Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 4:43 AM
Roofs are pretty tricky. Play around with them on a test lot/house until you get the hang of how they work and how they should look. Its really tough getting them to look just right, but just play around with them until you feel confident enough to apply them to a house.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 9:48 AM
Absolutely totally awesome! Thanks a lot! I wanna build some houses now!
I just got into building, so this has been a great help!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 16th Nov 2006 at 5:34 PM
i think you uplode the home that you used in the tutorialand the tutorial was the best

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Test Subject
#29 Old 24th Nov 2006 at 9:22 PM
The transformation is amazing. I loved this guide or tutorial because I have been having trouble figuring out the customized roofing thing but you made it really clear on what to do and how to do it. I really like this tutorial. Great Job !!
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Nov 2006 at 8:59 PM
Oh Boy!, was I really that lazy when it came to house-building? - yep!, guess I was... Now thanks to you, I'm inspired to try that little bit harder - many thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share this useful tutorial with us!.

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Dec 2006 at 11:16 PM
Im glad many of you have found this useful... Im thinking about writing a small tutorial about how to use custom roofs; do you guys think that would be helpful as well?

Test Subject
#32 Old 5th Dec 2006 at 11:45 PM
I love this tutorial, and I defnitely think a tutorial on using custom roofs would be amazing, especially if it had such clear pictures as this one.
Test Subject
#33 Old 17th Dec 2006 at 8:13 AM
I know the point was to build our own houses and avoid just downloading, but is it possible for me to download the house shown in the tutorial? It looks amazing!

Can you please message me your answer?
Thanks,
Zally

Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time

My Website!
Email me
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 8:22 AM
I love how you showed us how to make something so gorgeous so simply and, best of all, with no cheats required! Thanks alot.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 21st Dec 2006 at 7:39 PM
boolPropped great tips i would like it very much if you make tutorial about how to use custom roofs
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 5:22 AM
alien you can find the tutos in the main page (upper section) and here : http://www.sims2wiki.info/Tutorials..._Mode_Tutorials

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 9:41 PM
thanks patul
Test Subject
#38 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 12:42 PM
Thank you so much! your tutorial is very cool and useful !

----------------->>My Creations<<-----------------

.:: Alessia ::.
Test Subject
#39 Old 25th Jan 2007 at 3:38 PM
I really enjoyed that tutorial, but...I think one for custom roofs would be even more helpful - did you ever decide if you are (or aren't) going to do that?
Test Subject
#40 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 7:26 PM
Read it over seems like a awesome tutorial, too bad all the images are kaput. Wish I had come across this sooner. >_<
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 9:40 AM
Yeah same.
It would of been excellent if the pictures were still available.
Other than that, it was really good.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 12:54 AM
The pictures are still available, Ive just exceeded my bandwidth for the month. The pictures should be up in less than a week. Thanks for your patience everyone

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:36 PM
Seems like an awesome tutorial, I wish the photobucket bandwidth weren't exceeded. Ah well. Maybe I'll come back at the beginning of March and be able to see it? I'm not sure when photobucket's bandwidth rolls over.
Test Subject
#44 Old 25th Feb 2007 at 4:49 PM
yay boolpropped! i never thought i'd end up looking at something like this but i thought it might helpme spruce up the boring houses i ussally use and it gave me some very good ideas thankies!
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Feb 2007 at 2:27 PM
Great tutorial , most of my houses are of the boxy persuasion. With this and a few other's I'm pretty sure I can start making some not-so 'boxy' homes keep up the good work.

Quote:
Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color.
-Don Hirschberg
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:24 PM
Yep that square is a peice of junk but i started building uniqe houses when i was a newbie to the sims series! I hope i can Upload things again soon

B.B.s Back!!! See this Thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=264996
Keep your eyes peeled for my new medieval goodies set
P.S. I will Not be Retiring
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:48 PM
Good to know that everyone is still finding this tutorial useful! More so now that the pictures are showing up

Lab Assistant
#48 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 11:38 PM
Thanks! I'm always scouting out tutorials for better home building, and this is one of the best one's I've seen.

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 3:16 AM
this is a good guide ty for making it cause it showed me sum stuff i didnt know before, like the things with the roofs. rawr o.o

◊●◊●◊●◊
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by boolPropped
sidneydoj... The red you see for some of the roofs was done by Photoshop. As far as I know, there is not a way to get different color roofs (ie two or more patterns) on one lot. Sorry!

bronson6666... The roof shapes youre asking about were included in Open For Business. I HIGHLY recommend that Expansion Pack

can i just say that i dont know in what game of sims2 but you could cange the roof color

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Page 2 of 5