Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

joandsarah77, DameMika

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 5:38 PM
Replies: 11814 (Who?), Viewed: 254501 times.
Page 473 of 473
Inventor
#11801 Old Yesterday at 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne
Before I start pulling logs/config files/dxdiags for a real help thread, could I get some input on the following?

As far as anyone knows, SHOULD the Sims 2 UC work under these conditions?

--Installed directly from Origin, so it has whatever that last little update was.

--New install of Windows 10 Pro on a current-gen machine with a GTX1070 (note: in case you're thinking 'new PC is the problem', these problems started on my previous PC so I went with a new one for testing. I'm in a work situation where I have access to lots of similar high-end machine).

--No tweaks. No CC, no Video Cards/Graphics Rules changes, no NO-CD EXE. Totally clean install.

Because it crashes repeatedly in this situation. (Either when selecting a hood, or selecting a household.)

(It also crashes once I try to add in the appropriate video card and graphics rulesets, and the no-CD exe. It's most frequently the generic "Application has crashed" verbage.)

Beginning to think some very recent Windows updates have broken the game significantly (having some troubles on multiple installs, after years and years of the game being fine across many different PCs).

You may benefit by going to Leefish and checking out their thread The Sims 2 UC WON'T LAUNCH, especially if you have Updated with Origin.

Or checking out some of the other threads at Leefish like this one, Sims 2 UC Application Has Crashed, Will Now Terminate

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Scholar
#11802 Old Yesterday at 2:03 AM Last edited by frogz2007 : Yesterday at 9:44 AM.
Why are Sims peeing themselves after I edited a few lots in the Downtown subhood? They didn't before...

EDIT: Oh, and for some stupid reason the dirty plates aren't being taken care of. What the heck!
Mad Poster
#11803 Old Yesterday at 2:15 AM
Did you accidentally remove access to the toilet?
Scholar
#11804 Old Yesterday at 2:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Did you accidentally remove access to the toilet?

Actually, all I did was I added an energy freeze sculpture to a few of the lots. Only pre-mades seem to be the ones who are affected.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Test Subject
#11805 Old Yesterday at 6:15 AM
Quote:
Before I start pulling logs/config files/dxdiags for a real help thread, could I get some input on the following?

As far as anyone knows, SHOULD the Sims 2 UC work under these conditions?

--Installed directly from Origin, so it has whatever that last little update was.

--New install of Windows 10 Pro on a current-gen machine with a GTX1070 (note: in case you're thinking 'new PC is the problem', these problems started on my previous PC so I went with a new one for testing. I'm in a work situation where I have access to lots of similar high-end machine).

--No tweaks. No CC, no Video Cards/Graphics Rules changes, no NO-CD EXE. Totally clean install.

Because it crashes repeatedly in this situation. (Either when selecting a hood, or selecting a household.)

(It also crashes once I try to add in the appropriate video card and graphics rulesets, and the no-CD exe. It's most frequently the generic "Application has crashed" verbage.)

Beginning to think some very recent Windows updates have broken the game significantly (having some troubles on multiple installs, after years and years of the game being fine across many different PCs).

You might want to go in to the files and make sure the graphic rules worked correctly. I have seen it have issues with any GTX cards 960 and above. There are instructions for altering the files manually. They can be found here: http://simlili.tumblr.com/post/146373494212 It only takes a couple minutes, I have had to do mine manually for the last two cards that I have had. Same thing, the game just kept crashing because it wasn't recognizing the card.
Lab Assistant
#11806 Old Yesterday at 8:52 AM
So my Sims keep getting one of each skill points daily seemingly at random (meaning not all sims get them, one day one sim can get them, some days none get them, some days more of them do). I can't pinpoint which mod could've caused this. I don't know what triggers it but it bothers me way too much because I'm using the harder skills mod and I very much don't want them to end up being overskilled. It seems to stop after they earn their fourth set of skill points. Has anyone heard of this bug? Any ideas how I could test it other than brute forcing it with the 50/50 method?

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Scholar
#11807 Old Yesterday at 2:37 PM
(I appreciate everyone who responded to my tech issue. I've actually done everything (cache files, no cd .exe, multiple clean reinstalls, any number of hand-edited and pre-made video cards/graphics rules files, multiple machines. Once I figure out what it is (assuming it's not the origin update to UC and has no fix), I'll follow up. I guess if I don't figure it out, I will start a real, extremely detailed thread in the help section. Right now I feel like there's a legit problem with Origin UC (current patch) and Windows updates, but maybe I'm still overlooking something dumb.)

(Oh, I've also spent hours over at leefish. All the threads describing my problems either have no resolution posted (OP disappeared or got no help), or were fixed by things that do not work for me.)

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Scholar
#11808 Old Yesterday at 2:44 PM
Quote:
(I appreciate everyone who responded to my tech issue. I've actually done everything (cache files, no cd .exe, multiple clean reinstalls, any number of hand-edited and pre-made video cards/graphics rules files, multiple machines. Once I figure out what it is (assuming it's not the origin update to UC and has no fix), I'll follow up. I guess if I don't figure it out, I will start a real, extremely detailed thread in the help section. Right now I feel like there's a legit problem with Origin UC (current patch) and Windows updates, but maybe I'm still overlooking something dumb.)

(Oh, I've also spent hours over at leefish. All the threads describing my problems either have no resolution posted (OP disappeared or got no help), or were fixed by things that do not work for me.)

Is your graphics card updated? I just ask because I had computer issues that were fixed upon updating my graphics card that I didn't realize had to be udpated.
Scholar
#11809 Old Yesterday at 8:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedjr89
Is your graphics card updated? I just ask because I had computer issues that were fixed upon updating my graphics card that I didn't realize had to be udpated.

Yeah. At the risk of devolving this further into a tech thread (which I know it's not supposed to be), I do PC stuff for a living, and I've been playing with (and tweaking) Sims 2 and the UC for zillions of years. If I didn't think there was a legit problem occurring right now if you do a fresh install of the fully-patched Origin UC version, I wouldn't be posting; I can usually fix this stuff on my own.

(I could still easily turn out to be wrong, but I've put quite a few hours into this on multiple PCs.)

And to answer your question specifically: problems started while I had the Oct '17 NVIDIA driver installed, and continued after I did a clean install of the Jan '18 driver.

Sorry to mods--really not looking for tech support proper here, I was really just trying to find out if the Origin UC version *should* work without crashing on modern Windows 10 systems, as far as people knew, so I could at least get a baseline for troubleshooting.

...it seemed to be a game about watching other people sitting around the house, on a computer. It just seemed so lame. - Rod Humble on his first impression of "The Sims".
Scholar
#11810 Old Yesterday at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Yeah. At the risk of devolving this further into a tech thread (which I know it's not supposed to be), I do PC stuff for a living, and I've been playing with (and tweaking) Sims 2 and the UC for zillions of years. If I didn't think there was a legit problem occurring right now if you do a fresh install of the fully-patched Origin UC version, I wouldn't be posting; I can usually fix this stuff on my own.

(I could still easily turn out to be wrong, but I've put quite a few hours into this on multiple PCs.)

And to answer your question specifically: problems started while I had the Oct '17 NVIDIA driver installed, and continued after I did a clean install of the Jan '18 driver.

Sorry to mods--really not looking for tech support proper here, I was really just trying to find out if the Origin UC version *should* work without crashing on modern Windows 10 systems, as far as people knew, so I could at least get a baseline for troubleshooting.

Sorry :/ I had to upgrade to windows 10, and do a fresh install of the UC which included the new update, just last month. I've just been working on making over everyone in my megahood so far but it's working...I have windows 10 and Nvidia 660 Ti

I wish you luck Sorry I can't help
Instructor
#11811 Old Today at 5:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I thought that you could put the University stove (the one with only the top burners, no oven) in an apartment common area, and it would spawn a cook. It's not working for me, but I remember doing it before. Does it require some mod?

If you put the stove in an apartment, it will spawn a cook who will stand at the corner of the lot stomping and yelling because she can't get into the apartment. But if you put it in the common area...no cook! Gotta love EAxis logic.
Lab Assistant
#11812 Old Today at 7:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackivy
So my Sims keep getting one of each skill points daily seemingly at random (meaning not all sims get them, one day one sim can get them, some days none get them, some days more of them do). I can't pinpoint which mod could've caused this. I don't know what triggers it but it bothers me way too much because I'm using the harder skills mod and I very much don't want them to end up being overskilled. It seems to stop after they earn their fourth set of skill points. Has anyone heard of this bug? Any ideas how I could test it other than brute forcing it with the 50/50 method?

To answer my own stupid question, the culprit turned out to be the Reading Skills mod by Simlogical. Apparently, skilling from a bookcase counts as reading and sims would skill while they skill.

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Test Subject
#11813 Old Today at 11:05 AM
Ok--is there anyway to stop or at least workaround the the glitch that happens when a child ghost is out haunting, and random object npcs will come and try to claim them? I swear in all my years I have never found a plausible fix for this!
Theorist
#11814 Old Today at 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DameMika
Ok--is there anyway to stop or at least workaround the the glitch that happens when a child ghost is out haunting, and random object npcs will come and try to claim them? I swear in all my years I have never found a plausible fix for this!

Would Cyjon's Spawn Tweaks http://www.cyjon.net/node/188 fix it?
Quote:
Bans ghosts younger than teen because animations for younger ghosts are broken or missing.
If the child ghost never spawns, I think that would avoid the issue entirely?
Test Subject
#11815 Old Today at 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Would Cyjon's Spawn Tweaks http://www.cyjon.net/node/188 fix it?
If the child ghost never spawns, I think that would avoid the issue entirely?

OOOH that looks good. I'll try that. Thank you!

I do wonder, is there a way to have the ghosts haunt though and avoid the ''I'm here to pick my kid up because it's late'' issue? Hypothetically if I got a mod that stopped them being picked up in any circumstance, that would fix the ghosts, right?
Page 473 of 473