Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:27 PM
Default TS2 CFE help
Like the title says, I need some help with the BP CFE. I haven't played for years and almost forgot eveything.. wooops!
Byt anyway. I am builiding this glass-house-building-thing and I used floortiles as roofing together with CFE.

The problem is the HUGE gap between the windows and the roof when the window is added. See pictures.
Can someone give me a tip on to how fill the gap? Atleast some of it or any tip that may help make it less obvious.

Thanks in advance! :lovestruc
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:28 PM
You'll need to add a dummy floor to CFE, on top of the existing 3 floors, but then you'll have a plain wall though.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#3 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 12:22 PM
Thank you Johnny_Bravo!
I thought so too. The limits of TS2 build amaze and annoys me.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 1:15 PM
Can't you find sloping windows for ts2? Both 3 and 4 have it. Then you can adjust the roof slope to the windows.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Can't you find sloping windows for ts2? Both 3 and 4 have it. Then you can adjust the roof slope to the windows.

I would love that function in TS2, but no unfortunately it doesn't work with TS2. And the building don't have "in game roofing", just flooring as illusion of a roof.
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 8:17 PM
Call me Johnny, it saves time
Sloping windows for TS2 aren't like the one you get for TS3 with Lucky Palms (Which has a fairly restricted use aswell, wouldn't work on a home like this).
They're either 45 degree angled to fit under a normal roof, or slanted out/in-ward. At least that's what a google search revealed :/

#7 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Call me Johnny, it saves time
Sloping windows for TS2 aren't like the one you get for TS3 with Lucky Palms (Which has a fairly restricted use aswell, wouldn't work on a home like this).
They're either 45 degree angled to fit under a normal roof, or slanted out/in-ward. At least that's what a google search revealed :/

I was thinking of using them on the side, not on the roof itself. Perhaps slanted is the wrong word, maybe more like alpine windows to be used with uneven side of windows, so you can put them beside each other like this TSR mutske window
Alchemist
#8 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM
If there are windows like that with an angle like in @emmyjulia 's build it'd work :P

#9 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:06 PM
Well that would be lovely! But unfortunately they don't seem to exist (or a big lack of them).
I downloaded the conversion of the Lucky Palm windows but didn't look that good.

I will just try different things!
Alchemist
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 4th Sep 2018 at 7:02 AM.
@emmyjulia
Have you found a solution yet?

#11 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 6:15 PM
@Johnny_Bravo
Afraid not. Had to build another type of roofing for the time being.
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:10 PM
What a shame. Sometimes the Sims' limitations are rather annoying.

#13 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 2:51 AM
A year or two ago I downloaded a set of clerestory windows from somewhere, which their creator mistakenly calls clearstory windows. They are not a complete solution to what the OP is trying to do, but they're something. They are meant to be used with a slanted roof, although they will not cover the entirety of the slanted sidewall of the house. Best to just install them in the game and see, instead of me trying to explain things.
I just tried to find the website where I got these, to no avail, so I'll attach them to this message. In case that's not allowed, mods can feel free to remove it.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Clearstory Windows from Lucky Palms.7z (107.2 KB, 71 downloads) - View custom content
Theorist
#14 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:43 PM
There is a tutorial here, which utilizes a custom fence object that appears to allow these kinds of slanted windows to be created. While the link in the OP is dead, someone provided a new link to a website where the fence might be found, in the last message in the thread.
You have to register at the website to be able to enter. This in fact looks so good, I might register there myself just to get that fence.

Edit: After looking at that tutorial again and thinking about this a bit, I see two potential problems.
Firstly, that custom fence might not let sunshine through and, secondly and even more importantly, fences are not weather proof.
Still, it might be a useful tool for some applications.