Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#201 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 3:35 PM
Oh, great...it's raining again! Wait a minute...this is the sims isn't it? Lolz, we had a lot of rain here lately so it could had been. But the landscape is nicer in Oasis Springs. And the thunderstorms in the game is really awesome!

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 5th Apr 2020 at 3:49 PM
Default Georgian Home
Sooo I decided to make a Sims 4 version of this house that I uploaded for Sims2 back in 2006....:

Took a while and I have not started furnishing indoor yet. Not entirely done with the landscaping either. But kind of liked how it turned out

Scholar
#203 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 5:54 PM
I have not been so mush into building in TS4 yet but I have done some re-decorating. Here is one of my projects, The Blue Velvet Nightclub* in Willow Creek. (I wanted to have armchairs in the front room but the game wanted lots of dining chairs... ).

*Name from The Sims Wiki (sims.fandom.com)
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 12:25 AM Last edited by carlfatal : 9th Dec 2020 at 12:36 AM.
Okay, I´ll show some pictures too, and I think, they are my first Sims 4 pictures here in the forum.

This is a small suburban in Del Sol Valley with a basement under a foundation, and it has to ponds, one in the front, that is made with the fountain tool, and the other is a pool, that I changed into something more natural but sims can still swim in it. It also contains the new kois from the Snowy Escape pack. The house has two bathrooms, and three bedrooms. It´s contains curtains made by julsfels from Sims4Fun, cause I love them, and they have much more swatches and variations than any other curtain in Sims 4.

Happy simming!
Field Researcher
#205 Old 7th Feb 2021 at 1:10 PM
My latest build in Newcrest. A suburban home with a yard, 3 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms. No cc.

Field Researcher
#206 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 3:00 PM
Built these 2 houses yesterday.

This is the captain's cabin in Brindleton Bay:

And this is a small family home on a 20x15 lot in Newcrest:

Lab Assistant
#207 Old 7th Mar 2021 at 1:11 AM
I mostly play in Strangerville, and sadly this town has only a few lots for the not so rich and famous. So I decided to delete everything in Oasis Springs and rebuild the neighborhood as an extension for Strangerville. The first finished lot is a starter micro home for 16802 simoleons. It´s not the cheapest one but I wanted a few details, and it has all the benefit from being a micro home. Also it comes with a laptop, a radio, a chess table, and a few planters for whatever one wants to grow there.
I used the new country kitchen set, the only one of the three sets, I couldn´t resist. But I think, that this kitchen does fit into this setting.

It has a pond, yes a pond in the desert, and there are goldfish in it:

Field Researcher
#208 Old 4th Apr 2021 at 3:10 PM

Installed Get Together expansion pack yesterday and started to build some houses in central Windenburg. So much fun to play!

Lab Assistant
#209 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 2:51 AM Last edited by carlfatal : 10th Apr 2021 at 1:10 PM.
@LogLady, you won´t tell me, that you just now bought Get Together, do you? That is just one of the best packs the game has to offer.
If so, then i wish you a lot of fun with it and the included possibity to found clubs. This feature is simply great.

And although I´m no fan of Windenburg, I think, your houses look really cute.

I am still working on my new extension for StrangerVille. Here only a few pictures of four lots from Parched Prospect, StrangerVille NV. Did you know, that Joshua trees are asparagus? I´m curious, how they may taste...

Here an overview:

Happy simming!
Scholar
#210 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 6:44 PM
Today I decided to make an experiment... Those of you who saw my last post in the thread "Neighborhood Landscape Pictures (v1)" know that I posted a pic of some deco houses and asked if someone have tried to rebuild them in game. Today I tried to recreate of of them (neighborhood pics under spoiler). I also learned some things on the way. (Please note that the pics is from buildmode).

Front.

"Front door" side.

Back side and the exit to garden.

Field Researcher
#211 Old 11th Apr 2021 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carlfatal
@LogLady, you won´t tell me, that you just now bought Get Together, do you? That is just one of the best packs the game has to offer.
If so, then i wish you a lot of fun with it and the included possibity to found clubs. This feature is simply great.

And although I´m no fan of Windenburg, I think, your houses look really cute.

I know! It's such a great and understated expansion pack!! So glad I finally got it!

Thank you! Your houses looks amazing! Love the little neighborhood!
Scholar
#212 Old 9th May 2021 at 5:49 PM
I had a family living in a small house. It works quite well with 3 sims but it does becomes a little cramped from time to time. So I decided to use their patio as well. I did put up some walls and to make the area as full of light as possible I did use a roof made out of glass.

It's always nice to have some extra space.

A fireplace and the bar there the lady of the house build her mixology skills. The sun makes the roof create interesting patterns.
Field Researcher
#213 Old 14th May 2021 at 5:28 PM
Some houses I've recently built:

Test Subject
#214 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 4:50 PM Last edited by Brand : 6th Jul 2021 at 5:14 PM.
Default Neighborhood replacement
These are 5 unique modern homes I created to replace the Bedrock Strait neighborhood in Oasis Springs (my second complete replacement for this map). Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks and hundreds of downloads MTS rejected two of them over trees in two screenshots. I intentionally completed, tested, and released all 5 lots at the same time so they would be available as a set. Because this is no longer possible I have removed the other three to prevent partial distribution.

If you still wanted any of my houses you can find all 5 of this set and most of my other homes on the Sims exchange under sim-scifiguy.

Learned my lesson. Back to lurker mode.
Screenshots
Scholar
#215 Old 6th Jul 2021 at 5:13 PM
Sorry that your wonderful work did get rejected Brand. (I don't understand this forum anymore...).
Field Researcher
#216 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 1:30 PM

One of my latest builds in Newcrest is this house. Really liked how the floor plan came out in the open space living room/kitchen.

Field Researcher
#217 Old 16th Aug 2021 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Brand
Unfortunately, after a couple of weeks and hundreds of downloads MTS rejected two of them over trees in two screenshots.

Sorry, I might need this explained. I read the rules for uploads, and one was the importance of visibility. Did they mean that the trees were in the way? Couldn't you take a screen shot from another angle?
Field Researcher
#218 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 5:30 PM
Some of my latest builds in Brindleton Bay:

Field Researcher
#219 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 7:08 PM
Oh I really liked the curvy entrance path to the house in pic 6; and the curvy pool edge in 9.
Field Researcher
#220 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
Oh I really liked the curvy entrance path to the house in pic 6; and the curvy pool edge in 9.

Thanks!
Field Researcher
#221 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 12:19 PM
@LogLady I see how you did the pool, I recognize the debug object; but I'm curious how the path was made, round corners are a bit uncommon in TS4, if you'd liked to tell?
Field Researcher
#222 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andes
@LogLady I see how you did the pool, I recognize the debug object; but I'm curious how the path was made, round corners are a bit uncommon in TS4, if you'd liked to tell?

Yes, of course!

I'm using the rounded foundaton tool as seen here:

I'm adding green grass in the floor-tool (not hte ground-tool) and placing the foundation on it.

Then just choosing another fence and connecting it to the path

Field Researcher
#223 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 5:14 PM
Oh, I didn't think of that, thank you! The pictures are a great visual.
Field Researcher
#224 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 3:48 AM
I've got a bit of a thing for building mid-century houses and some that aren't quite mid-century (basically 1950s-1980s). In my day job, I get to see all kinds of houses and explore them so I get all kinds of ideas for new places to build in the game, and they get progressively more and more realistic. I unfortunately don't get to see a whole ton of these mid-century houses (the older they are, the less commonly I see), I mostly see places built from the late 1990s and onwards.

This next example of one I've been doing isn't based off any one house I've been to in particular, but rather a conglomerate of different ideas and features I've seen in many houses. It could easily fit into the 1960s or 1970s. It's also meant to have a split-level entrance (also known as bi-level house), but you can't have your door up too high or sims will complain about not being able to get in which limits the realism of this style, so I do what I can to increase the illusion of it. I also like to do what I refer to as "fake garages", which involves using columns as the frame, and windows plus certain wall coverings to give the wall the appearance of being a garage door. Not pictured, but something that I also like doing is putting in a mechanical room, using a roof HVAC unit to simulate a furnace. In this case, I also put the laundry room in the mechanical room which seems pretty common in houses this age.

I don't feel like posting a really long post with tons of embedded photos (and I only thought to take the one), but it's a pretty standard layout - living, kitchen, and dining to the right, bedrooms and bathrooms to the left.

Screenshots

There is nothing to see here. Move along.
Page 9 of 9