Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 3:52 AM
Profile has been reconstructed to include some new details about her character. :]

Post #8:: //Calliope Nighwolfe Application//
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:00 AM
Aww, I was actually going to create a character very similar to yours Atropa! How strange. o_o I was going to make a corrupt priest. Oh well. I need to come up with a new idea. This could be difficult. *wracks brain*

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#53 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:07 AM
trampled - Aw, I'm sorry. *s* Great minds, and all that, eh?

I'll update Will's bio at a later time. Time = 5 a.m. which means brain = fried.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#54 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 4:20 AM
Whoops, sorry cherry. I meant to say Panda. I'm thinking about being her character's brother. Sorry about that.
#55 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 7:31 AM
Ok I've made a slight change to my character.... I've given him arthritis (please do correct my spelling... I'm dashing out ina sec or i'd have done it myself!)
#56 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 6:58 PM
Pandaness, cherry - Thankyou!! ^.^ 'Tis a shame he's an obsessive witch-hunter woman-hater, or I'd have him married off to my self-sim.

Shenanigans - I must say, the avatars are beautiful! I love mine and later on may put in a request to have the 'Luc-' changed to 'Hayl-' in mine and keep it permenantly XD
Inventor
#57 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:15 PM
Are apps still open? I haven't done a RP in awhile but if they're still open I'd love to di this one.
#58 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:55 PM
Default Samuel application
Name: Samuel
Bio
The son of a wealthy land owner and wood dealer Samuel whittles away his days with his head in the clouds. He claims to be a poet and has even had a book published by a small company his uncle owns. People respectful of his father’s wealth would describe Samuel as eclectic, others declare he is just plain mad. He often confuses reality which has led to a few scandals been hushed away by his family’s vast bribes.

A master of illusion, he has appeared as an actor in several plays. Easily transitioning between the noble king and court’s fool in his avid portrayals of the fantasy worlds. He believes it is better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit so can be a little hard to tolerate at times.

Pic (will do a better one when I've got more time)

Original Poster
#59 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:55 PM
Aww! Thanks Haylifer. I'm glad they're liked. I'm always my own worse critic I think.

PennyTheCorgi - Yes, applications are still open. It'll be open for applications for a week from the original post. (About four days from now) I look forward to seeing your application!

*edit*
Yay! Glad to see you made it veldagia!
#60 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:05 PM
Oh, and I'm fine with that Emily ^^
Field Researcher
#61 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:50 PM
Default Mary Peddleweather - Application
Name: Mary Peddleweather

A brief description of your character: Mary is the local butter maker and town speculator. She loves to indulge in friendly town gossip, that hurts no one. Mary is middle aged, has a husband and a small frail child. She was her first and last child as Mary was lucky to survive the birth herself. She is generally a happy, friendly woman who enjoys her life, husband and daughter. She attends church alongside her family and greatly enjoys the company of the Lord.

Due to Mary's speculatory nature, she is often the one searched for by the village to answer and relay information about what she sees. She has a small house in the centre of the village which can see for a long way either end. This is useful to her for this purpose, and also for convenience, for her daughter can get ill easily.

Picture:

Family Picture:

Garden of Shadows; for your goth side.
#62 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 12:54 AM
1. Charlotte Brannon

2. Charlotte is naively innocent and very shy. She lives in a rundown cottage alone with her ailing father. He has been ill for a long time, and therefore unable to find her a spouse (their poverty has much to do with it as well). Charlotte handles all of the household matters without complaint, as she was raised to do. She secretly dreams of a husband to come and take her away to where she can live the life she's always wanted, with a houseful of children. She attends church at every opportunity, though the talk of the witches greatly interests her. She's careful not to reveal this information, of course, because who could she possibly trust? She's enemies with no one in particular, friends with no one in particular. She knows her father's time on Earth is slowly drawing to a close and is nervously pondering what the future holds for her once she is alone without her father's name to protect her. They have no money to attract a husband and no money to go to a new town once all the available men in Salem are gone. (This will be changing as soon as I can think of something more detailed and well...better!)

(Sorry for the craptacular picture and Sim...but since there's only one pic, I figured it didn't matter too much)
Inventor
#63 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:28 AM
Name: Fenn Ramsey

Bio: Fenn is a feisty, outspoken young woman.
She is the youngest daughter in a family of five children
and her father owns a large farm on the edge of town.
Fenn spends most of her time hiding in the barn to avoid
farm chores or reading in the orchard. Her oldest brother
taught her to read as joke when she was five and Fenn
has loved to read ever since.

(Pic by yamiza @ Deviantart.com)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#64 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:28 AM
Okay, I updated William's bio and added a pic.

*edit*

Oooh, Shenan. Thanks for the avatar. I love it. Will switch once I get home.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:36 AM
Name: Amber Harrison

A brief description of your character: Amber loves to garden. A lot of people says she has a green thumb, but she insists she doesn't. Amber grows some of the best daffodils around. ( I have no Idea, haha)

Picture:
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosti...ltraviolet2.bmp
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 5:43 AM
Default Day 1
Wow! I just want to say that I am pleasantly surprised with how many applications have already poured in. Thought I’d announce that applications are going to close one day earlier than originally posted. That still leaves about three days to get an application in.

I still need to hear from a few people on if they're willing to do a special role or not. If I don't hear from you, then I'll have to assume you're happier off just being a Townsfolk. If I list your name, and you already sent it to me, then I apologize, I must have lost it. I need to hear from veldagia, Shadowblade, and PennyTheCorgi.

At this point, I’d like to open up the thread to RP posts. No one has been assigned to the special roles yet. (That will not happen until after the applications are closed.) But I thought ya’ll would like to roam around the town, see who you bump into and what not.

~ Day One ~
Time: Just after Dawn

Winter seems to finally be giving way to spring in Salem. Children are being sent out to gather eggs for breakfast. In a corner of the village the good Doctor Nighwolfe quietly closes a door behind him. Having to tell a loving father that his daughter won’t live to see another day is heartbreaking. Those who live close to the doomed household clearly hear the mother's sobs. Yet others go about their morning blissfully unaware of just exactly what type of day this is destined to be.

Special Note: Please keep your RPs in the morning time. We must have our first arrest before noon. This will help keep things lined up and coherent.
Most Importantly… Have fun!
#67 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 7:33 AM
In a corner of the village the good Doctor Nighwolfe quietly closes a door behind him. Having to tell a loving father that his daughter won’t live to see another day is heartbreaking. And it didn't get any easier...

You can tell someone their mother wont make it and they'll grudging accept it was the time to go... Tell them they will lose their partner and grief will set in. But to tell someone they will lose a child but them beyond grief to a realm where it was cold and dark, where life just didn't seem fair.

He walked out across the town, how many more people would he have to prononce dead this year? Nero set off towards the Reverend Hawthorne it would be easier if he came to the family rather than them braving the light of day to organise a burial.

As he knocked on the door he reflected how he didn't trust the new Reverend... but then again Nero never took well to people who liked his daughter... Particularly the ones who had a habit of promising salvation...
#68 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:44 PM
((OOC: Would a map be useful? Just for reference of where people live and to help with the town layout, seeing as there's a church and doctors surgery and Mrs. Peddleweathers house in the middle.. and stuff like that ^_^ I'd draw one but I'm a terrible map-maker.. Writing a RP. I'll post it some time this evening, it's getting long and out of hand!))
#69 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:34 PM
((Would there be a doctors surgery... wouldn't Nero just be making house calls?))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#70 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:59 PM
Default Rev William Hawthorne
(((ooc: A map is a really good idea. I picture Rev Hawthorne living really close to the other preacher, as it would be conveniant for them to live close to eachother.)))

William knew the doctor was likely to come by sooner or later. He had seen him enter the small house, and he had heard the mother's heartbreaking sobs. There would be a family in need of consoling today, of someone to help them in their time of grief. It wasn't William's favorite thing to do - in fact, none of his duties and responsibilities as a prriest were - but it had to be done. With their daughter ill, he had already spent alot of time in that little house, offering his support and a shoulder for them all to cry on. He was good at that; saying the right things. Not just the things people wanted to hear, but the things they needed to hear as well. There was usually a big difference between the two. Alot of the time, the things people needed to hear was far from what they wanted to hear, and there was the risk that they'd be angry and turn away. But William had a way of delivering these things with the greatest of care and with such compassion that people accepted what he had to say. There were times when they even welcomed it.

When the knock on the door finally was heard, William had just finished dressing, after washing off by the small basin next to the bed. Straightening his clothing, making sur he looked decent, he then walked over and opened the door, finding the good doctor standing there, as expected.

"Good morning, doctor", he greeted softly with his usual warm and gentle smile, while brushing a few strands of hair still wet from when he'd splashed water on his face, from his features.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#71 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:19 PM
1. Name: Gerty Adams
2. Gerty Adams is a 24 year old mother. She lives with her 4 children, and her husband died mysteriously 2 years ago. She makes little trinkets for the wealthier people, and makes a very decent living. She is pretty popular around town, but she knows that something shady is going on around town. She witnessed 3 hangings since she moved to salem, and is horrified of exposing her children to a sight of the death, so she has been planning on leaving as soon as she saves up enough money, but she is not sure how it is anywhere else.
She's a bit modern, I'll change the picture if wanted xD
Original Poster
#72 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:35 PM
Good idea Haylifer! A map is currently in the works. I’ll have to ask for just a bit of patience as I’m decent at altering images, but when it comes to making one from scratch, I’m nearly inept.
Fayreview – Yeah, I believe you’d just be making house calls. Medicine back then was rather hit and miss. They didn’t even have the concept of “infection” yet. Any surgical procedures that need to be done, I’m sure could be performed in your house.
I will do my best to situate people in town regarding RPs and descriptions already posted. Should have it up within 24 hours.
#73 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:52 PM
((Can I start? xD))
#74 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 3:56 PM
"Good morning, doctor", Nero saw the practiced warm and gentle smile and the few strands of hair wet from when he'd presumably splashed water on his face, that the Reverend was brushing away.

"Is it indeed?" Nero replied with a touch of weariness in his voice. "I fear that it is rather a bad morning, particularly for the poor Appleblossom family, the girl will need burying." The vein in his temple, just below his hair line, throbbed slightly. "And i felt it would be easier for you to go to them rather than for them to come out."

Nero quickly turned to leave, the Reverend annoyed him and he didnt have the energy to pretend he didn't.
#75 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:12 PM
Gerty walked slowly across the living room floor, holding a laundry basket. "Piper, could you please put a log in the fire, I must start breakfast soon." Piper was her eldest daughter, at 9. Her eldest daughter put down her doll, leaving 5 year old Ruth alone and disapointed. A faint cry came from down the hall. "Ruth, sweety, be so kind as to fetch your brother a bottle, and make sure he is warm." She said with a faint smile. 2 girls and a baby, Daniel, was a bit of a handfull. Piper screamed, and Gerty ran over to her, dropping the basket of clothes, scattering them all over the floor.

Piper cried, holding out her hand. "I touched the pot..." she winced. Gerty grabbed her hand and rushed her outside to the well (were there wells back then? xD.)"Hold your hand under the water." She explained to her eldest daughter, while pumping the water from the well. Piper winced when the water first hit her finger, then a look of reliefe covered her face. "Thank you momma!" She giggled, hugging her mother. Gerty sighed, knowing that she still had laundry to wash, and breakfast had to be on the table in less than an hour.

Page 3 of 16