Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:19 AM
Default Slower Playpen and Walker skilling
Okay so I’m not sure if this counts as a WCIF, since technically I’m not really looking for a specific thing moreso asking for a way to do something. I have noticed how RIDICULOUSLY fast toddlers learn and skill up from using the playpen and walker from the store... I wanted to know if there was a way for me to slow it down? Maybe a mod that slows it or a setting from a Nraas mod? I looked for one but couldn’t find one. Maybe someone knows how do adjust this. It isn’t the end of the world, but when you have toddlers lifespan set to 15 days, once they learn everything in the first 4 hours of their life, it begins to get boring. So I don’t know if this would constitute as a WCIF or not, if it does and it shouldn’t be in the general discussion, burn me at the stake.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:25 AM
NRaas Relativity has options to scale skill gaining to one's lifespans across the board and additional options to apply delta factors (less than 1 but greater than 0 to slow them down more) to the individual skills if desired. I don't recall having to mod the skill gains from the premium toddler devices in particular, but with the toddler stage set to 17 days in my game things don't happen nearly that fast.

Sorry but the stake burning thing is not included free of charge at this time, we have to charge extra for that now.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
NRaas Relativity has options to scale skill gaining to one's lifespans across the board and additional options to apply delta factors (less than 1 but greater than 0 to slow them down more) to the individual skills if desired. I don't recall having to mod the skill gains from the premium toddler devices in particular, but with the toddler stage set to 17 days in my game things don't happen nearly that fast.

Sorry but the stake burning thing is not included free of charge at this time, we have to charge extra for that now.

Thank you for the advise! NRaas never Stops to amaze me, there’s always something! Quick question regarding that - since it usually takes my toddlers about 4 hours (in game) to learn to walk, talk, or whatever skills are progressed with those objects, if I want to make it so it takes more like 4-5 days, let’s say that I want to have them in the playpen for 6 hours a day, making a total of 30 hours for them to skill up, what would you recommend I set the Relativity setting thing to? I hope this makes sense?

Thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 6:54 PM
Without skills being scaled to lifespans, it sounds like a transition from 4 hours to 30 would be around 1/8 as fast so the factor would be 0.125. But I would suggest trying the scaling first and see what happens from there. Also note that Learning to Walk is a toddler-only skill so that one should be listed for the delta factors, but I think that Logic and Charisma might affect all sims including adults so you may end up throttling things too far by fixing up the factors while thinking of the playpen only.

In other words, in many such cases the solution comes down to a bit more art than science.