Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 12:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is This Possible?: Library Files: How To ID The Cryptic Coded Files?
Read the FAQs: Question NOT listed.

When I go into my Library Folder in C:\Users\user\Desktop\username\Sims 3\Game Files Backup\DCCache - I see a whole bunch of package files that I know to NOT delete, but I need to know what cryptic code goes with what family/lot in my Library folder. So my question is the following.

Can I remove all the files and put them into a backup folder on desktop and then reload them one at a time... (shutting off the game and restarting it each time) to see which families or lots pop up visually back in my bin so that I can identify each one? I don't think S3PE can help me here because all I'm reading is a bunch of code in the right hand window with no identifying markers.

For example...I see this: ebf_0xf8ae0087ce8d6ba0.package in my Library file. I want to figure out which family/lot goes with THAT coded file.

It's so that if I can manage to organize this folder and if it is possible to rename the package folders to something identifiably easy. at least I won't have a headache if I try to create MORE lots and sims.

Reason, I'm asking is that I want to make sure that I don't CARK up my game if I cut and paste my Library folder into a back desktop folder and then play "cut and paste" until I can identify all the files in my bin.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:17 AM Last edited by 310175 : 6th Oct 2017 at 5:16 AM.
All you need to do in S3PE is open it, scroll down to SNAP on the left and it shows the picture of the family it represents. Then you can rename it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
All you need to do in S3PE is open it, scroll down to SNAP on the left and it shows the picture of the family it represents. Then you can rename it.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

I got S3PE to work and saw as you stated. SNAP (families) & ICON (Lots) Thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 10:21 AM
You can also retrieve the names of lots and families in the LDES and FAMD, respectively, when you open these resources in HEX view (button at the bottom of the S3PE main window).