Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 4:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Can you still buy SimsPoints without Orign?
I have had The Sims 3 long before Origin and I have registered all of my Sims 3 games on The Sims 3 Community, I just got a Visa gift card and I want to use it on SimsPoints but every time I try to purchase them on The Community it sends me to the Origin website, is there a way you can still buy SimsPoints without using Origin or better yet is there a way you can get all The Sims 3 games without having to buy them again in Origin?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 11:51 PM
You don't have to have an Origin-managed game to use Origin.com and the TS3 Store. But the Store doesn't do cash/credit card transactions at all anymore.

Basically Origin acts as a purchasing agent, and the points end up in your store account after the transaction is complete -- assuming you have the same user name on both. But it doesn't have to be the Origin program if you don't want that, the Origin.com website is fine to use too. I don't know if the site takes Visa gift cards, but seems like it should. That may depend on which country you are in.