Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:16 AM
"No. Cerebral edema and she's in a coma. I think Matt---Dr. Johnson is calling her nephew to ask if they can turn of life support. It's so sad for her to go like this. But then again I'm sure she would've died another way sooner or later."

Ebony sighed."...Have you been eating doughnuts again, Laura?"
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:20 AM
"....she had a good life, I bet," Laura said in a low tone, "And yes...I did have a doughnut today, but I've tried to be healthier! Instead of my usual chock'late sprinkles, I had a strawberry one!"

((Last post for awhile))
Original Poster
#53 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:25 AM
Ebony shook her head. "Laura, Laura, Laura. Time to head home, I reckon. I have a feeling Matt won't be joining me tonight." She gave her a hug and ran out of the clinic and hailed a taxi, heading home.
Scholar
#54 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 6:28 AM
"I have to drop by Puffs N' Pastries, Mr. Green baked a new pie just for me! I'm taste-testing it for him," Laura chuckled, "Bye Ebony[b]!"

[b]Laura
was as naive as a five year-old and had the maturity of a one year-old. She adored pies, pastries, doughnuts, especially.
Original Poster
#55 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 12:18 PM
((If no one applies before the end of Scenario 1, I'll cut down the numbers required and we can begin to RP for real! Is that okay with everybody?))
#56 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:14 PM
((Yes))

A.J. wandered down the empty sidewalk, thinking to himself. His eyes were averted to his feet as he thought. It had really suprised him when he had found a letter from the mayor adressed to him. He bet the old man didn't even know who he was...... along with 99% of this town. A.J. sighed, he should really not be suprised he was pretty much unknown, he had moved recently and was a bit of an introvert.

A.J. turned and sat on a nearby bench. He thought about the cruise..... and if he ever did write a book, would be an interesting part of it. So many things could go wrong on a cruise ship....
Instructor
#57 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:37 PM
Name:Ava Blackwood
Short Bio: Ava was excited to go on a cruise for 3 days. It meant she could have a break from her stressful work life in the police force. She left her husband (also a police officer) behind, because he was working on a case. Ava was devastated when she returned to Croatoan, to find her husband dead from the Croatoan virus. The city she loved had been ruined. As a police officer, its Ava job to take control and help protect the surviours. She wants to but a stop to the Croatoan virus, but she knows she cant do it single handedly.
Head Shot:
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:42 PM
((Thanks for entering, littlesunshine! I don't want to sound like a nitpicker, but do you think you could possibly use a sim? If it's too much trouble I'll make an exception.))
Instructor
#59 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 2:58 PM
((Oh no i will thats fine))
Original Poster
#60 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 3:00 PM
((She's very beautiful. =) Thank you very much.))
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 3:21 AM
((>< Can someone please explain where everyone is. I'm just a TAD lost.))
Original Poster
#62 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bexstar
Scenario 1: RP IN PROGRESS!
It is a couple days before the cruise and your character is living their life as per usual. What dramas will life bring? How petty the troubles will seem after they return from the cruise.
This RP will last from Sunday, 6th Jan - Wednesday, 9th Jan

((They're all in Roanoke.))
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 10:18 AM
Default Lijlina Stambolovic
Lijlina’s delicate hand released the book onto the floor, letting out a deep sigh. She shifted onto her side and allowed her heavy eyes to drop effortlessly. Her mind now at ease, slowly adjusting to her brief stay in Roanoke. Her first intention was to only stop by for a few days, at the most a week, before taking a flight out and continuing onwards to Ukraine. However, shortly after her arrival in Roanoke, she received a call explaining that the court trial had been postponed for another month. Lijlina was to be interpreting for the defendant, Akbar Nassif, on his previous civil war crimes. Instead of flying back to France, she decided to stay with Vanja until the trial. Her thoughts ceased and Lijlina drifted off to sleep.

She lifted her eyes abruptly, suddenly awoken by a clanking of mugs echoing in the kitchen. Carelessly, she hauled herself up and walked into the kitchen, the well-worn wooden floors creaking as her limp feet tread over them.

“Though I might make you some coffee to wake you up” Vanja voiced sincerely. Lijlina detected the forlorn in her voice, and saw it as her way of apologizing about the noise. She nodded to that and sat herself down onto a bar stool, grasping onto the mug and pulling it up to her face. The aroma of freshly made coffee filled the room and began to pull her into reality again. “So, Lina, remember you’re going on that cruise in a couple days. You’ll need to gather some more sanitary things like toothpaste. You’re not borrowing mine again”.

Lijlina cringed at the thought of being away from work for three whole days. What was she going to do on a cruise anyway? She took a sip of her coffee and immediately returned it to the table. Her eyebrows furrowed as the bitter taste danced around her taste buds. “Auuk. What did you put in this?”

“Oh please, it’s not that bad!” Vanja gulped down some more of her coffee then left the kitchen, giving Lijlina a light tap on the head as she walked past. Lijlina got up and poured the coffee down the sink. It was getting late in the morning and she had some errands to run. She dressed, fixed her fair hair up into a loose bun then left the small house with Vanja’s dog, Sasha. As she paced down the busy street, her eyes wandered from face to face, in case she recognized anyone she knew.

*Approachable*

[[Here's a picture of Vanja, I thought I might show you guys in case I use her later on in the RP.]]
Original Poster
#64 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:10 AM
As the morning light crept into her bedroom after a restless night, Ebony, tangled in her doona, fell out of her bed.
"Ugh..." She muttered, pulling herself up via her bed. Her usually flat hair had sprung into its natural waves, and the makeup she had forgotten to wipe off was smudged across her pillow and face. Basically she looked a wreck.

Stumbling into her kitchen in a pair of capri tracksuit pants and a tank top, she flicked on her coffee machine and drank it black. Doubt filled her mind as to whether she would go on the cruise and leave Matt. Doubt filled her mind about Matt; was it truly working? He didn't respect her at all at the hospital, and got a little to emotional when a patient died.

"God I need a muesli bar," Ebony sighed, tying her unruly hair into a high ponytail, she opened her pantry and tore open the box of muesli bars, "Yum." She stated dryly, throwing the wrapper into the bin.

Polishing off her morning snack, she walked into her perfectly clean bathroom and ran the shower to a high heat. The steam filled the room and blurred the mirror. Pulling off clothes, she stepped into the shower and sighed as the hot water ran through her hair.

Changed into a denim jacket over a white top and white skirt, her usual type of outfit, she headed out of the house in her usual fashion, grabbing her keys from their holder, grabbing her handbag off the table.

"God, am I in a rut?"
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 11:35 PM
Annalisa finally arrived at the supermarket breathing a bit hard. I need to get out more, she thought to herself, breathing hard after less than a mile.

There was a bench she had passed a block or so back, and she decided it would be far too much effort to do her shopping now. She went back to sit down and saw that some red headed kid had sat down in the meantime. She shrugged, it was a public bench, if he minded her sitting next to him, he was welcome to move. She smiled lightly and said, "Hello," before plopping herself down and stretching out her legs.

((OOC: She's talking to AJ))

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 12:09 AM
Daan awoke in a deep sweat. Beads dripping down his chin and down his chest he looked to his left to find a bare pink haired woman. He scratched his head unknowingly and gathered himself to leave this woman's apartment before she woke up.

10 minutes later

Daan took out a cigarette and rolled down the window of his Civic. The radio blasted a loud "...We'll carrrry on!!!" and Daan followed the words as they weaved through his mind. Finally arriving at his appartment and parking on the busy street below, a black short haired lady jogged towards his car and Daan pulled down his window.

"How was work?" The woman said and moved in to give him a kiss. It was tender and way more passionate the pink haired woman provided. "It was..."

"What's that on your face?" She said, her grin slowly dicipating into a frown. Daan rubbed his face and replied, "Uhh, what?" In a daze his stomach dropped and he suddenly became worried.

"Is that lipstick?! Were you with someone else lastnight!" She was furious and slapped him in the face as tears ran down her face smearing her makeup creating an even more depressing mood. Before Daan had the chance to regain his mental balance she stormed away and turned around before walking into her apartment. "Your not welcome in this apartment!"

The glass door to the apartment closed and that was the last he would ever see of her...
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 5:24 AM
Default Lijlina Stambolovic
There were times when Lijlina felt as if she had no real home. A secure, familiar place she could always turn to. As with her career came along many visits to various parts of Europe, even other continents. She never quite settled down, and she assumed this was the result. Of course, most of her stress was really all in her imagination and perhaps just her apprehensive self talking to her.

The wind was beginning to pick up, Lijlina cursed as her light-weighted green dress flew up into her face. The weather was obviously having an effect on her demeanor. She tighten her grip on the strap of her handbag as she neared the post box. Sasha was getting on her nerves too, pulling even the slightest bit on the leash made Lijlina grimace. She came to a halt and slipped the two letters and package into the post box, sighing with relief as her list-of-things-to-do shortened. Though, Lijlina still clasped onto a single blue envelope. Did she want to send it? Did he want to receive a letter from her? She couldn’t strain their relationship any more, not now.

She turned away sharply and continued to walk down the street. As her eyes flickered around the crowd of heads, she noticed something particular about an auburn-haired woman walking in her direction. There was something telling Lijlina to greet her, maybe she knew her from somewhere? Her turquoise eyes gazed at the other woman’s waiting any response.

[[Hope you don't mind Bexstar.]]
Scholar
#68 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:39 AM
((I hope you don't mind this, Bec))

Laura smiled as the fresh summer breeze tickled her hair, "Alright, time to call the number on the letter," she smiled as she glanced upon it, "888-23-27-24-28, was it?"

"Yes, hello, I'm here about the letter, I've received it!"
"PLEASE HOLD," answered a middle-aged Chinese woman, which was soon followed by a beep.

"Oh my, young miss! Laura, is it?" a fat old man chuckled, "You've received the cruise letter, hohoho! Well, here are the details, then," Laura reached out for her novelty pen and a piece of hotel stationary, "Roanoke Harbor, 3 pm, and it's for just for a week, be punctual, the cruise ship will leave, with or without you!"

"That was a nice man, well, time to pack!" Laura enthused as she put the phone down and started to pack.
Original Poster
#69 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:44 AM
((It's not the day before the cruise just yet. ))
Scholar
#70 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 7:47 AM
((She just called the number on the letter....unless I'm being dodo brained >.<))
#71 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FurryPanda
Annalisa finally arrived at the supermarket breathing a bit hard. I need to get out more, she thought to herself, breathing hard after less than a mile.

There was a bench she had passed a block or so back, and she decided it would be far too much effort to do her shopping now. She went back to sit down and saw that some red headed kid had sat down in the meantime. She shrugged, it was a public bench, if he minded her sitting next to him, he was welcome to move. She smiled lightly and said, "Hello," before plopping herself down and stretching out her legs.

((OOC: She's talking to AJ))

A.J. looked over,
"Hello" he replied, examining her.

She looked nice, probably only a few years older than himself. He thought he had seen her before.... maybe in the line for groceries, or in a parking lot somewhere.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Jan 2008 at 9:05 PM
Abby handed the letter to Aeryn.

"Finally a little bit of good news for you." Abby smiled while Aeryn quickly read over the letter."Who are you going to take?"
"You don't have to ask. Of course my favourite sister is coming."
"I'm your only sister. Wouldn't you rather someone your own age, not your frumpy big sis?"
"Frumpy? My ass."

Aeryn looked at her sister lovingly, they had been orphaned when Abby was 17 and Aeryn was 5, although Abby had never gave up, she was always there for her. She had sacrificed college, night outs, and her teenage years to raise a young girl.

"So what date is the cruise on?"
Aeryn looked over the letter. "Wait a minute? It doesn't say anything about a friend or anything. I'm not going on my own."
"Maybe it would be fun, a kind of adventure. You should go."
"I don't think so. I don't really feel comfortable going on my own."
"Don't be a geek. Your a confident go-getting young woman now. You better go." Abby crossed her arms and this meant business. "No excuses. Call that number for the details."
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 2:37 AM
((Thanks for joining! I'll add you to the list.))
Scholar
#74 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:13 AM
"Let's see, microwavable spaghetti? Check! 1 week's supply of doughnuts! Check! Oh, I must be missing something," Laura rummaged through the pile of junk that was once her floor.

"My pie recipe! Checkity-check. Now for non-food items, my swiss army knife, for when my pie needs cutting, you can never trust these cruise ships, my supply of zip-lock bags to seal the freshness of the doughnuts, and last but not least!"

Laura picked up a worn-out bear with an eye missing and shouted, "MR CUDDLYWUFFLES! You've been with me since...you know, the place that we're not supposed to talk about, not here anyway, we don't want the neighbors to find out anything," said Laura in a hushed voice.
Original Poster
#75 Old 9th Jan 2008 at 11:51 AM
NOTE TO ALL:

Okay, Scenario Two will officially begin in a day. Tie off the loose ends and finish off your RPs, it is now night time in Roanoke. Have fun!

TIME: 12:00am
Ebony sat down on a bench and smiled at a woman who she vaguely recognised from around town. Don't you hate it when you can't put a name to a face?! Trying as hard as she could to think of her name, she decided to go over to her.

"Hello." Her mouth widened to a grin. "I'm really sorry but your name has totally slipped, could you help me out?" Feeling embarrassed and rude, she fiddled with the frayed ends of her denim jacket, pulling the rogue threads out. It was a bad habit she had retained from childhood along with biting her nails. Both her mother neither liked nor tolerated.

Page 3 of 10