Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#26 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 4:20 PM
Gosh darn it, i don't have time for another RP... GAH... *goes to make app* I'll have it in tonight or tomorrow :P

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Advertisement
#27 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 5:53 PM
Default Lucifer Deunna, gypsy child and divine adjudicator.

Lucifer Deunna

You enquire as to the past of Lucifer Deunna? Then, I shall tell to you an unfinished tale. The tale of an illegitimate son of an illegitimate woman, thrice orphaned; a tale of undeserved pain and greivance. The tale of the beginnings of Justice.

Spawn of a travelling gypsy girl and a mysterious stranger, he came into this world one icy December night. His mother, cast from the travelling clan and labelled as a witch-woman, fled to the church in a desperate plea for salvation. Crying with pain of birth and redemption, she begged the good vicar to take her unborn son and raise him as his own, kept far from the world of sin and evil. After what seemed like an eternity, a baby was born - a boy with skin as pale as death, hair of dazzling gold and eyes of a piercing cyan. With her dying breath, the doomed gypsy named him Lucifer, a name that meant "bringer of light".

The vicar remained true to his word, raising Lucifer until his sixth birthday. That very day, the good man of God mysteriously disappeared from the town, soon found hanging from a branch over the river. The twice-orphaned child was taken in by a kind-hearted woman by the name of Alice, a lady who had recently lost her first and only child. Lucifer was aged twelve when Alice's body was found, drowned in the same river that played host to the vicar's suicide.

Convinced that the Devil was the cause of his misery, Lucifer swore he would devote his life to destroying every trace of evil in the world. He made a promise to his dead mother, the poor vicar, and dear Alice, that he would stay true to his name. He would bring light into the world and use it to banish the darkness to whence it came. So one month before his eighteenth year of life when the rumour of witchcraft in Salem began, Lucifer vowed to hunt down each one of these Devil-worshipping do-ers of dark and evil magic and bring unto them justice.

I am this Lucifer. I am Justice.

Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 7:17 PM
Wow! I’m out for the morning and so many questions and posts await me! It’s great, I’m loving it!

Titania – From what I've read all but one were hung. The other was pressed to death under heavy stones because he refused to stand trial. But we're not trying to relive history exactly here (thank heavens!) but I honestly haven’t sat and wrote how I will RP the killing of everyone. I’m most likely to run with what was already RPed by you guys. If the towns folk are yelling “Hang Her!” she’ll probably get hung. If townsfolk are armed with pitchforks and axes, the person would probably die that way. It’s all at the mercy of the roleplay.

Trampledsneakers – no problem! You did a great job of answering the question and are completely correct. As for having to have a job or position… you don’t have to. You could be just a farmer, or just a house wife. It’s really up to you. Giving your character a “job” though helps to define them a bit. And as for how the witches are perceived, yes they should strive to blend in with the rest of the townsfolk. After all, if a witch's true identity is found out, they’re likely to be the very next one on trial.

Spoonerism – I just want to add that The White Witch can be tried just like everyone else, and fall to the hands of the Witches Clan just like everyone else. The White Witch has no special powers regarding survival in the game.

Foolinthemoon – lol I’m glad you’re making room. Really though, Desperado is about done, so is Tumbleweed Valley. So just say this one will replace those two.

If I missed anyone's question, I promise it wasn't intentional. Please feel free to bug me via PM if needed!

For everyone who posted an application, I’ve added your names to the characters list. I will be making avatars later in the day when I have more time. If you want yours, check the second post in the thread for it from time to time.

And just a friendly reminder (some of you have already done this.... thank you!) but please remember to send me a PM letting me know if you're willing to play any of the special roles. I don't want to put the burden of Blessed One on someone who feels they don't have time to do it.
Thanks!
#29 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:15 PM
Mkay, I added my app here .
Er... eternal_sunshine: I sort of stole parts from you. =D If it bothers you, I can change it.
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:11 AM

Name: Anne Abel

Anne is a gentle, quiet, and very young-looking woman of 19, the wife of a farmer and daughter of a respected preacher. She prefers to sew at home (idle hands are the tool of evil!) rather than speak with other wives, and misses church sporadically due to her two-year-old son being prone to illness.

Because of this, many people are apt to turn a slightly suspicious eye to Anne, especially whenever someone brings up the unusual circumstances of her marriage: her husband, Jonathan, was originally engaged to a girl in the town her was born in, but she passed away from a mysterious illness and he came to Salem, immediately falling in love with the young, plain Anne. There is a vicious rumor among the children and younger teens in the town that she brewed a potion to kill Jonathan's fiancee and bring him to her, but the adults tend to dismiss this idea -- at least in public.

Anne, when confronted about this, will be quick to say that her son's illness and her husband's previous grief were punishments from God, and that she is hurt and shocked that anyone would dare accuse her of being in alliance with Satan.

(I realise the picture I'm using doesn't exactly fit the period, but I couldn't find anything else and my game keeps crashing!)
#31 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:38 AM
This sounds like a lot of fun! I have a question though...how accurate does the speech have to be? I mean, modern slang is out, obviously...but I don't know how accurate and true to the times I can make my character speak. How strict are you on that?
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowblade
...how accurate does the speech have to be? I mean, modern slang is out, obviously...but I don't know how accurate and true to the times I can make my character speak. How strict are you on that?

Not strict at all! What I really meant was along the lines of the obvious things. No TV, no refrigerators, no cars. Light oil lamps or candles instead of hitting a light switch. Whip the Ox to plow the field instead of firing up a tractor. No "Like Totally! Awesome man!" type talk.

Heck! I'm not even capable of keeping the speech "old english". lol
#33 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 7:16 AM
I can do oldish English.... but I just sound like a Guy from Victian England.... and nobody wants that

The other thing is... when were reading glasses designed?
#34 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Titania
Mkay, I added my app here .
Er... eternal_sunshine: I sort of stole parts from you. =D If it bothers you, I can change it.

Not at all! I really like what you did with the character. Yay! Our characters can be lovely enemies, perhaps! :P
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fayreview
The other thing is... when were reading glasses designed?

Good question! I had no idea so I had to google it.
Apparently at the time of this role play they had eye glasses of sorts, but not quite like we know them today. They were something like this:

It seems the 'temples' (the part that extends to and wraps behind the ear) was created in the 18th century, right after our roleplay.

So, as you can tell, I already did not stay true to the time period, as I said the doctor adjusted his glasses. Sorry about that. I think little things like this will not effect the role play negatively. So if you want your character to have eye glasses go for it. Who knows, maybe your character actually invented them, someone else stole the idea and got credit for it ten years later.
#36 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:58 PM
How old do the character's have to be?
I mean obviously really young is out, but back then young was different? So is the minimum age like 13 .. or 14 or something? Sorry with the dumb questions
#37 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 4:59 PM
Says on the first page any age. That's why I made mine 13
#38 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:00 PM
Thanks for the info! I've finished the docotr... I'm sorry for the bodyshop pic but my Sims 2 keeps crashing... it looks like I may be in for a re-install.

#39 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 5:18 PM
okii, thanks Laurie
#40 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 6:36 PM
Added Luce's picture His personality is clearly a reincarnation of Light from Death Note... I seriously didn't mean him to be but apparently now he is.
#41 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 9:53 PM
Haylifer, I'm sorry, but Lucifer is absolutely stunning ~!
#42 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 10:11 PM
ooc: *eyes pop out* *wheeze* Haylifer, Lucifer is gorgeous! And he's like Light? >__> He shall have a small fangirl base in the town I'm sure. x]

Oh, and Shenan? Calliope's bio is about to undergo surgery as well. She's still going to be a female and all, but there are some things that I'm going to fix...
Original Poster
#43 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 10:21 PM
I have no problem with you guys changing/editing/tweaking your characters before the role play begins. I just ask that you let me know after it's done. I'd like to read the changes and change any pictures if I need to. Thanks.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#44 Old 17th Sep 2007 at 11:06 PM
Must... fight... urge... to join...
Nope, I give up. I'll have an app up in a day or so... or a few hours even. *s*

There's still no priest, right?

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#45 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:18 AM
Okay, I ended up not making a boy, and not really changing her that much XD

Nonetheless, I have completely re-done my app, changed her name, and added her picture. I'll be sending in the question ma-jig in a second ^^

And Atropa, no Priest so far :3 Go for it!
Test Subject
#46 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:20 AM
oooh, the banner creeps me out.
I love the sound of this one, but idk.

*thinks of large obligation to be made. Looks at homework.*

OKAY! *Says in terminator voice* I'll be back.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#47 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:06 AM
Pandaness - Yey. Although, it won't be Julianna's father. It would make him far too old, as the character I have in mind is in his early 20's.
But he's a collegue of her father's, so they'll probably know eachother anyway?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Name:
Rev. William Hawthorne

Biography:
Somewhat of a newcomer in Salem, William - already a priest and a widower at the tender age of 23 - recently left England after the death of his wife, and set out to make a new life for himself in the New World. Despite being ordained, he serves mostly as an assistant to the current pastor, helping him with various duties and caring for the souls of the people of the small colony.
His good looks and soft, gentle manners have already earned him a reputation for being a pious, God-fearing man with a heart of gold.
In reality, he is anything but.
Although ordained, the number of sins on his conscience are many. Upon travelling to America, he left behind not only a history of adultery and debauchery, but also a web of lies and deceit. Serving as a priest in a small town in England, William used his profession as a front, to keep his vices hidden. Just like in Salem, the townspeople thought him to be a good, righteous and honest young man who saw it as his calling to serve God. That is, the townspeople who didn't know any better. Alot of the young English girls sooner or later discovered that the good reverend didn't practice what he preached. While some welcomed his lack of morals, there were those who didn't. Those girls were kept silent with a sound promise of having them accused of witchcraft if they uttered even one wrong syllable. And him being the priest, who was most likely to be believed? Some young girl with a vivid imagination, or the saintly, virtuous young man preaching to them all about the wages of sin?
Before long though, his wife discovered what was going on, and in order to rid himself of the threat against his "good name and character", he went before his superiors and with a "heavy heart" explained that he thought his wife to be a witch. He claimed it was the most difficult thing he'd ever had to do, as he still loved her, but knowing she was in league with the Devil, he simply had to do the right thing.
With a priest - and her own husband no less - testifying against her, William's wife didn't stand a chance.

However, since arriving in Salem he hasn't yet indulged in anything immoral, except having a drink or two in the privacy of his own home, as he's still observing the young women to try and determine who's likely to welcome any possible advances, and/or who might be scared into keeping her mouth shut. He's got his eye on one or two in particular, but has decided to bide his time, for now.

He's found somewhat of a peer in Calliope, who spends almost as much time as him preaching the word of the good Lord. He'd only been in town for a few days when he first heard her sing in the choir, and instantly declared her voice a gift from God himself. Upon then learning that she too gives sermons, he suggested they meet from time to time to discuss the contents of their individual sermons, and how to improve them.

Until recently, he didn't really believe in witchcraft, although on the surface he, as a man of God, appeared to be fully convinced of it's existence. Meanwhile inwards he merely considered it a tool used to scare people into obedience. But now, after the recent events in Salem, he's no longer too sure.
He does however take advantage of the situation, offering - out of the goodness of his heart - to hold Bible studies with the young women in town. They do appear to be the targeted group, after all, and knowing their Bible just may help save their unfortunate souls from being exposed to the supernatural workings in town.
He absolutely refuses to accept money for his services, but should someone want to invite the poor, lonely and soft-mannered widower for supper, or make him a bread or a pie, it would be downright rude of him to turn them away, wouldn't it?

Picture:

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Original Poster
#48 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:13 AM
Glad to see all the new applications! I'm updating the characters list and the avatars as I catch them. As some of you know from Tumbleweed Valley, I do slip up sometimes. So please make sure that I have your information correct, and don't be shy about hollering at me if I make a mistake. I don't mind one bit.
#49 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 2:30 AM
Dang, I have no time for this.

Homework is for squares anyway! :D

Cherry, I'm thinking about being one of your brothers. Okey dokey with you?
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 3:00 AM
lol All this talk about homework waiting. I may need to make a disclaimer that I am not responsible for any unfinished homework and the results of mentioned abandoned homework. I am a mom, I don't want parents mad at me!

Thought I’d clarify a few things for anyone who’s wondering about the nitty gritty.

How will the roles be filled? I am compiling a list for each role consisting of who was willing to fulfill it. Once the applications are closed people will be chosen randomly. I’ll either pull out of a hat, roll a die or ask my five year old to pick. lol

What happens if the Blessed One protects a witch? Nothing much. The Blessed One will not be told if they succeeded in saving a life that night. If the Witches pick the person that is being protected, their spell will simply fail and no one will die that night.

At the beginning of the day rounds I will ask for everyone (excluding the Witches Clan) to PM me someone they suspect is a witch, and their reason why. This can be as silly as a birthmark or an accent. (Really back then moles were referred to as “witches’ marks”.) The person who was mentioned the most will be the one arrested. In case of a tie I’ll roll a die to decide. Actual Witches are not allowed a vote in who gets accused. That would just be plain silly as they know who the real witches are.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!

Page 2 of 16