Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No (or fewer) automatic memories (with custom tool to make your own mod) Edited 01/16/2014

by velocitygrass Posted 19th Jun 2011 at 5:16 PM - Updated 19th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

622 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 370 Feedback Posts, 251 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 25
Inventor
Original Poster
#551 Old 11th Aug 2013 at 10:30 PM
@lumierededieu: Actually, I don't think the skill challenges have memories attached to them at all. Or at least not in a general way, so individual ones might have a related memory, but I've only added what is listed in the overview (e.g. catch every type of fish, which I think is also a skill challenge).
Test Subject
#552 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 12:25 PM
Let me calculate... 25 skills total for all Sims including expansion packs, there are three skill challenges in each skill except for fishing. 74 of all skill challenges... Ok, I think it still can fit in, because there are 300 memories to fit in maximum. 'Completed Skill achievement for [Skill]' this is the skill challenges I am talking about.
Test Subject
#553 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 1:30 PM
Hi Velocitygrass,
I tried everything you said and long term wish doesn't show in my game . But when I want to chose a wish with Nraas mastercontroller, it asks me if I want to change long term wish. And if I change it still empty.
Inventor
Original Poster
#554 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 6:02 PM
@lumierededieu: Ah, I found it. You're right. These are hard to achieve and only occur once. I've updated the package and added this memory.

@jackleminou: Your list of LTWs is empty? Or is the space after achieving the LTW empty? I think there's a bug with the game that sometimes the LTW is no longer displayed after it was reached. If you remove the mod, does it show up again?
Test Subject
#555 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 6:24 PM Last edited by jackleminou : 13th Aug 2013 at 11:37 AM.
If I remove the mod, I have to chose my LTW with mastercontroller and it'll show. My LTW is not achieving . Look at the screen capture . With or without your mod it does'nt show. I have this problem since the patch 1.55 and all my sims have this empty LTW.

Today I change to another house and taddaa my LTW is not empty. Problem solved !

for this mod =)
Screenshots
Inventor
Original Poster
#556 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 9:03 PM
@jackleminou: Yes, I think this a weird display bug that's actually quite old. But I'm glad your LTW is now displayed.
Test Subject
#557 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 5:18 AM
Stupid question time!! Does this work with macs? specifically the customizing tool?
Inventor
Original Poster
#558 Old 27th Oct 2013 at 8:28 PM
@tethmana: It's a tool for Windows. (There might be ways to get it to work on a Mac, but I can't help with that.) Sorry.
Test Subject
#559 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 1:33 AM
Hey, just wanted to let you know that this mod seems to be causing a bug: the new LTWs for ITF (there's three of them) don't show up if you've got this mod installed. Can't select them through the age-up system, or with a cheat, or anything. Remove the mod, and they exist properly. So... dunno what's causing the code for that, but thought you'd want to know.
Inventor
Original Poster
#560 Old 30th Oct 2013 at 5:58 PM
@Asaia127: Did you update the package with the new one for patch 1.63? If you're using the tool to create your own package, you'll need to recreate it for the new patch.
Test Subject
#561 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Asaia127: Did you update the package with the new one for patch 1.63? If you're using the tool to create your own package, you'll need to recreate it for the new patch.

Yep, I updated it with the new one, and cleared my cache files, but it still bugged the new LTWs. It might be an interaction with another mod, although to the best of my knowledge none of my other mods affect those particular files, which makes me think its this mod itself that's causing it somehow...
Inventor
Original Poster
#562 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 5:41 PM
@Asaia127: Which of the two files are you using? Is the file date from October 19th 2013? I've been using the no automatic memories version in my latest save in which my two sims each had one of the new wishes.
Test Subject
#563 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 7:21 PM
Hi, I've been experiencing the game freezing with the latest 1.63 update such that I had to kill it off in the task manager. I managed to narrow it down to a sim discovering their first potion using the chemistry table and could repeat it consistently. I've just been running with the default setup you provide so no custom files to update on my part. I have removed the mod for now so the game runs fine albeit with memory spam.
Test Subject
#564 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 7:47 PM
@Asaia127: Which of the two files are you using? Is the file date from October 19th 2013? I've been using the no automatic memories version in my latest save in which my two sims each had one of the new wishes.

I'm using the fourth file on the download page. None of the files show the date as being October 19th 2013, since the new MTS just does that symbol to show the file's been updated, it doesn't give you the actually update date.

velocitygrass_only_important_memories.zip | Description: Package to only have important memories be automatically created. For patch 1.63. 193.9 KB 17,173 2nd Mar 2012
Inventor
Original Poster
#565 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 7:39 PM
@Asaia127: I meant the date of the package in the zip. I actually just downloaded the file you mentioned and and tested in in my game and had no problems creating a new character with one of the ITF wishes. So I'm not sure what's up with that. Did you try deleting the scriptCache?

@eevilcat: But you did update the default package, I assume? I tried discovering a potion with the only important memories package and had no issues. If you want to avoid all memories, you could try turning them off in the options.
Test Subject
#566 Old 6th Nov 2013 at 8:54 PM
@eevilcat: But you did update the default package, I assume? I tried discovering a potion with the only important memories package and had no issues. If you want to avoid all memories, you could try turning them off in the options.

I jumped through the usual hoops after installing Into the Future and patch update. This was a fresh game with just your and a couple of NRAAS mods that had also been updated for 1.63 as I didn't want to risk an existing saved game given EA's skill at introducing new and interesting bugs. Once the freeze had happened I treated it as per instructions elsewhere here; deleting cache files, load, save, quit, delete cache files, load again. I'd encountered the same problem in the past when I'd forgotten to update your default memories package so that was the first thing I tried removing after establishing that I could recreate the freeze at will by directing a sim to discover their first potion. I'll reintroduce the memory package and have another play around and see what happens. I'd rather have some memories than no memories so your memory package is on my somewhat limited 'must have' mod list.
Test Subject
#567 Old 21st Nov 2013 at 2:07 PM
I installed the mod yesterday, but unchecked memories are still appearing, just without pictures - an empty box with title 'Went to the Park'... I would've searched the comments in case this has already come up and been solved, of course, but there's no search option. I'm sure it's something I've done wrong so any help is appreciated.
Field Researcher
#568 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 1:49 PM Last edited by Minaki : 24th Nov 2013 at 2:05 PM.
If I disable the "Learned All Recipes" memory, will I still get the notification about it when it happens?
Also, is there any way to make repeatable memories (such as visiting community lots) only be recorded the first time they happen?

(note: on the Pregnancy options, the "Read a pregnancy book" memory appears twice)
Inventor
Original Poster
#569 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 2:28 PM
@SilveryRow: I can't reproduce the behavior. In the only important memory package (which has visited the park disabled) I don't get a memory for going to the park. Are you certain this isn't an old memory that was created before you installed the mod? Can you double-check that you disabled the correct memory?

@Minaki: Since the "Learned All Recipes" is not just a memory but also a cooking challenge, you might still get a notification (for completing the challenge), though I'm not 100% sure if you get notified for these or if there is only a little music cue. I'm not sure why the read a pregnancy book is in there twice (I don't create the list, it's from the game file). Possibly one is for reading it yourself and one for having your partner read it.
Test Subject
#570 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 12:29 AM
@VelocityGrass: I actually redid the set of memories I wanted, to be sure, but it may well be something I missed the first time; I'll keep an eye out!
One other question, I'm not getting any memories of when a Sim's loved one dies..? There's an option under 'Paranormal and Disasters' that I have checked, but what about natural deaths? Thanks for the help.
Test Subject
#571 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 3:19 PM
[QUOTE=velocitygrass]@Asaia127: I meant the date of the package in the zip. I actually just downloaded the file you mentioned and and tested in in my game and had no problems creating a new character with one of the ITF wishes. So I'm not sure what's up with that. Did you try deleting the scriptCache?

Just gonna say you can do this with out the mod using a cheat and then with options :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#572 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 7:44 PM
@SilveryRow: Quickly scanning the list the one under Paranormal and Disasters seems to be the only one and I think it's for all deaths not just supernatural/violent ones. There's also the mourning one in the same category. Unfortunately, I can't say for sure if this should be enough to trigger a memory. Have you tried testing a natural death with memories turned on?
Test Subject
#573 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 4:27 AM
Quick Question Plz
Quick question does this help prevent error code 12?
Inventor
Original Poster
#574 Old 6th Jan 2014 at 9:54 PM
@ladyduke21: It might help, though turning off memories in the options would be a simpler way to achieve the memory bloat.
THANKS POST
#575 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 2:34 PM
thank you!!
Page 23 of 25