Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#4551 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 3:13 PM
That's the crazy part: This pack actually sounds like it could be one of the few decent packs they've ever released...

...And I still have no interest in re-installing simply because the bug potential at this point seems through the roof. The game was already two seconds from exploding years ago, and now...? They could honestly make a 10/10 pack tomorrow and it wouldn't even matter because the base code and the stability of the game is just too awful to continue supporting new content.

At this point it feels like it's their goal to keep producing content until the game is as unstable as the Island Paradise world from Sims 3.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#4552 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 6:34 PM
I'm jealous of the Sims 4 werewolves honestly. To me, they look great. I'm thinking of the base you guys have to work with when adding your custom content to make them look more vicious. I hope someone converts the skins to The Sims 3. I can't even play my Sims 3 werewolves now because they look so pitiful to me. I've never really particularly cared for Sims 4, but I'm loving the wolves.
Mad Poster
#4553 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
An accumulative effect of all coding in the game, at this late stage, I should imagine. In theory, just based on regions alone, yes, Maxis could give us a thousand regions, each as "big" in terms of lot availability as the two base game regions. If it's all being stored as nothing but minimal data until loaded. But the Game Files are comprised of a lot more data than that, that needs to be easily accessible regardless of which region and which individual lot is currently loaded. Ever-growing Build mode data being one example.

It is at this late stage of this longstanding game we get the smaller and smaller regions. And during development, before they allow the art team to have at it, the technical team have to verify just what the game and the technology it runs on can tolerate - including now the console versions which are more limited compared to pc versions, but have to be same in terms of content. And I doubt the tech team are working solely on the mandate that smaller worlds are simply more cute, so let's just do it that way from here on in. Not if Maxis are, as they say, hearing us the (pc) players who want bigger regions - but just aren't getting them.

And even though the game has been fitted with features best experienced on higher end rigs, they [EA] still want to sell this game to everyone with a machine that can "try" to run it. Legendary edition did try to separate the wheat from the chaff, but still they [EA] want to sell this game to the most minimal machine user possible, who simply don't have the tech that should be allowed anywhere near games of this weight. So Maxis kept it light wherever they could to sell this game to "everyone." But even that now has come to bursting point - because they sell so, so much. How many packs now? How much money to buy all them packs now? Bursting point, that's how much.

And if consumers that aren't advocated video game players or had a grain in their head, we would have (somewhat) better game with higher requirement machine standards without making bullshit reason why not recreate TS3 features because they can't invest energy for a better PC that's intented for demanding/heavier games Maxis should have really chosen audience that wanted an upgraded game from than TS3, NOT the bunch that cries how CAST and OPEN WORLD made their toasters lag

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#4554 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
And if consumers that aren't advocated video game players or had a grain in their head, we would have (somewhat) better game with higher requirement machine standards without making bullshit reason why not recreate TS3 features because they can't invest energy for a better PC that's intented for demanding/heavier games Maxis should have really chosen audience that wanted an upgraded game from than TS3, NOT the bunch that cries how CAST and OPEN WORLD made their toasters lag

It's all about money - not everyone has a high-end Terminator machine, but everyone has a toaster.

World of Warcraft did the same thing - it took them YEARS to update the game graphically. They wanted to reach the largest audience possible and maximise accessibility. Sims 4 is the same while being on life support and frankly, I'm waiting on Paralives. I have a love/hate thing with The Sims 4. I enjoy building and tinkering here and there with my video game character inserts, but the enjoyment just... isn't as involved or engaging as what I would experience with previous titles.

And sadly, I feel like this is a post 2013-ish issue with most video games and heck, even movies. Our own technical capabilities have become our own crutch. Because while everyone cares about graphics and ray tracing and things looking pretty, actual content, depth of gameplay, and creativity have taken an enormous bullet.

It's rare I play anything now that takes me away in terms of enjoyment anymore. I miss waking up excited during my time off in anticipation for the next chapter of a recent game I picked up: the next section, the next challenge, even speaking to the next NPC in a new town. It's a kind of magic that can't be replicated.

Guess I'm just jaded from age. Mainstream media is so coddled it's unbareable. Challenge barely exists anymore and bugs and glitches are mostly forgiven with a 'they'll just patch it, doesn't matter I've already spent 50 bucks or so on it.'

Just look at Cyberpunk 2277. Yes, there was backlash. But why should the company care? They got their money. Pokémon is a shocking example with this too. Multi billion dollar company releasing a triple A title that has bugs, glitched side quests, and content removal rather than addition compared to previous titles? Oh, it's okay though. It's Pokémon.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Instructor
#4555 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 1:00 PM
The temptation to update is once again upon me since the small telescope is part of the patch. I think I last updated a couple months before the wedding fiasco released, so that means I have a rather important question to ask:

What is the best way to defeat the simulation lag? It used to be that you could click on the menu option, the game would pause, and upon going back to Live Mode things would be smooth again. Does that method still work?

Bonus question: Anything super-duper broken I should know about? My game is pretty nice the way it is, and I'd hate to spoil that just for the sake of having a normal-sized telescope.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#4556 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 5:56 PM
Lot of mods broke with that patch, particularly anything UI-related, also sliders.
Mad Poster
#4557 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 6:27 PM
When somebody's hesitant to update a game for a feature that should been since day 0, that's saying something about the game as a whole. Time's sure have change for the sims series.

Those type of things shouldn't be accepted as a norm. Harder to look at the medium as something worth appreciating at.

Field Researcher
#4558 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 1:54 AM
I suppose that now that they have vampires, spellcasters, mermaids and now werewolves, they just GOT to do fairies next. But as said, the bugs, the bugs, the simulation lag, and the bugs will just put one more straw upon the camel's back - and I really would like to have a fairies pack. Alas.

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#4559 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 4:50 AM
I would like a fairies one also.
Inventor
#4560 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
The temptation to update is once again upon me since the small telescope is part of the patch. I think I last updated a couple months before the wedding fiasco released, so that means I have a rather important question to ask:

What is the best way to defeat the simulation lag? It used to be that you could click on the menu option, the game would pause, and upon going back to Live Mode things would be smooth again. Does that method still work?

Bonus question: Anything super-duper broken I should know about? My game is pretty nice the way it is, and I'd hate to spoil that just for the sake of having a normal-sized telescope.

I did update after having a really nice game. Now my venues and worlds are empty, it lags and so much cc got broken by the patch. I feel really silly now and it seems after every patch the game gets worse even more. I would not advise to update if your game currently runs well.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Mad Poster
#4561 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 10:10 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 1st Jul 2022 at 1:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
I hope modders can make an overlay to make the werewolves not look so....furry. Seriously. *shudders*

The mind-boggling 101 basics about werewolf CAS:
- The paint tool has no symmetry option, making every customization tedious since you have to do it twice.
- Sims fidget and howl even in paint mode every 10 seconds, good luck with being precise!
- The paint tool has no way of saving paintovers as templates, meaning that if you want to share a particular werewolf appearance, you literally need to share it in the gallery and edit the sim to your liking later.
- Sim details can apply automatically to werewolf form, there is no ability to remove them in Werewolf form since there is no UI button for it- good luck if you're using CC sim details, some players have found out they mess up werewolf forms.
- Similarly, there no ability to add cosmetics or other sim details (it's not all about makeup, sometimes you want some pre-made details that look crisper & more precise than what achievable in the paint tool).
- No ability to toggle shoes, even to hide those feet. Ironically, CC shoes can be sometimes automatically applied to werewolf forms, with no way to remove them.

Overall I'd say that the paint tool is a nice gimmick for those who play forever with single sims (and a good prototype for a tattoo painter), but most players will stick to defaults because these UI basics are MIA.

Also an amusing thing since Cottage Living animals are considered objects:
https://twitter.com/onlyabidoang/st...715126484078593
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#4562 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 11:15 PM
Field Researcher
#4563 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 4:37 AM
I honestly don't see much benefit to being a werewolf? You have annoying fury to deal with and packs are dumb (so annoying I'm always getting put on probation). Vampires have some mind control abilities at least. Werewolves can pee on the floor, sleep on the floor, and eat raw meat...? I cannot attack anyone even during a rampage... I feel like I am playing a dog, honestly. To me this is the most underwhelming supernatural pack.
Scholar
#4564 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 4:38 AM
How come this pack has so many positive reviews on steam? Being a fan of the vampires and Spellcasters, naturally I also got this, but i'm not really enjoying this pack much at all, I can't keep friendships and make new ones, as them being angry most of time makes it impossible to progress in their careers, in fact i know what to do with them anymore, but let them just do werewolfs things.
Instructor
#4565 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I did update after having a really nice game. Now my venues and worlds are empty, it lags and so much cc got broken by the patch. I feel really silly now and it seems after every patch the game gets worse even more. I would not advise to update if your game currently runs well.

Thank you for the advice.

I received further reinforcement from a caring--cagey might be a better word, given the circumstances--friend who heard of my plight and advocated that playing Skyrim would be just the thing to cure me of temptation. Somehow that led to me testing out some unreleased mod updates for her, so...

Can't be too mad. She was right. I'm cured!

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#4566 Old 25th Jun 2022 at 1:47 PM
I played a werewolf sim for a while after someone gifted me this pack. In my opinion, werewolves make vampires embarrassed. My experience with werewolves was enjoyable, aside from their stupid furry appearance.

Taiwan Soul!
Forum Resident
#4567 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 12:38 AM Last edited by ticklish : 26th Jun 2022 at 1:28 AM.
I just want a mod that keeps them breaking from everything in the house
Scholar
#4568 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
I just want a mod that keeps them breaking from everything in the house

When I get the pack sometimes probably at reduced price the first thing I'm gonna do is try to have the werewolves locked into a room with no furniture for their transformation. It should work.
I actually like the idea of having a challenge with the transformations - it's not like werewolves should be behaving sims with no issues.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#4569 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 3:46 AM
they not need to be transformed the child werewolves break stuff too.
Mad Poster
#4570 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 2:52 PM
So....random werewolves in my game have now taken to dying from anger...like...in the middle of their little rampages (that happen way too often for my liking). I've yet to figure out if it's a mod issue, and I've noticed other people having this problem and not finding an answer -____-

The Receptacle still lives!
Field Researcher
#4571 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So....random werewolves in my game have now taken to dying from anger...like...in the middle of their little rampages (that happen way too often for my liking). I've yet to figure out if it's a mod issue, and I've noticed other people having this problem and not finding an answer -____-

I never did understand that "dying from" thing. Dying from laughter; simply "freezing to death"; etc., etc. I can't even remember them all. Now dying from anger. (They had redone the traits, anger being one of them. So, was anger dying a prior issue?)
Oh, why, oh, why do we need so many damn mods to make this game make sense??

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Mad Poster
#4572 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay
I never did understand that "dying from" thing. Dying from laughter; simply "freezing to death"; etc., etc. I can't even remember them all. Now dying from anger. (They had redone the traits, anger being one of them. So, was anger dying a prior issue?)
Oh, why, oh, why do we need so many damn mods to make this game make sense??

Death from anger was basically a heart attack. It's called something like "Cardiac Explosion".

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4573 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 1:10 AM
My Wedding Stories was made from bits and pieces of the new prom system, change my mind.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#4574 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 8:50 PM
Yeah... I don't like the look of these "werewolves". They do be looking like furries or cartoon characters. I loved the look of the werewolves in Sims 3. But then I was a big fan of Teen Wolf. Read that CC was broken... how do you figure out if you got broken CC? Will the game just flat out not launch, or will it crash or will things just not work (like the broken CC chairs). I got a ton of CC and right now I'm kinda thinking about just removing it... Most of it I don't know where it's from (Lot CC, Sim CC). I do know I got a bunch of sliders... somewhere in there.
Mad Poster
#4575 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 10:12 PM
Me, when I hear Maxis/EA how many more years they be releasing packs or stretching years for TS4:

https://youtube.com/shorts/7V6KIH5O_Fc?feature=share

Page 183 of 185