Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 7:03 PM
Default help!
this tutorial is great!

i have one question. after creating and importing my bedding, the colonial ironwood bed shows the option for a frame recolor as well as a bedding recolor. the frame "recolor" is not any different from the default maxis color of the bed, but in the thumbnail it shows my custom bedding on the bed. i have re-packaged my bedding again, deleting the original package, but the fake recolor is still there. how can i change this?

i have attached a photo to try and clear up any confusion.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#102 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 8:39 PM
sanspaper,

First, let's verify it's your recolor doing it - move your recolor from your downloads folder and double check that it doesn't show up like that in game.

I am thinking that when you're recoloring, that you are leaving the frame part checked. When you recolor, once you say 'recolor' and give it a filename, SimPE should show you some textures, you might need to use the scroll bar. You need to have the bedding checked and the frame -NOT- checked.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#103 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:44 AM
thanks so much for your help. i am really glad that it is possible to get the attention of people who know what they're doing in this community.

i remade the .package and made sure that the box for the bed's frame was not checked, and replaced the original file with the new one in my downloads folder. the fake recolor is still there! upon taking my custom sheets out entirely, i found that it is also still there. i really think it is my sheets making the fake recolor appear, because the bed has my sheets on it in the thumbnail.

when i made them, i saved them to a "working" folder and then copied only the package into my downloads folder, so i don't see how any recolors for the frame could even be there after i removed the .package. having it there is not a big deal for me, but i was hoping to share these and i don't want to annoy other people with it!
Test Subject
#104 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 4:19 PM
oh yeah now I CAN! mwahahahaahahhahahah! thankss
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 12:02 AM
Wonderful tutorial!! Thank you!! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#106 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 4:07 PM
thank u very much to share a good tutorial with us, thanks again!
Test Subject
#107 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 5:49 AM
Thanks for sharing this, I have seen a lot of bad recolors due to people just pasting a huge pattern over the whole thing *yikes* This clarifies a lot and now I can make my own bedding! Thanks again =^^=

~*Gwenieviere*~
Test Subject
#108 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 7:36 PM
I have a minor issue with my bed design although drawn with your template it goes all weird when you zoom out or when their is a sim in it.
this is an external link
Movie which shows the effect.
My Bed design

If you can help that would be Great!!
Test Subject
#109 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 4:00 AM
Wonderful tutorial! (:
Just wondering, *coughcough* Anyway I could download the Hannah the Usul and the Shoyru bed? ;D -loves Neopets- Just kidding! (unless they are for download somwhere o_o)

"If only time flew like a dove,"
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 11th Apr 2009 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Defiling Tears
This is my first post, as well as my umpth time trying to figure out the bed recolloring... ^^... though i have a little problem. For one reason or another i can't work out the seam in the middle with the single bed spread... i included a screenshot of "what" happend ^^"

i also tried different patterns and designs... but same problem occured T_T
please help?

The same thing always happens to me but I have another problem too! Whenever I make something in object workshop it always fades to the old thing when you zoom out! HELP!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekul81
I have a minor issue with my bed design although drawn with your template it goes all weird when you zoom out or when their is a sim in it.
this is an external link
My Bed design

The same EXCACT thing happens to me! HELP!!!!!

"It's not the mesh ... It's not the texture ...It's not me ... I am pretty sure it's you."
Mez Isa Nintendork! Yayz Meez!
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:19 PM
Thanks to YOU I'll be able to make recolors to my little project! THANK YOU.

Forever young...
Test Subject
#113 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 7:38 AM Last edited by skunkbeard9 : 27th Jul 2009 at 1:01 AM.
I just made my first bedding last night and it looks good. I had problems at first because i made the mistake of making two seperat designs, one for the single, one for the double . I added a screenshot that is below.
Screenshots

YoHo! YoHo! A Pirate's Life For Me!
Test Subject
#114 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:58 AM
I Have a question, how do we save it? as a JPG, or PNG?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Test Subject
#116 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 5:29 AM
i created a bedset in photoshop and saved it as a png, now where exactly do i upload or put the ong to make the actual bedding i can use in the game? ive gone over these intsructions over n over but i still dont quite understand how to do it? =(
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#117 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 6:26 AM
Test Subject
#118 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:34 AM
Alrighty, i think i did it right, ive commited it already so what comes next? what do i save it as??
Instructor
#119 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 1:24 PM
If you're at the step where you commit, you should have already designated the file name of your package in the popup window after you hit the recolor and next buttons. After you hit commit, you ControlS to save.
Test Subject
#120 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 7:52 AM
Schaapje82, thank you ever so much! I've always kind of stretched it a bit to make it fit into the red part. It would look weird, but not too horrible. But now it lines up perfectly!
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ekul81
this is an external link
My Bed design

Check whether all the options down the side are the same: [see below]

then right click and click update all sizes: [see below]

Hope this helped

My mini website: Skimmer55
Test Subject
#122 Old 17th May 2013 at 2:55 AM Last edited by simtastic72 : 17th May 2013 at 3:50 AM.
I can't understand that no matter what I do, my single bed bedding always has a seam right down the middle of it. I am using a plain satin-look texture with no pattern ,,just a solid color. I used the templates(newer ones) to do it with and still get the seam. How do I fix this? I do realize theres not been any replies to this thread in a long time, so i hope someone answers.

Edit: here is a screenshot.

Lab Assistant
#123 Old 23rd Nov 2023 at 3:01 AM
This is so helpful! Thank you!
Page 5 of 5