Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#51 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 6:25 AM
Ruby, [can i call you that?] if you want the words "love hate" soemthing cool you could do is get is so that it says 'love' if you just look at it, then when you look at it in the mirror it says 'hate'. I've seen a T-shirt design like that once... I can't remember where though. It was pretty cool.

I've had an advance in what I want to get done.
I want the 'bartskull' on the inside of my wrist with the numbers 051092 written underneath it so it looks like I've been branded... I really like the idea, and I also want to get the words 'Such Is Life' somewhere because I've got a little obsession with all things Ned Kelly... hehe

EDIT:

Ooh Retard [:P] they sound like great ideas... OMG lets both go get tatts together when we graduate yr 12!!! :D

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Advertisement
#52 Old 17th Jan 2008 at 6:58 AM
I looove tats, if I could i'd be covered in them but my job won't allow it *spits on job* roll on in 18 months when I go freelance again that's all I can say!!!!

At the moment I have 3.

1. A small aztec lizard on my right shoulder (my very first one) - no pics sorry.

2. a horses head on my lower right back going onto my bum that's about 10" high

3. lots of stars going all the way down my left side

I designed them all myself too :-D
#53 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:20 AM
Neat stars design!

I thought of another one I want. Someone (jokingly) told me I had a hollow black heart. I think it would be neat to have that somewhere on me!

And, cassieandra, you can call me that. it also sounds like a neat tattoo...must get over fear of needles.
Inventor
Original Poster
#54 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RubyAmbition
I thought of another one I want. Someone (jokingly) told me I had a hollow black heart. I think it would be neat to have that somewhere on me!

The best spot for that would be on top of your heart I guess... but maybe that's not the nicest place for a tatoo...

And for your fear of needles: Does it help if I say you actually don't see the needle. Because it's set inside the tattoo machine and such. It doesn't even go in that much. Not much deeper than a nasty splinter. It's nothing like an injection needle.. (And I know about needles.. since I am a diabetic in real life.. lol)

I like your horse, I.nfectious. Do you like how the tatoo-artist did yours? Compared to your original drawing?

Since everytime I look at my tattoos its so weird to see my own drawings on my body. I mean, I didn't tattoo it myself, so at first I was sort of afraid that it would loose my outlining signature or something.. but it turned out perfectly well. It's strange in a way.
#55 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin

I like your horse, I.nfectious. Do you like how the tatoo-artist did yours? Compared to your original drawing?

Since everytime I look at my tattoos its so weird to see my own drawings on my body. I mean, I didn't tattoo it myself, so at first I was sort of afraid that it would loose my outlining signature or something.. but it turned out perfectly well. It's strange in a way.

My tattoo artist was great. for my horse tat he did it exactly how I had drawn it. For my stars tat I showed him my design but it was originally A LOT smaller, he said it would look much cooler if I extended it further, so it went from being just 3 big stars and one or two smaller ones to being what it is now. I am even thinking about having it extended again so it continues on my right side just above my bikini line with a moon and a few more stars :-)

It is cool seeing your own designs on your body because you know that no-one else in the world will have the same ink as you
Inventor
Original Poster
#56 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by I.nfectious
It is cool seeing your own designs on your body because you know that no-one else in the world will have the same ink as you

Yeah, I totally agree on that. I really wondered, because it seemed to me a thing that would really make a difference with the way the horses manes are drawn etc. Artisticly speaking, I think he was right about the stars.... and I think your idea of making the string of stars a bit longer would work out nice too.

For me the best thing was.. when my mum told me she thought they looked really nice. She was not in favour of me getting a tatoo, but well, I'm 28 so she didn't have much to say about it anymore. I was really happy when she sort of flabbergastedly blurted out that she liked them.. hihi.
Inventor
#57 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:05 PM
Wow, nice tattoo's everyone. I.nfectious, I love those stars! I'll be getting this one across my lower back as soon as I have enough money. I'd like to personalize it a little though, maybe add some color. If I get it in black, can I go back later and add more to it? Like add bits with color?
Alchemist
#58 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 6:10 PM
I plan on getting angel wings tattooed on my back. I'm pretty picky with how I want them to look, I don't want them small, but I don't want them super big. They have to be positioned a certain way. I don't want them to look too angelic or too gothic. The feathers have to be kind of small, but not too small. I just don't want thick feathers. I could go on and on about how I want it. It's been impossible to find a decent picture of how I want it done.
Inventor
Original Poster
#59 Old 18th Jan 2008 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
I'd like to personalize it a little though, maybe add some color. If I get it in black, can I go back later and add more to it? Like add bits with color?

It depends a bit on the design of your tattoo, but you can always go back later and have some colour added.

But I would discuss this with the tattoo artist, that is the best person to give you hints and tips about your design.

With my tats I first had a drawing-appointment and 2 weeks later he set the tattoo. Then after it had healed we had another appointment and he gave some extra shading to a few spots where it had come out a bit lighter than intended.

So, if you have a good artist to make your tats, you will have a lot of time to talk about the exact design and the possibilities for colour etc.
#60 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 3:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin

For me the best thing was.. when my mum told me she thought they looked really nice. She was not in favour of me getting a tatoo, but well, I'm 28 so she didn't have much to say about it anymore. I was really happy when she sort of flabbergastedly blurted out that she liked them.. hihi.

OMG! That's exactly the same as me. I'm 28 too and i'd been living in Spain and my parents didn't know i'd had any more done so when I showed them it was a big shock, but my mum liked them so much she went and got one of her own lol...
#61 Old 19th Jan 2008 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goodnightpeter
The last set of tattoo's I want to get is of Alice (from Alice in Wonderland) and her cat Dinah. I want Alice on one hip and Dinah on my other. It's been my favorite movie for a long time and it has a personal meaning to my life as well. My only apprehension about getting them on my hips is that when I get pregnant or if I gain weight, I would hate for them to get distorted or stretched.

I've wanted this picture of Alice on my shoulderblade for a long time. (It's from the book)
Field Researcher
#62 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 10:48 PM
So far i have only one tattoo. A paw print on my chest. A friend of mine is drawing my next one! I wanted a kokopeli with a few tweeks to it! I will post a pic after its done!

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#63 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 2:17 PM
I have two tatoos. I have had them for about two years now, I decided to get them as an act of independance from my childrens father. The one on my lower back hurt far more than the one on my ankle. I don't regret either one of them and would consider getting another someday.

Sorry about the bad pictures, it is very hard to take decent pictures of yourself!
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 9:14 PM
Actually, I'm just 14 1/2, so in the next, like, 5 years I won't really think of a tattoo. But if I'd make one now, I'd definitely take that Red Hot Chili Peppers sign on my arm (http://picnic.ciao.com/de/63261417.jpg), I'm a really big fan.
#65 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 9:29 PM
Never been into tattoos really. I have had my share of needles for medical stuff and I guess tattoos remind me of it. Lol. I've never thought abut it much. But if I were to get one, I might get one of a rose or a quill (don't ask!) or something small.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 10:40 AM
Yep! I have this:

(although its really fresh there so ignore all the yellowy bruising!)
and the location is on my right side on my ribs, here *warning: side boob!*

I got it because I love the shape of jigsaw pieces, I always doodle them, my notebooks have pages full. And I also like stars, but I didn't want traditional 'pointy' stars. Also, I've always felt I'm an extremely typical Aquarian, so the stars in there are (roughly) in the constellation of Aquarius. So there's quite a lot of reasoning for something so small.
I got it in New York on my year in the US. I looked everywhere for the best place to go, I wouldn't have done it unless I found somewhere with a tattooist I absolutely loved. So I'm pleased with what I got. It's a bit lighter now though, and I actually want to have it touched up one day, I want the edges shaded so it looks like the stars are inside me and the outline is a hole.

I don't think I'll ever get too addicted, but I do want another on the other side, a matching one, another jigsaw piece but filled with sunny blue sky with a couple of wispy white clouds.
Ideally I'd like to have it done either in Bristol, London or California, cos it's important to me when and where and I want somewhere on the other side from New York, so that would either be my home city, the capital of my country or the other side of the US.
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 3:30 PM
Love that tattoo, StupidityKills.

I think it is a really nice idea to have the jigsaw-pieces as a sort portal into another world. And I like symmetrical tattoos.. (mine are symmetrical too.. with some slight differences.)
#68 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 3:38 PM
I'm actually learning how to tattoo now...I recieved my first tattoo gun for christmas, so we'll see how it goes! :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 6:50 PM
^ That's so cool!
Thanks appelsapgodin I like symmetrical too That's why I want another on my other side!
#70 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 7:23 PM
I have a love/hate relationship with the idea of tattoos. I constantly draw intricate patterns around my wrists or up my arms, but I'm scared of the idea that I'd never be able to get rid of it. It's like going shopping and seeing a gorgeous pair of shoes but being told I'd never be able to take them off.. it kinda scares me xD My friend likes my pen doodles and suggested I should set up my own body art parlour, so I'm toying with that idea.

If I was to get a tattoo though, I think I'd like a magpie tattoo, but I don't know where. Sort of like this: http://www.dkimages.com/discover/pr...66/25099423.JPG only in tattoo form
Alchemist
#71 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 11:40 PM
I just realized I already posted in here, saying what I want to get done... oh well. I have pictures of what I want now! Don't have it done yet... soon, though.

This isn't me, I repeat, not me. I don't have any tatts yet. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...14771916039.jpg

I also want cherry blossoms somewhere... maybe up my side.
Instructor
#72 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 8:06 AM
They would be nice wings afinefrenzy, but question, are you married? Because if you aren't, think about what it would look like in a wedding dress and in wedding photos

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
Alchemist
#73 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 3:30 PM
I'm not married, I'm still a baby. Well, I'm 20, so that's not really a baby, but way to early for me to get married. I love the idea of seeing that tattoo with my wedding dress. I think it would be spiffy. :nod:
Instructor
#74 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 2:31 AM
Oh ok well if you think that then its fine
haha im still a baby too... only 15...
the only reason why I even thought that is because my sister-in-law was gonna get a tattoo there and then thats when the tattooist said that.

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#75 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 3:17 AM
I think tattoos are interesting. They look pretty hot on guys if done nicely. I don't know if I'd ever get one though... I'd be afraid that I'd change my mind about it later or when I'm 80 my tattoos will be saggy and faded because I'm too old and tired to refresh them.
Page 3 of 6