Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dinnerware - Default Replacements

by Morague Posted 16th Jun 2007 at 1:48 PM - Updated 29th Jun 2007 at 6:37 AM by Morague

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 1:55 PM
I love these, thankyou!! Its great to have a variety of different colored plates and these are great!!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:00 PM
Thanks I just so tired of seeing those horrible yellow & white plates! It took awhile to get this done because the textues all had to be remapped but.... they came out really well, so I am happy.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:15 PM
Ah. The only problem is going to be choosing which color I want! But it's nice to know I can always change them around to suit the season.

Thank you!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:54 PM
Thank you so much! I got tired too of those Maxis-dinnerware.
I like the blue-checkered one!
Scholar
#6 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 2:55 PM
Thank you! I'm not big on global mods, but I do love to see some realism in Sims (Even though it's supposed to be one of those Non-Realistic Life-Imitating Games)
Test Subject
#7 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:00 PM
thank you very much for sharing these plates ..i'm always lookin for new styles to change it up ... nice to add some colour also to the table :D
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:26 PM
oh, what a nice idea! i like the blackedge replacement the most...
thanks a lot for creating and sharing, morague!!!
Scholar
#9 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 3:53 PM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing them.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:29 PM
cool idea! i was so fed up with the maxis ones!

"Tout ce qui ne te tue pas te rend fort"
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 7:51 PM
YES! Thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 8:02 PM
I don't quite understand how to use these. If I can only have one installed at a time what will happen if I put more then one of the package files in my downloads folder?

Do I have to have Sim PE for this to work?
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 10:08 PM
fantastic!

just the other day i was thinking... man these default plates look cheap and ugly. thanks for reading my mind and making some fabulous alternatives.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 11:24 PM
Gwenchanter,

You put only one of the packages into your download folder. You can download the others, but store them somewhere else. When you want to change colors, move the one from your download folder & put in a different one.

You do not need SimPE to use these. You only need SimPE if you want to make different colors or patterns. Not everyone will like the colors I did, so I supplied the base white color to make it easier for people who want to, to make their own colors. If you are happy using one of my replacements then you don't need to do anything other than download it & put it in the download folder. But only one in the download folder at a time
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 1:35 AM
This is absolutely fantastic! I love the colors! Thanks so much!

--green

It's a neighborhood legacy
Field Researcher
#16 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 8:38 AM
Looks very nice & realistic, Thanks for sharing!!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 1:22 PM
This need to be featured!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 12:33 PM
This is a splendid idea!! Thank you for these options to replace the existing colours!
hexameter
Forum Resident
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 11:21 PM
I love these thanks!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 2:03 PM
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 5:34 AM
Thank you very much for these. I really like the blue-white checkerboard pattern. I've been thinking of the default dinnerware and how they were too plain. Great idea indeed.

I do have one question though. Is it possible to recolor the utensils the sims use when they eat? They're silver by default but is it possible to make them gold or some other color?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#22 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:19 AM Last edited by Morague : 29th Jun 2007 at 6:42 AM.
cool_kyan

The blue-white checker pattern is what we have here at home - it is my favorite, too

I've attached EatingUtensils for you. This one changes the color to gold, but you can easily chage it to whatever you want. It's just one texture for the knife, fork & spoon

It may not affect the birthday cake fork - looking through all of the utensils, I noticed that the birthday cake fork is included with the actual birthday cake texture, but it will work on the regular eating knife, for & spoon.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 9:31 PM
love them! i downloaded the green first, that being my favorite color... but i think i'll have to switch to blue. everytime i see the green plates, i think my food is spoiled. XD
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 2:54 PM
Oh, wow! I was bored of the original game plating and just by chance I happened upon these epitomes of good dinner-ware! I downloaded the blue checkered coloured one because I have a Victorian family of Sims and this shall fit perfectly. I would like to congratulate your talent because those ordinary ones were soporific.
Instructor
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 7:01 AM
These are awesome! I've never actually downloaded plate replacements because I didn't like them well enough. Thank you for making these, they're absolutely perfect!
Page 1 of 2