Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fimbulvinter

by goodandgone Posted 7th May 2009 at 4:25 AM - Updated 21st Nov 2009 at 11:30 AM by goodandgone

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:16 PM
Stunning lot and fantastic work on it ! Thanks for sharing
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th May 2009 at 6:57 PM
CUTE! Thanks

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th May 2009 at 10:13 AM
I love it! very good plan, I like the central plaza too. Can't wait to visit this place, thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 8th May 2009 at 11:09 AM
It looks AWESOME, and it really inspires me to do one of my one. But I have a question: wasn't it "Fimbulwinter" instead of "Fimbulvinter"?

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:23 PM
Thanks for the thanks everyone...and while I'm posting, sorry to the mods for messing up the original upload!

VladCrau: It's Fimbulvinter or Fimbulvetr in the original Norse (literally The Great Winter), Fimbulwinter in English. I could be wrong, but I think they still use Fimbulvinter to describe a really bad winter in Scandinavian countries? Hope it does inspire you to make your own lot - there's always room for more medieval lots in my neighbourhood.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:27 AM
Wonderful!! I can`t wait to see it in the game! Thank you so much!

`So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key`
--Already Gone by the Eagles--
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th May 2009 at 10:02 PM
In southern Sweden the temperature does not always sink below -10 degrees celcius in the winter one day, so we don't use fimbulwinter here. They might still do it in Island(thats not a scandinavian country, but they can still read old norse).

I regret that I uninstalled pets, because the lot is really nice.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 13th May 2009 at 5:10 PM
Thanks for the info, Suddipennan - I wasn't sure you still used the term. Glad you don't get fimbulwinters where you live though!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
It's sooo cool, but does it REALLY need nightlife? I mean, isn't there ANY chance to have the village without nightlife? ABSOLUTELY? NO WAY? TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE? That's the only EP i don't have and I can't find it anywhere
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:16 PM
Hmm...I'm pretty sure you need all the expansions it was made with, Caro123. Sorry, but I don't think there's any way you can use it without NL.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 7:24 PM
Ok, thank you anyway, this is great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 6:32 PM
OMG I KNEW IT LOOKED FAMILIAR!. I'm sorry, but I LOVE Mount & Blade. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:30 AM
Thanks You!