Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 6:18 AM
Default How do i make vacation lots
Hi hope someone can help hope i dont sound too stupid

Im loving BV but have a slight problem, i went to build a caravan(trailer) park for a vacation lot oin twiki island, i first tried it as residential but noticed that the blue public phone isnt there its the normal post box and trash can, so i went for community lot, for some reason when my sim family booked the vacation they couldnt choose to go to the caravan park, when my sims got there they booked into a hotel and visited the caravan park but there is no guy behind the check in desk, what am i doing wrong?
Sorry for long explanation hope someone can help thanks alot.
Advertisement
#2 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 6:35 AM
In the booklet it says to make a hotel, you make it a community lot then put "changelotzoning hotel" in the cheat box. So make sure no one is on the lot, go in under buy build mode, enter the cheat (without quotes), save and exit, and it should be seen as a hotel next time.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
In the booklet it says to make a hotel, you make it a community lot then put "changelotzoning hotel" in the cheat box. So make sure no one is on the lot, go in under buy build mode, enter the cheat (without quotes), save and exit, and it should be seen as a hotel next time.

That works...was able to create a hotel on Twikkii myself that way. However, you know how when you hover over the vacation lots it gives you a number of $$$ to show you the price range for staying on that lot....that information is missing with hotel lots you create yourself. (When I completed my hotel, that was one of the things I wanted to see.... was how many $s the game would rate it.) Oh well, other than that little thing, my lot works just like the ones that came with the game. Hope that helps a little too!
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 7:24 PM
Ehm, just a question. I made a holiday lot myself (a beach lot) but my sims get a 'went to the mountains' memory?? How to solve this?