Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 5:53 PM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 15th Mar 2019 at 7:36 PM.
Default Help Assigning Joints To Brow Piece That Clips?
I'm currently working on a project to recreate my original characters in The Sims 4. I am making a mesh that covers the eyebrows, forehead, and nose that looks just like my original character's but the sims eyebrows are clipping through the mesh and I don't like how that looks. I was wondering if anybody could help me fix this problem, I will link the package if anybody is interested to help me, there are somethings you must know about the mesh first, the nose bridge of the mesh isn't supposed to move and stay strait and the sim's nose is supposed to be hidden underneath the mesh, I am using someone's mesh for the back part of the mesh so to avoid getting in trouble I separated the two and will only be linking my mesh and will not be sharing unless somebody only wants the front piece to use for their own meshes. I would be so grateful to anybody who could help me make it to where the mesh doesn't clip through the eyebrows and moves with them as if it was actually part of the face please.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 2:10 PM
You could start by auto-assigning joints to the mask using the sim head as a reference. Then you can assign the parts that aren't supposed to move to the head joint.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 3:02 PM
Thank you for replying, you have be replying and helping me with so many of my problems lately and I want to thank you for putting up with me! Could you tell me how to auto assign because that is something I'm not familiar with.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 8:28 PM
If you're using Blender and Sims 4 Studio, here's a tutorial: http://sims4studio.com/thread/81/we...ransfer-blender

If you're using CAS Tools, the Mesh Tools tab includes auto assignment of all the necessary data including weights, and can be used on an obj exported from Blender.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 12:21 AM
Thank you, I am using Blender so I will check out the tutorial. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 2:37 AM
I tried using the weight paints to assign the bones to the mesh but it's still clipping, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 1:13 PM
Do you mean the eyebrow morphs make them clip through the mask? The best way to avoid that is either make the mask remove morphs (there's a field for modifiers to be removed by the CAS part), or make the mask a little bigger over the brows. If you mean facial movements and expressions are making the brows clip, you probably haven't done the weights correctly.

The best way I can see the problem is if you upload the package. You should always upload your package and any files you're having trouble with if at all possible.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeldaSpyroJak
Okay here is the package.

Sorry, I don't know how to use Blender except for the very basics. I need to see the .package.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 3:22 PM
It looks like you've assigned the entire mask to one or both eyebrow joints. If you want the parts over the brows to move like brows, you have to assign just those parts to the brows and the main mask to the head bone. To start at least, I suggest just assigning everything to the head. There are problems with trying to get any mask or other accessory to move with facial morphs - some of the morphs are BGEO-based and duplicating them in any other mesh is very difficult.

The sim nose is simply too big to fit under that nose piece. You'll have to make the nose part come out more.

You can disable morphs for a CAS part the same way you can remove the head or other parts - look in CAS Tools Clone Package Editor / General CAS Part Properties tab and there's an Exclude Modifiers list under the Exclude Parts list. Check the parts you don't want morphs to be used for. You could try that to prevent eyebrow and nose morphs from clipping.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 7:30 PM
Thank you for your feedback, I'll try doing those things with CAS Tools.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 12:06 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 16th Mar 2019 at 1:40 AM.
Is there a way to get rid of the brows and nose by making them invisible?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 10:27 AM
No, they're part of the standard sim head mesh.

You could try adding a modified head mesh with the brows and nose flattened to the mask mesh, and have the mask accessory remove and replace the head.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 2:55 PM
How would I do that?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 6:45 PM
Clone the head, modify the mesh, combine it with the mask, and set the Exclude Parts like I explained elsewhere. I don't know if S4S keeps all the extra data in the head meshes, though, so you'd have to see how it works.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 1:01 AM
Okay I'll try that!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 7:06 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 19th Mar 2019 at 4:51 AM.
The preset isn't showing up in my game or in the category I assigned it to and neither is the hair mesh I made for it, can you take a look at it please?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 11:35 PM
You didn't have any frame genders enabled in the preset - you need to enable at least one for the preset to show up for that sex / frame.

It works well!
Screenshots

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:25 AM Last edited by ZeldaSpyroJak : 19th Mar 2019 at 4:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
You didn't have any frame genders enabled in the preset - you need to enable at least one for the preset to show up for that sex / frame.

It works well!

Thank you for helping me so mush, I finally got the mesh to stop clipping thanks to you, I would have thanked you sooner but I had to edit the mesh to make it work first and I have just been doing nothing but sleeping the past 2 days... sorry about that... But every thing is working now, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 4:49 PM
Hi, I know this is totally unrelated to the project that you helped me on but there is another project I need help on as well, I can't say too much about it because it is made out of somebody else's mesh, I'm not going to share it with anyone and if I get too descriptive about it because I'm afraid I will get in trouble with the creator of the original mesh if I say anything about it, If you feel like helping me again could you personal message my so I can personal message you the mesh and package? I understand if you don't feel like doing anything like that and I can except that and continue trying to work on it on my own. Please and thank you.