Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:31 AM
Thanks for joining you guys!

And you do not need AIM to play. PMing is what most people will be using, but AIM is avaliable. If you want to communicate with your entire crew by PM you have to send two sets, so you can only PM 5 people at a time. Hopefully, it won't be a huge problem.

I'll add you three four now. Also, I need TWO-non pirates! One guy and one girl. You'll become pirates though, so don't worry. You'll just start out as a non pirate (Sort of like Elizabeth Swan & Will Turner).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:43 AM
Silly me... I didn't read it all. I got through the first paragraph and felt an overwhelming need to post. Okay, all I've got right now is a reeeeally crappy headshot, so don't judge it too harshly
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WooHoo
Silly me... I didn't read it all. I got through the first paragraph and felt an overwhelming need to post. Okay, all I've got right now is a reeeeally crappy headshot, so don't judge it too harshly

Haha that's fine lol.

Quote: Originally posted by XsnowdropX
huh? Umm.....Mona can be a nonpirate:P

Maybe? I guess>.<

Just sent you a PM with the details.
-------
Still need a Will Turner dude...
#29 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:46 AM
Default Gabrielle Alvarez
Name: Gabrielle Alvarez
Desired Crew: Oracle of the West (decedent from previous OTW)
AIM Avaliable: PlaidOnie
Short Bio:
Years after her mother left the Oracle of the West, Gabrielle was born. Her father was not known and so, she stayed by her mother's side, learning the ways of a pirate and the use of the sword. Then one day, Gabrielle's mother, Ana Maria, disappeared into the night, never to be seen again. Gabrielle was 9 and was to be brought up by the scoundrels of the streets.
(eh... it's late...)

Headshot:
#30 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:48 AM
Name: Emeraldia

Desired Crew: Oracle of the West

AIM Avaliable: Hamsterha

Short Bio: Both her parents were honest and gentle, just trying to get by in the world. When they gave birth to Emeraldia with her pale, greenish skin and emerald eyes, they have no choice but to get rid of her in fear of what the town would think. They sent her to her uncle who ended up a pirate, teaching her his ways and letting her follow in his footsteps. Over time she grew so close to the sea that it was rumored she had scales growing on the edge of her skin.
Unfortunately, a drastic change in the weather toppled her old crew into the sea, and through some miracle, she survived. Her uncle, however, was not so lucky, and died slowly and painfully. Emeraldia seeks a new crew and a new life far from the ones she once knew and loved.

Field Researcher
#31 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:55 AM
Do we have to use AIM, because I've got yahoo and MSN.

*edit*
I don't think it matters that there are descendents. I've been planning on entering Evelynn ever since the first Desperado. It'll be a nice bond that our characters can share
#32 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:56 AM
sorry woohoo, didn't notice you have a decendent too X(

edit: Too true, :D
Original Poster
#33 Old 28th May 2007 at 6:59 AM
I added both of you!

And yes, it has to be AIM sorry. If your entire crew decides they want either of those then no. But we'll have to wait for everyone to join your crew. The only one I have is AIM- and I just downloaded it for this purpose. Although, PMing will still be the main source of communication.

I hope you guys have a habit of cleaning out your boxes xD
#34 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:02 AM
LOL 123, I accidently made a typo in her name... um and you placed her as that, lol, so it's actually Alvarez not Alvrarez.
Instructor
#35 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:03 AM
I might enter..... I'll have something up tomorrow.
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:06 AM
Onie I'll fix it now. And thanks for considering psycho!

And it doesn't matter if your character is a descendent- I think it makes it more interesting. You can say your mom sunk the Black Pearl or something lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot another rule. No sexual rooms this season :wtf2:
Field Researcher
#37 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:09 AM
Don't worry, I wasn't planning on suggesting another Rainbow Torture Room. Evelynn is asexual, mostly because she hasn't met the "right" person. Roleplaying sex scenes on AIM isn't anything that I'd wanna get into anyway... so no worries about me. I'll be good :angel:
#38 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:36 AM
Oh! If you're still looking for a non pirate guy, I'd be happy to join with one!

So do i still fill out the same app. form?
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zixx
Oh! If you're still looking for a non pirate guy, I'd be happy to join with one!

So do i still fill out the same app. form?

Oh yep You mean the "Will turner"? Snowdrop actually picks the person, but in your form put that you're a non-pirate and you must be from the royal galleon (if you want to be him).

And thank you woohoo lol
Field Researcher
#40 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:01 AM
I'd love to be able to join this (it looks like it was a lot of fun last season, and I've really enjoyed being in 123321's current contest), but that'll have to wait for later in the day... Very exciting, though!

A question - Is this RP/contest going to require pictures, and will any need to be sim pictures? (I know you said they could be real or sim, but I'm interested if we can post pictures with the RPs or if we can't.)

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:13 AM
If you want go ahead and post pictures with your Rps- it makes the story more interesting, but they are not required! They don't need to be sims. It's really your decision.
#42 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:21 AM
Actually, I changed my mind, I just read the thing about having twins. So we CAN have twins? *looks at 123321 expectantly while making devious hand movements*
Original Poster
#43 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:33 AM
Yep yo u can have twins! They will count as one though, so if you die then the other one will die with it.

Hey this is the first set of twins in any of my contests! Yay lol..
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:49 AM
Hello! I haven't posted much on these boards, obviously, but I'm an experienced RPer and have been following THP III avidly, so this sounds like a lot of fun.

Name: Marisol de la Cruz
Desired Crew: The Royal Galleon (and I'd like to apply to be the female non-pirate)
AIM Avaliable: Miss Androny (easy, eh? *g*)
Short Bio: Very little is known about Marisol's childhood and youth, including her true name. She is believed to be born on Hispanola, the daughter of a French trader and a native mystic, a woman greatly admired by her people. Rumors of magic and otherwordly powers swirl about her, but only Marisol knows what dark magics might course through her blood. What *is* known is that Marisol's mulatto heritage kept her from being fully accepted in either world. At the age of seventeen, she was introduced to the elite Spanish society in Havana as a courtesan, charming her way into the beds of the highest men in the land. But Marisol knows her time as the Indies' most celebrated courtesan is limited, and longs for true self-sufficiency - so again and again, her heart turns towards the sea...
Marisol has a twin brother. They had been seperated for some years but found each other again recently. Although they do not interact publicly, Marisol and her brother Leon remain close.
Headshot:

I'm adding this because I was pleased how the mini-set I created for their photoshoot turned out. It was a lot of fun to do, actually!

Name: Leon Devereux
Occuptation: Assists a Port Royal tavernmaster.
Short Bio: Leon came to the tavernmaster some years ago seeking employment and shelter. The tavernmaster kept Leon on because of his incredible fighting skill - he spends his days breaking up fights among rowdy seamen and pirates. Leon's skills are unusual - he is strong, but it is his near-unearthly speed and cunning mind that make him a formidable opponent. In this, he prefers the use of daggers, although he often improvises with whatever is on hand.
Although repeatedly asked, Leon will not speak of how he received his training. The tavernmaster senses he will not be in his employ much longer; Leon is concerned by his sister Marisol's increased attraction to the seas...and perhaps someone else...?
Headshot:
#45 Old 28th May 2007 at 8:50 AM
Default Estelle & Liana Dubois
Oh, goodie!

No, really, i can't wait to get ingame and create 'em!

APPLICATION
Name: Estelle & Liana Dubois
Occupations: Barmaids
Desired Crew: The Royal Galleon
AIM Avaliable: Soon. I'm downloading it in a minute.
Short Bio: Estelle and Liana were born and raised in France, before coming to join The Royal Galleon. Both were born into a reasonably wealthy family until it was discovered that they obtained their money illegally, and the family was thrown into disarray. The twins moved to another part of the country and became Barmaids by alternating days they worked. Simply bored with their life, they decided to join The Carribean's Jewel. Liana is the bossier, more cunning of the two, while Estelle prefers to stay low and is a lot more friendly.
HEADSHOT HERE
Forum Resident
#46 Old 28th May 2007 at 9:24 AM
omg, this looks so awesome.. *wonders if she has enough time for two contest and two rps... hmmm.. ones ALMOST done... hmmm...

*runs off to make a PIRATE!*

Name: Dementia Sway
Job: Prostitue/thief
Desired Crew: The Caribbean's Jewel
AIM Avaliable: foolinthemoon
Short Bio: A true gypsy at heart, Dementia goes where the tide takes her, in this case, literaly. Her mother died at a very young age, leaving her to the only other family she had left, a band of gypsies. As she got older and started to mature she was kidnapped to work in a tavern as a bar maiden before being forced into prostitution. She became acustomed to the work and learned how to act and lie real quick. She learned a few sword skills from the patrons that passed through and even had the pleasure of killing a few for the extra gold.
Headshot

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:05 AM
Default Application
((Must .. resist ... Nooooo! I can't ))

Name: Estelle Fujijiwa
Crew: Carribean's Jewel
AIM available: I only have ICQ but think it works nevertheless ... name: Gerbera
Short Bio: As one can tell from the name Estelle has parents from different cultures. Her father was a Japanese Budo master, her mother a French noble woman. Nobody knows where and how the two of them met, not even Estelle herself. For the first 13 years of her life Estelle has lived in France at the house of her mother. During the days she was thaught by her governess and she learned all the things she would need as a future wife, but she also got the chance to read the books in the old library of their manor. This way she has taught herself English and learned a good deal about the world surrounding her. From her 7th birthday on she used to escape from the manor to go into the wodds, to the local healer. That woman had interesting stories to tell and also thaught her her art.
Unfortunately Estelle's mother became very sick and died. She had arranged that Estelle would be send to Japan, to her father.
From that time on, her life had been very different. Her father, who was a very proud man, didn't like her very much. If he had to have a child, he would have preferred a boy. He handled her as a boy and when he saw that Estelle wasn't as spoiled and weak as he thought he started to teach her Jiu-Jitsu.
When Estelle was 21 and already a very good fighter, her father died in a duel. After that she did not stay in Japan very much longer and travelled through the world, restless. On one of her journeys her ship had been attacked by pirates and she was fascinated. Beeing a curious person, Estelle has decided to find out what the life as a pirate is like.
Estelle is a very curious person, she thinks that knowledge is the same as power. She has learned to control her feelings and will never show much emotion. She is a great fighter and shows no mercy when she is duelling somebody. However, her healing skills are also quite good and when she is helping the sick, people get the rare chance to see her soft side.
Picture:

((I still can't believe that she was a random Sim in CAS that I didn't have to tweak much ...))
#48 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:09 AM
Name: Mickey O'Reilly
Job: Theif
Desired Crew: The Oracle of the West
AIM Avaliable: haylifer
Short Bio: Mickey O'Reilly - a good respectable professional Irishman. Eh, I mean Irishsprite. But scurryin' round the docks of Dublin tryin' to earn me way on theivery, that life's getting sure as boring I tell ya. So, I says to me ma; "Ma, I'm leaving, I'm off to start meself a good honest trade on the high seas as a Merchant-man." Well, if only me ma knew the truth her blood'd curdle. Cause I ain't leaving a life of petty crime to settle meself into good honest dealings, to be sure. No, I'm after adventure and all the rum I can drink. It's a pirate's life for me now. It's about time me theivery got stepped up a whack. I wanna pillage, I want to learn to use a real sword, and sail a real ship and all! So I say, bring me the horizon!

(I give you permission to vomit at my photoshop skills.)
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:31 AM
((*lol* So the Carribean's Jewel crew will be a bunch of girls with only 3 men?! Hmm .. What do think, should I change my app to make another man?!
Also, wasn't there a rule that no women were allowed on board of a ship becuase they wre said to be unlucky?! Just thinking ...))
#50 Old 28th May 2007 at 10:34 AM
But Gerbera, in POTC they have two women aboard!

I'll move Kate to the other ship if things need evening out a bit.. Or I can turn her into a really camp Irish male actor..

Page 2 of 110