Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:04 PM
Tumbleweed Valley - Freeform -Applications open- see link at top of first post!
***This RP is now freeform! The new rules for the freeform version are available here. ***
**Map and Current Character List is here.**

Located deep in the Arizona Territory in the late 1800s, the boomtown known as Tumbleweed Valley teeters on the brink between lawlessness and civilization. The honest and hardworking souls trying to turn Tumbleweed Valley into a respectable community are poised against the ruffians who prefer it to remain a lawless frontier town. What is the fate of Tumbleweed Valley? Come along for a Wild West Adventure, and let’s discover it together!

The Characters:
There are three different gangs present in Tumbleweed Valley; they are The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. (hardy-har-har) The gangs shall consist of six people each!

1. The Good: These are the honest, hardworking folks that want to see Tumbleweed prosper and make its mark on the maps! Their goal is to turn Tumbleweed Valley into a respectable community.

2. The Bad: These are the ruffians who would like to see Tumbleweed Valley return to being a lawless frontier town that it once was. Nothing like the smell of gun smoke!

3. The Ugly: This gang doesn’t care one way or another what type of town Tumbleweed Valley is, as long as they own it. As long as you stay out of their way, they don’t care what your ideals. They are always looking out for number one.

Drifters: Drifters is a title for those who want to participate but there are currently no open slots for them. Drifters may participate in the role play element of this contest only. If a gang looses a party member, they can then recruit a drifter to join their gang. The drifter will then move into an empty building and turn it into whatever they like.

The official list of players and characters can be found here.

The Goal:
Each gang wants to control Tumbleweed Valley. Whoever has the most influence has control of the town. At the beginning, each person will own their own building. Each week (hopefully) the three gangs will participate in some sort of contest. The gang that wins that contest then chooses a building owned by any rival gang and uses their influence to take it over.
*A Note about Secret Hideouts*: Each gang will have one secret hideout. This is the one and only location that is not allowed to be taken over by a rival gang. It is a *secret* after all!
At the end, which ever gang controls more of the town is declared the winner. (The only exception is that there will be one contest for each gang that they cannot participate in. It’s still even as every gang will participate in the same amount of contests.) In the event of a tie, then we will solve it the way any dispute is solved in the west…
We’ll have a shootout at high noon!

I’m a stickler for keeping a decent pace. I have a total of ten contests planned. With everyone’s cooperation, this role play should last about three months after it gets started. I’ve never actually hosted one of these before though, so don’t hold me to it. Before you join, please be sure you will be able to log on and participate at least every other day as there will be many decisions to make. Absences for real life reasons are expected; in that situation your gang’s leader will make decisions for you. If you are inactive for two weeks without letting anyone know why, your gang can kill you off and replace you with a drifter. (Hey, the Wild West was brutal!)

The Rules:
1. Follow all the role play rules of this forum!
2. Please!! Keep the amount of spam down. Only post questions, RP entries and things of a useful nature. This forum’s PM system is here for a reason! Each gang is encouraged to trade IM names; I will not dictate which one to use, as I do believe you are all big enough to decide amongst yourselves.
3. Adult Sims only please. (Yes, SIMS, not drawings or real people please.) If you enter an other-worldly sim, please choose to be on The Ugly gang.
4. It needs to be clear who your character is. Your character is allowed to have a family for support roles only and try to only mention them in passing. Whatever happens to your main character happens to your whole family.
5. There will be three rival gangs, there’s bound to be some friction. Please remember this is just a game, and please have fun with it! However, when speaking Out Of Character, make sure you treat even your rivals with respect.

Applications:
Please include the following information: Your character’s name, age, a short bio in which you mention which building they own in town, and the gang you wish to be a part of. Also include one full body shot against a solid color background. You are welcome to include one other shot of your choice to help portray your character’s personality. I will be happy to create avatars for those who want them. Just state in your application that you’d like one.

Suggestions:
Who you enter, and what they do in town is completely up to you. I thought I’d give some ideas for anyone who wants them.
1. Places in town: Saloon, Jail, Bank, Post Office, General Store, Doctor’s House, Cattle Ranch, Opium House, Firearms shop.
2. Some Characters: Undertaker, Gambler, Homesteader, Businessman, Lawman, Blacksmith, Preacher Man, Teacher, Performer… A Character doesn’t necessarily have to fit its stereotypical role. Perhaps the Sherriff is corrupt and is actually one of The Bad. Maybe the good Doctor used to be a local Medicine Man who found himself lured by the Town’s free flow of booze and is now part of the Ugly? Feel free to be creative!

Misc:
Applications will remain open until all three gangs are filled. Once each gang has elected their leader, then we will get started with the first competition. At this point others are still welcomed to join in the role play as a drifter (See Characters above). You may post an application without a picture to ensure you get your desired roll. However if your application is posted for two days and you do not update it with a picture it will become void, and that slot will be given to someone else.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here, or in PM. I hope this will be an enjoyable time for everyone!

(Giving credit where credit is due: I wish I could say all of this came from my own creativity, but I’m not that smart! A lot of inspiration, ideas, and even some text came from Coyote Trail a Wild West Role play book.)
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:11 PM
omg sounds amazing! definately entering *goes into game*
#3 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:37 PM
((See, I'm so quick off the mark!))

Jack Scarlet

Bio: A flamboyant and romantic highwayman, Jack's legend is one of the most infamous in the West. His criminal career began at the tender age of 12, being 'adopted' by a criminal gang as a pickpocket. By the age of 14, he was involved in his first armed bank-robbery. A year later, he shot a man dead in a gunfight. Wanted by both the town sheriff and his shady victim's gang, he stole a horse from a blacksmith and disappeared from the town. He now lives out a life shrouded in disguise, raiding goods trains and holding up banks, often even in front of audiences. Rather than revealing his own identity, he uses various pseudonyms including Red and Jack of Hearts. Despite his true identity being unknown, those who hear of his legend idolize him as a highly talented thief and gunman.
Gang: The Ugly. As long as he can carry on robbing from trains, he doesn't care.
Building: Jack prefers not to make his face known about town too much. Unknown to the people of the town, he owns the notorious Tumbleweed Inn - a tavern renowned for gunfights, also providing a den and safe-haven for black market trading and gang meetings.

Two other shots I did because Jack's such a poser:
Click and Click

Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:39 PM
Definitley. I'll get a character up soon.
#5 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:44 PM
(( Oh wow, I can't pass up this roleplay! *starts jotting down ideas for a character* ))
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 5:52 PM
*starts thinking of ideas and resisting strong urge to name character Laura Ingalls*

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#8 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:04 PM
((I added the building part If anyone's character is interested in co-owning the inn (provided you are one of The Uglies and willing to let them use it as a den), Jack would be happy to fund the inn whilst you appear to run it. I don't think he wants to hang around enough to actually manage and run the place, it'd make him a bit uneasy what with everyone actually seeing him xD

Heheh, I wanna keep him as human as possible.. but maybe he'll have red hair or accessorise with red...
#9 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:11 PM
Name: Julia Wilson
Biography: Sweet, caring, and always willing to help, Julia Wilson grew up with her mom and three sisters. She, being the middle child, followed in her mothers footsteps as a teacher, caring for her students and everyone around her. Her older sister moved away to the pursue her dreams, while her younger sister was soon married and moved also. Later her mother died, and Julia moved to Tumbleweed Valley. She continues to teach here, owning a schoolhouse. She still hopes that her sisters will come here to visit from time to time, for she misses them alot. She hopes that this town will soon come alive, becoming the best that it can be. Julia also has that southern accent, and that western slang, that she has been trying to make disappear for years
Gang: The Good
Picture:

I would also like an avatar when my picture comes. Also if the picture is too big just tell me.
#10 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:25 PM
Default Lolita
Name: Lolita
Biography: Lolita: name meaning seductress is only 19 and the prettiest girl in town - with the worst reputation. She works as a saloon girl with her best (and equally trashy) co-worker Aspen who is teaching her the "tricks of the trade"; and they both give drunk men a good time: if you know what I mean She never knew her parents and grew up fending for herself, helped by the young boys in the village and has had more "experiences" than you can count. However growing up the hard way left her eager for fun and adventure; plus some pretty muscular bodyguards to help her. Don't call her sleazy or one of her bad boy friends will put a bullet in your back before you can whip out that pistol. Of course, friends with anyone who is manly enough to have a gun, and knows how to use it.
Gang: The Bad
Picture:

(( urgh how disgusting are her shoes!!! ))

#11 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:28 PM
Name: Aspen Brooks
Bio: Working as a Saloon girl is even more exciting than it sounds. Apsen, born to a wealthy family of successful business owners could have been rich and possibly up there with the town higher-ups. Unfortunately, her bad relationship with her father and rebellious and (dare I say "sleezy") attitude, all hopes of boom were infatuated. Her father left her and her mother on the streets, keeping his only son, Cristen, to inherit the family fortune. Frustrated and poor, her mother had killed her ex-husband, and taught Aspen just how to do it. Shortly after, she fled town to return to the East coast to start a new life, leaving Aspen behind. Now all Aspen has to do is kill her brother Cristen to inherit the fortune, and live life like she should have been. Perhaps she might not have the "best" friends, but she is currently teaching her new found friend and co-worker, Lolita, the "tricks of the trade". So now, she works as a Saloon Girl, serving up a good drink and a good time to loney men. Which, in her opinion, is not a bad job. As a "plus" she also get's to watch all the gunfights, bar fights, town raids, etc. She wants to live a life of excitement and drama, not one of the goody-goodies (like her family) showing everyone how to live.
Gang: The Bad
Building: Owner of The Saloon/Bar
Pictures:

EDIT: darn, stylequeen we just always seem to have the same ideas for characters/roleplays. I'm going to PM you.
#12 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:29 PM
(( Aspen and Lolita sound like they're best friends lol ))
#13 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:30 PM
Default Roxana Morgan | Application
Name
Roxana Morgan

Bio
Roxana, known as Roxy, is works the bar at the co-owned Tumbleweed Inn. She respects her co-owner, Red, although she doesn't speak to him much, unless it includes her paycheck. She'll do anything to make a sale, from flirting to unrealistic promises to threatening at the point of a gun. Every man in town knows not to get too close to Roxy or she'll blow his brains out - unless he buys something from the Inn, of course. Roxy is a skilled fast-talker and quick with a gun. She shoots first and asks questions later, earning her a spot with The Uglies.

#14 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:30 PM
Name: Aberle White [and Halse: see below]
Bio: Aberle was once a normal boy living a quiet and unsuspecting life with his parents who owned the local firearms shop. He spent his days with his father, discussing what were the best guns and learning how to shoot; the average Western pastimes. However, one day the sheriff of their town burst into the shop and demanded his parents be taken away and locked up. Their smuggling of illegal foreign arms had been unearthed. His parents struggled rather than going peacefully with the sheriff, resulting in a rather brutal showdown that ended with their death. As the sheriff and the others left, they failed to notice that a small boy was huddling beneath the bed--leaving him all alone. Seeing the brutal beating of his parents, and being alone for quite some time drove Aberle temporarily insane. When he finally was reintroduced to civilization, he'd developed a cold hearted split personality, of which he named Halse. Soon after, he decided to continue his parent's legacy and move the firearms shop to an abandoned building in a town they called Tumbleweed Valley.
Gang: The Ugly
Building: firearms shop
Other: Halse is an astounding shooter, able to hit any target thrown at him whether in combat or in an organized course. Aberle, while good at hitting still targets at any range, is something of a klutz when it comes to fighting. He is known to trip and fall at the worst given moments, and he occasionally misses simple targets. It is unclear as to why there is such a great difference in skill between the two personalities.
Picture:

More pictures here and here.
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:39 PM
Woah! You guys are too fast for me!!

Stylequeen & Pandaness: You both say you work at the saloon, so neither of you own it. Perhaps one of you can be the owner, and the other will have a private residency?

Hamsterball & Haylifer - Okay, so which one of you stays at the Inn, and which one has a private residency?

I'm sorry to be a stickler guys, but it matters because which ever gang controls the most buildings at the end is the winner, so we need to be sure each gang starts with the same amount of buildings. Easiest way to do that is one building per player. When you RP you're free to roam the town so it doesn't matter that much.
#16 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:41 PM
well seeing as Lolita is only 19 i doubt she owns the saloon. i'll leave that to Aspen
#17 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:44 PM
Bwhahaha Apsen owns all XD But she'll have a special room upstairs for Lolita
#18 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:45 PM
...and her guests lol :P

thanks Pandaness
Test Subject
#19 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:49 PM
Name: Elizabeth (Ellie) Garnet
Bio: Ellie never really knew her real family, when she was four her parents were killed by one of the local gangs. Ellie was hiding in fear and, for some unknown reason, the leader took pity on her and raised her as his own. Ellie quickly grew accustomed to a life of crime. By the age of ten, she could already kill someone out of cold blood, and had already done so on numerous occasions.
To her allies, Ellie is a loyal friend and easy to get along with, but her allies are the only people who see this side of her. To her enemies, she is cold, cruel, and sadistic. She will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and she isnt afraid of who she would have to step on or even kill to get it.
There is one important thing many people must know about her, never call her by Elizabeth, those who do may most likley find a bullet in their head before they have time to say another word. She goes only by Ellie.
Gang: The bad
Building: General store
Picture:
I somehow stupidly totally lost the origonal headshot. Deleted it from here and also somehow deleted it from my computer as well, Im still not sure how I managed that. So thisll have to do until I feel like getting another one.

Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:49 PM
Name: Cristen Brooks
Bio: Son of a famous lawman :smash: killed by the Bad, Cristen is out for revenge. He joined the good, after they were impressed by his Ocelot-like gun slinging skills. His horse, Gibson, is his only friend. He also owns the cattle ranch. His parents divorced when he was young. He stayed with his father, but Aspen went with her mother. She returned one day, saying something about "ill-gotten," and she tried to kill him. But he just wants to keep his sister safe, and share the money with her.

Pic:
#21 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:50 PM
I have a question, it says on the character list that I'm on the good gang (may change) Is that because I own a business?

EDIT: I have another question, could I add a picture of the Saloon to my application? Just so people have a good visual of what it looks like (so they can roleplay more efficently?)
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 6:58 PM
Woot! I'm so excited! Uh, quick question...is this set before or after the Mexican American war? I kind of want Tom to have been a soldier, but if that's not possible, it's no big deal.

Name: Tom Delgado
Bio: Tom is a quiet man, keeps to himself and keeps his own council. He works at the post office, running the mail coach from Tumbleweed Valley to the other outposts. Most people think he's slow, but in truth he's very intelligent. He just doesn't like to show off that fact.
Born a slave, Tom was only 3 when he was freed by the Civil War. His family moved out west because they heard that things were better there, but they fell victim to lack of funds and were forced to settle in Oklahoma. When he was sixteen, Tom joined the army and fought in the Spanish-American war, trying to earn a pension to support his parents. He spent a month as a prisoner-of-war in Cuba, and when he was released, the war was over. He returned to the states and got a job at the post office in a town called Dover, but after a few years he began steadily moving to the west. When his parents died, he left the plains and headed for the great southwest, eventually getting a job in Tumbleweed Valley.
He's become somewhat of a fixture in the town, getting very little respect because of his color, but no one causes any trouble with him either. He's happy there.
Gang: The Good
Building: The post office (he lives in a room above it)

Pictures:

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
#23 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 7:05 PM
((Hmm, I'm happy with Jack owning a private residency, as he doesn't like to be around much. If he did though, nobody's allowed to know about it in the RP! As far as they know, it belongs to a retired old dear who is bedridden from the nose down. I just think it'd be a bit dangerous for an outlaw to have a permenant place of residence that people actually know about xD Because the sherriff can just waltz in and arrest him in his sleep... I dunno. Hamsterball, do you wanna own a house away from the inn or would you rather live in the inn? :p))
#24 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 7:08 PM
I have a question regarding the picture of our character. Does it have to be a sim, or can it be something else, such as a drawing or a picture off the internet?
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#25 Old 4th Jul 2007 at 7:10 PM
Name: Calista Barett
Bio: Calista is, despite her young age, already one of the most wanted criminals in the West. There's nothing she hasn't robbed; banks, trains, stage coaches, people on the street, you name it, she's robbed it, sometimes even disguised as a man. She loves explosives, and uses them at any given opportunity.
She was born to a Mexican mother and an American father, and although they were poor, she was raised well. However, as a child she was always intrigued by stories of outlaws, and her first crush as a young teenager was on a highwayman who, along with his gang, robbed the stage coach Calista and her family were travelling with. Instead of being frightened by the brusque and burly men, she was fascinated, and for a long, long time afterwards, she daydreamed about that one man whose piercing eyes had warned her not to make any sudden moves.
Years later, she realized her life probably wouldn't get more exciting than that, unless she took matters into her own hands, and so she left her parents and siblings to seek adventure. Before long she had joined up with a gang of robbers, and hasn't regretted it since.
Gang: The bad.
Building: Calista is the silent owner of the town livery stable, meaning she owns it but has someone else run it. It ensures a small profit, should her... uhh... "outings" fail at doing so. It also presents her with a great opportunity to "investigate" who might be worth robbing once they leave town (wouldn't want to give the livery a bad rep by robbing people while they're using it's services, now would she?).
So, this would all make her Livery Stable owner/outlaw.

The Livery Stable, seen from the main street (crappy pic, but it'll have to do):

--------------

I too am wondering the same thing as Haylifer, regarding buildings.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~

Page 1 of 49