Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:58 PM
Default Get to Work: Restocking is still bugged. It's been 4 years.
So how are we feeling about this? Should we be angry? Should we try to fix this bug ourselves?

If you don't know what I'm talking about:
When you sell an item and restock it, it won't charge you. You basically get to restock all your items for free and this just completely ruins the challenge of owning your own shop. There have been numerous threads about this but so far EA hasn't fixed it.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 9:34 PM
Waiting for EA to fix their bugs, is a waste of time. Have you tried mods?
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsProductions
So how are we feeling about this? Should we be angry? Should we try to fix this bug ourselves?

If you don't know what I'm talking about:
When you sell an item and restock it, it won't charge you. You basically get to restock all your items for free and this just completely ruins the challenge of owning your own shop. There have been numerous threads about this but so far EA hasn't fixed it.

This is why I don't own my own store in the game anymore... That and the employees standing around doing nothing was enough for me to stop owning my own store. And don't get me started on owning a clinic and restaurant. 😑
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 9:24 PM
I thought this was supposed to have been fixed in the August patch? Or was that just for when NPCs restock?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 6:20 AM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 19th Oct 2018 at 2:30 PM. Reason: Ougth to work this time

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 12:37 PM
waiting for Maxis to repair the bugs is like waiting for hell to freeze over. yes they did fixed a few of them but later broke more. seasons patches only made it worse.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Field Researcher
#7 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 12:56 PM
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 2:27 AM
hehe. as long as the bug brings me profit, I would not mind if it doesn't get fixed. hehehehehe *Homer's laugh in annoying way*
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 10:48 AM
Why do you "The Sims 4" players put up with this crap? I'm not being a smart-ass; I'm just genuinely confused as to why anyone would spend money on this game at all if all they get is broken crap.

Rob Riemensnyder is the biggest coward who ever lived. Stay away from him.
dodgy builder
#10 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan
Why do you "The Sims 4" players put up with this crap? I'm not being a smart-ass; I'm just genuinely confused as to why anyone would spend money on this game at all if all they get is broken crap.

Most features in ts3 are bugged as well, only there you have a ton of mods to fix it and no patches to consider. It's why they still use Latin language today as well, why would you change a working relationship, that no one does any changes to?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 1:59 PM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 19th Oct 2018 at 2:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by adamsavagefan

If you want a serious answer here is why. Or at least my reason why.
-Because we are still Sims fans in general and like the concept of the games.
-Because most of us Sims 4 players are well aware it is buggy, but we can still enjoy it and play it for what it is.
-Because we don't give a damn what the people who have a problem with it say since we can still find it fun.

Also to be fair Sims 3 was not faultless either, that is the game I started with when I got into sims. It ran like crap on most computers even ones that were meant to be for powerful gaming (If you are a mods user which I am.), The lag could get crazy after a while, Sims where bugged and would glitch out at times *Cough* Demon Spawn Baby *Cough*, and I had to use mods for everything that should of just been a feature in the game (Same with Sims 4 only this one comes with at least some of the features I use to mod for.). Bottom line they both were pretty equally buggy in their own right yet we still played it, yes Sims 4 is more simplified and there are somethings I wish were in it that aren't, but at the end of the day it is really no different with the bugs and glitches.

And we kind of stopped bitching about Sims 4 because we know EA won't fix it and if they do it would be a long process for them to get their butts in gear. Why go on strike and not play Sims 4 when the company won't do anything about it and the game is still enjoyable if you are someone who does not have a problem too easily with games. Those who have an issue with Sims 4 should really be having the issue with EA since it is not the games fault it is how it is, it is it's maker's fault. We can all probably agree that Sims 4 did not live up to it's predecessors, but that does not mean it is not playable and for it's faults it does have some good in it like for example hardly any lag and runs smoother than Sims 3 did. It is clear it is kind of a shameless cash grab, but EA is a business and what do businesses want? They want money, so it is not really any different from other companies I have played games from that may not of lived up to my expectations, but I could still enjoy.

Though I swear that if they do make a Sims 5 they better make it what the Sims 4 should of been. I love how one guest user likes to stalk me just to disagree with me. XD
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
waiting for Maxis to repair the bugs is like waiting for hell to freeze over. yes they did fixed a few of them but later broke more. seasons patches only made it worse.