Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sherwani: Y/Adult and Adult Formal Wear for Males.

by t2suggas Posted 3rd Jul 2008 at 5:41 PM - Updated 4th Jul 2008 at 9:20 AM by t2suggas

22 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 4:19 AM
Gorgeous! The embroidery is sweet.

Okay, I'm a culturally ignorant clod, had to look this up on Wikipedia since I wasn't sure if it was Indian or Middle Eastern. At least I knew what a Shalwar Kameez was. Wiki quote follows:

"The Sherwani [originated] during the period of British India in 18th century, as a fusion of the Shalwar Kameez with the British frock coat. It was gradually adopted by most of the Indian aristocracy, mostly Muslim, and later by the general population, as a more westernized form of traditional attire. It is the national dress of Pakistan for men, as it is not specifically associated with any of the provinces. In India, it is generally worn for formal occasions in winter by those of North Indian descent, especially those from Uttar Pradesh and Hyderabadi muslims. Most government officials in South Asia wear the formal black Sherwani on state occasions, which in India is closely associated with the nation's first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. Many South Asian grooms wear them as wedding dress. Sherwanis are usually embroidered or detailed in some way. Also, in Pakistan, Sherwanis for women are becoming popular."

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 5:07 AM
thanks for that because I was equally ignorant!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 6:53 AM
CatOfEvilGenius -Thanks for your information

t2suggas - Thank you! Nice work!

«Kindness - quality, which surplus does not harm».
John Golsuorsi.
"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
Dorothea Lange
Instructor
#5 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:03 AM
t2suggas Thanks!
Thanks for the info CatOfEvilGenius

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:27 AM
Gorgeous! I have a need for more clothing for my Middle-Eastern 'hood.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 9:41 AM
because i try to have different cultures in my game, this will be pretty useful! thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 2:41 PM
Thank you very much, again! My Indian family has always had a bit of an issue with the ladies in such beautiful sarees from here and the men lacking equal formal wear. Male Sims need more clothing-love. :} This is great!
Instructor
#9 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 4:06 PM
Thank you so much for sharing this! I love to have Sims from many cultures in my game, but sometimes I don't have clothing for all of them. Great work!
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Jul 2008 at 11:29 PM
This was wonderful, beautiful embroidery on this-so much wonderful detail on it!
thank you so much for sharing this finery,
Skye

When in doubt, use clean installer
Fur is protested more than leather, because it's easier to harrass old ladies than biker gangs!
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:24 AM
I love cultures in my game,
Thank you for this, it looks like it took a lot of work!

Scoob
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 6:52 PM
Thank you thank you!

Silver's Sim Stuff - My sim stories and a lil bit o' custom content
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 8:17 AM
Thank you very much! I was trying to find this type of outfit and now you've made it!
If anyone who is interested, I found some cool sites that have pictures of different styles of shirwanis in all sorts of designs and colors. I can probably dig up the links and share them.
I may attempt some recolors myself, but I am not the best at texturing.
Beautiful design btw.

I forgot to ask, how difficult would it be to convert this outfit to teen size?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
I forgot to ask, how difficult would it be to convert this outfit to teen size?

I haven't a clue, I've never converted content between age groups, apart from one hair.

There's this post over at Insim by Bloom explaining some of the process.

Sorry, no more requests for the preg teens.
Instructor
#15 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t2suggas
I haven't a clue, I've never converted content between age groups, apart from one hair.

There's this post over at Insim by Bloom explaining some of the process.

Thank you. It seems a bit too complicated for me I think.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:51 PM
Thank you so much for creating this! I can now have an almost proper ceremony (still haven't found a sari or choli mesh I like yet).
Inventor
#17 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 11:24 AM
I like this new mesh and the beautifull texture very much, thank you for sharing!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 5:48 PM
This is beautiful, I visited Sri Lanka a couple of years ago and saw lots of beautiful clothes like this. It's perfect!

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
Alchemist
#19 Old 12th May 2010 at 12:43 PM
Great, just great. Maybe you can do other colours, I'm not quite good at modding and creating stuff. Thanks, anyways, I love everything that is related to India!

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 12:33 PM
I just recently downloaded a bunch of Saree's for the ladies and I didn't realize what was wrong with the pics until I saw this. Thank you so much. If you ever make more you will have my undying gratitude.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:26 PM
Love the detailing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:27 PM
I love this ... wore one to my wedding. Maybe I will try to do a recolor that looks like mine! ^-^
Test Subject
#23 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 11:36 AM
This is nice, but you got your info very wrong. Sherwani didn't originate from British frock coat, it originates from the Jama dress that had been worn by Indians since 16th century and earlier, as a more 'modern' and compact version of the Jama.

Sherwani had nothing to do with British clothing at all.

But otherwise, very nice.