Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:31 PM
Default Downloaded sims don't show in game
I downloaded some sims off of Media Fire. They didn't come in a package file, they came in ".sim files". I've tried a few times to install them but they never appear in my game. Any ideas on what to do or what I might be doing wrong? The files are for the Sims 3.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:34 PM
Are you putting the .sim files in folder called savedsims?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM
I did but they still aren't in the game.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:38 AM
Where have you looked for them? Downloaded sims don't necessarily automatically populate into your game, though NRaas Story Progression has a chance to either pull in sims from your bin or create children from sims in the bin. (not sure about EA's story progression)

But anyway, if you haven't already, check the sims available to you in CAS as premades, as well as the sims available from the Edit in Game options for households and see if they show up.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:46 AM
If they are just .sim files, they show up in CAS in the premades. You will have to create the actual sim household from there.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:53 AM
The bin that NRaas SP pulls genetics from is the household bin in Edit Town, not the individual sim bin viewable in CAS in case that helps clarify anything.
Alchemist
#7 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:19 AM
In addition to what everyone else said, make sure you're looking at the correct age in the CAS bin; sometimes, sims might be teens or adults instead of young adults.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:08 PM
Okay. Thanks for all the information. I was planning on playing the Sims some this weekend and I'll check again with this new information. I've downloaded sims before and put them in the game but I don't remember how I did it but I don't remember it being complicated or hard to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:55 PM
Updated
Quote: Originally posted by steffi30
Okay. Thanks for all the information. I was planning on playing the Sims some this weekend and I'll check again with this new information. I've downloaded sims before and put them in the game but I don't remember how I did it but I don't remember it being complicated or hard to do.

I played the sims a little bit on Saturday and my downloaded sims are nowhere in game or CAS to be found but they are the SavedSims folder in my downloads under EA and The Sims 3. Thanks for the help. I'm not sure why they aren't in the game but thanks again for all the help.