Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 5:00 AM Last edited by Jordan15975 : 6th Jul 2023 at 8:02 AM.
Default [SOLVED] S3OC changes done correctly, but not applying in-game
SOLUTION: The issue was in my resource.cfg file - something else was taking priority over the changes I was making. So, I made a new folder for MY recategorizations, and then in the resource.cfg file, made my new folder be prioritized over everything else (priority = 1100).

Trying to recategorize clothing in CAS using S3OC.

Everything I see on my end implies my changes were made correctly and will show up.

But they don't.

Steps I am taking:
- S3OC > Cloning > CAS Part > Choose clothing > Clone or fix > Uncheck rename/renumber > Include thumbnail & compress
- The resulting packages go in my overrides folder. Then I clear my cache.

Things I have tried since:

1. Double checked via S3PE that my changes were indeed saved. They were (https://imgur.com/a/4VBhJX9)

2. Deleted everything but the CASP file in S3PE (This was AFTER I noticed it still wasn't working)

3. Putting my overrides in the packages folder instead of overrides

But the game still isn't reading it! Thoughts?

Sims 2 Playa!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 5:39 AM
If you have a lot of these changes to make, you might have more luck using the method from my tutorial.
Aside from that, it's difficult to tell if the packages are correct without seeing one. Is it happening on new saves? You could try using the HiddenInCAS flag instead of removing the categories.

Hiders can sometimes fail to get their foot in the door, depending on what is being prioritized to load things can appear to stick (the same applies to still seeing them after removing them). Make sure you clear your caches, including in the WorldCaches folder.
Overrides only concerns priority over its fellow packages, but can still be overwritten by EA resources that have been cached or within a save.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 5:52 AM Last edited by Jordan15975 : 6th Jul 2023 at 6:12 AM.
Thanks for the reponse!

- I have seen your post - but it (respectfully) seems beyond the scope of what I am needing - more atuned to complex bulk recats.

- I will try a new save & clearing the world cache.

- I'm beginning to suspect it MAY have something to do with either my resource.cfg file OR (somehow?) confliction between my NRaas Blacklists & my newly re-categorized replacement files. If it's too much to ask I understand - but would you mind taking a look over my resource.cfg, just for shits?

Sims 2 Playa!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 5:56 AM Last edited by Jordan15975 : 6th Jul 2023 at 6:25 AM.
Here is an example of an edited .package I made via S3OC: https://www.mediafire.com/file/v7no...0F.package/file

Here is an example of an edited .package I made via EasyCASP:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8eyd...SP.package/file

Sims 2 Playa!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 6:12 AM
Update: Cleared world cache & all other caches. Started a new save file. Still not working /:

Also tried EASYCasp. No luck there as well.

I know this is do-able! Something is up

Sims 2 Playa!
Instructor
#6 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 10:25 AM
I'm glad you found a solution!
They can be a bit fiddly to work with for sure.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Jul 2023 at 3:05 PM
It would be odd to need to add a new category to the resource. I am working on default replacements for ITF, basegame, and other EP's, and packages are being placed in TEST folder, for now, which is priority 400, and they show in game.

NOTE: I have found that pre-existing EA NPC's, both townies and service, do not take to the changes correctly (I have not found why), and must be taken to CAS to reapply them. Any in game created Sim, by you or by the game, will have the changes applied.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2023 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
It would be odd to need to add a new category to the resource. I am working on default replacements for ITF, basegame, and other EP's, and packages are being placed in TEST folder, for now, which is priority 400, and they show in game.

NOTE: I have found that pre-existing EA NPC's, both townies and service, do not take to the changes correctly (I have not found why), and must be taken to CAS to reapply them. Any in game created Sim, by you or by the game, will have the changes applied.

While I agree the concept is a little foreign in Sims modding - the idea of "ordering" your mods via priorities is fairly common with other games (Skyrim, GTA, etc)

Probably not the 'cleanest' solution though, I would agree

That's good to know! Just for clairty, you're saying EA pre-mades aren't at all affected by NRaas Dresser attempting to override their outfits?

Sims 2 Playa!
Forum Resident
#9 Old 7th Jul 2023 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jordan15975
While I agree the concept is a little foreign in Sims modding - the idea of "ordering" your mods via priorities is fairly common with other games (Skyrim, GTA, etc)

Probably not the 'cleanest' solution though, I would agree

That's good to know! Just for clairty, you're saying EA pre-mades aren't at all affected by NRaas Dresser attempting to override their outfits?

My mods are ordered within my slightly modified resource. Simply that I have never found a need to add above Overrides to get things to work. I find that a bit odd.