Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 12:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Adult is gaining social while playing with the Shape Rattle and Roll but the toddler isn't
Honesty I'm surprised that I couldn't find anything about this on google and my internet is being weird and if I try to do a more narrowed search on this forum it stops searching just sims 2

I'm playing the UC on Win10, new computer so I had to get Leefish's graphics fixes. but this is something that I never thought to look at before, so it could have always been a problem. generally if I was worried about a toddler's social I'd bathe them, have them play at the activity table with a sibling, or peek-a-boo.

I just moved the family into the house so everyone's bars were full except bladder. went to check the toddler at noon but he wasn't tired, but his social was low, the mom didn't have anything else that needed to be done, and since the toddler didn't need a bath I had her sit down and play with the shape rattle and roll. hit play and divided my attention between pc and phone, when I saw the green arrow go up on social for mom I switched over to the toddler and watched for a bit but the social bar decreased. tried the xylophone and the rabbit and social goes up on both of those, just not the blocks. Is that just the way the game works? because that isn't fair! is this a me glitch, or a game glitch? is there a fix for this? if this was already addressed somewhere I apologise my internet or browser seem against me at the moment. thank you
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 1:43 AM
Hiya @draechaeli !

You're right, that's an inconsistency with the Maxis toddler toys; I checked it out in my game just now and found the same.

One clue about there being something different in the coding for the blocks box: the older sim's interaction is called, "Play with [toddler's name]." The rabbit and the xylophone, by contrast, both show the interaction just as "Play With"---the toddler's name isn't shown on the option. This is a small difference, but I tend to interpret it as a clue that someone else coded that particular interaction for that toy than did the other two...or maybe someone went in and deliberately changed it after all three initially were done the same way!

It's possible that the blocks not increasing Social when the adult and toddler play together is just an oversight; maybe they realized at the last minute they forgot to add an adult interaction for that toy and rushed to get one in, forgetting the Social along the way. But...I also think it's possible that someone at EAxis deliberately went in and changed it because the blocks skill logic and (with FT) increase Science enthusiasm---they may have been trying to make a (clumsy) joke that social isolation starts at an early age for science-loving sims! (After all, look at what they did with reading a science-fiction book in Freetime: they made it decrease *hygiene*, so another nerd joke there.)

Many people assume that everything's been discovered about this game already, but the truth is that we're still noticing small details like that---so you can be proud that you're one of probably only a few people who've ever noticed that. I don't know of any mods to fix it, and I'm guessing that's more proof that it's not been noticed by many, if any, other players.

Oh, and remember---toddlers can also Huggle one another for social!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:17 AM
well at least I'm not going crazy