Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 31st Dec 2011 at 1:04 AM
Thanks a bunch This will DEFFINITELY help with my new-found modding desires thanks so much!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 7:52 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 27th Feb 2012 at 4:56 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3792062, 3792728
Here's one for you.... I used the Wizard to recolor the Keister Kompanion barstool from the base game. I created 5 cushion RC's and 7 frame RC's. My 5 cushion RC's are showing up just fine, but the frame RC's don't show up now, yet they DID show up during testing. Also, there is a 6th cushion RC showing up that shouldn't be there.

Any ideas?

Also, I was extremely careful to export only the frame portion of the barstool file when I did my RC's. I even re-dl'd the packages from the site I submitted them to thinking that my originals got bugged up somehow, but even the fresh download shows the same errors (extra cushion and no frame options).

I actually figured out the problem myself - somehow CEP and Nvidia DDS Utilities both got messed up on my system. I re-installed them and everything is working fine now. Oh yeah, that extra cushion RC I have is from a ead425's Canterbury Bath collection that I dl'd a while back and almost completely forgot about (I actually didn't know that the barstool was part of the set) :D
Field Researcher
#103 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 11:44 PM Last edited by kristie91 : 27th Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: added more info
Sorry to bump an old thread but I figured it would be okay. I opened SimPE wizard but for some reason it doesn't show that many objects. Whats wrong?

I have all expansion but pets installed and I have the stuff packs celebration stuff and mansion and garden stuff.. Oh and I have the sims 2 deluxe as well.
Test Subject
#104 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 10:35 AM
Wheres The tutorial folder?
Test Subject
#105 Old 3rd Jan 2014 at 9:03 PM
Hey, cool. My counters don't look like early 2000's condo vomit anymore! Thanks
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 4:35 PM
Ok, can someone help? I tried to recolour, but it said "The object you have selected cannot be recoloured (yet)" What does that even mean? And how can I recolour???
Site Helper
#107 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 5:02 PM
Have you got the CEP installed? Most shipped objects cannot be recolored without that mod. Whether custom objects can be recolored depends upon the creator.
Test Subject
#108 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:52 AM
Default Just seeing if I did it right! :)
I wanted to check and see if I used the tool correctly so I figured I would attempt to upload it and yall could let me know if it looks right to you Please let me know, thank you!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  CustomPackagePinkRainbowBedding.zip (250.5 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Description: pretty colorful bed...but it's mostly pink
Test Subject
#109 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 10:56 AM
Default having same issue
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Have you got the CEP installed? Most shipped objects cannot be recolored without that mod. Whether custom objects can be recolored depends upon the creator.

I know I have CEP installed and I wanted to recolor the potty chair and it also said that it could not be recolored (yet). I guess I'll find something else for now, lol, but it would be good to know how to get around that sort of thing.
Test Subject
#110 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Ah, I figured it out. When it doesn't let you do it "yet", just press back, click on it again, then press back again, click on it AGAIN, and there you go, it works! Now for my next question...I made some awesome things that I want to upload and share, but I found the pics I used to edit things by googling online...so, do I have to figure out the artist and give credit or is credit only for the person who does the editing??? Like, since I just recolored a Maxis object would the credit go to me, even though I didn't draw the picture I used? If someone were to share the edit I made, would they give credit to me? I just want to make sure I don't break any rules and I have a couple REALLY awesome edits that I am just dying to share :D
Test Subject
#111 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 10:48 PM
I recently updated to Win 7, just discovered that you need to run Wizards as Administrator in order to get all of the Maxis stuff to show up...
Page 5 of 5