Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#851 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:28 PM
Are you aware that this mod will not work after Novembers update? Maybe this link can help you.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949019
Advertisement
Instructor
#852 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 19th Oct 2018 at 1:23 PM.
Yes. The in-game sliders (height, neck , hand , bulge) will stop working because of the script file. The CAS version on the other hand should still work after November's update.
The script file will need to be updated for the in-game sliders to continue working after the patch.

Edit: The neck , hand , bulge sliders can be retrieved here - http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...155#post5289155 along with the slider script.
Field Researcher
#853 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 10:54 PM
This will break soon, won't it. Drat. It's the one mod I can't play without. I don't like Luumia's version since the sims are not proportionate (head too big/too small) and you're restricted to 3 heights. I really hope this gets updated. I wouldn't mind donating a bit of money for that.
Test Subject
#854 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
This will break soon, won't it. Drat. It's the one mod I can't play without. I don't like Luumia's version since the sims are not proportionate (head too big/too small) and you're restricted to 3 heights. I really hope this gets updated. I wouldn't mind donating a bit of money for that.

Agreed wholeheartedly! I love this mod and can't imagine playing without it anymore, so I really hope someone will update it. I'd also have no problem donating some money to anyone willing to take that upon themselves.
Instructor
#855 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 13th Nov 2018 at 6:31 PM.
Scholar
#856 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 6:10 AM
Same here and if it is not updated then I will not update the game... ever.
Lab Assistant
#857 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
Same here and if it is not updated then I will not update the game... ever.

That will be the end of SIMS4 for you since EA won't allow you to play it unless it is updated.
Scholar
#858 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:54 PM
Oh no. All you have to do is go offline. I have done it for months, and some games I have never gotten around to updating. It would only be an issue if I had to reinstall, and then I would use the backup game files.
Lab Assistant
#859 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 10:23 PM
Someone can update this to new patch Get Fame?
Lab Assistant
#860 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 1:18 AM
please update I love this mod so so much!
Test Subject
#861 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 2:25 AM
Hopefully this mod is updated I cant play without it.
Scholar
#862 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by guedespoa
Someone can update this to new patch Get Fame?

I set up the environment using this excellent guide:
http://sims4studio.com/thread/15145...ripting-updated

You need:
https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-370/
https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/d...section=windows

I succeded to compile the example and it automatically put the mod in the Mods folder.

Discussions here:
https://discordapp.com/channels/285...751611612430353

I feel it will take a long time for me to learn Python fast enough though but with that framework set up it helps someone else to get started.
Scholar
#863 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 9:50 AM
Have anyone tested that it is really not working?
Skumbumbo says in that Discord discussion that if the mod has both .py and .pyc files the .py have highest priority and the game will compile .py to .pyc when you start the game.

Quote:
BasementalIdag 09:18
@icemunmun They have both .py and .pyo, as a lot of modders tend to do, but the .py file will be read with 3.7. If you put in .py and .pyc the .py files will get priority and be read instead of the .pyc as far as I could understand from stalking the chat between @Scumbumbö 🐹 and the Sim Gurus
Field Researcher
#864 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 10:06 AM
Sims who were previously altered are showing up as the correct heights but the command cheat no longer seems to work, so that appears to be broken. Not sure about the feet slider version because I prefer not to use that one.

I tried to recompile the script using PyCharm (just in case the script was valid, but needed to be compiled in 3.7 to work) but the cheat still doesn't work, so I'm assuming there are some changes in the base code that need to be accounted for. I'm a complete novice to Python so I haven't determined yet what those changes are.
Scholar
#865 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
Sims who were previously altered are showing up as the correct heights but the command cheat no longer seems to work, so that appears to be broken. Not sure about the feet slider version because I prefer not to use that one.

I tried to recompile the script using PyCharm (just in case the script was valid, but needed to be compiled in 3.7 to work) but the cheat still doesn't work, so I'm assuming there are some changes in the base code that need to be accounted for. I'm a complete novice to Python so I haven't determined yet what those changes are.

What sources do you use? Where did you get the .py files?
The orignal files is not working you know.
Field Researcher
#866 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 11:22 AM
Prior to yesterday's update, I was playing using the original .package files and Ash77's script. These seemed to work fine in game for me, so I used Python 3.5 to decompile Ash's script to get .py files to look at and attempt to compile in 3.7.

I could try to use the original source .py files that simmythesim gave out, but my understanding is that these caused problems with carrying toddlers. Ash's version did not cause those problems in my game so I used those as the base to work with. Of course it's possible that decompiling is causing some of the code to be changed or lost and the .py files I used to work with are bad, but it was the best I could think of for a first try.
Scholar
#867 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 12:10 PM
Prior to yesterday's update, I was playing using the original .package files and Ash77's script. These seemed to work fine in game for me, so I used Python 3.5 to decompile Ash's script to get .py files to look at and attempt to compile in 3.7.

I could try to use the original source .py files that simmythesim gave out, but my understanding is that these caused problems with carrying toddlers. Ash's version did not cause those problems in my game so I used those as the base to work with. Of course it's possible that decompiling is causing some of the code to be changed or lost and the .py files I used to work with are bad, but it was the best I could think of for a first try.

Try this one if any difference:
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_Morphar_1727455_MorpharsAlotofslidersforTheSims4Mixture.zip (16.0 KB, 228 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#868 Old 14th Nov 2018 at 4:42 PM Last edited by Manderz0630 : 14th Nov 2018 at 7:34 PM.
I could try to use the original source .py files that simmythesim gave out, but my understanding is that these caused problems with carrying toddlers. Ash's version did not cause those problems in my game.

The simmythesim's script wasn't causing problem with toddlers it was the sliders.Which been updated throughout the thread. The script from Ash was a updated version because the original script from Simmythesim's stopped working.

@Morpher - The script provide in your download is out of date also.

For those who are experienced or know a little Python coding or maybe might want to take a swing at it.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=620210
https://fogity.wordpress.com/tools/python-decompiler/

I tried following the steps provided by Andrew post at Sims 4 studio and the post from Scumbumbo's thread. And the fact that I have no experience in Python coding I got no where.

Edit - I discovered if you remove the script file your sims will keep their height , hand , neck and bulge adjustments. Their height , hand , neck and bulge will be back to default if the slider package(s) files are removed.
Scholar
#869 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:01 AM Last edited by Morphar : 15th Nov 2018 at 7:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
The simmythesim's script wasn't causing problem with toddlers it was the sliders.Which been updated throughout the thread. The script from Ash was a updated version because the original script from Simmythesim's stopped working.

@Morpher - The script provide in your download is out of date also.

For those who are experienced or know a little Python coding or maybe might want to take a swing at it.
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=620210
https://fogity.wordpress.com/tools/python-decompiler/

I tried following the steps provided by Andrew post at Sims 4 studio and the post from Scumbumbo's thread. And the fact that I have no experience in Python coding I got no where.

Edit - I discovered if you remove the script file your sims will keep their height , hand , neck and bulge adjustments. Their height , hand , neck and bulge will be back to default if the slider package(s) files are removed.

The update by Ash was also done by ArtURLwww and he deliverad also the updated source .py files. It is better to use a working .py file than to rely on a decompiler. I have it somewhere.

If you remove the whole mod the sims will keep their heights for a while. They are stored in localthumbcashe file. Removeing that file will set them back to default immediately.
Instructor
#870 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 4:33 PM
My sims kept their height even when deleting the localthumbcashe file. I delete the cashe files before loading the game. Can you send the link to the updated script?
Lab Assistant
#871 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Try this one if any difference:

is that one updated to fit the recent patch?
Scholar
#872 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 3:30 PM Last edited by Morphar : 16th Nov 2018 at 4:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPixelPalace
is that one updated to fit the recent patch?

Of cource not. I posted it 24th Oct 2017 at 10:05.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...155#post5289155

The problem here is that we don't have the correct source code. Source code is the readable text file that need to be compiled with the new Python compiler..

The history.
Simmythesim let us have the source code he wrote. That is the .py files.
After some patches of the game the mod didn't work. Modder Ash77 corrected the error but didn't let us have his corrected .py source code.
We only have the compiled code that is only understand by computers.

So now we need to do "backward enginering". That is to have a decompiler translate the computer code back to readable text.
Then that text file must be compiled by the new version of Python.

That decompiling - compiling is hard for a computer program to do so a human brain that can read and understand the decompiled text is needed and there are none.

Attached is the files I used before Nov 13. I changed the extension ts4script to .zip and in that zip you have three .pyo files. I don't know if they can be decompiled or it must be .pyc.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Slider Scripts - kopia.zip (7.1 KB, 125 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
#873 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 4:29 PM Last edited by tedw : 16th Nov 2018 at 4:48 PM.
I believe I have the height slider mostly working for the new patch. I have to investigate what caused the bent knees problem and see if I can implement that fix. Also, I've seen people discuss a difference in head proportion here in the thread and I'll have to investigate that as well. Apparently the head size issue is just a matter of using WaterPearl's slider package instead of the original.

I haven't included gradual aging yet, though, because I never used that. I'll have to see if that's complicated to add back in or not.

ETA: Right now my intention is to see how much of the mod can be easily updated for the patch, then ask permission to include others' code or files to make one up-to-date package for people to use. Maybe even post that as its own standalone mod or thread or on a tumblr or something. Right now it's a bit frustrating for users to have to jump through this thread looking for bits and pieces that work from various original posts.
Scholar
#874 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 5:00 PM
I believe I have the height slider mostly working for the new patch. I have to investigate what caused the bent knees problem and see if I can implement that fix. Also, I've seen people discuss a difference in head proportion here in the thread and I'll have to investigate that as well. Apparently the head size issue is just a matter of using WaterPearl's slider package instead of the original.

I haven't included gradual aging yet, though, because I never used that. I'll have to see if that's complicated to add back in or not.

ETA: Right now my intention is to see how much of the mod can be easily updated for the patch, then ask permission to include others' code or files to make one up-to-date package for people to use. Maybe even post that as its own standalone mod or thread or on a tumblr or something. Right now it's a bit frustrating for users to have to jump through this thread looking for bits and pieces that work from various original posts.

I use the sliders by WaterPerl so no need to invent that again.
A bigger problem is that if you set heights in the cheats console sims will not keep it when they age up.
The key to that may be in the gradual hight script. Simmythesim said that he had it working once but lost it.

Good intentions. Was it complicated to do what you have done so far? Did you change much or just decompile - compile?
Scholar
#875 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
At Tedw and Mophar. I really appreciate the work that you are doing on this. I really don't care about the gradual aging part, just being able to adjust the heights is enough for me. I am more than willing to pay you for these efforts, Paypal, patrone, etc. I'll donate $60.00 to the cause, and everyone can benefit.
Page 35 of 44