Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3201 Old 21st May 2018 at 9:27 PM
I've been too lazy to update what's been going on. Some recent highlights from some of the families.

Burb: John and Jennifer are both nearly at the top of their careers (Education and Athletic) Lucy moved to college. The twins are now teenagers. Ryan is a Popularity Aspiration and is dating Nina Caliente's oldest daughter, Claudia. Sam is a Fortune Sim and has three chemistry bolts with Claudia, rather than the two Ryan has with her. We'll see what happens with that. John is also now an Elder.

Pleasant: My last update in this forum was Daniel being an idiot and getting caught cheating with Kaylynn by Mary-Sue. He reluctantly married her after Kaylynn becomes pregnant. They had a daughter named Brooklyn. Mary-Sue moved out. Because she was becoming lonely and wanted to help a child like her parents and done for her, she decided to adopt a child named Shelly. Angela and Lilith have both graduated from college. Lilith is engaged to a bartender.

Dreamer: Since his divorce with Rachel, Darren has been focusing most of his time on their son who lives with him. Cedric has the Knowledge Aspiration and already has many skill points. Dirk is off at university and in a relationship with Meadow.

Lothario: One of Don's twins with Cassandra moved into Don's place once he was a teenager. Vincent never got along with his mother or his own twin. Don is now a family Sim after the death of his wife Dagmar. He sees Vincent is following in his old ways. It's not exactly surprising since Vincent has the exact same personality at Don. One day while taking his other son Dean to the park downtown, he met a townie named Elizabeth. They were quick to fall in love and get married.

Goth: Mortimer died, leaving the Goth family fortune to Dina. Alexander is off at college and doesn't completely trust her with that much money. Dina and Mortimer's daughter Victoria is one of the most popular Sims I've played. She fits well into the socialite life. Their son Edward is the splitting image of Mortimer.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3202 Old 22nd May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
I am :D! I'm treating this desktop like it's precious cargo, I make sure it's cleaned of dust and I check for updates often to keep it running. And yes, ACR is the best invention since sliced bread. I gotta get used to the controls, some things are a little confusing (like I set a couple to be 'Married Only' or something under jealously and it resets back to 'In Love'), and the 'Sim Can/Cannot Get Pregnant' still trips me up but so far it works as it should be. Next thing to do is to install a camera mod to take better pictures and all of the downloads I have in my favorites :lovestruc.

Whoa! Where is the sim can/cannot get pregnant? I need that.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#3203 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Whoa! Where is the sim can/cannot get pregnant? I need that.

Sorry I just logged on; but it's twojeff's Preg for All Genders, AL version! It gives you the percentage of how they can successfully get pregnant and the percentage of risky woohoo. Just be careful about which one initiates the action if it's a same-sex couple; like I said, I originally wanted Ben Daniels to get pregnant, but Tim did because he was the one that initiated the 'Try for Baby' action :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3204 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:45 AM
Oh, okay thanks. I thought you were saying it was part of ACR. I once had the mod you're talking about, but there was some conflict so I removed it. Oh well. I'm having a problem with women in my handmaid hood getting pregnant. I set ACR as low as it will go, but it's like a baby explosion over there. Kind of puts a crimp in the entire purpose of the hood.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#3205 Old 23rd May 2018 at 6:10 AM
Oh, okay thanks. I thought you were saying it was part of ACR. I once had the mod you're talking about, but there was some conflict so I removed it. Oh well. I'm having a problem with women in my handmaid hood getting pregnant. I set ACR as low as it will go, but it's like a baby explosion over there. Kind of puts a crimp in the entire purpose of the hood.

Well it works alongside ACR, from what I understand. And so far there's no conflict in my game, but I'm sorry that happened :'(. And maybe it'll help if you put your sims on birth control through ACR?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3206 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:19 PM
You can do that? That would be perfect! I hate all these births messing up the story line. And, of course, they are often multiple births.

Inventor
#3207 Old 23rd May 2018 at 5:42 PM
You can do that? That would be perfect! I hate all these births messing up the story line. And, of course, they are often multiple births.

Yep you can! I haven't tried it yet but you can put a sim on birth control, and if you want, take them off birth control. And you wouldn't happen to have the triplet/quadruplet birth mod by twojeffs would you? Or is it just twins you're getting a lot of?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3208 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:38 PM
I have the triplet/quad mod, and I love it. I set the odds for multiples higher. But, the problem is they aren't supposed to be getting pregnant in the first place. I have the risky pregnancy meter set as low as I can, but I'm still getting a lot of babies. I guess I could use the bathroom mirror that has the birth control mod, and I do it sometimes if the mirror just happens to be there. But, I DO want the random child, just not the explosion I'm having.

Field Researcher
#3209 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:24 PM
Right now not much because playing my megahood revealed a tiny little problem... Going from one hood to the other and watching all those sims together, made me want to pull my eyes out because I realized that my reluctance (or my laziness) to download cc except from game relating hacks, has lead my sims to look alike and boring . There are only a few maxis items (clothes and hair) that I like so I kept using the same content on and on and I had to end that. So, the past weeks I'm downloading a lot of stuff from here on mod the sims (I don't trust other sites to not break my game) and I know that my "tiny little problem" will be solved (and I'll keep my eyes in place ).
During my "downloading madness" (as I call it!) I "discovered" Riverside and I had to try it. So, when I am taking a break from "cc searching", I'm playing this hood and I have to say I love it. It looks so big and I like the fact that it has so many families to play with and so much empty space too. I'm playing weekly rotations of all the premades and I have added 3 more CAS families. Right now, I'm on the end of the second week for all the households. ACR is doing what it's supposed to do and most families have or going to have more babies on the way.

The Baxters, except from Alex, the child they already had, they now have Brian who is a toddler and Callie who is still a baby. Brian has his father's hair colour, his mother's eyes colour and... exactly the same personality his father has. Don and Sarah have fixed their relationship because from the first moment I played them, ACR kicked in and Sarah got pregnant asap. Don has already reached his LTW to become a Slacker and Sarah is doing good on the Science career but her pregnancies have kept her back a little. But they are lucky because every time they need a nanny, Sarah's father Thomas Thompson, is invited over and he is very happy to babysit his grandbabies (he also doesn't have a choice on the the matter because I make him selectable ).
So, everything seems good with the Baxters but it's not entirely because Don still has his affair with Dina Ross.

Dina is on the Culinary career and woohoos everyone she can get her hands on. After fulfiling the want to "woohoo with 3 different sims" and having Marty Anderson on her... speed call as her booty call, she got "unlucky" on her way to "woohoo with 5 different sims" because she got pregnant by Claire Sandiago (who was already pregnant by Trenton Russel but she was on her first trimester so she didn't show!) and after a very difficult pregnancy, Dina gave birth to twin boys, Trevor and Tristan who are still babies.

Over the Russels' household, Trenton Russel and Claire Sandiago are in a relationship (kind of because they are both Romance sims!) and Claire gave birth to Linda, who is now a toddler and has her mother's eyes and hair and she is very outgoing like both her parents are. Claire is also on the Athletic career. Martha Russel works on the Intelligence career and she is desparate for romance and babies but I didn't have the time to find her a boyfriend too. I was too busy trying to control Trenton's and Claire's "urges" because this house is too small for more babies... Josh, on the other hand, has become an overachiever (he works on the Law Enforcement career) and he has surprised me with having almost 2 girlfriends He has only one Outgoing personality point and his mother always rolls wants to make him more outgoing but the stupid points aren't going up! He had his first woohoo with Gina Jefferson (which was Gina's and ACR's doing, poor Josh ) but he has 3 bolts with Melissa Brooke with whom has much more in common (both Family sims and almost no outgoing personality points!). Their relationship though moves slower than a snail or a probably because they are both too shy and, for mysterious reasons, ACR "respects" their personalities (that's a first ) and despite their 3 bolts they are only BFFs.

The Brookes are one of my favourite households. Abraham reached the top of Law Enforcement career but he is far from his LTW to win 100000. He has maxed his Mechanical skill (and the tinkering hobby) though and he restores cars to win more money. Macey gave birth to the baby she was pregnant with before the game started and it's a girl, Maggie (now a toddler). Maggie is one of the cutest, sweetest kids I've ever seen born since I started to play the Sims 2. She is just adorable . Towards the end of the household's last rotation, Macey got pregnant again and I have to wait for their next rotation to see the baby (grrr!). Danielle and Melissa are both overachievers (Danielle - Politcs career and Melissa - Law Enforcement). When I played the household for the first time I noticed an "inconsistency" between the girls' bios and the video about Riverview I watched on Youtube and their "reality". None of the girls knew Josh Russell despite their bios claiming otherwise! During their second rotation, though, Danielle brought Josh home from school so both she and Melissa got to know him. Danielle had to leave for work, though, and both Josh and Melissa had the day off, so they spent the afternoon together and they started their oh-so-slow-and-platonic relationship. During that week Danielle kept rolling wishes to spend time with Josh which I kept ignoring because I thought that I should give Josh and Melissa a chance. I chose to encourage Danielle's relationship with Blake Brooklyn (they have much more in common!).

The Brooklyn household was a pain in the beginning. First of all I was obsessed with Isabel getting pregnant and it wasn't happening . Neither Try For Baby worked nor ACR could do the magic! Charles and Isabel were always exhausted from work (Charles - Culinary and Isabel - Education) and from... too much woohoo! Meanwhile the whole atmosphere in the house was like a ticking bomb because of Blake's and Gregory's relationship. It was so weird. Blake is supposed to be the "good" kid (6-7 nice personality points) and Gregory the not-so-good kid (0 or 1 nice point). But it was always Blake who was "poking" and "shoving" Gregory and clearly looking for a fight. Blake's relationship with his brother was all negative (both bars) but Gregory's bars were much higher (more than 50 and, if it was up to him only, they would be friends from the beginning!). So I always left Kenneth alone on the chess table (poor kid, he maximized Logic in no time ) while his brothers were on the other chess table (yeap! I bought them two ) trying to fix their relationship. Soon enough I realized that chess wasn't going to work because Gregory always cheated which made the relationship worse than it already was but only from Blake's side. Gregory was having a blast with that. So I "cheated" too and gave Gregory some more nice points (thank you SimManipulator :lovestruc ) and things started to move on the right side. Except one day when I was busy making Charles and Isabel to try for baby (again!) and I wasn't watching the boys. It took only a moment and Blake attacked Gregory (personality "good" points be damned ) and he won the fight (Blake is on the Athletic career and he has maxed his Body skill). After that Gregory was furious with Blake and I had to fix their relationship again. Each free moment they both had, Blake was "apologizing" to Gregory (I don't know if he really wanted to do that but I didn't care!) and they were talking about their hobby "games" (all that chess they played lead somewhere, they both have more than 8 logic points and they both get sholarships!). At some point between all that "game talking" and "apologizing", I heard baby chimes. Yes! Isabel was pregnant. Meanwile, one day Blake "asked" to bring Danielle Brooke home with him after school (I love that hack that lets me decide if I want someone to come home with a household member) and I said "no" so he could get the 20 relationship points with her and after some talking on the phone they became best friends. On a Sunday morning I "told' him to invite Danielle over and I saw the 2 bolts they had, so he asked her to go steady (weird: no woohoo? what happened ACR? ). The last day of the household's rotation, Isabel gave birth to another boy, Finn. Damn, I was hoping for a girl...

There are more new babies in Riverside to talk about but I think this post is already too long, so I'll go back to download all the wonderful content mod the sims has (hopefully my download folder won't "explode" anytime soon!).
Inventor
#3210 Old 24th May 2018 at 6:29 PM
I have the triplet/quad mod, and I love it. I set the odds for multiples higher. But, the problem is they aren't supposed to be getting pregnant in the first place. I have the risky pregnancy meter set as low as I can, but I'm still getting a lot of babies. I guess I could use the bathroom mirror that has the birth control mod, and I do it sometimes if the mirror just happens to be there. But, I DO want the random child, just not the explosion I'm having.

I see I see. Yeah I toyed around with the triplet/quad settings but I left it as is because i have to get the hang of the percentage. I chose twins when my sim got pregnant again and was in labor when the dialogue prompt came up. But hopefully you'll get it figured out, sounds like a circus in your game .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#3211 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:09 PM
The 'random' Trip & quads hack by TwoJeffs is a silent one, btw, and I can only guess at the actual number of babies if it's indicated that there are 2 in the womb. So every time I have a potential multiple pregnancy, I buy at least 2 cribs and changing stations. But so far it's outwitted me.

I'm almost afraid of the next round of marriages because right now it's almost Monday in Tinseltown and there's going to be a number of them happening, along with move in's, move outs (the big families have to move to larger houses) and general mayhem. Those families with triplets will have to wait until they grow to be toddlers (Sunday) and then they'll move out, The newest formed pairs will move into their old houses, and repeat the pattern.

I call it 'musical pixel merry-go-round'. It sometimes makes me dizzy. I can only imagine what they think of it..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3212 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:23 AM
OMG! Is it a Christmas village? I've been toying with the idea of making one of my subhoods a Christmas Village and having it decorated for Christmas all year. It would be like one of those little places you sometimes see on vacation.

Inventor
#3213 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:26 AM
This happened last night: the Daniels moved into a bigger house in Belladonna Cove after Ben got pregnant. The house actually belonged to one of the BC playables but since they got kicked out with the clean templates I took advantage of that. As I said earlier, I was testing out the multiple birth mod and I chose 2, so Ben had twins named Todd and Tonya. They still look like Ben but Tonya has Tim's blue eyes.

Austin didn't adjust to them too well and he constantly teases them. Austin met Desdemona Capp and they became fast friends; and even though Albany is best friends with both Tim and Ben he keeps stealing their newspaper (not that I care about the newspaper, but I hid the trash can behind a fence because both he and Consort would steal the newspaper). Tim is almost at the top of the Science career to complete his LTW, and Ben wants 3 kids to graduate from college.

The twins grew into kids and Todd made friends with Desdemona, so that led to more fighting between the brothers. Austin turned into a teenager and his aspiration is Popularity. Ben wants another baby but I can't expand the house any further and I had to intervene when the 'Auto Woo' started and cancel out 'Try For Baby' *wipes sweat from brow*. Ilia is doing okay too, she still doesn't have a collar because I forgot to put the pet store in the 'hood so I hope she won't run away. Also I'm using the crap out of Sim Blender, never again will I have to boolProp or maxmotives again

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Lab Assistant
#3214 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:00 AM
I was playing a household in one of the apartment complexes in Belladonna Cove, and the landlord stopped by like he did every day, only this time he said he was having a gathering and the neighbors could meet each other and hang out. Well, one of the neighbors is this old guy named Makoto St. Julien. Makoto keeps coming into my sim's house and watching the TV. Even though the guy is irritating beyond belief, I think he deserves respect.

The landlord started annoying and insulting the poor guy, he even went as far as poking him, which made Makoto cry., and the landlord kicked the trashcan over on two different occasions. So, I made my sim butt in. I made him insult and slap and poke the landlord before adding the landlord to the household via cheats and killed him. They have a new landlord now. She's a lot nicer.
Field Researcher
#3215 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:57 PM
I'm still playing Riverside when I'm not filling my game with amazing cc...

When I first played the Anderson household, I found very annoying the fact that the house had only 2 bathrooms for 4 sims. I say "had" because now it has 3 bathrooms since I managed to fit another one on the second floor, though, it still annoys me that I can't fit another one on the first floor. Anyways, the household is doing well. Marty has reached his LTW and the top of the Slacker career. He also has woohooed both his female roommates, Jennifer and Lisa. And, as I said on my previous post, he is Dina Ross' booty call. He has woohooed his roommate, Jennifer Rose only once but they both claim that they are in love. I don't believe it though. He and Lisa Russilo (both Romance sims) are all over each other every free moment they have (ACR is their best friend ). One of those woohoos ended to twins, though, a boy (Parker) and a girl (Sandra). They are still babies but I'm very excited about them because all the time I'm playing the sims 2, twins meant either 2 boys or 2 girls, never one of each. The funny thing is that Lisa and Jennifer are BFFs and I don't think either of them knows that they are both woohooing Marty. A very cute moment happenned when Lisa was very heavily pregnant (third trimester) and, autonomously, Jennifer went to "rub" her belly and "talk" to the belly. The whole time I was wondering if she knew whose babies where in there. Lisa is on the Athletic career but her pregnancy kept her back for a while. Jennifer is doing well on the Medicine career and she loves it because she has the Fortune aspiration. Poor Bernie, Marty's brother, is like the mascot of the house. The girls are both best friends with him but they do that animation all sims do when they find someone unattractive, because he is fat and they both have fatness as a turn-off. Bernie is a Knowledge sim so he spends his days skilling up and he works on the Education career. All 4 of them, though, are taking very good care of the babies. When Lisa gave birth I was thinking that maybe it would be better to move her out with the twins but now I don't see that happenning, at least for a while. There's always someone to change a diaper (or two!) and since they are all good with each other, who am I to seperate them?

The Jeffersons were another test for my patience. 6 sims in a house with one (1!!!) bathroom??? The first moment I went into that house I had the impulse to leave them be and never come back. But I didn't... Instead I split the parent's bedroom in two rooms and made one their en suite bathroom and I built another bathroom next to their "living room". The roof looks kind of weird but I prefer my sanity from a well-shaped roof. It's much better now Sam is almost at the top of the Science career and he is not as lazy as his bio claimed. He helps a lot around the house and with the kids. Barbara is still unemployed but she will join the Education career on their next rotation. Gina became an overachiever (Politcs career), she has very good relationships with her siblings and she even helps a lot with Seth when needed. Her only tiny little problem is that ACR has made her love life kind of complexed. On Sunday morning of their first rotation, Josh Russel walked by and since they were friends already she got out of the house to chat with him a little. ACR was like a thunderstorm... Next thing I know they were on her parents' bed (2 bolts). Damn it Gina, I try to keep Danielle Brooke away from Josh so he could be with her sister, Melissa and you had to intervene? When she said "goodbye" to Josh, she went to play the piano to raise her creativity skill. In the afternoon Scott Molyneux walked by. I hadn't told Gina to do anything else at that moment so she run outside to talk to him. They didn't talk that much though... She lead him to her parents' bed too. Damn it (again) Gina... Two guys on the same day??? Your aspiration is Popularity but there are other ways to become popular than what you're doing. After Scott left, I bought her a double bed

Nothing worth-mentioned happens with the Molyneux. Granpa Victor has the LTW to max all skills so that's what he is doing. Gina is doing good on her Fortune aspiration because she has almost reached the top of the Inteligence career. Scott is an overachiever too (Music career) and he is head over heels for Gina Jefferson (could it be because she has his mother's name? he is a guy after all ). When all those teens go to college it's gonna be very hot in the dorms
Theorist
#3216 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:57 PM
So I'm now at the point in my neighbourhood when Cassandra and Don's generation have turned into teens, so I felt it was the time to make Mortimer and Bella have Alexander. Problem is that it makes him much older in relation to the other children/teens in the "official" version of Pleasantview (Mary-Sue and Daniel are still in their mid-teens as well and Brandi and the Caliente sisters are still children). And the other problem is that the current heir to the Crumplebottom family already turned out pretty much a carbon copy of "official" Alexander Goth in appearance, character and the way I'm playing him.

So when the first male baby came out with Bella's skintone instead of Mortimer's I thought "Simmit" and went with that (usually I reset until the baby matches the phenotype of their official version, Daniel Pleasant took a loooooooong time >_>)
I named the boy Magnus and hope that he will grow up into something of a "male Bella" . I might still add Alexander later. My version of Brandi Newbie already has an older sister and two older brothers, so there's room for a third Goth child.

Magnus meanwhile is of a similar enough age for Dinah and Nina to try to woo him rather than his father in this version (especially since Bella won't disappear) Maybe I'll make him Dina's first husband (Since Michael Bachelor is already married and has four children in my version) then they could get divorced for some reason, and Dinah can marry Dirk Dreamer (I like to pair those two up for some reason) hahaha.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#3217 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:44 AM
I spent the last half hour playing my least favorite household, only for the game to crash. It has not crashed in months--not since I did the 4GB patch and other helpful things. I have had absolutely no issues with this game. I didn't update it (unless Origin now magically updates even if you set yourself to offline mode).

It. CRASHED.

I'm so, so, so indescribably angry. It hasn't crashed in so long. I didn't save, because I've had this cozy, secure feeling that my game is impenetrable.

Well, apparently not. I spent the entire day wasting time because I couldn't decide if I wanted to play or not, because I don't like playing this household but I can't very well skip them. They're PlantSims and they run the only grocery store in town. They make huge bank so I milk them for tax money to go toward a university. I load in, 30 minutes later we're on Saturday, and I'm thinking, "Great, almost done with their rotation", and then, BAM, crash.

Absolutely livid.
Mad Poster
#3218 Old 26th May 2018 at 4:23 AM
I'm sorry your game is acting up so badly. It sometimes feels like you're pounding your head into the monitor when it happens. Hope you find the cause of it soon.

In my Tinsel Town, I've gotten the second set of couples installed into their new homes and starting their permanent relationships. The ACR 'fool me three times and I'm flabbergasted' has happened yet again:

Brian Sherman moved into his new home with his fiancee, Doreen Hoffman. They had the day off, and of course the very first thing they did was have fun on the couch.

They'd been planning to get married in a church later that day, but Mother Nature decided to pull a fast one and make Doreen pregnant before they could do so. Nonetheless, they got hitched right at home, and 18 hours later Doreen and Brian became the parents of the first (and hopefully only) set of quadruplets in the town-3 boys and 1 girl-Lucas, Duncan, Chester and Kathleen Sherman.

Both Brian and Doreen realized that they had to go to work that same day and earn enough money to buy a bigger house in order to raise their small battalion of bottle gurglers. They hired a nanny and prayed that she'd be on time, because they'd have to be at work at 8 am.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Top Secret Researcher
#3219 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:37 AM
Looking at the original post, I wonder if Delphy has gotten his hand on TS2 in the meantime. Did all of us guys made him do it? Finally boot up his sims 2 game?
Inventor
#3220 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:44 AM
I finally installed some defaults! I'm toying around with them and I already deleted some skins that were too pixelated and too bright, but they look fantastic in CAS. For now my 'hoods have been copied to my desktop as backups, but I didn't get so far into it where I'll regret deleting them. I already extracted some sims I liked to reuse. Only big thing I have to re-do is move all the sims that got kicked out with meetme's cleaned templates back into the houses I put them in. I'll probably just delete them and start over with fresh copies as soon as I finish testing these defaults

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#3221 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:58 PM
I'm still in Riverside, my downloads folder is getting too... fat (5 gig!) and the sims 2 takes much longer to load than the sims 3, which I don't consider a good sign but the cc is too good to pass!

So, I found a family that I hate. No, scratch that... I don't hate the whole family, it's the parents I have contemplated to kill more than once: the Marshalls! OK, teen girl Lila, had a big party before the game started and her parents didn't like it. That doesn't give them the right to be worse than the Pleasants or the Contraries. Of cource parents can be angry with their children when they're misbehaving but here things are uncontrolable. In the past, I have managed to fix the relationships between the Pleasants and the Contraries, the Marshalls on the other hand are a different story. Ralph and Margaret are not enemies with Lila and they are not furious with her. They just dislike her... a lot! When I first played the family, though, I didn't have the time to deal with that because there were more urgent matters. Both toddlers, Lawrence and Trinity were almost in aspiration failure, especially Trinity whose aspiration bar was pure red and she was crying non-stop. So, I made Margaret to quit her job and teach Trinity her toddler skills. Family funds were tight so Ralph had to go to work (Medicine career) and Lila joined the Athletic career. When Lila came home from school and work, she taught Lawrence to walk and to talk and the next day she taught him his nursery rhyme. In the meantime both Ralph and Margaret rolled wishes for Lila to get an A+ and to become an overachiever. The not so funny thing was that they both refused to teach her how to study. Every conversation they have with her ends with red (-) but not on her side. Her relationship with both of them is not negative at all. The worst of all is that if I leave Margaret uncontrollable and Lila is in the room, her first action is to "Poke" or "Shove" her Really game??? A mother with the Family aspiration behaves like... Tybalt or Mercutio, and actually bulling her own daughter? For what? A party that took place... years ago? (it's the sims we are talking about!). Ralph, on the other hand, he just ignores his daughter like she doesn't exist.
To make things even worse, they ignore the toddlers too. Lila has become BFF with both her siblings and whenever she is at home, both of them follow her around like little chickens follow mother-hen. Ralph and Margaret "rememeber" that the toddlers are there only when their own social bar is low. Once, poor Trinity had become so exhausted from playing with her xylophone, she barely found her toddler bed to collapse and I saw Ralph heading to the nursery to "Toss her in the air" I wanted so bad to kill him that moment... When I cancelled that action, he went to his wife who had just finished a painting and she was standing there (the only good thing Margaret does is painting Masterpieces!) and they woohooed on the couch. In fact, that's all they do but I have decided that they do not deserve more children, so Margaret is the one and only sim in all my hoods who is on birth control
But Lila deserves some fun despite all that's happenning (she has managed to become an overachiever all by herself and she is taking care of her siblings being not only their "big sister" but a "mother" too) so every Friday or Saturday night she sneaks out. She has 2 romantic interests who are possibly homeless townnies because they do not live in any playable house and I think she also has her eyes on Blake Brooklyn. And I can guarantee you that she can sneak out whenever she wants and she'll never get caught Yeap, Lila along with Gregory Brooklyn are by far my favourite premade sims in Riverside
Before I finish talking about the Marshalls I have to share a funny (and also a little creepy) incident! Of cource, the toddlers can not realize that their parents ignore them and only interact with them when I take control, so they keep "following" them around when Lila is not at home. One night when the parents and Lila were asleep, Lawrence and Trinity decided that it was a good idea to "follow" their parents, so they went into their bedroom and they sat down by the bed each one on a different side. And they both started to sing their nursery rhyme. Damn they gave me the creeps. It was like an... evil ritual in horror movies! It was so dark in that room that, if I didn't know it was the nursery rhyme they were singing, I could easily suppose that the toddlers were... chanting something not so innocent as the nurery rhyme
Mad Poster
#3222 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:54 PM
The Burbs just bought a new home because March has gotten too big to be sleeping on a mat in him parents' bedroom. Brad has gone insane, but he still manages to go to work as a party clown. Tiffany is terrified the Big Eye will discover Brad's insanity and lock him up somewhere where he will never be seen again. Her hiding him also makes her and the kids candidates for the prison colony.

John is a teenager. He's not bothered to look for a job because he believes college is in his future. There's no money for college. Only the very rich can afford it. But, John doesn't know anything about his parents' finances. He's always had the idea he could just go. Tiffany doesn't know how to break it to him.

Field Researcher
#3223 Old 27th May 2018 at 10:35 PM
Riverside is moving on great.
The Roberts family, as I mentioned on another thread, have overcome the "problem" mentioned in their bio that the parents, James and Patricia, were worried about their relationship with their teen daughter, Hanna. Like most circumstances, chess makes BFF in no time. James has reached the top of the Military career but his is still far from his LTW (earn 100000) and he is restoring cars to earn more money. Patricia would have already been a Mad Scientist if her pregnancy hadn't kept her back. At the end of their second week, new baby Lucas is still that: a baby. Hanna is an overachiever (Culinary career) and she has "something" going on with Gregory Brooklyn (booty-call Sunday noon anyone?). I think that she expects more than she can get from Gregory, though, because he is a Romance sim.

The Thompsons are doing well too. Thomas Thompson is very excited about his grandchildren (Alex, Brian and Callie Baxter) and he waits (although not very patiently!) for his other children (Jack and Virginia) to get married and have children too. Jack has reached his LTW to become a Mad Scientist and so has Virginia, who has reached the top of the Music career. On their next rotation, I intend to get them out more to give them the chance to find some romance along with their successful careers. Though, it might be easier for Virginia who has the Romance aspiration than Jack who is a Knowledge sim and kind of a loner.

Also, along with the premade families, in Riverside live 3 families that I made in CAS.
So, there is the Bauer household (don't judge, I was out of names when I created them and I was watching "24", probably for the 15th time since I purchased the dvds ). Jack is a single father with the Fortune aspiration, working in the Business career (his name is the only thing he shares with the "famous" Jack Bauer!) and he has a son, Nick who is a toddler. Jack's mother, Carol, lives with them to help raising her grandson.
The second CAS family are the Johnsons where Sharon is a single mother with the Fortune aspiration who lives with her toddler girl, Carrie, and her father, Edgar. She works in the Law career. Maybe she could become Mrs. Bauer in the future if the game (and ACR) leads to that direction.

And finally, there is my favourite family. The Stevens household started with Jake, his wife, Nadia and his mother, Lauren. All three of them are Family sims. Both Jake and Nadia, have the LTW to reach their golden anniversary and Lauren wants to have 6 grandchildren. Jake and Nadia have 3 attraction bolts and they can't keep their hands off of each other. Jake works in the Oceanography career and Nadia in the Entertainment career. ACR is their BFF. Nadia got pregnant during the first 10 minutes I played them. When she was on her third trimester, a very funny incident took place. She was sitting on the couch because her comfort bar wasn't doing so good and Jake came home from work. When he saw her, he run in front of the couch, looked at her for less than a second and he took of his clothes. Poor Nadia, being heavily pregnant coudn't be that fast but she did her best to follow. They woohooed on the couch and I was stunned by how fast the whole thing happenned and I forgot that Lauren was in the kithcen eating. She came out before they were... done and she screamed with a thought bubble of her son being naked above her head. She couldn't be faster to go to her room... I'm certain that if it wasn't in-game, she would have slammed her door and she would have had a stroke . The next day, Nadia gave birth to a baby boy, Alex. After Alex's birth, Jake and Nadia were very busy working on their careers. When Alex aged up to a toddler, ACR worked its magic and Nadia got pregnant for the second time. She was on her first trimester, so the happy couple didn't know that they were expecting again. They woke up in the morning and without even exchange a look, they changed into their outerwear outfits, they went out in the balcony and they... woohooed on the bench Seriously, you guys??? It was the last day of winter, it was snowing and they got naked outside . Do I need to mention that their bedroom (and their balcony!) is on the groundfloor and that it was almost 9 a.m., so neighbours were passing by? I really love those sims but their... exhibitionism (is that a word?) leaves me speachless! For the next days, until Nadia gave birth, I was watching them like a hawk because I was afraid they would start a flue epidemic but, phew, everything turned out OK and Nadia gave birth to another boy, Glenn.
Inventor
#3224 Old 28th May 2018 at 7:32 AM
I'm goofing off in my throwaway test hood after spending hours renovating some downloaded houses. I created a test family, called 'Testing' no doubt, and moved them into a maxis house from the lot bin. My original goal was to try out the new skintones, eye colors, the Sim Blender, and some other CC I downloaded so here goes: #1, #2, and #3 moved in and ACR kicked it immediately. I let #1 and #2 try for a baby and I aged up #3 to a teen using the Sim Blender. I accelerated #2's pregnancy and picked random when it prompted me; I got quad girls, all named #4, #5, #6, and #7. They inherited a mix of their parents' genetics: #1's brown hair and unlocked PlantSim eyes from here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=584727 , and #2's black hair and blue eyes. I aged them up to teens to see how they looked, and I turned #1 into a werewolf and #2 into a witch with the Creature Shack I downloaded from here. Turned #3 into a werewolf as well; she hated her sister #4 so she savaged her and #4 became a werewolf.

I turned #7 and #8 into vampires just for craps and giggles and they burned in the sun, and #4 died of starvation, they're all buried at the back of the house and #4 already scared half of the family members. #1 and #2 had more babies, all girls until I made #2 have babies with herself and it resulted in two boys. The teen boys #10 and #11 died by satellite and electrocution respectively, and #6 had a baby with herself, #12. I tried while she was a teen to have a baby with her high school friend but that resulted in her slapping him :/, so I aged her to an 'Independent Teen' but nothing happened there either (but she went into aspiration failure), so I aged her to a YA and the pregnancy was a success. #1 and #2 had another baby, #13, another girl this time, and all the teens in the house are currently fighting each other because I left free will on, and I'm using a Cyjon's sibling torment mod. So far I'm having so much fun just watching the teens suffer . So far I like how some of them look so I'm gonna extract them for future use.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Scholar
#3225 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:32 AM
in dinglebogian village i just completed the first round including the strangetown families;i'll list the highlights

loner-ajay married lola curious and they had twins called lawrence and lala they had a quiet week got promotions and had a miscarriage i think.

grunt-tank had the ltw to own 3 top level businesses so i made him buy one of mootildas moos mews (the minimart) i was getting bored waiting to get to level 10 so i let ripp complete his ltw of woohoo 10 sims too;tank was gay and lonely so i used the crystal ball to get him a match and...he got nervous subject! he also fell in love with johnny smith which causes consequences later... anyway when they got back home buzz married erin beaker and she had twins with ripp called rifle and flintlock,buck grew into a fortune teen.

beaker-loki and circe had 3 kids called helga sigrun and felix and reached the top of their careers then nervous moved out after he married tank.

singles-kristen had one daughter with earl howard bergwall and chloe has 5 new kids all with different men.

curious-pascal had an alien daughter called bunny pascal reached the top of his career in science and lazlo married crystal vu (she ws originally called twiggy nonupolous in my game) and they have 4 kids.

smith-they are on the way to have 10 kids and jenny died but got resurrected meaning she is now about the same age as johnny...

specter-at ophelia and johnnys wedding right after they were married tank made out with johnny;so olive turned him into a zombie after murdering him then he was cured and olive was turned into a zombie instead now johnny and ophelia have 3 daughters lily (somehow she has ginger hair alien eyes and white skin claire and eva )

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Page 129 of 349