Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#51 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 1:51 AM
*Research Lab*

Sharpp jumps at the sound of her voice and nearly knocks off the entire case of petri dishes. He swallows hard and tries to calculate a coherent response.

Sharpp: I-I uhh... I'm d-d-doing well, sir.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 1:55 AM
*Sickbay*

Counsellor D'ar: Hello, Dr. Lennox. Thank you for selecting me for your staff. This is my first assignment and I hope I will meet your needs. Do you wish to set my schedule yourself? Do you have any specific goals you wish me to pursue?

D'ar tentatively stretches out her hand to shake hands with Dr. Lennox.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 1:58 AM
*Research Lab*

Capt. Patton: I'm glad to hear it--

Patton's comm. badge goes off, followed by the computer's voice.

Computer: Incoming Message For Captain Patton.

Capt. Patton: taps badge Patch it through to Resarch Lab Five. to Lt. Riddle Do you mind if I take this in your office?

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:07 AM
*Research Lab*

Riddle: By all means captain.

*Sickbay*

Lennox returns the gesture and shakes the counselors hand, a strange human custom he never quite understood.

Lennox: I am quite pleased to have you on my staff, your credentials were excellent. However, I think you are quite capable of working autonomously. And as for now, it seems the most important goal would be the mental health and emotional well being of this crew. *smiles* I have a great deal of confidence in you.

Lennox could tell from her speech and actions that she was feeling most unconscious, accelerated heart rate, breathing. So he did his best to try to put her at ease. The soft voice and reassurance that organic beings seemed to be so dependent on.When in all actuality, he was just as nervous. This was his first medical command and he didn't quite know what to do with all the responsibility. Still, maintaining the facade of calm was necessary in this role. But he must be careful not to maintain too much control for that breeds lack of appreciation of life, cruelty... something he knew all to much about. The dark specters of his past haunted him constantly, but allowed him to keep in perspective the meaning of suffering.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:13 AM
*Sickbay*

D'ar shakes Dr. Lennox's hand tentatively.

"Well, I guess that went well considering he's not human. So I'm on my own (gulp). Time to put my training into action."

Walks out of Sickbay.

"Time to get out there and meet the crew".

Heads toward 10-Forward
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:16 AM
*CSO's Office*

Capt. Patton: Thank you, Lieutenant Riddle.

Patton steps into Riddle's office and accessed the computer terminal.

Computer: First Officer Commander Bijaj Has Reported For Duty At 0915 Hours.

Capt. Patton: nods, taps comm. badge Captain Patton to Commander Bijaj. Please report to my Ready Room at your convience.

She shuts off the terminal and goes back to where Lt. Riddle is waiting.

Capt. Patton: I'm sorry about this, but my First Officer has arrived and needs to be briefed. It was a pleasure to meet you, Lieutenant. leaves for the turbolift

It might look I'm doing nothing, but at the molecular level I'm really quite busy.
~Anonymous
Mad Poster
#57 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:19 AM
Col. Bijaj taps off her comm badge. "Hmmm, my meeting with the captain needs to take place. Although she's not Klingon, I hope she has the heart of a warrior."

Col. Bijaj: "Lt. Sarlak, take the helm."

Strides toward the Captain's ready room.
Original Poster
#58 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:25 AM
*Research Lab*

"Aye sir" Riddle says as the captain leaves the room, he stands near Sharpp who is still shaking.

Riddle: You'll get used to it, Sharpp. We'll make a fine officer of you yet.

Riddle heads for the bridge to take his post.

*The Bridge*

Riddle takes a seat at the science station and begins to check his sensor panels. Everything is in check, so he swings around in his chair and watches everyone on the bridge for a moment. And everything seems in place.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:32 AM
*Captain's Ready Room*

Patton arrives and makes herself comfortable while she waits for her new First Officer. It has been a hetic first day so far, she was ready for her last few Senior Officers to arrive so they can get this mission started.

Capt. Patton: Water with ice, twenty-five degrees Celcius.

A glass appears in the Ready Room replicator, she takes it and sits at the table to wait.

~Anonymous
Mad Poster
#60 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:41 AM
*Captain's Ready Room"

Col. Bijaj: "Lt. Col Bijaj reporting, sir! The bridge is ready for launch and all is awaiting your orders."

Col. Bijaj nods toward the Captain and stands at attention.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:51 AM
Ten-Forward

Counsellor D'ar walks into 10-Forward. She looks around. "The place is pretty empty right now." Everyone was at stations getting ready for take off. "Good time to meet the 'bartender'."

D'ar: "Hello, I'm the Ship's Counsellor, Threllon D'ar. I think from reading the crew files that you must be Katian Ryoux. Am I right?

Katian smiles and nods. "What may I serve you?"

D'ar: "Oh, a synthehol Pina Colada would be fine. I'm not on duty right now so I can celebrate our new mission a little. Tell me about yourself, Katian. May I call you Katian?"
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 2:52 AM
*Captain's Ready Room*

Capt. Patton: Thank you, Commander, but we can't leave until the rest of the crew arrives. motions to a empty chair Please, have a seat. How much do you know about our upcomming mission?

~Anonymous
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:00 AM
*The Bridge*

Riddle awaits the word of the captain and the first officer. The latter of which seems to be rather headstrong and forceful, even by Klingon standards. But the captain is far more reserved, more elegant. Her black flowing hair and delicate wrists, the alabaster shade of her skin... These thoughts were most unbecoming to a Vulcan, or at least a half- Vulcan. His human side had momentarily taken over him as his thoughts turned to what he would do with a moment alone with her. He pushes them from his mind and attempts to focus on his tasks. He could not afford such a distraction, and begins to wish he would have taken his Vulcan beliefs a bit more literally in regards to the suppression of emotion. For he believed all his life until this moment, that emotions must be controlled, not completly absent.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:00 AM
*Ten-Forward*

Katian busies herself with the pina colada while thinking about D'ar's question.

Katian: Most of my friends just call me Kati. So you can, too. smiles And as for myself... Well, there isn't a whole lot to tell. I'm an El-Aurian, so that's kind of rare, I suppose. What about you? Being a ship's Counsellor must be an interesting job...

~Anonymous
Mad Poster
#65 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:04 AM
*Captain's Ready Room*

Col. Bijaj snorts under her breath. This was a captain she could possibly respect.

Col. Bijaj stands down but still does not sit.

Col. Bijaj: "I prefer to stand, Sir! I have been given no details of our mission. I'm sure you will tell me what I need to know! I can only hope that our assignment will bring glory to the Empire...er, I mean to Starfleet!!"
Mad Poster
#66 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:12 AM
"10-Forward"

D'ar stares nervously at her hands and pushes back her hair.

Counselor D'ar: "Well, there's not much to tell. I'm Trill and I'm not joined as yet. This is my first assignment and I'm really looking forward to it. I thought this would be a good place to informally meet some of the crew and start to plan my schedule around their needs."

"I've never met an El-Aurian before but I have studied your culture. It's a sad tale!! Do you have any family?"
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:13 AM
*Captain's Ready Room*

Patton eyed the Klingon woman. This one was headstrong... and did she say 'Empire?'

Capt. Patton: Yes, well... Our mission will be primarliy to patrol the Federation side of the Romulan Neutral Zone. It's relativly a routine assignment, but I would like to use this opportuinity to test our crew's resolve and ability to perform. What I want from you is to keep an eye on crew performance and to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. If there are any problems, I give you full discression to handle it the way you see fit. Is that understood, Commander?

*Ten-Forward*

Katian: My mother is on Earth. After our... relocation, that's where we decided to live. I do have an godmother as well, but she is a bit of a traveler. We don't see each other as much as we would like.

What about you? Any family back on Trill?

~Anonymous
#68 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:24 AM
(((I'm really really interested in joining this, but I've never played a role play before. Does anyone have any good links for guides or references?

Anyways, I have an idea for a Bolian character, possibly a communications officer (yay for linguists!)))
Mad Poster
#69 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:24 AM
*Captain's Ready Room*

Col. Bijaj looks at the Captain steadily, her hands behind her back.

Col Bijaj: "Thank you, Sir. You may count on me to maintain order and discipline! If I may speak freely, Sir, any mission close to the neutral zone may be a dangerous one!! I will make sure to maintain military standards at all times."

"If that is all, Sir, I will return to the Bridge and await the remainder of the crew. As soon as all are accounted for, I will notify you!!"

Col. Bijaj nods her head towards the captain and turns to leave.
Original Poster
#70 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:29 AM
OOC: I have no resources to send you too. But we would be glad to help guide you through as needed.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:31 AM
(((OOC: Ditto, hello_komrade. :D)))

*Captain's Ready Room*

Capt. Patton: Thank you, Commander Bijaj. That'll be all for now. You're dismissed.

Patton waited until Bijaj left the room before she released the breath she had been holding. Klingons were a tricky bunch, and to have one as a First Officer... She'll just have to work that much harder to keep the peace among everyone...

~Anonymous
Mad Poster
#72 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:34 AM
*10-Forward*

Counsellor D'ar: Well, Kari, I do have family back on Trill. Most of them are in medical services. I took a little bit of a left turn in studying psychology but the "human" psyche fascinates me...I mean the psyches of all intelligent lifeforms....well, you know what I mean!!

D'ar twirls her glass, then sips the drink.

Counsellor D'ar: As an El-Aurian, you are a sensitive, aren't you? Maybe we could be allies in a sense...in helping our crewmates?

D'ar smiles nervously at Kari.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:40 AM
*The Bridge*

Col. Bijaj strides on to the deck and spots Lt. Riddle twirling in his chair, watching the crew.

Col. Bijaj: "Science Officer, report!"
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:43 AM
(((OOC: It's not anything major, edejan, but its 'Kati' not 'Kari.' )))

*Ten-Forward*

Katian: smiles In a manner of speaking we are. Most El-Aurians who have been in contact with a phenonmon called 'The Nexus' have shown to display a... Sixth-sense. Something that most other species can't claim to sense. Not to mention my people are nortorious as 'listeners'. I think we can help each other out.

~Anonymous
Original Poster
#75 Old 30th Oct 2007 at 3:46 AM
*The Bridge*

Riddle: *jerks to attention* All systems functioning at maximum efficiency, sir. All science personnel have reported for duty.

Page 3 of 158