Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3701 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
Just moved the Gavigans into a home. The welcome wagon consisted of Samantha Cordial, Carlos Contender and Gabriel Green. Which Samantha has fallen in love with both Carlos and Gabriel!! Great job ACR!!! lol

The same thing happens to me all the time! I always send either Carlos or Samantha home.

Sorry if I've gone off-topic!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3702 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:30 PM
Vidcund has been abducted by aliens 4 times and has yet to get pregnant!!!! Bella married Lazlo and they are expecting a baby soon.

@Peace

Maybe you have a Mod that is interfering and that is why Vidcund is not getting pregnant? I forget the name, but I am sure that there is a mod that makes it so that females and not males get pregnant for example. Me I have NoAlienSexism by Cyjon, it makes so that both male and female sims get pregnant by Alien Abduction.

Every time I have an Adult Sim get Abducted that sim has come back Pregnant.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#3703 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:27 AM
So I pretty much have a mega/Uberhood

But the dreamer household round 4+5 was quite interesting ;w;
First Bottom Summerdream fell in love - with Hal Capp - I know it’s pretty much set up but they shared two bolts so why not
And then Puck Summerdream fell in love with Rick Contrary
And then Titian’s married Darren and became Titiana Dreamer.
And they are expecting a child or something to

I build small houses *^*
Forum Resident
#3704 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:37 AM
Tank proposed to Klara Vonderstein. She accepted under one condition: she wants to graduate first. She's 6 months pregnant, and she's going to keep the baby with her until then, and then they'll join Tank on the base. Tank is all in a flurry buying things for his little house on base. He visits Klara regularly at Metaguee, and can't wait to have his little family together. He's like his dad: he immediately - if boneheadedly - did the right thing as soon as he realized she was pregnant. These two have never looked at another sim, and I think it's only fair they be allowed to tie the knot.

Dormies turned playables Perla Huerta and Kylen Bryan are the same. Kylen is a knowledge sim and literally half his wants are to do with the trendy, pink-haired Perla: flirt with Perla, talk to Perla, slow dance with Perla... it goes on and on. My rule is that sims in Uni don't go steady - as in, I never make them ask > go steady. Especially not in their first year. I feel like they fall in love and flirt with so many potential mates, I don't like to limit that by having them formalize their relationships. That said, every now and then a couple like Kylen and Perla, Tank and Klara, or Blossom and William turns up where they just can't stay away from each other, won't flirt with anyone else, and insist on getting into bed every time there's one near by. I feel like I must bow to the inevitable then when I see sims like Johnny Smith who have double bolts/crushes/love for literally SEVEN other female sims. There's more than enough wild oats going around. Kylen is gonna make it official with Perla next time he sees her (she's at the house all the time. The other boys all roll wants to be her friend since they know those two are probably going to get married one day.)

Blossom is pregnant. In spite of the intervention of birth control, William moved in with her, Diana and Ophelia after taking a semester off in the student bin to 'find himself'. (Re: I had no idea where to put him that he could live safely, and was trying to avoid this exact situation.) Ah well. Those two constantly roll wants to marry each other and now they are almost certain to do so after graduation.

Hayley Sparks, dormie-turned-playable, has given birth to a baby boy named Jayden. I love that he's called "Jayden Sparks". He's gonna be a star that one. Right now though he's a month old and living with his mum in an off-campus apartment while she tries to finish school and earn her degree, and at least befriend his daddy Frankie Harrison, who's currently living in an apartment across the road with Hayley's former best friend. Valeria is pregnant too - but not for Frankie, though they don't know that. Right now, Frankie thinks he's going to be a father of two, and he's nervous as hell, which is what I'm putting down as his excuse for making out with Valeria's Simslist roommate Amber. Definitely nerves. For sure. Bound to be. Frankie the unstoppable playboy frequently rolls wants to talk to Hayley, quite possibly because he'd like to see his son. He visits, and it always goes poorly because he -and now Hayley- believe that Valeria is going to give birth to Frankie's other child.

Valeria is actually pregnant for Guy Wrightly who really WILL be a father of two. He's also gotten freshmen Adele Horne pregnant. He's the only male sim on campus to be expecting more than one child. He doesn't know about either one though. He met Valeria at a frat party and ACR, the beer keg, and hormones intervened. She then wound up in the photobooth with Frankie who was just her best friend at the time. Thus, when she had pre-term cramping and found out she was pregnant, she had no idea who the father was. She had only seen Guy once since their first meeting, and she adored Frankie. Thus, she figured it was probably Frankie's and went on ahead.

On a happier note, Alan Karley - despite being in love with Adele - fell in love with Johnny's old crush Jasmine Rai. They make a nice couple, and I was beginning to worry that poor Alan would NEVER find a girlfriend. They're only single bolts, but hey. They're sophomores, they've got two more years to find their triple bolt fantasy sim.
Mad Poster
#3705 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:42 AM
I am so frustrated with the Gavigan family. They've been in the prison hood for a couple of rotations now. No electrical source bought despite having a bunch of money from the brothel they opened. No hunting grounds established. They do have a couple of farm animals, but they're a big family. Oh, yeah, they have one berry bush. I swear. This was spring rotation. It rained every day, all day and all night. Did anyone think about maybe throwing a few sticks together to make a shelter? Of course not. One bush and no shelter. They deserve to die.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3706 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:39 AM
What determines that in your game? Do they have to spin up certain wants before they can have a house etc.?
Mad Poster
#3707 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:49 AM
In Tinsel Town, Wayne Swanson (the much aggrieved ex-husband of Kristen Swanson) has remarried-the nanny.

Asherah Roscoe is about 40 years younger than he is, and he's about 4 days away from retirement. He hopes she doesn't want children, because while he thinks he wants a child, in his heart he knows he doesn't. Very conflicted about this, and he hopes she doesn't change her mind.

So far, she hasn't. All she wants to do is go on a vacation and have fun.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3708 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
What determines that in your game? Do they have to spin up certain wants before they can have a house etc.?

It's an OCD thing. When they first move to an empty lot, they are lawn dwellers (in the prison districts). I go to the catalog and count out twelve things for them. The number I use to count is determined by what number I used the time before. The items they get may or may not be useful. Then I fulfill wants throughout the day. Not all of them, just if it's time to fulfill a want (really OCD).

At midnight, I replace the twelve items. Things that are particularly useful are kept. But now they have twelve new things.

The Council provides them with a battery-operated fridge and sleeping bags for every two people. The fridge is not refilled. By the time it is empty they need to have developed a food source.

Anyway, when my counting runs through the catalog which can take awhile, since I have to start at the last object and move through comfort, surface, deco....., I finally get to build. At that point where ever the count takes me, I start to build.

You're so sweet to ask. But aren't you sorry you did? :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3709 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 6:02 PM
That doesn't sound like it's the Gavigans' fault at all! Good thing they're only pixels.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#3710 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 9:52 PM
I decided to play with modified versions of Phaenoh's apocalypse challenge ruleset mainly because the increased challenge mods I use made it impossible to top any one career before elderhood (I failed many, many times). I created two hoods with different rulesets and stories, though they're actually connected storywise.

Set-up:

Mileva Curious had the perfect life - although she never knew her mother's identity (actually infamous mafia boss Bianca Montague) her father, Vidcund, raised her as best as he could on his own, and she grew up into a brilliant doctor who surprised people by being completely nice, a stark contrast to her acerbic father. She was engaged to her high school sweetheart, an aspiring chef who was equally excited for them to start their new life together.

Josh Ruggbyrne came from a different world. Grandson to the late local troublemakers Lilith Ruggbyrne and Dustin Broke, he grew up in a haunted hostel in the seedier side of the city with a strange doll that never left his side. Nevertheless, his father refused to follow in his parents' wayward footsteps and lived a law-abiding life as a repo-man with his firefighting wife, with whom he raised their two children well despite their financial troubles.

Annie Leonhardt, on the other hand, was bred for a single purpose - to destroy the world of sims. Seriously though - she was created as a super soldier by the government and never knew of another life, but she had always believed that there was more to existence than being the military's secret pet mercenary. She just wasn't sure what - strict surveillance kept her from uncovering much else.

And then tragedy struck - the military's super soldier experiments resulted in the accidental birth of an almost perfect tool, one that would never tire, feel pain, nor question orders. It was too late when they realized that their test subject was a formidable monster with a taste for human flesh and all life was nearly wiped out of existence as said "zombies" took over. A settlement somehow managed to emerge, however, and that's where the challenge began.

Mileva was only saved as she was visiting Vidcund during what was supposed to be her few peaceful days off from work. She found a voice message from her fiancé, who told her of the government's attempts to keep the zombie outbreaks a secret but died in an attack himself before he could tell her anything else. The Curious duo tried to escape to an abandoned septic tank Vidcund believed was safe from the zombies, but Vidcund fell to said zombies on the way, leaving Mileva to make her way to the facility herself.

Josh was in the thick of it, living in the city as a post courier. It was utter chaos as he tried to find his parents and older sister in the panic, and his best friend, Janice, suggested that they try to actually survive - you can't search for people if you're dead yourself, she argued, and he found it difficult to refuse her, as was the norm in their relationship. Although they tried to stay together, they were separated by an outbreak as well, and Josh wandered alone until he found a small shack to hole up in.

Annie managed to survive the initial outbreak at the military research facility due to her enhanced biology and combat expertise. As much as the humans feared the monsters, however, Annie wasn't sure if they were any better themselves. She was the only survivor of the incident, leaving her free to escape to an abandoned house that she renovated to withstand the harsh weather caused during an attack at the meteorological research facility.

Due to her experience in the medical field, Mileva was a natural choice for a staff member of the makeshift first aid center. Well aware that there was no longer anyone alive who knew of her true identity, Annie joined the ranks of the military mostly to find out the truth behind their experiments and herself at the same time. His lack of qualifications for the first two careers caused Josh to be assigned to the food kitchen, which suited him just fine, thank you very much.

It's actually been two and a half sim weeks since the apocalypse challenge started. Due to all of the increased challenge mods, progress has been slow, which I don't mind at the moment since I prefer long-term hoods.

Curious
Mileva was completely work-oriented until she met Siegfried, a former musician who was assigned to help out at the first aid center. They became closer as she worked her way up to general practitioner, and though he wanted to get married to her, Mileva was hesitant for the longest time, still grieving her fiancé's death and wanting to focus on her career. They eventually worked things out and married.

Unfortunately tragedy struck yet again as a fire broke out when one of the septic tank machines malfunctioned. Mileva tried to extinguish the fire herself, but Siegfried joined her and, realizing that it was too strong for them alone, told her to run to safety while he bought her time. Mileva refused to at first yet Siegfried insisted, telling her that she was vital to simkind's survival, and Mileva reluctantly agreed. It was only shortly after Siegfried's death that Mileva realized that she was pregnant with his child and she later gave birth to Sieghild, who had her father's hair and eye color, much to Mileva's delight - at least there was still a part of him with her.

Ugh, now I'm not sure what to do with them - the original rules would have Mileva either quit her job for childcare or give the child up for adoption, but Mileva has two friends with whom she has a 100/100 relationship that I'm tempted to ask to babysit while she's at work. Darn it, Siegfried! Mileva apparently inherited Vidcund's horrible luck with relationships.

Leonhardt
Annie entered the military forces and met her love interest Rike, one of the main architects in the settlement, but was forced to move to culinary after a disagreement with higher-ups about an attack strategy. She was enraged about it though at least it actually gave her more time to hang out with Rike, so it wasn't such a terrible loss. She spent some of her free time fortifying the house as well. Eventually, another higher-up vouched for Annie's knowledge about efficient zombie disposal and she thankfully got her job back. She and Rike were the first married couple of the neighborhood, yet they only managed to conceive by the end of the last rotation and they're the household shortest on funds.

Ruggbyrne
Josh is somehow the furthest into his career, Culinary level 7, mainly due to his sheer luck with chance cards. He was the first founder to have children (and twins at that) with Jo, a townie who was in charge of the rations inventory and lost her job when she was discovered woohooing breaking the rules about strangers in the warehouse. It's a bit lonely in the apocalypse, you know? Josh, feeling bad for her, offered her a place to stay with him and while she dreaded the idea of living in a literal shack, she couldn't live with the other survivors either, who began to doubt her trustworthiness. She had a horrible pregnancy and was often stuck in the hunger-energy desperation loop; she and the twins were lucky to have survived it.

Despite the rocky start to their relationship, Jo opted to take the majority of the childcare onto herself, which nearly literally killed her. It seemed that she and Josh are gluttons for punishment, however, because they snuck away while I left the game alone for a few minutes and she's pregnant with twins AGAIN. @Zarathustra, it was hard enough keeping two adults alive in your shack, but now I have to worry about two toddlers and two babies as well. At this rate, Mileva seriously needs to top Medical to stop the Ruggbyrnes from overtaking the settlement!

Pepé Le Pew most likely kept visiting because the lot was in an almost permanent state of green smoke pollution either from their stinkiness or trash. Now that I think about it, maybe the stink fumes clouded Josh's judgement about fitting into his son's crib. Anyway, the Ruggbyrnes also had the honor of being the first and only household to be looted - not that there was much to take anyway.

Post-notes:

Some of you might be familiar with a few of the key characters. As mentioned, Josh was the boy who had a toy stuck in his mouth for his entire toddler life; for some reason, it later decided to just float beside him even into his adulthood like a creepy imaginary friend. His best friend Janice, a founder in the second apocalypse hood, was one of the "ghosts" of Down on Your Luck Hostel, the girl trapped in the foundation. Basically, I decided to incorporate the corruption that included a sim falling in love with a pizza slice and turned it into an apocalypse story. Mileva was actually also mangled by corruption in my first "uberhood" - the toddler who wanted to woohoo 20 sims.

From a haunted hostel and corrupted towns to a worldwide zombie apocalypse - will any of the founders come out alive? Will they even want to at this point?
Mad Poster
#3711 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That doesn't sound like it's the Gavigans' fault at all! Good thing they're only pixels.

It's totally their fault (for reasons I can' t really think of)!

Scholar
#3712 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 11:58 PM
I got bored so I went to Bluewater village and had a look around. I was looking for a com lot to rebuild and started to work on the 1-2-3+ gym (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/1-2-3%2B_Gym). It's funny how EA get away crating a "gym" whit only three pieces of exercise machines, a pool plus that BBQ spots they add to every darn lot. And they should know that no sim will do any exercise as long as there is a hot tub around...

Anyway, I hope to get some pics up by next week. I did notice that it was created as a OFB lot but I will change that (and mostly everything else).
Scholar
#3713 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 2:02 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 4th Nov 2018 at 9:28 PM.
Right now, Lazlo Curious is trying to get Crystal Vu to move in but she's so stubborn! Rejected a Make Out, Leap in Arms, Hold Hands etc but accepted First Kiss and Caress! This woman is playing hard to get. He doesn't even like her! I need her to move in to keep the story "alive". I really dislike Crystal but oh well.

Edit: I ended up using Simblender to move her in because she just wouldn't do it. Not long after moving in and finally getting a crush on Lazlo, she flirts with Antonio Monty, Vidcund's friend. Lets' just say, she can't stay in the house much longer - all 3 Curious brothers despise her (as do I). She might change her ways when or if she marries Antonio. If not, perhaps I'll have my first ever "not Elder related death" in my hood!
Top Secret Researcher
#3714 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
I got bored so I went to Bluewater village and had a look around. I was looking for a com lot to rebuild and started to work on the 1-2-3+ gym (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/1-2-3%2B_Gym). It's funny how EA get away crating a "gym" whit only three pieces of exercise machines, a pool plus that BBQ spots they add to every darn lot. And they should know that no sim will do any exercise as long as there is a hot tub around...

Anyway, I hope to get some pics up by next week. I did notice that it was created as a OFB lot but I will change that (and mostly everything else).

I added a second floor and an Elevator and spiral stairs to the small building that does not have the pool. I placed some treadmills and a couple of other exercise machines on each floor plus I added a couple of the exercise wheel things on the 2nd floor. I have found that Sim Customers use the treadmills a lot and sometimes they use the other exercise machines as well, they do use the hot tub as well but only moderately. I also added a Coffee Bar and a pay Buffet from simlogical. I did not make any changes to the building with the pool.

Bella owns this business and it does quite well. Most of time the treadmills are all in use.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Forum Resident
#3715 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:19 PM
I decided to mess about and start a new hood: Maclandon (because it's on... my macbook...)

This time, I want to build a university FIRST, and then use all those spawned sims to build up the hood with skilled workers. Or something like that. It feels weird to add a university when I haven't got anything in the main hood, but in an odd way I feel like it kind of makes sense - towns often boom because of universities drawing a whole bunch of people and businesses to an area. The University of Scarborough is the regions first, and the adjacent town of Maclandon is totally empty, a frontier for the first graduates to colonize.

I've been building dorms first, but there's quite a few buildings that will need to be put up before students start arriving. The Music Hall, Science building and laboratory, the health center - cough - to provide adequate medical and... pre/post natal care... and office of the registrar where each student will go on their first day to sort out the financing part of their education. There's also a few more off campus things like affordable housing, bars, restaurants, shopping, and things like that. It's the first university I'm building, and I think I'm drawing on stylistic inspiration from my own University experiences, so there's a hybrid of UK and US going on that I like a lot. Scarborogh isn't really and urban region, but it's not a totally suburban one either... it's... maybe it's a manufacturing center. I dunno, it uses a lot of brick in light and dark shades, and tall-ish buildings. It's got a very UK high-street vibe to me, which is both comfortable and comforting.
Field Researcher
#3716 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@Peace

Maybe you have a Mod that is interfering and that is why Vidcund is not getting pregnant? I forget the name, but I am sure that there is a mod that makes it so that females and not males get pregnant for example. Me I have NoAlienSexism by Cyjon, it makes so that both male and female sims get pregnant by Alien Abduction.

Every time I have an Adult Sim get Abducted that sim has come back Pregnant.

The only alien pregnancy mod that i have is ... Smonaff_AlienPregnancyForFemales.
Im gonna remove it see what happens! Thanks!!

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#3717 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
I decided to mess about and start a new hood: Maclandon (because it's on... my macbook...)

This time, I want to build a university FIRST, and then use all those spawned sims to build up the hood with skilled workers. Or something like that. It feels weird to add a university when I haven't got anything in the main hood, but in an odd way I feel like it kind of makes sense - towns often boom because of universities drawing a whole bunch of people and businesses to an area. The University of Scarborough is the regions first, and the adjacent town of Maclandon is totally empty, a frontier for the first graduates to colonize.

I've been building dorms first, but there's quite a few buildings that will need to be put up before students start arriving. The Music Hall, Science building and laboratory, the health center - cough - to provide adequate medical and... pre/post natal care... and office of the registrar where each student will go on their first day to sort out the financing part of their education. There's also a few more off campus things like affordable housing, bars, restaurants, shopping, and things like that. It's the first university I'm building, and I think I'm drawing on stylistic inspiration from my own University experiences, so there's a hybrid of UK and US going on that I like a lot. Scarborogh isn't really and urban region, but it's not a totally suburban one either... it's... maybe it's a manufacturing center. I dunno, it uses a lot of brick in light and dark shades, and tall-ish buildings. It's got a very UK high-street vibe to me, which is both comfortable and comforting.

Sounds good. I got this idea from another member of MTS, but I forget who it was other than it is a regular. Anyway the idea is you make the Office of the Registrar be a Dorm, and put Monique's Computer there so that the Sim can withdraw money or take out a loan, and that there would be the clothing tool from MATY so that they could get new clothes and what ever else you wanted there. Then of course you would move the Sim out to live elsewhere.

Top Secret Researcher
#3718 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:03 AM
The only alien pregnancy mod that i have is ... Smonaff_AlienPregnancyForFemales.
Im gonna remove it see what happens! Thanks!!

@Peace

If you want both Genders to become pregant by Alien Abduction then I recommend that you use Cyjon's NoAlienSexism Mod. Using Cyjon's Mod I get both genders pregnant by Alien Abduction and it works with Abductions - Higher Odds.package by Twojeffs and BoilingOil's Multi-PT Mod with out any problems. Note my load order is that I have Cyjon's load then Twojeffs Mod and BO's Mod loading last. I don't know if the Load order matters in case, I just thought I would share the detail.

Field Researcher
#3719 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:26 AM
@Peace

If you want both Genders to become pregant by Alien Abduction then I recommend that you use Cyjon's NoAlienSexism Mod. Using Cyjon's Mod I get both genders pregnant by Alien Abduction and it works with Abductions - Higher Odds.package by Twojeffs and BoilingOil's Multi-PT Mod with out any problems. Note my load order is that I have Cyjon's load then Twojeffs Mod and BO's Mod loading last. I don't know if the Load order matters in case, I just thought I would share the detail.

Thanks!!! i just downloaded it and now im off to give it a try! I also cleared out a lot of mods that i have no clue what they were for. They have been in there for a while! lol

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#3720 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 9:18 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 6th Nov 2018 at 10:05 AM.
Default News from (Greater) Veronaville
I used to be quite good at reporting events in our Veronaville in this thread, but over the last few years I've grown quite lazy. My method (if you can call it that) is to take in-gamer pictures with the "C" camera, add captions to them with the game's Storytelling feature, and then I can use those captions as the basis of a post here. I still take the in-game pictures, but recently, far too often, I shut the game down at the end of the play session, without adding any captions. And then, the next time I start the game, I play a different lot, with captions for the last session still not added. Now it can take me years to complete a rotation in Veronaville (I'm about to play a family last played in May 2015!), so, if I continue to do nothing about it, the result will be that I'll be looking at pictures for the last session and wondering what on earth was going on. So in the last few weeks, I have been revisiting recently played households and adding captions. But I don't think I can really post the reports of what I did 12 months ago in a thread entitles "What's happening in your game right now?" I might start a thread in the "Hoods you play" group and post the recent stories of at least the most important families there. Especially if any old readers ask what's been happening since I last recorded events here. I wish I had the self-discipline that other more-regular posters (like freefalldreams and Peni Griffin) have.

------------------ooooooooooooooooooo------------------

As it's a long time since I last reported on events here, I'd better set the scene first. Miriam Hunter (Romance) lives at 22 Toboggan Way, Bluewater, with her two children, Candy and Hermes. Bluewater is now an outer suburb of Veronaville. As most of you will know, there are a lot of shops there, many of them independently owned. Miriam has a lodger, Nicholas Watson (also Romance) who has now become her lover. Since moving to Bluewater, Miriam has discovered that Hunter Park was once the park of a big house belonging to an ancestor, who unfortunately lost his money, his estate, and finally his house on the gaming tables in downtown Veronaville. Miriam would love to re-establish her family's former position in the area. Miriam really over-extended herself buying this house, which has a swimming pool, and she is actually quite short of cash. With two children attending the local primary school, it's hard for her to take an ordinary job, so she's decided to try to start her own hairdressing business. She has borrowed §1,000 from Julian Moltke (Andrew's boyfriend) towards the price of a hairdressing chair. Nicholas works in the slacker career, but would like to change to something in the catering line.

It's Saturday morning, so the children are at home. Julian's younger sister and brother, Brigitte and Hans Moltke are staying with Candy and Hermes on a sleepover. . .

----------------------------------

All the children woke up promptly at 6 a.m. The boys (Hermes and Hans) went out to play in the swimming pool. The girls (Candy and Brigitte) played with the dolls' house. Feeling a bit hungry, Candy made herself a muffin in the play oven. Unfortunately she burnt it.

When she finally got up (about 8 a.m.) Miriam made up cereal for everyone. After breakfast the children continued to play together, but mostly the boys and the girls played separately.

Despite the §1,000 loan from Julian, Miriam still didn't have quite enough money to buy a hairdressing chair. Miriam knows she has a good body, she decided to try to earn the difference by doing private "exotic" dances for clients at the Gaia LGB nightclub. 3 dances earned her enough to buy the chair. It left her with a very meagre §106 in cash funds though.

Candy and Hermes asked Brigitte and Hans to sleep over for another night. Nicholas went to work (nightshift at the petrol station), and, worn out by her dancing, Miriam fell asleep on the sofa. Brigitte decided it was her turn to sleep in the Princess Bed. Her 13th birthday is coming up fairly soon, so she wanted to sleep in it before she grows too big!

At 3 a.m. Nicholas came home with a promotion to convenience store cashier, bringing some much needed money.

The boys didn't want to go to sleep. Even after Hans eventually went to bed -- in Miriam's double bed -- Hermes still wanted to stay up. Miriam sat on the bathroom floor and read him an appropriate bedtime story. (Appropriate for the bathroom that is -- it was a story about a toilet!) After his mum had gone to bed, Hermes ate a muffin he had baked himself, and then slept on the sofa until morning.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#3721 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:27 PM
Ellen Frost does not know how she ended up with three kids and no husband to show for it. She was always a very ambitious woman, but she ended up being expelled from college because she couldn't keep up after having baby Eliza. She knows Beau was engaged to another woman and had twins with her, but he also has three kids with her and she made sure to remind him of that. After that, he came over more to help take care of the kids and spend some time together. More recently, Beau and Ellen agreed to enter into a marriage of convenience. Their two households were combined and everything became a lot easier for both of them.

At the LeTourneau's, Jordan, with a little bit of help from her live-in cousin James, managed to teach her triplets all their toddler skills and they all grew up happily into children. Darrell decided to wear the exact same outfit his brother wore in toddlerhood which was a little funny to me. He also had some demands regarding stuff to be bought. He got his easel and started working on his creativity. The other two, Chase and Ripley, wanted to make friends nand interact with their mom. Jordan invited over her old lover, Jimmy Phoenix. They ended up in bed and risky woohoo hit. She got pregnant. Jordan doesn't want more kids, so she decided to terminate the pregnancy. During the date with Jimmy, Jordan rolled a want to marry him. Jimmy did not reciprocate the feeling, so no engagement ensued.
Mad Poster
#3722 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 4:48 PM
Oh, I love Ellen. She deserves better than that. I hope things get better for her.

Scholar
#3723 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 5:24 PM
Currently in my Veronaville Subhood in my Uber/Megahood:

Consort finally got to the top of his career and now enjoys his retirement. Tybalt graduated with honors and found a beautiful woman who he wishes to marry. For a twist in the Veronaville storyline (for my own benefit, lol), it looks like Juliette and Hermia Capp are planning to destroy their family tradition of being a matrilineal family. Both are in College right now. Kent Capp has shown no interest in Bianca Monty, instead, he is falling heavily for Nervous Subject as he just rolled the want to get Engaged to him. Regan approves of Nervous, which is nice. She is currently pregnant with Cornwall's baby as they both had a want for it. Cornwall and Kent despise each other, nothing new there. Goneril Capp actually had her 5th child with Albany Capp which they decided on naming him Polonius. Miranda had a fling with David Ottomas when she was a teen. She's currently a YA in College and wants him to join her. Perhaps she may change her Aspiration in the future? Hal grew up into a teenager with the Popularity aspiration. Ariel is a child and looks a lot like Desdemona - she literally copied her sisters look! Desdemona doesn't look like she will grow up to be like her big sister Miranda but she still looks up to her as her big sister.

That's as far as I've gotten right now. Currently finishing Regan Capp's household then on to the Summerdream household!
Forum Resident
#3724 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 8:53 PM
Sounds good. I got this idea from another member of MTS, but I forget who it was other than it is a regular. Anyway the idea is you make the Office of the Registrar be a Dorm, and put Monique's Computer there so that the Sim can withdraw money or take out a loan, and that there would be the clothing tool from MATY so that they could get new clothes and what ever else you wanted there. Then of course you would move the Sim out to live elsewhere.

Oooh, interesting idea Lordtyger! I'm realllllly enjoying the process of building a uni from scratch. There's so much that I wanted to add when I was playing Strangetown/La Fiesta Tech, so now I can do it myself and make it feel / look the way I want.

Building is slow as I haven't got much time during the week, but I've finished three dorms and need to build three more - one more for freshmen since I make them live on campus their first year, and then two for senior students who can't or won't find a place off-campus. After that the real work starts with the campus buildings, the auditorium, the labs and school of dance, the bars and restaurants and the shops! Then I'll drag the maxis teen townies in and start educating that lot, perhaps en mass, perhaps not. Not sure yet how I want to do it!
Theorist
#3725 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 10:20 PM

It looks like @maxon
Page 149 of 349