Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:52 PM
I have simPE, but I can't find wizards of simPE. How do i get that?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:40 PM
I recolored a maxis couch, and the recolors are in my downloads folder, but they won't show up in game. Any idea of why this is?
Test Subject
#28 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:49 PM
Duh never mind i'm stupid. I was looking for the actual couch in the sofa section, I didn't think of clicking on the couch I recolored. Duh!
Test Subject
#29 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hamster_sim
I have simPE, but I can't find wizards of simPE. How do i get that?

I had to go in manually to find the Wizards. Browse for and open your Sim PE folder and you should see the shortcut/icon there... I right click the Wizards icon and send the shortcut to my desktop. :P
Test Subject
#30 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Samtian
Can you use paint?

My recommendation is the Corel Photoshop.. its simple, easy and fun.. gives a tutorial for everything you could possibly want to click on to explain what it does, as a side toolbar at all times.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 6:56 PM
Thanks,
there's a table in the game that I REALLY hate the colors it's available in, but I really want to use it because of its shape and the legs of the table and all.

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:33 PM
wait, the new recolor I made won't show up in Wizards of SimPE. Where am I supposed to put the PNG. image?? You said "tutorials folder", but I don't get that part. And not a lot of people have tutorial folders!

ENTJ
Field Researcher
#33 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
wait, the new recolor I made won't show up in Wizards of SimPE. Where am I supposed to put the PNG. image?? You said "tutorials folder", but I don't get that part. And not a lot of people have tutorial folders!

6- When it loads select the first texture and click export and export the image to you tutorial folder, do the same to the other one.

Select one texture, and click in export. Don't close SimPE.

Step 11- Now save, go back to the wizard and select each image and choose import, and import your images

After you edited the image, save in any folder easy to find (like Desktop or My Docs), go back in SimPE and click in Import. Then follow steps 12, 13, 14 and 15

It's alright to make mistakes you're only human. Inside everybody's hiding something. Take time to catch your breath and choose your moment. Don't slide.
Test Subject
#34 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 4:45 AM
omg thank u!!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Feb 2009 at 5:34 AM
This was so easy! Thank you for writing the tutorial!
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 9:45 PM
I cant believe im stuck already! lol
ok this is just tipical ME! but...

on the wizards of SimPE program, when it says "3" in the top right corner (i THINK thats step 5 on this tutorial not sure though) and when you have to select the boxes then the first image ect, my first image is not the same as on the tutorial... i thought maby it was just the picture but when i clicked next the next pictures were different too im quite confused am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any help given! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karlsibabe
ok this is just tipical ME! but...

on the wizards of SimPE program, when it says "3" in the top right corner (i THINK thats step 5 on this tutorial not sure though) and when you have to select the boxes then the first image ect, my first image is not the same as on the tutorial... i thought maby it was just the picture but when i clicked next the next pictures were different too im quite confused am i doing something wrong?

thanks for any help given! :D

Maybe you chose another object?
Test Subject
#38 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:19 AM
Thank you very much for this tutorial!

YOU HAVE JUST BEEN INFECTED WITH A TOXIC VIRUS CALLED STUPIDITY.EXE. :D
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 5:26 PM
thanx! but ive got one question, where do i find a van mesh like the ones npcs use? im making a band so i need to get them a ride
Test Subject
#40 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 1:53 PM
None of the objects works! All of them says ''This object can't be recolored. Yet.''
Why!?
After all object's it says ''cached'' too!? :O

Please help!
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:34 PM
When choosing which object I want to recolor, not all of the Maxis Objects shows up as well as the pictures that should be above them like it should. Do I need to download anything? Help please?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 16th May 2009 at 12:12 PM
Okay, so here's my issue. Althought, I should probably say awesome tutorial first. K. For some reason my recolor of the drum set is showing up ingame beautifully. BUT, I can't find the file(s) anywhere on my computer. I even tried packaging a 1x1 lot with the drum with the recolor on it and it dosen't show.

Any ideas? Cause I'm totally clueless.
Test Subject
#43 Old 23rd May 2009 at 3:39 PM
I went to the download page, but I don't know what to install. There's a lot of different things.
Test Subject
#44 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by danieeel31
None of the objects works! All of them says ''This object can't be recolored. Yet.''
Why!?
After all object's it says ''cached'' too!? :O

Please help!

the same thing happens to me too
Test Subject
#45 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
Sorry dont know if this is the right Place to post but i am having the same problem with the tutorial my counter is only show 2 images in counter top not like in the tutorial and i dont have the deluxe Pack if any one know how to help that will be a big thanks also mixed and jumbled not as neat as the tutorial catagorey
Test Subject
#46 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
This is really great for beginners, it's very easy to understand. I used this as my first SimPE tutorial (with the GIMP, which is awesome). Great Job!

"Wisdom is not the product of schooling, but the lifelong attempt to acquire it." - Albert Einstein
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 8:24 AM
I can't find it in my downloads folder, but I might not be checking right. I'll check in game and report back.

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedtee23
i do have university, but this counter is still not showing up. my first box under options is also different. it says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\

If i try to change it, it just reverts back.

You should instead select the folder for the last EP you installed. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#49 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM
Okay, so i have a few questions.

I recolored a bunch of shower curtains, and they worked fine in the game for a few minutes. Then, they started flashing blue and when I re-opened the game, some of them were just gone. Two remained, however, and I don't know why. I recolored all using the same method. (opened in Paint, recolored partially in Irfanview, and then put back together and saved in Paint.) I realize I should probably use a better program, but would that really help, or is there some other problem?

Also, I've tried and tried to recolor this one bed frame, and it just refuses to show up in the game. It's like I never recolored it at all. I've done it multiple times, I've remembered to import and everything.

(Sorry, no screenshots because I'm using a different computer than the game is actually on)
Test Subject
#50 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 1:44 AM
Hi! Great tutorial! I just have one question: How do I uninstall SimPE if I ever need to? It's just that I can't find a button that says "Uninstall" as the Sims2PackCleanInstaller does.
Page 2 of 5