Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#651 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 8:15 PM
I started another populated hood, Mountain View Valley, whose Sims are even more "unique" than Widespot! I'm thinking I should add Widespot as a sub-hood. But I still play Widespot too. Penny (who had son Hartless by Rhett Heart) was about to celebrate becoming old, the guests were on their way, when she decided to invite Rhett over (ACR, you know what was on her mind). This was also the teen party for Hartless, where he got his first kiss - with Tina Traveller, your basic nose-smushing cheek kiss. They only have a relationship of 15, but 3 bolts. THEN I saw the kissy/hearts with him and Ginger Newson - HER 1st kiss. He's not even attracted to her and barely knows her, guess he was just being nice. Boy once those teens get started!

When Penny kissed Valentine (deliberately to provoke his wife, Mary Land-Heart, Mary of course slapped Valentine.

But then Penny kissed Junior Mann and Mary slapped HIM! Mary, tsk tsk, what HAVE you been doing?

Before I could stop her, Penny attacked Mary

Yes, a wonderful party...I'm surprised there were not arrests.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#652 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:47 AM
So, I have a question, someone had a maiden name for Sandy that was punny, somewhere, does anyone remember what it was?

In my current megahood, I've been playing short Widespot rotations to get them to Sunday like everyone else (other premades who started on various days have also had short rotations) and, of course, the way that goes, Candy gave birth to a son, named Hayden. Hayden has Lana's eyes, so Rich got to breath a huge sigh of relief. Junior has shared custody and wants to be the law someday, while Lana wanted to get in the gang, and found that Rich had an available position . . . and if there's one thing all three adult Manns agree on it is that Junior is not marrying That Girl. This has been a good thing for Junior, who spent his Saturday studying parenting in between bouts of applying what he'd learned. Lana got aspiration points for playing with Hayden, and even Rich willingly held him. Rich had the minions over daily. Personal loyalty is important in his business.
Due to a Chris Hatch hack, Hamilton knows they haven't done That and this baby isn't his. Sandy's planning to move to SimCity, shared custody of Ginny and Rocky. They are going to be civil if they can, but Daytona can see how bad this is for her political aspirations (just wait, a divorce is nothing on what Mary Sue Pleasant has going on in her family). Ginny and Rocky have very mixed feelings.
Compared to that, the Harts were pretty mellow and really ambitious. Valentine dated Catherine Viejo and Chastity Gere, Rhett wants to join the military (!) as a want panel want. He and Goldie who has that as her LTW scoped out Strangetown, and all Rhett's motivations came clear. Rhett has an alien turn-on. Strangetown is where the aliens are. The military base is always recruiting. Rhett's no dummy. He met Chloe Curious and signed his enlistment papers. Penny and the kid'll be in Strangetown, so he can tell his dad he's doing it for the kid. In the mean time, he and Candy both worked their way up to waiting tables in culinary. Candy wanted a job--she figured Junior wasn't going to propose, with shared custody she gets much less child support--and she wants to move to the city. Goldie wanted to be best friends with Lilith Pleasant, and got it.
The Lands--Mary didn't feel well, and after getting the kids off to school took a nap. Scot brought home a townie and they became friends over chess. Dixie really wants to go to college and study architecture. She's been told her whole life that she's too weak to do anything and everyone plans on her staying at home, never working. Mary wandered out, visibly pregnant, sat down next to Dixie, who was staring and not knowing what to say, and said "Go to college. If you have to drop out, you can move in with me." Homer came home and asked Mary if he needed to arrest someone. Mary assured him that if he had, he'd have already known about it. Beulah came home and promptly brought up how Mary shouldn't have done That until she was properly married (little hypocritical, Beulah! did you think neither Mary nor Dixie could figure out that if Mary was three months premature, eight pounds and just fine, and Dixie was three months premature, three and a half pounds, and wasn't just fine, that maybe one of those 'premature' babies was not really premature?), right in front of Delta, River, Scot and his friend, and Dixie. Mary knows if she stays in Widespot without a husband she will be forever That Girl. She will be if she leaves, too, but she won't have to hear it. Except on holidays.

(Haven't played the Weisses yet, but they will be moving to Strangetown. Mary Sue and Daytona both supported that law.)

Sim City, such a great place to escape the sims of one's past. But then, isn't that often why sims move to the city? I'm wondering what Daytona will do when she realizes the result of the highway has been an exodus of Widespot's younger generation? Well, I'm sure there will be other sims looking to move there soon enough, though the Mann gang may not be quite the quality of residents she was looking for!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#653 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:20 AM
Sunbee: Sandy Shore

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#654 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Sunbee: Sandy Shore

Or, in my game, Sandy Shores. Not sure why I changed it, but I totally nicked the original idea! :-D
Scholar
#655 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Or, in my game, Sandy Shores. Not sure why I changed it, but I totally nicked the original idea! :-D

Because there's two, really I originally said Shores, while Peni said Shore.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#656 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Because there's two, really I originally said Shores, while Peni said Shore.

Aha! Now it makes sense! :-D
Field Researcher
#657 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 8:54 PM
I favor Sandy Rhodes, myself.
Field Researcher
#658 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 7:09 PM
Gosh I could have used that name a couple of sim days ago. She still uses her married name - I'm too used to it now; I've renamed her lot the "Sandy" lot.
Field Researcher
#659 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:27 PM
Skye Weiss has passed on, to join his wife Dora in the everafter. He leaves behind his children Penny and Woody, his three biological grandchildren (Thyme Weiss, Dexter Rose, Zachary Rose) and three step-grandchildren (China, Alba and Gallica Rose). He is still with us in a sense, in the form of Metallica, the servo his son Woody built and Skye initiated.

His passing was accompanied by the howling grief of the family's five dogs.

Field Researcher
#660 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 8:06 PM
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#661 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:10 PM
I restarted Widespot. This time, I added Mountainside Valley, Meadow Creek and Bayside Flats as subhoods to Widespot. I haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#662 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 2:32 AM
Woody is very happy: he got his first kiss with Goldie. And they fell in love.
Skye racked up the promotions, Penny got a job in education but didn't get promoted yet. Skye's been offered a job at La Fiesta Tech (department chair, apparently--he's a scholar or whatever and I read the flavor text this time). So they're set to obey the Alien Repatriation Act without much drama, but Woody will miss Goldie for a few years. At least a couple days a week, because Val's not going to let his one remaining kid at home spend all her time hanging out in Strangetown with her big brother and her unofficial boyfriend. Penny did tell Skye that if he didn't want to leave Widespot she could take care of Woody, but he was vehemently against that idea.

Field Researcher
#663 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:17 AM
Junior and Mary have two sons, who are now both in the same age group. It makes it very apparent how different they look, and how they've pretty much inherited completely opposite facial features from their parents.

Mad Poster
#664 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I restarted Widespot. This time, I added Mountainside Valley, Meadow Creek and Bayside Flats as subhoods to Widespot. I haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to.

I would love to see what you've done with them! I've been playing Bayside Flats, with Widespot as subhood, and I've started a story (in the story thread here). The game is so ahead of the story, I have to stop and sort through the pictures. I've played Widespot 3 times before; so fun!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#665 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:53 AM Last edited by fruitsymphony : 25th Jul 2015 at 1:57 PM.
So, Broody and Wenda... I mean, Woody and Brenda, went on vacation... I mean, staycation, in their new tent. They had a great time.They then returned to their ordinary life.
Test Subject
#666 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 11:59 AM
I play alphabetical, and although my Widespot is a subhood of my Riverside, the residents, despite my best efforts, are none too keen to interact at all with any outsiders of Widespot.

Beech: Sandy Beech gave birth to Coral Beech, who is now a child mostly on her way to teenhood (as are the rest of the packed-as-bumps kids). Daytona Beech died (hourglass tugging, oh no), and Hamilton rose to the occasion and swiftly succeeded her in office as mayor. He never found out about his wife's affair...s. She went on to carry on a very lusty one with Rich Mann, too, but recently has seemed to fall in love with her husband all over again. More on that later... Virginia Beech and Woody Weiss got very hot and heavy (occasionally--Virginia is very busy, you know) in high school, but haven't really spoken since they both started college, seeing as Virginia left to attend Academie le Tour and Woody... well, more on that also later. Rocky became a teenager and had a great time, calling everybody in all neighbourhoods that he could squeeze a number out of constantly. His LTW, incidentally, is to become Head of SCIA... keeping tabs a little too well. He and his sister live in the same dorm.

Hart: the Harts are really not any of them good at taking care of themselves, let alone a child. However, Opie Hart (Hart and Mann child) managed to survive to childhood well enough, and has many friends. Goldie graduated high school, but still lives at home attending community college. She loves to study all sorts of things and better herself all the time. Candy Hart got hissing mad at Junior when he married Mary Land and went on a murderous spree of dating... or tried to. She tried to stay mad at Rich Mann, too, for a while, after finding him on a date with Sandy, but then decided that this was a perfect opportunity. More on that later. Rhett hasn't done much... he's been supporting the household (surprisingly) by getting a job, which has really cut into his romance time. He hasn't seen Sandy in ages, and only popped by Penny's on his daughter's birthday. Valentine is still around, hanging out with the grandchild, children, Mary...

Land: Mary had little Holly Land and got married to Junior in a lavish wedding, moving out pretty soon after starting. Dixie had a little thing with Woody on the side in high school (never knowing about him and Virginia), spent a year at home in community college, then transferred to Academie le Tour when she found that, after all, Widespot just wasn't wide enough for her dreams just yet. Scot started seeing Virginia Beech in high school (also unaware of her and Woody's apparently very quiet relationship) and fell totally head over heels for her. He stayed in Widespot for college, but their relationship continued and he successfully proposed engagement to Virginia. Now he's just patiently awaiting her return from college so they can get started on the large family he wants. Delta wants to experience 50 dream-dates, so she's been dating around... she had two great ones with Rocky Beech in high school, and they fell really, really in love. But then he went away to university, she stayed home in community college, and went out with Woody Weiss a few times. Hey, he wants 20 lovers, she wants some dates. It's a good trade. However... on one of their dates, Woody rolled a sticky wish to get engaged to her. Luckily, it passed again... for now. River went off to Academie le Tour, too, to continue his monk-like studies of all skills known to simkind. With only two kids left at home, tragedy struck: Homer passed away (hula-hula, hooray) and Beulah couldn't take it. She had a breakdown, and now desperately wishes to find love again to ease her pain. Another kind of ease may be coming soon, though...

Mann: Mary moved into a life of luxury she was perhaps never meant to know, but she never let it distract her from her family-making dreams. She and little Holly Land moved in, and soon Holly had some siblings (all rightful heirs to the Mann fortune, this time--there's no time to sneak around with Valentine anymore)--Donna Mann, Anita Mann, and Juan Mann, child, toddler, and infant, respectively. As this happy life seemed destined to go on without hitch, it was a huge blow when Lana's time ran out, and Candy Hart seized the opportunity to lay it on thick with Rich, resulting in their marriage. Mary's nightmare had come true: her rival had become her mother-in-law. However, her suspicions died down as Candy seemed nothing but a doting step-grandmother to Mary's children, spoiling them, even. However, as Mary was in labour pains with Juan, Candy took another opportunity to act indiscreetly with Junior, and as soon as Juan had been gently placed on the floor, a smack-fest ensued with Candy and Junior walking away with stinging faces, and Rich and Mary with tears stinging. However, Candy became an elder happily, and continues treat the children so well... too well, it would almost seem...

Weiss: Penny had a daughter, Vera, who is sweet and sunny, and smarter than Junior's face was a few nights ago. Woody has had about four lovers so far, and many dates. He saw Scot out with Virginia one night, and was scowling and following them for hours, but is still best pals with Scot and very much in love with Virginia. Skye died not long after Vera was born (hourglass-fight, boo) and enjoys scaring his granddaughter quite a bit. Penny has been rising through the ranks of the SCIA with great speed, and has had a little romantic drama... at one of Vera's birthdays, she had a quick "date" with Rhett again, and at another, she tried to have the same with Hamilton Beech! He was all ready to, it seemed like... and then at the last minute, he turned her down and told her they oughtn't even see each other as friends anymore. Penny was devastated, but buried herself in her work nonetheless. Vera is very popular with kids her age, and has several best friends already. She's already wondering why all her friends from Widespot show up at family reunions as well...

Coral Beech: http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1442660181
Opie Hart: http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1442660181
Holly Land: http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1442660179
Vera Weiss: http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums...pg?t=1442660181
Field Researcher
#667 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 2:02 PM
It's been a while, so, not-so-quick recap behind the spoiler cut.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#668 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 8:40 AM
I started a new Widespot, stand-alone for now. Just a couple highlights, because it's late here:
Daytona autonomously joined a just-popped Sandy at the chess table, they had a good chat, discussed all the issues, and left friends. Hamilton is still furious with Sandy, but Daytona apparently decided . . . something. I'm not sure I want to know! Apparently this Daytona doesn't think much of her son, but she's impressed by her daughter-in-law? Has anyone else had Daytona do this?
The Harts moped.
Junior Mann bought the General Store, hired Sadie Wilke to run the register, and they've got it up to level 4. He's more interested in that then everything else. Lana greeted Goldie when Goldie walked by, but then found that Goldie's drinking. A lot. And she did not approve. (Goldie takes juice. Lana interrupts with a joke. Goldie gets more juice. Lana interrupts with a chat.) The first topic Lana brought up to Goldie was sex-ed, so either Angel asked her to look after her baby girl, or Lana decided on her own that Candy was no fit adviser, and that she would take on the role.
It was obvious to Penny that neither Rhett, Junior, nor Valentine was going to be asking she or Mary to marry them (she'd rather Junior ask her, but that's another story), so she talked her brother and dad into letting her ask Mary to move in. Mary was working too hard at the Land house, in Penny's opinion, and the Weiss's are very undemanding. It's just like sleepovers when they were kids, except for the whole being pregnant thing. Mary's discovered that even Woody will clear dishes autonomously, and she's doing well if she gets to clean the toilet before Skye has it shined. Penny feels very clever for talking Mary into it, and Mary's doing less (because there's less to do) than ever before in her life, and has decided that she might as well skill logic, too, because there's nothing else to do!

Field Researcher
#669 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:27 PM
It's about time for me to make a decision. Do I reroll Tommy Ottomas at the end of sophomore year, or do I leave him as a romance sim? Normally all my sims go for their LTW, but Tommy is a gay boy in a small town, with a steady boyfriend, so that 20 lovers want just isn't likely to happen. So I could leave him as he is, just without going after the LTW; I could re-roll him and take the risk of ending up with something that suits him even worse; or I could just re-roll his LTW until I get a career one, which is something I usually wouldn't do. Decisions, decisions...

In other news, Mary and Junior had their third son, Miracle Mann. River gave birth to his alien child, Greene Land. He and Delta each married their significant others, so Homer is now permaplat. There are more pregnancies all over the place. Sharla doesn't know whose child she's carrying, Isaiah's or Rhett's. Rhett seems to have knocked up his fiancée Brenda, as well, so he may actually get to raise one of his kids. Two new Goodes on the way, River and his wife Jasmine are having one, Rich has gotten both downtownie Theresa and ex-cheerleader Stacy pregnant, and there may well be other pregnancies that I don't know about yet due to my silent lullaby mod.

The oldest Ottomas grandchild, David's daughter Frida, has turned teen and is a family/knowledge sim who wants to be a teacher. She would really like to meet some nice, cute boys, but barely knows any that she isn't related to. She does have a couple bolts for Dexter Rose, so maybe I'll encourage them to get to know each other and see if that leads anywhere.

But for now, I have some college to finish up.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#670 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Sunbee : 28th Nov 2015 at 4:34 AM.
For your viewing delight (or the pick the parent's feature game), Mr. Orlando Beech, held by his mother, Sandy. Rhett was discretely absent.

It's Ginny's last day at home, and she had the day off from work, so went down to buy a cell phone, then over to the swimming hole where she watched Gavin pick a fight with his foster mother, Beulah. Back home to play chess with Grandmother, watch Orlando's birthday, and she's thinking to ask permission to go out with Gavin.
Rocky got a job in the music store Ginny's been working at, got his first promotion, and is planning to go stargaze the night away. He really wants the extraterrestrial reparations grant, but if he can't get that tonight, a fifth logic point would be nice.

Edit: Rocky got his scholarship. Since I have Inteen, this means the next two kids (Hamilton and Sandy's, and Rocky and Poli-tech #35) born in Widespot will NOT be Harts.

I went on to the Harts. Goldie got all the way to a B. Valentine paid child support to Mary's twins, Rhett paid child support to Penny's twins, and all were profoundly grateful that Hamilton and Sandy are foregoing child support in favor of saving face, and that Candy has custody of Launa Lee. Speaking of whom, see that pretty blond down there that Goldie just helped with birthday? Is there anything Hart about her at all? The child is about three times as smart as her mother, as her first autonomous action was to proposition Grandma Lana for attention.
Rhett is mainly focused on his fortune secondary, though he did take the time to befriend Jessie. They don't have much in common so it took a while. He's up to management in his business career, which with the child support is about where he needs to be to keep any of it for himself.
Candy did not find an Artist job, and did 'stuff' around the house all day. Stuff like painting and watching tv. She also woohooed in the rain in the hottub with Junior during Launa Lee's birthday party, and neither got pregnant nor struck by lightening.
Goldie, in platinum mood, took a look around the house and hired a maid and an repairman before getting her breakfast and dashing off to school. Rhett's good on the work stuff, and he pays attention to Launa Lee, but clean up dishes and fix tvs and plumbing? No way! and Dad wouldn't notice to do it, and Candy doesn't do anything. After school, Goldie knocked out the homework, even though she's graduated, and after growing up Launa Lee (a reward for changing diapers) she taught her little niece to talk. So Launa Lee will have at least one memory forever of Goldie, since Goldie is off to college in the morning.
Valentine, like Candy, did 'stuff.' This included tanking up on espresso in the late afternoon, which was marginally smarter than hitting the bar. When his wants rerolled after Launa Lee's birthday, he added to his more lovers and woohoos requests a 'relative gets engaged' and 'talk to Mary'. Figuring this was a sign of something, I ticked the secondary aspiration box for family. Since it was past midnight and his energy was too full to sleep, off to the swimming hole.
He soaked in the hottub, met various sims, flirted with one townie (Allison), but she left immediately, got pick-pocketed, beat up the Charlatan to a cheering crowd and recovered more money than he'd lost (which, since he had a whole $32 simoleans to start with, was a very good thing). Mary walked by, he greeted her, started a conversation, she turned his topic choice down flat, turned her back, and walked off the lot. Feeling somewhat dejected, and very confused, and $150 simoleans richer for beating up the Charlatan, he went home to bed.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#671 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 10:22 PM
I was the last poster, but that was months ago, so double-posting anyway!

The Weiss house is all out of sorts. Skye Weiss passed, leaving behind a platinum tombstone. Penny's twins Booker and Jane, and Mary's twins Cleve and Ira, grew into children. Woody moved to college. Mary gave birth to triplets, all boys: Skye Junior, Andy, and Sam. Little Jane is the only girl in the house, besides the adults.

Mad Poster
#672 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 7:47 PM
Peni, do you by any chance have never-inhabited versions of the Widespot houses at all? I would like to "renovate" the Hart house into two separate dwellings, but that requires me to move it into the lot bin - and the last time I did that with a house that had been previously occupied it caused all sorts of problems....
Mad Poster
#673 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 8:28 PM
I have the original empty hood before I created people still on my backup drive. I did quite a few edits after they moved in but it'll give you a starting point anyway. I'll have to move it to my gaming computer to extract the house, so it won't be till later today at the earliest. I'm PM you when I get it uploaded to Mediafire.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#674 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 8:56 PM
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#675 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:31 PM Last edited by Sunbee : 30th Mar 2016 at 7:35 PM.
Widespot has the ongoing baby-boom, of course . . . let me see, where was I? Okay, moving back north along the loop . . . Manns, Junior worked on his business. Cyd could not take ALL his dogs for a walk at once, so none got to go. Julien Cooke threw a wedding party, he and Candy got married, Launa Lee grew up into an adorable little blond girl who promptly wanted a friend, and Julien obliged her, oh yes he did. He wants a baby. Candy does not. Sandy, that idiot, accepted a flirt from Valentine Hart in front of Hamilton. Candy popped, then had a miscarriage. Julien was properly sympathetic, but she felt filthy and pushed him off. So Launa Lee is still an only child. Oh, and she brought her puppy Bug along. So that's all right there, and once Candy'd showered and napped she was all over Julien again. In the mean time, Julien took his new step-daughter out to get her some properly tomboy clothes at the General Store, where Launa Lee ignored her bio-father (whom she does know) in favor of his chess board.

Next up was the start of college, where I moved everyone over from Brainiana to Land Grant. Dixie gave birth to a boy, Riley. (Mickey Dosser is the father.) Dixie rooms with Jessie Pilferson in a cute little three-bedroom, Jessie is pregnant with Riley's half-sibling. This seems to work really well, but it'll work better when and if they can ever afford a maid.

I got a little into the dorms, and Mickey is still working on that silver cosmetology badge, and Woody looks pretty sharp now as a result. (New college students mean new makeover chair victims!) I mean to rename the LGU to their proper names before I let Mickey start making them over. If I ever remember to. So he can still get David and Gavin made over, and Goldie might be about ready for a new look, if he can catch them on a walkby or invite household.

Somehow Ida Juana had managed to befriend Virginia, I think it was Ginny did it, so when Ida Juana wanted to throw a toga party I had her invite her other friends, then invite household on Ginny, who brought ALL her dorm and filled the sorority right up with prospective dates and members (a dozen, I think). Both Helen and Ida Juana felt this was an excellent way to party, even if the two most attractive guys, Aldric and Almeric, are mostly taken. Gavin got a first kiss from Ginny during the party, which as they were already best friends triggered crush/in love (David had already gotten one from Zoe), and Hugh Knowe of all people got one from Allegra Gorey. ACR is a natural fit for probably-drunk college parties.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, the Manns also got a gypsy lamp. Rich wished for money (LTW $100,000), Lana wished for the ability to cheat death. Junior hasn't wanted to use it yet, so it's just sitting there for someone to roll a want.

Page 27 of 32