Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Navy Officer Uniforms - Whites, Blues, & Dress Whites

by Ultraboy2k Posted 27th Oct 2006 at 1:16 PM

44 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:39 PM
Default wow. :)
After having been in the U.S. Navy, I can tell you that these are really really good. Thanks for sharing!

always,
Tatiyana

Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall; but by those who fought, fell, and rose again. --Ralph Waldo Emerson
Forum Resident
#3 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 9:49 PM
YOu did great.

Thank you for sharing,
Makai

Live Well
Laugh Often
Love Much

"If you don't live for something...You'll die for nothing.."
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 11:59 PM
I´m a big JAG-fan too so many thanks for sharing! Maybe you´ve something to dress for the ladies as well so Mag can join the party?
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 12:35 AM
Great work! I love military uniforms
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 1:31 PM
Thank you so much! I love the Navy and especially their uniform (well, to be honest I absolutely LOVE nearly every kind of military uniforms *gg*). Thanks again! *hug*
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 2:19 PM
I'd love to see this done with the other branches as well, specifically the Air Force. You did a great job here.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 2:34 PM
good work.

Guilded by faith...probly....or was it...rly?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 5:31 PM
Wow, you totally rock. After I did one uniform, (for my Honor Harrington sim) I was weary and irritated. That you did so many is amazing! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 8:35 PM
Thanks to all for the positive feedback. Female versions are on the way for the service dress blues, and I hope to finish the summer and dress whites for the ladies in the next couple of days.

I'm thinking about doing a SimNavy career as well, though I pretty much have no idea how. I see there are a few tutorials, now I'll just have to actually READ them.
Test Subject
#11 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 3:48 AM
Nice work from what I can see here! Are these everyday adult clothing? For some reason, they don't seem to be showing up when I try to buy them at the store.
Instructor
#12 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ultraboy2k
Thanks to all for the positive feedback. Female versions are on the way for the service dress blues, and I hope to finish the summer and dress whites for the ladies in the next couple of days.

I'm thinking about doing a SimNavy career as well, though I pretty much have no idea how. I see there are a few tutorials, now I'll just have to actually READ them.

That would be one of the best career one could do. There have been some navy and pilot one but all without uniform or just taken from the Maxi's military. Ok, I am not complaining as I would not be able to do it myself. If you could learn how to and there are many that could help you, that uniform should be utilized to its max, its that good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Redd
Nice work from what I can see here! Are these everyday adult clothing? For some reason, they don't seem to be showing up when I try to buy them at the store.

Hmm, there should be dress blues and short-sleeve whites in everyday adult, and dress whites in formal adult. (All male of course) They're all based off of base game meshes AFAIK so there shouldn't be any trouble.
Test Subject
#14 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 4:51 PM
Hehe, thank you, now I can make my boyfriend and he can have his uniform on.

Well kinda, he's Royal Navy but who really cares when it's a man in uniform?!

A Navy Career would be great too, make things much more realistic.

Test Subject
#15 Old 31st Oct 2006 at 9:28 PM
Ultraboy, go ahead... maybe think about a JAG career so you can use your uniforms as well!
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 12:59 AM
thank you for these now to bad they wouldnt do the sarah mackenzie and harmon rabb jr i requested with pictures a while ago * sighs*
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ultraboy2k

I did a Galactic Navy career already with all the ranks in place. If you want me too, I can just re-write the job descriptions to modern day and we could collaborate on the chance cards (which is the biggest part of the job) Adding the custom uniforms is one part I haven't figured out yet, but maybe we could work through this together?
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 8:59 PM
Hmm hmm hmm... one little question? Did you use special mesh? Think so I did everything correct with the installation but I´ve just one of the white uniforms in the game instead of the whole range.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 11:09 PM
Well, I never saw JAG cuz I live in France but I love military uniforms and these ones are wonderful. I did a Blue Military Cap who could probably be a wonderful couple with your unifom.

Here is the link. I don't want do do advertising.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=194388
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stan_caiman
Hmm hmm hmm... one little question? Did you use special mesh? Think so I did everything correct with the installation but I´ve just one of the white uniforms in the game instead of the whole range.

Hey you're lucky! You got at least one uniform showing up. Me... i don't have any of the uniforms anywhere, not in the casual or formal, adult or other...

I installed the CEP, the uniforms are unpacked and ready...
Does anyone else have this problem? And what's the sollution?

I'll try placing the packages in the root downloads folder, maybe that'll fix it although after Nightlife EP that shouldn't be an issue. It would be a shame if such wonderful creations weren't accessible in the game...
Field Researcher
#21 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 2:45 AM
I can't get the uniforms to show up, either. Did anyone ever figure this out???

"Don't harsh my melon." -- Alexis Denisof
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord_Morgan
I'll try placing the packages in the root downloads folder, maybe that'll fix it although after Nightlife EP that shouldn't be an issue. It would be a shame if such wonderful creations weren't accessible in the game...

That's good because I have Nightlife, and just expanded to OFB.
I am a man of the Military, even though my asthma prevents it. Although, My sim looks cute in uniform. ooo I'm sexy! 5 stars and yeah, a Navy career would be nice.
Test Subject
#23 Old 25th Nov 2006 at 9:12 AM
I tried clearing my DL folder, reinstalling CEP and uniform packages. still nothing... anyone got any ideas?

The United States of America.
Where liberty is a statue and patriotism is trusting your covernment.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 11:30 PM
I was about to ask the same thing, like do we have to put certain files in another folder?
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Dec 2006 at 2:33 AM
Hey there, I'm having trouble downloading the uniforms,
I contiunally get the mesage "it does not appear to be a valid archive"
Anybody else get this mesage?
Thanks
Kitty

Kazuya Mishima: Well, you never really forget about being thrown in a volcano.
Page 1 of 2