Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#26 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 8:02 AM Last edited by -Maylin- : 17th Mar 2009 at 1:52 PM. Reason: zip files removed
Okay, I have found the mesh in Nightlife (just need to re-install this EP on my computer for testing the mesh ).
I have imported the mesh in Blender and all the normals were inside your statue.
So, I have selected each part of the statue and turned the normals outside.
*In Blender/ Edit Mode/ Mesh/ Normals/ Recalculate Outside.*
And your statue seems to be nice in my game:

Clean the thumbnail to get a better image in catalog.
I join the fixed package below.

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 9:37 AM
Very very thanks ! I will download Blender because I have the same problem with the statue with the pedestal. I'm so happy ! Thank you again and thanks to HystericalParoxism, Echo and leesester too !
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 10:39 AM Last edited by TheJim07 : 11th Dec 2008 at 10:45 AM.
Well I donwloaded Blender, I downloaded Python like they said. I imported the mesh (obj. file) from my package (not the fixed one), I found the edit mode, mesh/normals/recalculate outside. I exported the mesh. And when I imported it with MilkShape, no change (when imported the mesh from the fixed package, I saw that the textures are no more black).
And when I try to import the mesh modified by Blender in my package, i can't. An error message comes about the index which must to be no negative.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#29 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 11:07 AM
Hi Jim

There is another thread on this same topic here - maybe it will help a bit.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=309722

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 12:01 PM
But my first problem is how to use Blender to make what she made. Blender is very complicated, I don't know how to select the parts of the mesh, there are buttons everywhere ! I'm waiting for her explanations ^^'.
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#31 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 1:37 PM Last edited by -Maylin- : 11th Dec 2008 at 2:09 PM.
To select a special part of the mesh in 'Object Mode' just click on it with the mouse, then to select all the faces of this part in 'Edit Mode' tape 'A' on your keyboard.

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 2:57 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 6:58 AM
how do you make your own statue anyway... is there a tutorial?
Page 2 of 2