Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2008 at 3:42 PM
Default Queen's Clothes - Fashion/Office RP - New RP Thread {Apps always open}
{FREEFORM!}

Attention Roleplayers! I made a decision about the posts, and I decieded that the minimun lines in a post have to be 6+. This is because, as a mod said before, we will have less posting and more life in the roleplay.

You walk upon a large building. The first thing you see is the door on wich is printed: 'Queen's Clothes'. This will be your first working day with this new clothing brand. You place your hand on the large glass doors and you gently push them open. A woman is waiting for you.

"Hello" the woman says with a warm smile.
"My name is Cecilia, welcome to 'Queen's Clothes' i'm guessing you're new here? I kind of own this place, well... my mother does now. But I will soon, just follow me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rules:
-This is a Freeform roleplay. But there will be (sometimes) some events.
-Follow the regular S2C rules and the roleplay rules.
-Have Fun

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome to 'QC'. A new fashion brand set up by Felicia Queen. You can work here as these different occupations:

Secretary - 0 Spots (Will be a regular office worker)
Delilah Stanton
Amber Radisson
Chris Allen
Aaron Hymiuos
Alicia Reed

Model - 0 Spots left
Lotta Gustaf <- Dropped out
Cilla Reyes
Mickey Rumor
Chloe Williams
Jericho <- Dropped out
Aylen Chosovi <- Dropped out
Chinsa Wantanabe
Jeisa Intel
Chi Ambrussio
Briana Jones

Designer - Unlimited Spots
Jayden Bell
Nicolao Leao-Pires
Chelsea Dane
Kris Teragon
Will Evans
Emily Landsdale
Sapphire LeDora

Assistant Manager - 0 Spots
Gavin Ruppetts
Rielle Drake
Hannah Tyler

'Regular' Office workers - Unlimited Spots
Audrey Smithers

Cliƫnts - Unlimited
Jamie Wilkinson
Andrew Valdermin
Warren Prince

Custom - Unlimited Spots
Elektra "Lexi" Hansen
Alexander Radisson
Ellen Brown

Manager 0 Spots
Cecilia Queen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
List:

Name:
Personality:
Headshot:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Cecilia Queen
Bio: Cecilia Queen is the daughter of Felicia Queen, the founder of QC. Since Felicia is getting old even if she just set up the whole thing, Cecilia will be taking over the place in no time.
Personality: Can be mean, doesn't really care about other people's feelings, does almost everything to get what she wants.
Headshot:
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2008 at 7:49 PM
((Oh sure Ofcourse))
Theorist
#3 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 4:54 AM
((Shall we pick up from where we left off, or move ahead a few days/weeks/months/years?))
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 6:04 AM
OK, I'm going to put a designer in here...

Name: Emily Lansdale
Bio: Emily came from a working-class family near Buffalo. Her mother is a nurse and her father is an electrician, and she has an older brother studying for a degree to teach English. Her mother has always encouraged her to follow her dream of working in the fashion industry, although her dad took some convincing. He finally came around when she got a scholarship to the Rhode Island School of Design. Emily has now graduated from RISD with an Apparel Design degree, and was excited to land a job at Queen's because she'd heard that they employed mostly young designers with new and fresh ideas. She doesn't expect to be too high on the totem pole, though, and she's actually been pleasantly surprised at how little grunt work she's had to do so far. When they said she'd be designing clothes, they meant it.
Personality: Emily has always been a shy girl who is most at home with other artsy people. She is quiet and reserved around new people. Around her friends, she's funny and cracks a lot of jokes. She's not very aggressive and will usually go with the flow, but fights fiercely if you back her into a corner. Emily is a romantic at heart, and she doesn't really do flings or one-night stands. Her standards are pretty high, and after a few relationships in college, she's out looking for a decent guy again.
Headshot: I only have a body shot right now...

Headshot to follow.

May I start posting?
#5 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkPhoenix
((Shall we pick up from where we left off, or move ahead a few days/weeks/months/years?))

Months...?
#6 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 9:07 PM
{[Decided it wouldn't kill me to join an RP...So, here's my app...thing.]}

Name: Audrey Smithers

Bio: Audrey is a small town girl, shipped off to the big city to pursue a better paying job. Though she isn't exactly the prettiest, or best worker, she tries really hard to do what needs done, hassle free.

She has an identical twin sister, and three brothers. Growing up in a large family, Audrey learned to deal with impaitience in a one-bathroom house. Currently, she lives with her boyfriend of three years in a two bathroom apartment with a great view.

Personality: Outgoing, friendly, courageous, and fabulous.

Headshot:

{[Tada!]}
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 9:20 PM
((I don't really care, but months is ok.))
Scholar
#8 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 9:37 PM
((Months sounds ok to me too ))

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#9 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 9:46 PM
Can we start posting, then? I'll have to read through the previous thread...

(I heart your icon, Slytherin-girl. All kinds of awesome.)
#10 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 9:55 PM
{[BTW, Anne, you've put Metatwaddle's app as mine...though that one if normal. ^.^]}
#11 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 6:23 AM
((I am assuming that Delilah had the baby? since months had passed oh I am not leaving the RP.))

Chinsa was packing her things away in boxes. When she picked up and old photo album. Their were pictures from Delilah and Gavin's wedding.
Pictures when everyone came to visit her at the hospital, and pictures of the 2nd generation of Statton-Ruppets. Great times in her life, all memories tucked away in boxes.She tried to convince herself that she wasn't leaving forever, but she knew the truth. This city she loved was suffocating her she needed a break. But the truth was she didn't know if she was coming back at all.But breaking away and leaving got easier each time she did it. But it was different this time these people weren't just colleagues, party buddies they were almost in a whacky wierd way family, or as close as one could get to such things. The one time there wasn't anything or anyone keeping her from leaving is the one time she didn't want to go. She started to cry, but quickly regained control she placed the boxes in her car and drove away. She wasn't gone for good just on a long vacation.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 7:48 AM
It was 9 in the morning and Emily Lansdale's day was already lousy. For one thing, it was Monday, and for another, Emily had a headache. Also, one of Queen's biggest competitors had come out with a new season's worth of stuff at a fashion show on Saturday, and it was getting good reviews from the newspapers. The magazines would publish their comments next Sunday, and they were also likely to be positive. Queen's was now under even more pressure than before for the coming season.

Also, Emily was out of printer paper.

She stood up to get another ream, then remembered that she was a designer, and there were office grunts and secretaries whose job it was to do this sort of thing. Emily glanced around to see if she could find one who wasn't busy. As usual, there was a small gaggle of them to the left of the water cooler, gossiping or exchanging skin care tips or whatever it was that they talked about.

Emily wandered over to the cooler, hoping to make eye contact. The workers ignored her. She cleared her throat softly. They still didn't seem to notice that she was there. "Um," she said timidly, and still had no success. Well, it wasn't Emily's style to be loud, but sometimes she needed to get people's attention.

"Scuse me," she said loudly, walking up closer to the workers. "I'm out of printer paper. Do, uh, does one of you think you could get me some? I need to print out a couple of designs."

((Any secretary or office worker can respond... Audrey, you want to get in here?))
Theorist
#13 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 2:55 PM
Delilah walked into Queen's Clothes, grinning broadly. The past few months had been good ones, though not without their surprises. She had given birth, at last, after spending months astonished by the ultrasound images-- she was having twins-- and when she did give birth, Michael came first, and Amanda came out second. Immediately, her mother volunteered to take care of the children while Delilah and Gavin were at work, and Delilah accepted.

Delilah admired the new dress she was wearing, a rather old-fashioned-looking black dress with ribbons set into the skirt and top, and paired with black boots. Not bad at all, she thought approvingly.

She overheard a woman say "Scuse me. I'm out of printer paper. Do, uh, does one of you think you could get me some? I need to print out a couple of designs."

Delilah glared at the lazy workered briefly before hurrying over. "Hi," she greeted the newcomer, "I'm Delilah. There's printer paper in all the closets right next to the elevators on each floor, not too far from the vending machines and coffee machines."
#14 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 4:07 PM
Audrey snapped out of her daze, noticing a rather nasty glare from someone, and another woman had asked for printer paper. Obviously, the answer had already been given, but whatever. She smiled broadly, pointing at the same cabinent that this lady had mentioned.

"Sorry...I was kinda' dozing. But, yes, the printer paper is over there." Audrey smiled and went back to typing. She didn't exactly know what she was doing, but the instructions were vague. She typed in the number and went along doing that. She wasn't too fond of this job. The people were nice, the pay was good, but she really did miss her window-side cubicle back home. And the view...she'd just have to deal with the nice view from her apartment window instead.
#15 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 6:47 PM
((So I am sneaking on the computer like a silly child so I'll try to keep this short))
Chinsa was stopped at a roadside resturant and decided to text Delilah. She whipped out her cellphone and wrote
Hey D,
hope your ok, send my love to the twins,and the whole gang show the new employees no mercy! Watch out for Cecilia, It doesn't appear she's going to call a truce anytime soon, but twins might slow her down a bit. Dont forget to smile and stay gorgeous!
Sincerley,
Chinsa

She smiled a bit then decided to send a postcard to queen's clothing.
It read:Wish you could be here!
It had a space for a personal message Chinsa wrote Sorry, Cecilia I know your busy but I had to take a leave of absence for awhile, be back whenever, Truly Sorry Chinsa
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 9:07 PM
((It was already very long known Cecilia was going to have twins So it's baby's lol.))

Cecilia woke up by the crying of the two unbeatable twins. She groaned and got out of bed. On the way to the twins' room she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked like shit. Ever since Noah and Macey had been born, they wouldn't let her sleep, or even eat. It was hell. But it was worth it. She loved the twins, they had became the most important thing in her life. And she would do everything to make them happy. She hadn't seen Gavin or anyone for a long time. She had called and called for babysitters, but there was no one ofcourse. So she had to stay home from work. She wanted to talk to someone, badly. Her brother Micheal had left and got his own place, so she couldn't talk to him. She took her phone.
Hey Gavin!
I was wondering how you were doing.
I hope you can handle QC...
I'm really sorry for not being there but the twins are taking all my time.
How was the honeymoon?
C.
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 4:19 AM
Amber walked out of the office, searching for Delilah. She had been doing, it seemed, nothing but fill out form after form and take care of things that Cecilia couldn't now that she was on maternity leave.

She really needed some tea desperately, and knew her friend could always be counted on to have a good supply of caffeine stashed away somewhere. Amber couldn't stand the crap they served in the office so she was relieved to see Delilah standing near the water cooler.

"Delilah" she called, walking over and throwing her arms around her "My saviour. I need caffeine, please tell me you have some tea for me somewhere".

(( OOC: You would NOT believe the trouble I'm having trying to find Delilah a wedding dress I like for her -.-))

SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:02 AM
Just as Emily walked over to ask about printer paper, two people rushed to give her an answer. One was swooping down from... well, Emily didn't know where, and she introduced herself as Delilah. One of the workers typing nearby confirmed Delilah's report, and claimed to have been dozing. She had red hair, a completely different color from Emily's red. Emily didn't know her name, and figured she'd ask later. To Delilah she said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Emily."

Then a third girl came up and threw her arms around Delilah's neck in a gesture that Emily thought belonged more in high school than in a professional workplace. She asked Delilah for caffeine, and Emily suggested, "You know, I think there's coffee machines over by the elevators." She pointed. "Coffee has more caffeine per ounce than tea. I'm going over there to get some printer paper and grab coffee while I'm at it." She looked at the girl with the strawberry red hair. "You could get some too, if you're dozing off," Emily said to her.
Scholar
#19 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 6:09 AM
"Well everyone knows that, h*ll my 4 year old nephew coulda told you that" said Amber, still refusing to let go of Delilah "And it's also common knowledge that the office coffee tastes like sewer sludge. That's why I love Delilah oh so much because she hoardes the good stuff".

Amber
looked over at Emily and smirked. "Besides, I like tea better anyway. I'm Amber by the way, Amber Radisson. I'm Cecilia's..well I suppose Gavin's at the moment till she get's back...secretary. You're a designer right?"

SixWordStories
#20 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 7:03 AM
((I've been watching this RP for a while, so I thought I'd better join.))
Name: Ellen Brown
Bio: Growing up in a bad part of town in England, Ellen didn't graduate from high school nor did she have the funds to go to college. However she managed to get away. Currently living with her less than faithful boyfriend in an apartment, she works for the company that brings the workers of Queen's Clothes their morning tea and lunch along with keeping the fridge stocked. Ellen does this twice a day alone.
Personality: Sarcastic with a quick wit, Ellen is a caring person though she doesn't like to show it.
Headshot:
Coming soon.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 7:54 AM
Emily blushed a deep pink when the hugging woman told her that her four-year-old nephew knew about the relative caffeine content of coffee and tea. Clearly, Emily was being mocked - and by a secretary who wasn't doing the actual creative work around here. Defensive remarks, rude ones, rose into her throat, but she bit them down and said, "I just thought you might want the one with more caffeine." It wasn't an uncommon position among young coffee-drinkers. If people cared more about taste than caffeine content, shots of espresso wouldn't be so popular. Emily, for her part, liked black coffee with no frills, but found espresso too bitter.

Here at Queen's Clothes, it appeared that the secretaries cared about the taste of coffee, but the management didn't. And apparently the only way to get good coffee around here was to be friends with Delilah. The woman hugging Delilah introduced herself as Amber, and didn't seem to be too impolite now. "Yes," said Emily, "I'm a designer. My name's Emily, although, uh, you probably heard me tell Delilah that. It's nice to meet you." Amber had been approaching just as Emily had introduced herself to Delilah.

"I haven't met Cecilia," said Emily, who felt that this was a good thing, based on what she had heard of the Queen Bee. "She's on maternity leave, right? I heard she was having twins." Emily wondered why Gavin didn't have his own secretary - there certainly seemed to be plenty of secretaries around the office - but probably Amber was just helping Gavin out with his extra work caused by Cecilia's absence. "Anyway, if you guys are getting drinks, could I have some coffee? I got a cup on the way here, but I could use some more. Then I have to get my printer paper and get back to work. We're tweaking designs for the show in two weeks." This was technically true, but Emily was actually planning to print out something entirely different - a new design that she'd sketched over the weekend and redrawn using her tablet.
Theorist
#22 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:23 PM
Delilah took a breath. She was not in the mood for drama at this point in time. "Ladies, please. Preferring tea over coffee doesn't make you a better person. And it really depends on what kind of tea or coffee you're drinking, as far as energy goes. If you're drinking tea with gingko, then you'll have a junkload of energy." She gave Emily a broad grin. "By the way, as you may have guessed, I'm Delilah Stanton-Ruppetts. Gavin Ruppetts and I got married a few months back and had a couple of kids. I'm also his secretary."

Delilah chuckled. "And they say workplace romances don't work out, eh? But whatever. If you need anything, feel free to come to me."

Delilah rummaged through her purse and tossed Amber several teabags. "This blend will give you enough energy to run a marathon and then take care of ten kids," she said. "Special blend I like to use. It tastes really good too."
Scholar
#23 Old 27th Jan 2008 at 2:57 PM
"You're my hero" Amber said, laughing as she caught the tea bags "But in the purse Delilah? Wow you really do have a problem".

Then she turned back to Emily. "I didn't mean anything rude by it. It's just one of those things everyone seems to know. And I don't even have a nephew, unless my brother's not telling me something. And yeah, Cecilia had twins. Noah and Macey. Pretty cute actually. Though Michael and Amanda are infinitely cuter." she said, turning back to Delilah "No contest. Though I bet their first words'll end up being coffee".

SixWordStories
Field Researcher
#24 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 2:09 PM
Delilah cut in, sounding like she was trying to defuse drama when none was arising. Emily looked at her, a little nonplussed, as she tried to calm down a situation that didn't need it. At least the most patronizing line - about tea, coffee and not being a better person - seemed to be directed at Delilah's friend, Amber.

Delilah explained that she had just had twins, too, and she was Gavin Ruppetts's secretary. "Congratulations," Emily said, and smiled. "On both, I mean. The kids and the wedding." It didn't escape her notice that if Gavin and Delilah had gotten married only a few months ago, and they'd already had twins, she must have been pregnant at the wedding. Perhaps that was why they'd gotten married at that moment? They wouldn't have been the first couple to do so.

It was useful, though, to know that Delilah was Gavin's wife. Emily worked for Gavin - well, actually she worked for Cecilia, but she certainly had to answer to Gavin. So it wouldn't do to get into a fight with Delilah. Not that she had any intention of getting involved in office politics, let alone fights, but it was still good to know in case it was unavoidable and she had to choose sides. Anyway, Delilah seemed pretty easy to get along with.

Emily immediately liked Delilah's choice of names for her children. Michael in particular was a good, solid, classic name, with the important merit of ensuring that the kid would never get mocked for his name in school. And if the kids looked like their parents, they must be cute. Gavin was a pretty good-looking guy, and Delilah was very pretty too.

"Do you have any pictures of them?" Emily asked Delilah. Of course she had to; every new parent seemed to have pictures of their kids, and most showed them to complete strangers without any request. Emily thought kids were cute, but she was mostly doing it to be polite. There were other questions she wanted to ask, though, like 'Do you have any good coffee' or maybe 'Do any unmarried straight guys work here,' but here she was, doing the stereotypical girly stuff like asking for pictures of people's kids while gathered around the water cooler. Oh well.
Theorist
#25 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 4:48 PM
Delilah chuckled. "Yeah, I have a couple of pictures," she replied, passing Emily her wallet and pointing towards the three or four wallet-sized photos tucked inside. She wasn't the type to carry hundreds of photos of her kids, but she did keep a few shots that she was particularly fond of. "I think you'll like it here. Well, there's drama here, but that's any company. And if you ever need help with anything, just come to me or Amber, and we can make things easier."

Delilah wanted to make a good first impression with this newcomer. She seems nice enough, she thought approvingly. Looks like we might get along nicely. I hope Cecilia is nice to her. It would suck if Cecilia got all evil with her. But at least I'll be around to diffuse the situation... I hope.

Page 1 of 4