Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Baskerville -- Neighbourhood complete with lots

by plasticbox Posted 21st Jul 2007 at 12:27 AM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:15 AM by plasticbox

210 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 197 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:01 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:56 PM.
Lot #1 -- 1 Way Out

Starter farmhouse, 1BR 1BA + spare room, with garden

Price: 19.678§
Lot size: 2x4

Small starter house outside the town, on a relatively large lot, built for easy expansion. This includes a Seasons garden; if your sims move in with 20.000 they will have just enough money left to plant it with tomatos right away. The garden doesn't look large, but for the couple that I tested it with it was already a full-time job (she became pregnant immediately, which made things a little harder -- still I don't think that sims with no badges would be able to handle much more).

The stairs in the hallway currently don't lead anywhere, I just've put them in for later expansion (you can simply copy the downstairs floorplan for the first floor).

One driveway in front of the house, car not included.

Lot #2 -- 1 Blackoak Lane

2BR 1BA

Price: 63.624§
Lot size: 2x4

Family house with garden and greenhouse, furnished for 2-3 sims, two empty spare rooms in the basement (outside access only). Fully furnished including two cars parked in front of the house; enough space for a little roadside stand if your sims want to open a simple home business selling their garden produce.

--
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:01 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:56 PM.
Lot #3 -- 4 Birch Alley

2BR 2BA + spare room

Price: 36.940§
Lot Size: 1x4

Small two-story house for up to 3 or 4 sims (5 would be the absoute maximum if you use the basement as additional double bedroom), with nicely maintained garden, pool and garden gnome. One car can park in front of the house, car included.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:47 PM.
Lot #4 -- 5 Birch Alley

Starter house, 1BR 1BA + spare room, with garden

Price: 19.812§
Lot Size: 1x4

Small old-fashioned country house, furnished for 1-2 sims, one spare room. This has only a shower bath, so it won't make toddlers (or their parents) too happy unless you put a bathtub somewhere else .. actually, it would be possible to enlarge the basement a bit and cut off an additional bathroom from it. This has a Seasons garden; if your sims start with 20.000 they will have just enough money left to plant the garden when they move in. Parking for one car in front of the house, car not included.

You will need MaryLou's global light fix for the 2-tile OpenMe windows I've used in this house (or replace them with other windows), otherwise it will be pitch dark inside.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:43 PM.
Lot #5 -- 6 Birch Alley

Starter house, 1BR 1BA + spare room

Price: 19.866§
Lot Size: 2x4

Starter house on a relatively large lot, furnished for 1-2 sims, open kitchen/dining/living on the ground floor, small garden porch. Sparsely furnished, the garden is just bare grass. Two driveways (cars not included) in front of the house.

You will need MaryLou's global light fix for the 2-tile OpenMe windows I've used in this house (or replace them with other windows), otherwise it will be very dark inside.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:02 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:01 PM.
Lot #6 -- 7 Birch Alley -- School

with apartment: 1BR 1BA + spare room

Price: 94.123§
Lot Size: 2x4

A school building with an apartment for the teacher so this can be run as a residential lot. The school is situated opposite the playground, in the middle of the residential part of the town.

On the ground floor is an open hall where the kids can spend their breaks, do homework and eat lunch, a bathroom, and the entrance to the teacher's apartment with kitchen and spare room. Downstairs are the bedroom and bathroom of the apartment as well as another break/play room for the pupils, upstairs are two class rooms, one of them furnished as an art/music room (if you squeeze the kids a little, you could also make this a dormitory and turn the wole thing into a boarding school).

In the yard is a sports field and an apple tree orchard (I've put a juicer in the hall) with a small garden next to it. Two cars can park outside the yard, one car included.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:45 PM.
Lot #7 -- 3 Birch Alley

Starter house, 2BR 2BA

Price: 19.985§
Lot Size: 2x1

Small but relatively well equipped starter, furnished for 2-3 sims. Comes with TV and chess board on top of the usual starter equimpent; has no garden but looks out on the quiet and green Birch Alley in front and a neighbour's garden in the back. One driveway next to the house, car not included, everything else is as on the screenshots.

Lot #8 -- 1 Short Way

Starter house, 1BR 1BA

Price: 19.993§
Lot Size: 1x2

Short Way is really short: there is only one house on it. Very exclusive address.

This house is a starter for 1-2 sims, no room for kids. Pretty porch and balcony in front, looking out on the playground; in the back there is another porch where your sims can enjoy the view of the neighbours' gardens (they don't have one of their own, if you don't count the flowerbeds in front -- on the overview screenshots there is still a fenced-in lawn but I removed that to keep the price under 20.000. Maybe a project for a green thumb sim?).

Parking for one car in front, car not included. Playtested for a week with two fortune sims, no problems found (except that I didn't know anymore what to do with all those Dining Chairs For At Least 400§ they wanted to buy all the time ...).

--
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:56 PM.
Lot #9 -- Playground with public toilet and grill

Price: 12.572§
Lot Size: 3x1

Public playground at the end of the town, opposite the school where the open fields start. If you expand Baskerville, this will be a good location in the middle of the residential area I think. Equipped with swings, some toys, two grills with seats and tables in the shadow of a big tree, and a public toilet hut -- a very useful lot for poor sims (if you want to be extra nice to them, you could swap one of the toilets for a shower).

Lot #10 -- Cemetary

Price: 45.553§
Lot Size: 3x2

Spooky little cemetary at the end of town, next to the flower store. The gravestones are from frillen's collection listed in the main post and purely decorative: there will be no ghosts on this lot until you move in some actual dead sims. Has room for 74 graves if I'm counting right, includes a little shed with toilets, a wishing well (in order to be fair to the sims who don't have a garden, I thought), and some monuments of important former residents near the entrance.

--
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:01 PM.
Lot #11 -- 1 Birch Alley

Home business (Flower store), 1BR 2BA

Price: 38.409§

Small but nicely equipped house with a store on the ground floor -- since it's next door to the grave yard, I made this a flower store. This will only be large enough for a single sim or couple: upstairs is one double bedroom, a private bathroom (the one downstairs can be made accessible from the store by moving the door around, if you want customers to be able to use it), a hallway that doubles as a living room, and the kitchen with a beautiful view over the sea. Behind the house is a tiny garden; one car can park in the yard (driveway included).

I forgot about the funky magic clouds that the snapdragons make (I only put them in the store because I thought they look pretty) -- if you want to play without cheating, in order to remove the one in the bay window you need to pull the walls all the way down to be able to grab it (this goes for all things placed in Maxis bay windows .. not very obvious).

Playtested. Fully furnished as on the screenshots, except for the car (not included).

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:03 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:05 PM.
Lot #12 -- 1 Main Street

Starter house, 3BR 2BA + 2 spare rooms

Price: 19.973§
Lot size: 2x2

Spacious starter house: it looks somewhat run down and has probably seen better days; right now it's a real bargain for such an excellent location directly at the market. With some fresh paint and a little gardening effort, this could easily be turned into one of the nicest houses in town.

Open kitchen/dining/living on the ground floor, with a small room off the kitchen that is currently a nursery but would work well as a study too. Three bedrooms, a bathroom and an open living room upstairs, one empty room in the basement, empty garden with porch. Parking for two cars, cars not included.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:04 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:08 PM.
Lot #13 -- 2 Main Street

Starter house, 1BR 1BA + 1 spare room

Price: 19.992§
Lot size: 1x3

Small townhouse in the middle of Baskerville. If your sims are happy with just a small table and two chairs in the kitchen, the current livingroom could be used as a home business: the location directly at the market would be perfect for that.

Double bedroom and bathroom upstairs, with a landing that's just large enough for a couch and a TV; one empty room in the basement. Parking for two cars (not included) in the yard, the yard is empty otherwise except for one large tree and practically begging to be turned into a pretty garden -- a small porch with access from the kitchen is already there.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:04 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:14 PM.
Lot #14 -- 3 Main Street

Two apartments: 3BR 2BA furnished / 2BR 1BA unfurnished

Price: 100.489§

Currently the largest, and probably also the most representative house in town in a prime location directly at the market -- it's divided into two apartments but could easily be turned into a house for one large household as well: simply remove the walls that separate the upstairs hallway from the livingroom. Alternatively, one could use the downstairs part as a home business and have the private area upstairs.

Right now, downstairs is an open kitchen/dining/living room with a nursery off the kitchen and a hallway/study leading to the bathrooms and bedrooms. The front entrance goes directly into the living room, the back door leads to the hallway and from there outside. Quite a lot of stuff included: fireplace, piano, chess board, an easel and an above-average car.

The upstairs apartment is smaller but has a roof terrace (also accessible from the hallway, so it's not entirely private - but you can easily remove that door and make the upstairs hallway into an open gallery instead) with a nice view of the town center.

Two spare rooms in the basement, both empty. Parking for one car, car included.

--
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:04 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:17 PM.
Lot #15 -- 4 Main Street -- Hotel Baskerville

5 rooms, with restaurant and pub

Price: 163.594§
Lot size: 3x2

A place for the tourists to stay, and a place for the locals to go to when it's raining. This is a quite fashionable place for such a small town -- perhaps a witness of former glory. It is also home of the only elevator in Baskerville.

On the ground floor is the lobby, a breakfast room / restaurant, a terrace outside, and a small pub where your sims can get drunk in style and play darts or chess. Upstairs are five rooms: three single rooms, a double room, and a double suite with kitchenette; all of them with bathroom.

The kitchen of the restaurant is very small: on one occasion, the stove didn't generate a cook for me (for lack of space I would think), but the restaurant magically worked anyway. If this bothers you, I'd turn the kitchen into an additional bathroom and run the restaurant with the buffet only -- it's currently there so that any of the locals can "rent" this room for private gatherings (they have to pay for the buffet when they serve food on it).

There is room for one driveway in the yard, should you want to use this as a residential lot.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:22 PM.
Lot #16 -- 1 Road to Norway

Starter shack with home business (Yard sale), 1BR 1BA

Price: 19.925§
Lot size: 3x1

These guys are selling a very mixed bag of goodies in their yard -- kind of an extension of the market --, on the other side of the house they have a (hideously expensive!) outdoor grill set up with a table and a few chairs. Furnished for 1-2 sims, small showerbath, no spare rooms. Parking for one car, car included.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:29 PM.
Lots #17-#23 -- Market; Silly Monument

Prices:
Booth 1 -- Gardening Supplies: 10.170§
Booth 2 -- Empty: 619§
Booth 3 -- Empty: 963§
Booth 4 -- Clothes and Gifts: 14.126§
Booth 5 -- Fish: 4.161§ (Fish not included)
Booth 6 -- Empty: 619§
Monument: 9.398§

All lots are 1x1

This is the center of the town: a market made up of six booths, and a monument in the middle. The Gardening Supplies booth will only make sense as an owned lot (sims can't buy anything there otherwise), same goes for the Fish booth. The Clothes booth works nicely, however -- sims can even use the silly sunglasses, as I discovered during playtesting (I originally just put them there because this kind of market stand will invariably sell sunglasses).

The empty booths make excellent starter businesses, they're dirt cheap. All of them have a table, a cash register and lights pre-installed -- your sims only need to bring something to sell. They load really fast as well, even on my non-stellar machine, so they're great for sims to get out of the house more often.

--
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:30 PM.
Lot #24 -- Shops: Groceries / Cars / Electronic Entertainment

Price: 66.154§
Lot size: 3x3

Three shops in one: this will be most useful as an owned business (for the cars and electronics stores), but when it's a regular community lot sims can still buy groceries here, use the photo booth inside the car store/office (photos for the new license, I thought .. somehow it looked right in this store) or sneak into the electronics shop to watch TV or try out the pinball machine (I just pretend they're friends with the owner). I think they can also use the espresso machine and the radio that belongs to the car store (not tested).

Public toilet is in the back of the building. No cars included. In owned mode, it might get a little cramped inside the electronics store once business gets off the ground -- I'd probably move the pinball machine outside to spread things out.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:05 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:40 PM.
Lot #25 -- Public Bath

Price: 77.603§
Lot size: 3x3

A public bath for your sims. Outside is a pool, some chess sets and benches; inside is a locker/dressing room where your sims can fulfill their Public WooHoo wants (thanks to the little Lost-And-Found clothes hanger in the corner), a shower room and toilets (both unisex), and a gym area with hot tub. Looks a bit clinical, but this is an underfunded public institution, not a fancy spa.

In the hallway there's a reception desk that supposedly sells tickets (I haven't installed a ticket machine though), here your sims can also buy "softdrinks" (= groceries) and clothes from that Lost-And-Found corner (actually, why not buy a new swimsuit at a public bath? It's not all that unrealistic).

The metal railings in front are supposed to be bicycle stands, because going to a public bath by car is just decadent.

Community Lot Skilling hack (MATY I think) muchly recommended for this, otherwise there's no point in using the gym equipment.

During winter, one could remove the pool and put a large ice skating rink in its place (pretend the pool is frozen over, in other words) -- it's almost the same size.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:06 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:39 PM.
Lot #26 -- Town Hall / Community Center

Price: 135.114§

This is where the locals get together as a community, take part in meetings and pursue their hobbies together with others.

On the ground floor is a meeting hall, decorated with portraits of prominent members of the community, and a reception / information desk / cloakroom which is also a perfect place to sell stupid t-shirts to tourists. A back door leads to a covered terrace outside and to a small garden.

On the first floor is a library with public internet access, and a room where the local chess club is holding their competitions (with outdoor terrace).

One of the rooms on the top floor is used by the art club -- they've also set up a little lounge area on the landing --, the other room is currently an attic where all sorts of funky garbage is stored. Which is a shame actually, as this is probably the nicest room in town with a beautiful view over the sea on one side and the marketplace on the other.

This lot is very Backdoor Lane compatible.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:06 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM.
Lot #27 -- Roller Skating Rink with Café

Price: 70.428§
Lot size: 2x3

The outdoor café is in the front, next to the market, the rink in the back of the building with a separate entrance on the side where supposedly the tickets are sold (no ticket machine included -- this corner would be a good place for it, I think, if you want to try and run a lot with entrance fee and restaurant at the same time).

The building is very simple and looks a little shabby, despite its good location next door to the town hall. Inside is the kitchen of the café, bathrooms (accesible from the backside), and the office area of the skating rink (I pretend that the roller skates are stored in those dressers .. they surely must come from somewhere?). Sims can buy "refreshments" (groceries) here as well.

--
Screenshots
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:06 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:52 PM.
Lot #28 -- Mini Grill

Price: 24.476§
Lot size: 2x1

Small diner with grill, three tables and two seats at the counter. This is where the locals go for a quick lunch after shopping at the market (it's right at the end of the market, between the roller skating rink and the cars/electronics stores).

It's very pretty at night, as well, with the romantic lights at the tables -- see the "lotoverview_night" screenshot (I loved how that townie teenie couple autonomously sat down to have dinner together =). The last screenshot is also something that happened during playtesting: the waiter looks like he's trying really hard to impress that girl with whatever it is he's doing with that serving platter? Brain self-surgery?

Lot #29 -- 1 Bay Drive

Budget starter, 1BR 1BA

Price: 9.996§

Tiny trailer for a single sim or couple, under 10.000. Conveniently situated between the public bath and the roller skating rink, this is actually in a prime location -- it even has a (still) unobstructed view over the sea. Maybe this would be a good home for a mad scientist type sim? It will only work for someone who can bear a diet of sandwiches and salad in any case, and it comes with a telescope as the only luxury (currently pointed at the hallway of the community center next door).

Not playtested (but I don't really see how there should be a problem with this lot). I don't remember whether or not I've put a driveway on this lot, but there is enough space for one in any case. That or a small garden (or both even, if you rotate the driveway).

--
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:12 PM
WOW plasticbox! That is quite a work of art and a lot of work also. I'm amazed... totally stunned actually.
F A N T A S T I C ! Thank you very, very much

Retired from Simming
Forum Resident
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:17 PM
Have I mentioned that you're my hero? Well, now I did! Thanks for this mammoth task - must have taken ages! I plan to re-install my game, and this is a great way to get started.

*edit* - nengi's back? Knew you could not stay away for too long!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 4:21 PM
Hey nengi! You back? What a surprise =)

Thanks, glad you like it!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:26 PM
This is great! Especially since I only have those EPs installed right now Thanks!
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 5:32 PM
This is great!!!!!!! Thanks
Page 1 of 9