Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 11:33 AM
Default Whose Getting the Prima Guide?
Just wondering. I'm not really getting it myself, but I like it when people post some of the interesting stuff on here.

The actual Prima Guide is coming out 6 days after the release of BV but the e-Guide is coming out in 16 days (August 30th). It's smart to make: 1) An E-Guide so people won't have to go to the store and 2) It comes out earlier than the release date so that people can get more excited about it and buy it.

So, if anyone's going to get the e-Guide, can they post some new information on here? I would love that. When the Seasons Prima Guide came out, the info inside sounded really exciting.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 12:12 PM
Prima Guides are are a waste of money IMHO.

This is the information age.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 12:13 PM
I try to always get the Prima guide. There is always so much information in there, and it makes learning the new EP's so much easier. I don't think I would have done anything with OFB if I hadn't bought the guide.

I haven't heard of the e-guide. Do you have a link for that? I would be interested in checking it out. Thanks!
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:09 PM
Prima Guides are waste of money, but are good to show-off to the faces of classmates who don't have the game yet. But I prefer the e-guide. That reminds me. I saw a prima guide for sale at Target.com.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:13 PM
I only got the base game Prima guide. It was pretty interesting.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
I haven't heard of the e-guide. Do you have a link for that? I would be interested in checking it out. Thanks!

Here it is:

e-Guide
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 1:24 PM
On second though, E-Guides are waste of money. I thought they're free. Can anyone tell me a link to a free guide?
#8 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:40 PM
I'm afraid it would be against forums rules to post a link to a 'free guide' as this would be against the copyright of Prima.
However if you mean a guide created by a person that would be okay. I don't know of any though (apart from the Wiki topics on modthesims2).
Instructor
#9 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:41 PM
Anything would do as long as it's free. Just PM me so that we won't break the rules. But if it's made by a person, just post it here.
Inventor
#10 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 11:54 AM
www.gamefaqs.com

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#11 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 12:14 PM
But there's no guide?
Theorist
#12 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:07 PM
Well, Bon Voyage isn't out yet so how does one go about writing a guide for it now?

I think I would rather find out stuff about the game myself so that it's a surprise rather than spoiling everything by reading a guide, that can really take the fun out of a game for me. The Sims (on the PC) isn't really a game where one can get stuck on some level and might have to read a guide to get farther.
#13 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:03 PM
I like this website it always has stuff up about new Ep's and new cheats and deaths and things like that.

- http://www.snootysims.com/
#14 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 7:24 PM
Dont learn the game PLAY IT be adventurous don't use the guide, go discover!

when all else failed, sims2wiki!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 8:23 PM
I loooove the Prima Guides. Can't wait for the hard copy.
Instructor
#16 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 12:09 PM
Well, anything everyone here says. I think it's better not to get spoiled but I'm already dying to play it...
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 1:06 PM
Prima Guides are interesting, but you really should play first before buying one. The only Prima Guide I have is the base game one which my brother bought me for Christmas, a good 3 or 4 months at least after I started playing.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#18 Old 16th Aug 2007 at 4:56 PM
I'd never even heard of a Prima Guide until before Seasons came out - I wasn't into the Sims then, and never seen one in a store. I kinda wanted to buy the Seasons one, but I'm glad I didn't. I love figuring out things myself, and a few weeks after the release most questions will be asked and answered online.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 3:00 AM
I prefer to play the game and learn on my own, I learned The Sims 2 right away. It was fun so I'm good at learning new games. It'll be like 1-2-3.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:20 PM
I prefer paper copies. So yeah ... I'll be getting it. I love the color ... the feel of the pages between my fingertips.
#21 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 4:13 PM
I'm getting the eGuide since it's coming out before the game. I figure if I can't have the game on the 30th, I can at least get the guide and read about it.
#22 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 3:18 PM
I always get the prima guide. I just hope I can rake up the money to get the game and the prima guide... sigh!

Dragon
Forum Resident
#23 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 5:01 PM
I have all the prima guides so far. I find them interesting to read and helpful when you need to look something up and your internet's dead. I am very glad I bought the OFB guide, that must be the one I look at most. For Bon Voyage I was thinking about buying the online guide but I'm not sure about it being available to outside the US. I may just buy the book after the EP is out if I think I need it. As someone said early, this is the information age now really.
Alchemist
#24 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Axe Gaijin
Prima Guides are are a waste of money IMHO.

This is the information age.

I agree Axe. By the time the Prima Guide comes out there's not much in it that most simmers don't already know from other places
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 24th Aug 2007 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
As someone said early, this is the information age now really.

...Information Age...

*Screams*

Don't remind of that. I've just finished writing a 3000 word essay on the arguments for and against the idea of the Information Society. Unless you really want to be bored, I'd suggest you don't mention that this is an Information Age again or I will be forced to dispute it.

And the Prima Guides are good reading. They give you the exact detail, like at which daily/lifetime relationship can you not be rejected for certain actions, and if the personaility of the Sim changes it, the exact details of how to do stuff, and lots of interesting tips and hints, etc. I wouldn't suggest it to buy it right away, but in a couple of months time it is nice to read it and see that there is a lot more to the game than you realise.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Page 1 of 2