Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 12:18 PM
Quote:
Lol, i think i get it, but coud someone tell me where all of this is located

It's all in objects.package, under Program Files/EA GAMES/Sims 2/TSData/Res/Objects, and I recommend you make use of the group filter feature, because there's a LOT of stuff in there.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 4:17 PM
Default Need The File Under A zip
can you please make the testing file a zip please and thank you. :eek:
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 4:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfboy92390
can you please make the testing file a zip please and thank you. :eek:

Better yet, why dont you just download WinRar??????

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 4:26 PM
lol, i'll think i'll try it later!
Test Subject
#30 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 4:52 PM
Default Question
I did how do I do this now like how do I get to it. :confused:
Field Researcher
#31 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 6:53 PM
nice one.. i'll do a Tecnology career.. but my english is terrible, so i'll do it in italian
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 7:32 PM
wow! thanks...i understand SOME of it....oh well. i can always try. my mind is already rading with new career ideas. if anyone is better with computers but have no idea what career to make, talk to me...i have an overactive imagination. :D
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Dec 2004 at 9:59 PM
I have a question? What could cause the car pool to not pick a sim up? I created a career and it is almost ready to go.... The car pool does not come though. Weird. Thanks for any help on this, I am going to keep digging around.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DawnKeeper
I have a question? What could cause the car pool to not pick a sim up? I created a career and it is almost ready to go.... The car pool does not come though. Weird. Thanks for any help on this, I am going to keep digging around.

I've seen a couple of posts on this - my guess is that you may have an error in the vehicle guid (but you've probaly checked that).

To everyone else - it looks like I'm not going to be able to do much avout careers for at least a week - maybe someone else can help.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 2:35 AM
Well, for now I wont edit the vehicles part anymore.. Was really weird. Anyway I have reverted the vehicle part of the career back to the original. Which was the criminal career track so it works now. Thanks!
Test Subject
#36 Old 13th Dec 2004 at 3:28 AM
ok this is working out great. but can someone explain clearer how to edit the chance cards. not the text i get that, i dont get the numbers in Tuning Chance A/B Skill and Tuning Chance A/B Good.
also i dont get how to set Tuning Work Day Flags.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 6:46 PM
Default Couple questions
I think I'm finally getting it!! I have a working self-made career, almost entirely done! I do have a few questions, however. How do you change the days a sim works (I know where it is but I don't know what numbers to put in to get a desired day)? How do you go about making a custom icon for the career (I think I can replace it if I know how to make one that will be suitable)? And finally, is it possible to attach custom skins for use as career outfits? I know it wouldn't work for a downloadable thing (unless the outfits were included with creator permission), but for my own personal game. Thanks for any help! ~KG
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 14th Dec 2004 at 9:04 PM
Default Custom Career
Where do u place the career cos its not working in my game?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 4:08 AM
i don't really understand about the clothes...do we not know how to put new ones in yet?....and if so...how?... :slow:
#40 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 10:16 AM Last edited by Keane : 15th Dec 2004 at 10:32 AM.
Could I have the link to the list of objects and careers etc. in objects.package please.

Also, in which directory do I place a career I created?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nickmillard
Where do u place the career cos its not working in my game?

Downloads directory - same place as almost every thing else - try using the debug cheat (see wiki) on the newspaper - or the newspaper hack.

Quote: Originally posted by Fro99ie123
i don't really understand about the clothes...do we not know how to put new ones in yet?....and if so...how?... :slow:

No - we can't do it.

Quote: Originally posted by Keane
Could I have the link to the list of objects and careers etc. in objects.package please.

It's at the start of this thread
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:54 AM
I have almost finished my career, but I have a few things to figure out. I just need to know if these are mistakes in the tutorial, or whether I'm just misunderstanding.

Quote: Originally posted by bidou
v 1.1 - 7/12/04

0x17 - passing choice A for male sim.
0x18 - passing choice A for female sim.
0x19 - Fail choice A for male sim.
0x1A - Fail choice A for female sim.
0x1B - passing choice A for male sim.
0x1C - passing choice A for female sim.
0x1D - Fail choice A for male sim.
0x1E - Fail choice A for female sim.

[ Edited ]

Are half of them supposed to be B?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flonine
Are half of them supposed to be B?

Yep, whoops
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 6:24 PM
I have extracted all the base careers Adult and Teen/Elder and placed them into the Careers Beta Test area. Did this as part of my own learning process of SimPE and the game files. So if you want them you can go over there and grab them.

Now I can look at making careers on my own which seems to be about my speed for doing modding of the game. Got a ton of ideas now to put them into practice.

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 7:06 PM Last edited by Dutchy : 15th Dec 2004 at 7:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KLGFCG
How do you change the days a sim works (I know where it is but I don't know what numbers to put in to get a desired day)? How do you go about making a custom icon for the career (I think I can replace it if I know how to make one that will be suitable)?

Ok, here is how to deal with the days:
Write down the days for working like this: MXWXXSS (in this case my sim has the days off on Tuesday Thursday and Friday).
Reverse the week and put 1s below the working day and 0s on off:
SSXXWXM
Take the calculator from windows XP (I hope you have XP) and switch it to scientific. Click "Bin" checkbox and enter the number you've written down (1s and 0s), click on either "Dec" or "Hex" and fill in the apropriate number in SimPE.

Now for the icons, that's a different problem and I'm stuck with it too but here is what I do know:
Extract each icon with SimPE (works with 12p, I'm using), rename the *.jpg to *.tga, open in PaintShop or Photoshop or similar and edit to your liking. Rename them back and in SimPE replace them.
Now for the part that doesn't work... Once you've done that, the icon still has part of the old one through it.(At least for me it did). I think that it has to do with a link to the original career. Anyone an idea?

Cheers,
Dutchy
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 9:50 PM
Working through my first new career and just about to write up the chance cards. While I know how to do that looking ahead means I will have to actually get the proper rewards handed out. At this point the tutorial just lists a question mark for this whole area. Any more info on how this is handled? :confused:

"A man who keeps company with glaciers comes to feel tolerably insignificant by and by." Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:27 PM
Default Images
<<Now for the icons, that's a different problem and I'm stuck with it too but here is what I do know:
Extract each icon with SimPE (works with 12p, I'm using), rename the *.jpg to *.tga, open in PaintShop or Photoshop or similar and edit to your liking. Rename them back and in SimPE replace them.
Now for the part that doesn't work... Once you've done that, the icon still has part of the old one through it.(At least for me it did). I think that it has to do with a link to the original career. Anyone an idea?>>

With mucho thanks to Bobbling for the help, here's what I did to replace the icon. First, I found the image I wanted to use (in my case, free clipart... I can't make anything myself!!). I used Irfan View to resize the image to 36x36 (same as the career icon I was replacing) and saved the image as a .tga file. I then opened my career in SimPE and got to the part with the image. I only edited the second image in the list since that's the icon that shows in game. I right clicked and selected "replace." Then, I selected "all file types" from the pulldown menu on the bottom (it defaults to looking only for SimPE extracted files... screwed me up for a while trying to figure out why I couldn't find the image I wanted to use) and then selected the .tga image I made. Voila. Appearing icon in game. I'll post the my updated vampire career with icon later. Hope that helps a little tiny bit? Again, I'd have never gotten it without Bobbling's help. ~KG
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:45 PM
Default Sorry to double post...
<<Working through my first new career and just about to write up the chance cards. While I know how to do that looking ahead means I will have to actually get the proper rewards handed out. At this point the tutorial just lists a question mark for this whole area. Any more info on how this is handled? >>

Sorry to double post myself but I'll keep this all straighter in my head if I separate out the topics I'm talking about. The way I did this (and so far it seems to work when I've played) is first, go through all the options that say "Tuning - Chance - (A or B) - (Good or Bad) - (Skill or Money or Job Level) - (which skill, if relevant)" and zero them out. This prevents unintended rewards or consequences as you're testing things out. Then, I made a chart for each of my chance cards, listing what the reward or penalty is if the choice made passes or fails. Then, I find the appropriate area to input this. For example, Level 2 card Choice A passes, reward is two charisma points: go to Tuning - Chance - A - Good - Skill -Charisma and down to the appropriate blank for career level two. Then input 200 (always add the zeroes... one point = 100, two points = 200, etc. and save it. Add a minus sign in front of a deduction (lose one point = -100) under Tuning - Chance - A - Bad - (whatever). Money just goes in as is with a - if it's a loss (ie. 1000 or -1000). Job skills don't need the zeros, a promotion would be 1, a demotion would be -number of levels you wish to demote, and a firing would demote all levels (for example, to fire from level 4, input -4 in the appropriate area). The only think I'm not clear on is for money, if I input (for example) a reward of 50,000, SimPE cuts off the last zero when I save. Haven't managed to get one of those chance cards yet to see if 50,000 or 5000 is being given out, though the game has a five digit rewards, so I think there must be a way. Anyone have input on this? Thanks! ~KG
#49 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:56 PM
Thanks Dutchy, I get the days of the week now
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:01 AM
THanks KLGFCG - that really helps a lot. Been trying to work on it myself but with everyone else in the house at home kept on getting interrupted and would lose my train of thought and have to restart. I will give it another shot tomorrow when things are much quieter I think I need to actually play a bit to take a break.

Locked thread
Page 2 of 6