Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smarter Lights (Enhanced version of Dizzy2's "SmartLights") *v.2.1 (19 OCT 2008)*

by Numenor Posted 4th Sep 2006 at 1:06 AM - Updated 19th Oct 2008 at 10:18 PM by Numenor : v.2.1: improvements and update to Apartment Life

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 203 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Forum Resident
#2 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:11 AM
Excellent job! Looks very nice. Thank you, numenor!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#3 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:11 AM
Woot great thank you! I am so happy to see outdoor light support and further enhancements to this great game mod =)

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:16 AM
Nice job! But arent you on vacation? Im confused

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:26 AM
Ya! I have the smarter lights, just got it a few days ago and i'm like whoa! An update of it already ... okie doke i'll stop rambling, but thanks! :D

Smooch the Grey Hound!:
here
Forum Resident
#6 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:45 AM
Thank you soo much for this!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:06 AM
I really needed something like this today! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:20 AM
As one who uses Gunmod's Lighting and gets frustrated by that twilight/sunrise time of mid-darkness as well as the pitch black bathrooms in the middle of the house that Sims stumble around in... THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
This is the perfect companion to that beautiful lighting mod!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:24 AM
Thank you

Visit my AVON Website.Shipped direct to your door:http://www.youravon.com/kathrynsmith
Stop the Junk, save a trunk :
http://www.USJunkMail.com/overview....er=KATHRYNS0136
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:50 AM
Thanks, I wasn't really happy with how all those lights were on in the house in the middle of the night - even when sims were sleeping... This should add some realism to the game.

I have been retired from Simming for years now. I actually can't believe my work is still up after about 8 years and being downloaded. Lots of memories from the game and this website; these creations are a snapshot of a time in my life. Please continue downloading and enjoy.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:50 AM
Wow. The Modfather has done it again! Thanks!

Im megas3300 and I approve this message.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 2:52 AM
this makes the game much better w/Gunmod's Lighting, thank you very much

Thanks 4 sharing ur Hard work of art w/us.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 3:50 AM
Oh thank you so much! I hate having to turn on/off individual lights...drives me nuts...lol.
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:44 AM
Thank you sooo much! Your hacks are so useful and really enhance the game! I use GunMod's lighting and I was also bothered that I always had to turn on the lights when it was 6 pm. Thanks!! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:54 AM
Thanks! The best thing about this site has got to be finding amazing mods like this one.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 8:13 AM
I'm assuming this is compatible with GunMod's "Radiance Light System," so I'll give it a try!
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 9:44 AM
Funny, I was just yesterday thinking that I really want that kind of outdoor light system, when the vampire grandfather of one of my families was tending the garden an the lights turned themselves off at 2am...

Thank you so much for this
Field Researcher
#18 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 12:20 PM
This all makes so much more sence then what the game originally does with the lighting. I'm so glad that both you and Dizzy cared enough to look into this.
Greatly appreciated!!
Instructor
#19 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:47 PM
I'm still not using Gunmod's mod (too dark), but I appreciate this mod nonetheless.
The way outdoor lighting works in the base game has always annoyed me.
Scholar
#20 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 1:52 PM Last edited by debwilldo : 4th Sep 2006 at 1:59 PM.
I have fallen in love with your mind.
Thank you for this and for everything else that you've shared with MTS2.

ps- this will go well w/GunMod's lighting which I really like. I read a post where someone thought radience lighting too dark; indoors (w/o lamps,etc.) on the east coast in fall/winter can get dark quickly. For me, GunMod's hack adds realism.

"What we say is good for nothing, if we say nothing for good.".
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#21 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:00 PM
I will try it!
Thanks!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 4th Sep 2006 at 4:53 PM
Numenor, if this is what you come up with when you are on vacation then we are going to have to give you holidays more often! Thankyou so much, I loved Dizzy's Smart lights and I'm going to love this too!
Field Researcher
#23 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:19 PM
this guy are an hero of our time :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 6:32 PM
Max, I'm not sure that the on/off timing is the one you requested, but it's a good approximation, anyway

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 9:09 PM
this mod is great. I love it. thank you :-)

I use the radiance light system 2.2

and its all much darker now.....when my sims enter a dark room during the day time the lights are not turned on when they come into the dark room and I cannot see anything at all.

is this because of this mod of cos of the radiance light system 2.2 ? hm ?!?

so during the day time I have to turn on many of the lights manually cos its too dark in most of the rooms even in rooms with window.

but at the evening everything works fine with the smart lights. I also love how you managed the outside lights :-) thank you
Page 1 of 9