6 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#13751 Old 29th May 2018 at 1:42 AM
How do people change the regular maxis lip texture to a custom lip texture?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13752 Old 29th May 2018 at 1:58 AM
Skins usually come with lip texture. or you can use makeup.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#13753 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Skins usually come with lip texture. or you can use makeup.

This particular skinset I'm using is maxis-match ( http://littlelittlesimmies.tumblr.c...s-skin-download ), but the user added in the lips from this set ( http://poppet-sims.tumblr.com/post/94158201028 ) from my understanding. I may have to edit it myself because the lips aren't growing on me, they're too red on the lighter skinsets, so that's why I asked .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13754 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:33 AM
Lips being the wrong shade is the hardest thing I found. Took me ages finding a default set that I liked that made the sk4 dark enough the sk 1 not so pale and lips on the guys that didn't look like lipstick. I use peachT Special needs skins if you want to take a look. If you google, a thread that I left a link on may show up. I also have a male set of lips from somewhere, I'll see if I can find a name later.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#13755 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:38 AM
Lips being the wrong shade is the hardest thing I found. Took me ages finding a default set that I liked that made the sk4 dark enough the sk 1 not so pale and lips on the guys that didn't look like lipstick. I use peachT Special needs skins if you want to take a look. If you google, a thread that I left a link on may show up. I also have a male set of lips from somewhere, I'll see if I can find a name later.

I think I've seen the 'special needs' skinset on tumblr before, but I didn't favorite it at the time because I didn't create my simblr then . I'll look for it again though. It may be easier for me to make new colors from the maxis defaults, I've toyed around with it in GIMP before so I'll try again this time around .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13756 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:07 AM
Google brought up this one at the top http://modthesims.info/t/603310

http://modthesims.info/t/579619 go down to my post 17 there as well. I have a link to the Tumblr post. I like this precisely because it doesn't suffer from red lips and the defaults have a choice of both a less pale sk1 and a darker sk4.

~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#13757 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:18 AM
Google brought up this one at the top http://modthesims.info/t/603310

http://modthesims.info/t/579619 go down to my post 17 there as well. I have a link to the Tumblr post. I like this precisely because it doesn't suffer from red lips and the defaults have a choice of both a less pale sk1 and a darker sk4.

Oh wow, thanks! I tried searching for peachT's skins but google gave me recipes for actual peach skins .-. , but I'll keep these for reference :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#13758 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:31 AM
Is there a way to make Sims 2 brighter? Going back into the game and it seems really dark. All my googling has just found ways to make Sims 4 brighter, but that is not what I'm looking for.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13759 Old 29th May 2018 at 8:24 AM
Maybe show us a picture, since my game isn't dark.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#13760 Old 29th May 2018 at 9:12 AM
Is there a way to give elders access to eyebrows that aren't gray? I don't bin eyebrows so every other age can choose among all the colors. I'd like elders to be able to choose, too, even though the default is gray.
Mad Poster
#13761 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:37 PM
You can fiddle with the brightness on your monitor, in case that's the problem.

You can also install lighting mods. I've always been fine with Maxis light, so I'm only aware that they're out there and can't recommend one, and you presumably will need to experiment before you find the one that does what you want with your machine.

As for eyebrows - do you have an editor for CAS CC, like Wardrobe Wrangler? Open them in there and see if you can enable eyebrows for elders by checking a box.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#13762 Old 29th May 2018 at 2:39 PM
Though to be fair the default houses in Sims 2 are kind of dark on the inside, especially in comparison to other Sims games. Though personally I find that strange lens-flary-kinda-sorta effect in Sims 3 a lot worse.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#13763 Old 29th May 2018 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Orilon : 29th May 2018 at 5:45 PM.
Good news is I finally fixed picture taking, bad news is that the picture doesn't show what I'm seeing in game. Its a lot darker in game than it is in the picture.

Apparently I've forgotten how to post pictures here since every time I've tried I can't get the picture to show.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13764 Old 29th May 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Apparently I've forgotten how to post pictures here since every time I've tried I can't get the picture to show.

Needs to be a jpg for the picture file to be accepted.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#13765 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:02 PM
It is a jpg I'm trying to post using imgur since MYP is still down (or at least the sign in part is still down. I haven't been able to sign in for a very long time.)

Let's see if it works this time.

[img]<a href="//imgur.com/sVguObl"></a>[/img]
Mad Poster
#13766 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:46 PM
Okay, Orilon, hit "reply" to this post.

Scroll down to "Manage Attachments."

Click the first "Choose File" button under "Images to Upload."

Browse to the location of your picture on your computer, and select the file.

Scroll down a little farther, click "upload files."

Scroll up again, Preview Post to be sure it took.

Submit Reply.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13767 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:51 PM
Orilon the reason that is not working is because that's not a web page address - it's html code. The image doesn't appear on this web page because the image is not part of this web page and html code like that only works with the page it's on (for want of a better way of explaining it).

You need the web address of the location of an image to link to an image on another page - you don't need the html tags. Though I think Peni's suggestion is probably preferable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#13768 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Okay, Orilon, hit "reply" to this post.

Scroll down to "Manage Attachments."

Click the first "Choose File" button under "Images to Upload."

Browse to the location of your picture on your computer, and select the file.

Scroll down a little farther, click "upload files."

Scroll up again, Preview Post to be sure it took.

Submit Reply.

Let's see if this works:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#13769 Old 29th May 2018 at 7:09 PM Last edited by STS3388 : 29th May 2018 at 7:21 PM.
It is a jpg I'm trying to post using imgur since MYP is still down (or at least the sign in part is still down. I haven't been able to sign in for a very long time.)

Let's see if it works this time.

[img]<a href="//imgur.com/sVguObl"></a>[/img]

Does this count?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?u...6290b&zw&atsh=1
Mad Poster
#13770 Old 29th May 2018 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Orilon the reason that is not working is because that's not a web page address - it's html code. The image doesn't appear on this web page because the image is not part of this web page and html code like that only works with the page it's on (for want of a better way of explaining it).

You need the web address of the location of an image to link to an image on another page - you don't need the html tags. Though I think Peni's suggestion is probably preferable.

What I have forgotten is the correct code to be able to link to a picture on a hosting site. For example the picture is hosted on imagur and I want to link to it on this site. I've forgotten the correct code to link to it. I used to be able to, but I've lost it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13771 Old 29th May 2018 at 8:56 PM
What I have forgotten is the correct code to be able to link to a picture on a hosting site. For example the picture is hosted on imagur and I want to link to it on this site. I've forgotten the correct code to link to it. I used to be able to, but I've lost it.

I think if you right-click on the image and choose copy image address then use that inside the picture tags that might work. It's what I often do anyway. With image upload sites, they often provide a button somewhere on the page with the link encoded in it which you can click and it saves to clipboard.

Trying this - an image from Peni's tumblr:
edit: Yeah that worked.

Inventor
#13772 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:12 AM
I've been wondering how people do that 'Screenshots' thing in their post, I'm writing this down for later.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Theorist
#13773 Old 30th May 2018 at 3:25 AM
I have this page bookmarked to help me when I need a reminder on how to do some of the things I don't do often such as linkin to a specific post in a thread.
Field Researcher
#13774 Old 30th May 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
As for eyebrows - do you have an editor for CAS CC, like Wardrobe Wrangler? Open them in there and see if you can enable eyebrows for elders by checking a box.
As far as I can tell they're all enabled, but somehow I did something and they're showing up now. No idea what I did. Once in a while when I make a sim in either CAS or Bodyshop they appear without eyebrows at all as if the defaults don't work. I've never been able to fix that so maybe there's just an eyebrow problem somewhere.
Mad Poster
#13775 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:41 PM
Back to more stupid randomness.

I've been working on cleaning up my Downloads, getting rid of some of the folders within folders within folders that really don't make much sense being that sub-foldered, removing stuff that either didn't download properly (apparently, I didn't check right after), and most of all, trying to shorten file names a little, getting rid of the extra package in the package.package files, and the @s, &s, extra spaces, parens, etc. in the file names, mostly using the Bulk Renamer (sometimes, though, I can't change the files that way, so I go in manually). Before this, I thought some of you who have done this were probably imagining that the game loads so much more quickly.

Well, you are right and I am wrong. I am only 1/3 of the way through my folders (I have more than 1400 of them ... this may take a while!), and already, I see minutes being shaved off the loading time. The game used to take me 15 minutes or more to load. It now takes me about 11-12 minutes. I can't wait to see what it does once I've finished.

Anyway, is it safe to do this to mods? Or will that mess the mod up somehow? Are there any files I really shouldn't touch while doing this?

Also:

1. May I simply take all my packaged lot files out and store them elsewhere? I already have done most of this de facto while doing backups. Does a hefty packaged lot folder affect loading time? I have an awful lot of packaged lots; about half of them mine. (I'm a prolific lot creator. Not a great one ... just prolific!)

2. And in something completely unrelated, and I think the question got buried in my previous verbosity, can you have vampires in hoods without a Downtown? It's easy enough to make the supernaturals using a mod or Sim PE. Or will that corrupt anything?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 551 of 1339