Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 30th Sep 2017 at 5:18 PM. Reason: re-categorizing

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
CCMagic Crashing?
Hello all. I'm trying to reinstall CCMagic on my new computer and having some problems. It keeps crashing everytime I try to open it. I've copied My Documents->Electronic Arts folder from the backup. I've tried running CCMagic fresh and with the ->CCMagic folder from the backup without luck.

I highlighted the fatal lines in bold. The two errors I keep getting are:
-CCMagic is trying to modify Settings.XML file, I press okay and nothing happens. This is the log file:

-So I tried deleting the Settings.XML file, CCMagic opens and crashes while the computer says CCMagic is trying to modify the Launcher2.db file. I press okay but it's already crashed. This is the next log file:

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 3:14 AM
While I have no idea what these log files mean, did you make sure you have these:
This program requires:
the .NET Framework V4.0
the Visual C++ runtime for 32 bit (required for both 32 and 64 bit!)
the Visual C++ runtime for 64 bit

Are you trying to use it as launcher on patch 1.69? That won't work.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 12:49 AM
Hmm.. First off, I seem to have found a work-around. I was having trouble running version 2942, but for some reason v.2732 seems to work okay. I can't imagine there's that much difference in them so I'm not worried about getting the later version.

Secondly, I had all of those requirements (or newer versions) installed before the crashing issue. Third, my game is version 1.67.2.024002 so that's fine.

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 2:22 AM
I'm glad you found a way!
Honestly, I couldn't tell you why 2942 wouldn't work. Are you running Windows 10? Maybe they don't play nice together.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 5:17 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:09 PM
Yes, it's Windows 10. I was running the 2942 version when the Advanced System Care (virus scanner) kept popping up warning me that CCMagic was trying to modify Settings.XML (in my first error) and Launcher2.db files (in my second error). By the time I told ASC it was okay to modify the files, CCMagic either wouldn't open (first error) or had already crashed (second error). Even though I told ASC to remember that I give it permission, it would ask again every time. I also tried running CCMagic as Administrator without success. One of the lines in the log file said access to the files were denied so I though it had something to do with folder privileges, but changing the Security settings didn't seem to help either.

It's weird, ASC doesn't make a peep when I run the 2732 version. I'm not even sure if the coder is still working on this project, but I'm hoping this information is useful to someone.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 5:13 PM
Thanks for the update, it definitely is. Is ASC part of Win10? As far as I know, Grant has left modding a long time ago.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:30 AM Last edited by KuraiNekoMT13 : 6th Oct 2017 at 7:50 AM.
What is the link to version 2732, I have been having what seems like a similar problem or maybe even the same problem. It use to work fine but then out of the random it no longer works for me no matter what I do. Can you please link it to me, v.2732 of CC Magic? I can not seem to get to it and the original CC magic page only has the other version 2942 and that is not working for me at all. The minute I open this thing it immediately gives me the "CC Magic not responding" crap and it forces me to close the program, does not matter if I click x it still closes everything down and will not even work. I have tried doing all the things you did without any luck.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:13 PM
@310175: No, Advanced System Care isn't part of Windows. It's like a suite of tools, the basic (free) version is a 1-click fix-all (spyware, security, registry clean, privacy sweep, etc), but it also comes with additional tools to help install new drivers, defrag disks, malware scan, control startup programs, defrag registry, and some other ones I never use. The professional (paid) version also comes with a tool to free up RAM, registry cleaner, and an internet "booster" (with dubious results).

I've been using ASC for a few years, I'd recommend the free version for the 1-click fix-all alone because it's so simple. And I'd recommend the whole free suite too, but with the caveat that you shouldn't change any settings or disable startups if you don't know what you're doing. In the past I tried to make the computer faster I accidentally disabled important services and had to roll back the system once or twice.

@KuraiNekoMT13 I'm not sure if I'm allowed to attach files on this forum. But the 2732 version I downloaded was here:
http://cc-magic.software.informer.com/download/

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mister_wolfe
@310175: No, Advanced System Care isn't part of Windows. It's like a suite of tools, the basic (free) version is a 1-click fix-all (spyware, security, registry clean, privacy sweep, etc), but it also comes with additional tools to help install new drivers, defrag disks, malware scan, control startup programs, defrag registry, and some other ones I never use. The professional (paid) version also comes with a tool to free up RAM, registry cleaner, and an internet "booster" (with dubious results).

I've been using ASC for a few years, I'd recommend the free version for the 1-click fix-all alone because it's so simple. And I'd recommend the whole free suite too, but with the caveat that you shouldn't change any settings or disable startups if you don't know what you're doing. In the past I tried to make the computer faster I accidentally disabled important services and had to roll back the system once or twice.

@KuraiNekoMT13 I'm not sure if I'm allowed to attach files on this forum. But the 2732 version I downloaded was here:
http://cc-magic.software.informer.com/download/

Welp that is upsetting, it is still not working...Will I ever even be able to use it again...It is literally the only thing that works for me as far as CC and keeping my game running smoothly...

2017-10-17 16:10:15Z| Fatal | [CCMagic.App] -- Unhandled ExceptionSystem.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite.dll'
at CCMagic.Core.Database.DBManager.Open(String BaseFoldername)
at CCMagic.Core.LaunchManager.Run(Boolean IsRefresh)
at CCMagic.MainWindow.Window_ContentRendered(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.OnContentRendered(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.<PostContentRendered>b__198_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

This is what keeps happening according to the log files...It is really starting to make me mad... And it keeps forcing me to close it down.

And I keep getting this...
Screenshots