Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 9:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Possible work-around for "Error 16"?
I just made final touches for my neighbourhood and was finally ready to play when out of nowhere I received error 16 while trying to save .I managed to surpass It by "Saving as" but will this method aid me each time? It is a small world with 15 or so families that consist of max 4 people.I played It for about 5 sim weeks-building and creating households,testing gameplay efficiency.It ran well enough ,as smooth as my old fart laptop is able to.I don't want to abandon such thoroughly prepared hood.What can I do to play It without fear of losng it all? Thanks a bunch!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 11:54 PM
What patch level are you on?

Error 16 means that the game cannot overwrite the file for some reason- perhaps there is a lock on it. Check that your antivirus program is set to exclude your Sims 3 userdata.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM
My game is patched 1.67.
A few minutes ago I saved the game and everything is fine for now. I guess that previous encounter with the error was caused by my countless makeovers of townies in one gameplay session.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 4:38 AM
One of the things that reportedly can trigger an Error 16 in addition to those already mentioned is lack of sufficient free space on the drive where the user game folder resides. But in that case, doing a Save As thereby creating a whole new save instead of overwriting the original one probably would have failed with a different error code instead of being successful.