Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dana Modular Sofa

by blake_boy Posted 7th Dec 2006 at 9:15 AM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 9:58 PM by -Maylin-

191 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:18 AM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 7th Dec 2006 at 9:36 AM.
Oh my this is awesome! So stylish and sleek ( ops i hope that's the correct word if not sorry lol) Thanks for sharing!

btw: you should let others see how great this is by editing the post ( no pic showing in uploads )

You will find my older and newest creations here
Forum Resident
#3 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:37 AM
Wow this is extremely AWESOME !!! I saw your thread in the "Object Creation and Texturing" area and have been waiting ever since i saw it to come out. Thank you for such a wonderful creation, it's amazing for your first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:39 AM
haha, yep, stylish and sleek is how I liked it. Thanks for the feedback. Ive added a pic up front
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:55 AM
those are gorgeous, thank you!

By the way, your graphics are AMAZING!

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 9:56 AM
Fantastic and awsome and very stylish!!! Nice recolours too. Thank your for sharing.
Space Pony
#7 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 10:07 AM
:wow Those are gorgeous !! *swoon* *swoon*

Thanx so much for sharing ! *smooch*

Silvi
Test Subject
#8 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 10:13 AM Last edited by Goldenbow : 7th Dec 2006 at 10:32 AM.
Wonderfully done! Give yourself a big hug for me! ummm...dude.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 10:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alayaya
those are gorgeous, thank you!

By the way, your graphics are AMAZING!

These help :

transparent mirror reflection at:

http://www.muranomobilia.com/

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 10:40 AM
Apologies for leaving out credit to the awesome Teko and his reflective flooring. Isn't he a genius?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:03 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 7th Dec 2006 at 11:27 AM.
This set is beautiful - the design for the couches is lovely, nice and sleek and modern but capable of being made to look retro or traditional with a retexture. Your screenshots are great, and really showcase exactly what your set is capable of... It's just shame that got that poly count. I'm not really sure where you're hiding all those polys on these, as they look fairly straight-lined.

There's some rounding of the edges, the detail around the cushion, and on the legs, but it seems like 1600 polys for the pieces might not be a bit high, especially considering they are made to be used repeatedly. Certainly, the counts aren't outrageous, but on pieces that you use over and over, a lower count is generally better, and allows players more leeway on more decorative, complex items they will likely only use one or two of. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em, I just think a bit of reduction in count wouldn't reduce the look in game too much.

They are certainly still beautiful and I will likely still get a lot of use out of them - but probably not near as much (like, all the freaking time) as I might have had they been a bit more toward the 800-poly-per-tile level.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#12 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:04 AM
What the cheesecake this is super absolutly amazing, it looks amazingly real OMG WOW!

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:15 AM
WONDERFUL! Where to find the other objects you've used in your screenshots?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:38 AM
AWESOME! - It should be featured! I would also like those lights where can I get those?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:40 AM
HystericalParoxysm- Yep, thanks for the feedback, i was expecting the poly count to be a problem, I just didn't have an idea by how much. Ill look into trying to reduce the poly count, but don't count on it, ill have to see how busy i will be with work
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:46 AM
I don't know if it's really a -problem- exactly. They're not outrageously high poly by any stretch. It's just the one detail that was a little off, especially compared to the rest of it - the shapes, textures, presentation, and overall ooooh usefulness.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:43 AM
These are beautiful! First object, you must be an artist at heart! Thank you for sharing. And btw, where did you get the wall surfboards if I may ask??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 11:50 AM
I made the surfboards for my gf, she's a keen surfer Anyway, I'm still working on the other objects in the screenshots; surfboards, coffee table, table lamp. If all goes well, be on the lookout, i might be uploading them within the next few days.
Scholar
#19 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:01 PM
Such a beautiful sofa! Love it.Love the feet,the cushions (so pretty!),the colors.You did agreat job and created a masterpiece.THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Space Pony
#20 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:23 PM
A M A Z I N G !

SHOPxADDICTED

Like to see more, click here !
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:46 PM
Wooo, Great!
Great idea, thanks for sharing!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:47 PM
Brilliant work! Thanks
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 12:59 PM
Fantastic!!I love it!! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM
Dude, these so Rock! Very elegant and chic, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Dec 2006 at 1:13 PM
Thanks!!! This is sooo awesome!!! :]

♥ :) LJ
Page 1 of 8