Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 7:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Can't buy anything on business owned lots - no cashier
Okay, so maybe I'm just an idiot but I can't get over the fact I can't buy goods from business owners. I mean, my sim goes to an ownable community lot to buy, for example, toys. She then picks up some things, adds them to the basket, everything's good here. But there's nobody at the cash register! The owner just loiters around and their employee assigned to the cash register is busy shopping(!) so my sim cannot get the service. Perhaps it's obvious to you but it's a big problem for me and google-searching didn't help.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 7:22 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 9th Sep 2019 at 9:22 AM.
When you load up the owner of the shop and go there, is the cashier assigned? Also is the cashier a hired employee?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 7:52 AM Last edited by Haley90 : 9th Sep 2019 at 8:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
When you load up the owner of the shop and go there, is the catchier assigned? Also is the cashier a hired employee?

I think so. I played as the owner, employed a new person and assigned him to the cash register. Everything fine. The guy served one customer. Then the owner went home and when another sim visited this shop - no cashier there.

Edit: And yes, the cashier comes to work when I play as the owner.

Edit 2: I hired two more employees (sales and restocking) and when I visit the shop as a customer, they are all acting exactly like normal customers, browsing and buying things instead of actually working. When I visit the shop as the owner everything is ok.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 9:23 AM
Next would be to make a full backup and pull your download folder to be sure it isn't CC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 9:28 AM
I've never had a problem with assigned employees doing their jobs, although it has just occurred to me that my employees are all townies and I don't know if it would make a difference if they're townies or other playables, but I have found that with a lot of my smaller businesses where the owner is basically the only employee, they won't ring customers up when I visit with another playable because they're not assigned to it. What works for me is temporarily making them selectable and telling them to ring up customers. You could see if that works.
Alchemist
#6 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 1:08 PM
Quick fix is, as sushigal007 suggested, to make employees selectable and reassign them. Next question is, is there a manager on the lot? They are known to reassign sims to stupid things, so that might be one of the things going on. Otherwise, I believe this is a common error, where employees get reassigned when they aren't controllable. Try this mod: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,3881.0.html
It's No Auto Reassigning Workers by Pescado. If that doesn't work, then something else might be causing the problem. Also, if you need a specific version of that mod for your game, you should be able to find it in Pescado's hack directory: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,7.0.html

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 2:00 PM Last edited by Haley90 : 9th Sep 2019 at 3:40 PM.
Thank you all for your help. Making the owner selectable works, making the employees selectable doesn't as they can't do anything with the cash register as if they were normal customers. I'm going to set up another businesses and see if the problem persists in other neighbourhoods and then check the CC.

Edit: Okay, so the problem affects all the neighbourhoods but disappears with no CC gameplay. So it looks like joandsarah77 was right - it is the CC after all. Thanks for the tip!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 12th Sep 2019 at 5:23 AM
Great that you figured out it's an issue with some of your cc, Haley90.

Adding for anyone who finds this thread in the future: Monique's Fairly Paid Regulator is a useful hacked object to have on OFB lots that your other playable households might be taken to visit. The sign provides a quick fix to these kinds of problems, because it has a really interesting side function: it allows you to immediately reassign any employee or even owner sim on the lot even if you are only there as a visitor.

Example: The Simpsons own the clothing store and have 2 employees, a cashier and restocker. You're playing the Smiths and bring them to the Simpsons' shop, but no one is working the register. On the Regulator sign, click on the Assign Job submenu and put the cashier back to work as the cashier for your visit. (As another example, if there's a mess during your visit, you could use the sign to have one of the employees, or the owner, Tidy Up.)

Of course, having the sign isn't a long-term substitute for troubleshooting! But it's a nice option to have if, for example, you know the problem is just that you forgot to assign anyone to be a cashier the last time you left the owner's household. The business is functional for your visit, and you don't have to interrupt playing with the current family just to go back and fix the issue. (Monique's sign also works great at its main function: automatically adjusting employee wages so that they'll never rage-quit over low pay.)

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/