Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2008 at 11:07 PM
Cloning the restorable car?
I want to clone the restorable car, and I'm not sure whether I need to clone the "Awesome customized car" or the "One Man's Junk" car. Do i need both to make it work? And as for guids, can someone please tell me the simplest way to change a guid? I can never do it right. Sad, isn't it?

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th May 2008 at 12:42 AM Last edited by pokedude9777 : 22nd Jul 2008 at 7:41 AM.
Im pretty sure that you should only need the "One Man's Junk" car, but if you want it to be restorable you will probably need the "Awesome Customised Car" Car, as that is what the second object is; second object being the fixed up car. This will probably be very hard o attempt, and you'd want a very good understanding of SimPE before attempting this.

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th May 2008 at 3:00 PM
other than cloning the junk car has any one figured out how to create custom paintjobs for it? i like the lime green but i would much rather something much jazzier.
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:37 PM
Default other colors
I think that Paladin's Place might have a object that allows you to change the color, but i don't know about custom paintjobs...

the link to his site is http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:34 PM
i've looked into this for myself, but i've had quite the trouble.

you do need both cars, and im sure everyone with freetime will absolutly adore whoever comes up with a restorable car recolour, and even possibly a new mesh

my personal life can be supported by veiwing this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2z-Q6x6eU and others on my youtube page. I believe there's a few building tutorials there aswell. I create rather sporadically, so excuse me if I'm gone from this website for months or years at a time.
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:13 AM
how can i fix a car? sorry that i ask a stupid question

but i really don't know how to start playing on skill (in freetime expansion)

thanks for every help....

CHEERS!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bb_diary_sims2
how can i fix a car? sorry that i ask a stupid question

but i really don't know how to start playing on skill (in freetime expansion)

thanks for every help....

CHEERS!

go under your hobby area in buy mode catalog...from there you see and old grey car called "one mans junk" that can be placed on driveway and restored after clicking with mouse. OMJ car can also be sold in home business. If you have the expansion you should see it in your catalog.

Come to the dark side. We have cookies.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 9:03 PM
I know this is kind of an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone figured out where the "Awesome Customized Car" is actually liked via GUID in the restorable car's package - I can't seem to find it.