Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 5:30 PM
Gavin smiled as he looked down happily at the gold band around his ring finger, feeling the natural heavy warmth of it having been sitting there for a couple of months, and he slowly walked back into the QC building. He wondered how Delilah was, having dropped her off earlier at work and then taken the twins to her parents house, and he was missing his sweetheart already

As he strolled in, he noticed several new people, and he greeted them with a smile, approaching the woman who were surrounded Delilah

"Well hello, fancy seeing you here" he said, giving his wife a peck on the cheek and he hopped onto the table beside her and sat down, kicking his legs like a school boy as he smirked at the other women, "hey, I'm Gavin, nice to meet you. I see you've met our kids already!" he laughed, glancing at the photos in the woman's hand, "such cuties, but not just a little bit naughty!"
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 6:06 PM
Name: Sapphire (Nickname Saffy) LeDora

Bio: Saffy is the new girl on the block. She graduated from Violet Lane Fashion School and sold her choice peices for over £2000 a pop. Despite coming from humble beginnings as a 14 year old London runaway, she took a particular intrest in textiles at school and enrolled in fashion school at the age of seventeen.

Personality: Creative, Outgoing, Friendly (if you're on the right side of her)

Headshot:

Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:07 PM
Cecilia placed Noah and Macey back in the room. They had stopped crying. And she noticed she hadn't gotten a message back.
The people at QC had probably spread some stuff about her that wasn't true, and they wanted nothing to do with her. She frowned and walked back into the living room. She collapsed on the sofa and closed her eyes. She needed sleep... and someone to talk to.
Coffee would be perfect. She stood up and grabbed a cup of coffee.
She walked back again and looked over at the big city from her penthouse. That she had money, and a big house didn't mean she was happy. She would love some friends too. Maybe she would go to QC later... or maybe that wasn't a good idea... She took her phone and called Micheal. He had to babysit while she was off to QC. And so he came, and Cecilia left her home with pain in her heart for leaving the twins.

As soon as she opened the door she could feel it. People staring at her. Old pretty, always good-looking Cecilia had turned into a sleepless... train-wreck. She tried to smile, but immediately left to her office where she was going to be all day long. She didn't want to deal with annoying people. Who only rejected things because they hated her. She messaged Amber.
Hey Amber,
I was wondering if maybe you could get me a cup of coffee?
Thank you.
C.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 7:55 PM
Saffy strutted in through the glass doors, a simple black dress about her petit frame.
The reception was bustling, workers running back and forth, outfits on racks being pushed around manically.
She bit her lip, the 'uber chic designer' persona she was going for crumbling rapidly.
Attemping to tap people on the shoulder was proving hopeless, they all seemed to strut past her, noses in air, hands on hips.
Letting out a light sigh, she reached out her arm and tapped one last person.

(( If you will be who she tapped, just continue Thankies! ))
#30 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 1:08 PM
Ellen inhaled deeply, standing outside the QC building. She was so out of her league...Fixing her pale blue workshirt and smoothing her light blonde hair, she shifted her breadbasket to her other arm and pushed open the door, looking around for reception. Which offices were she meant to go to again?

Walking over to a person answering a phone, she smiled and inquired, "Excuse me, I'm new and I don't know which offices I'm meant to deliver these lunches to...Oh wait! I have a list here! Silly me." Flushing deep red, Ellen turned quickly and walked away briskly. Picking up the piece of paper from her basket, her eyes scanned over the names.

"Who are these people?! Are they just the designers?" Biting her lower lip, she groaned and kept walking. Surrounded by snobs and models, Ellen felt shorter than she had ever felt in her life--and not height wise.

"Can anybody tell me where I can find, uh...Cecilia Queen? Oh, crap. I'm assuming that's the owner." She asked, practically talking to herself.
Theorist
#31 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 1:46 PM
Delilah smiled up at Gavin. "Hey, sweetie, I was just talking to everyone. It's good to see you here." She introduced Gavin to everyone and hugged him tightly.

"By the way," Delilah added, as an afterthought, as she reached into her purse, "I have some building maps to keep you from getting lost." She handed out the maps, along with a list of restaurants and fast food places nearby. "There," she said, "now all the major stuff is covered. All of the coffee machines and all are labelled. We had a bit of a worker shortage before you all came, but now things are more or less back to normal. It's great to have met you all, but I really have to get to work."

She flashed one last grin to everyone and then headed up to her office. Good old office, she thought, rearranging a vase of flowers. She smiled at the small framed photograph on her desk, showing her and Gavin with their two children. Normal happy family picture, she thought.
Scholar
#32 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 8:59 PM
Amber's phone went off and she frowned as she picked it up from her bag and read it .

Hey Amber,
I was wondering if maybe you could get me a cup of coffee?
Thank you.
C.

"Duty calls" she said, waving to the other people around and going over to the coffee machines. She made herself her cup of tea and put it in her extra large travel mug and grabbed a cup of coffee for Cecilia.

Amber made her way back upstairs and knocked on the door. "Coffee delivery" she called, putting the coffee down on Cecilia's desk.

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Original Poster
#33 Old 30th Jan 2008 at 9:09 PM
Cecilia smiled gently as Amber walked in.
"Please... close the door. Take a seat. I really need to talk to someone." she swallowed hard and took a sip of the coffee. No one felt sorry for her, who was she kidding?
"How are you doing?" she asked first. She just wanted to talk, it was simple.

Her tiredness would probably take it's toll at the end of the day. But she loved work. And she was going to work the minimum time she thought she needed to.

"I... I was wondering how things were going at QC. And then I don't mean the people, but the business. I've been away... in case someone didn't notice. Not that they care. Anyway... thanks for the coffee. And..." she didn't know what to say. She couldn't just start about her not being able to handle it all. Not being able to walk normally, sleep, or even eat.
#35 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:12 PM
awww slytherin those are toooo cute!!!!

the Delilah and Gavin in my game have little baby twins too lol i shall take pics for you all tehe
Field Researcher
#36 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 7:26 PM
(( Um...is anyone gonna notice Saffy or shall I move her on? ))
Scholar
#37 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 2:31 AM
"I'm doing pretty good actually" said Amber, plopping herself down in the large chair opposite Cecilia, and sipping on her tea "My boyfriend managed to get a job transfer to the city which is really nice. I missed seeing him when he got the job up North, but he had to go where he was hired".

She tried to wipe the dopy grin off her face and focused her attention back on Cecilia. 'Things have been pretty quiet lately. It almost doesn't seem like the same place anymore to be honest. No one's running around being all crazy and causing drama. It's really kind of freaky. Oh, and by the way" Amber said "How are the babies doing? I bet they're a handfull".

OOC: Awwws thank you! Seriously, they're the cutest couple I've EVER had. They keep congratulating eachother for being hot and going those "call me you sexy thing you" gestures at eachother. That and the constant autonomous making out and the cuteness of Gavin always rubbing her belly while she was preggers.

SixWordStories
Original Poster
#38 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 12:40 PM
"Oh, that's good. It's always nice to have the ones you love with you. Especially when you work at QC." she gave her a smile and then closed her eyes for a moment.
"Causing drama? Yeah... but it isn't really nice if people call you 'The Devil' behind your back. And well... the wedding was something different. Chris had tried to poison Gavin because he hates it that I don't love him anymore. I only tried to help. But it seems like people thought I would fucking poison someone because the guards didn't seem to like me." her brows furrowed, but not at Amber.
"I'm sorry... I didn't try to sound like I was angry at you or anything."

"They are" Cecilia said with a sigh when she mentioned the twins. "They're... ten hands full. Too much. I can't handle it all... I don't have time to drink, eat, sleep, watch TV..."

She then paused for a moment and got back on the drama thing.
"But you have to understand that i'm not always the drama-starter. When people talk behind your back... you just explode after a moment. And I know it all sounds so bad. But I know Delilah only made things worse in people's eyes... I don't want to talk bad behind her back though. That's something I don't do."

((I'm sure someone will notice her ))
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 1:21 PM
Gavin smiled and hugged Delilah back, then watched happily as she walked away. The past few months had been so great in their household, utter love for each other flowing like water and now they had two adorable little babies: and Delilah's mother to look after them: a life saver

He took out his cell phone for a minute, smiling at the background which was a picture of him and Delilah looking lovingly into each others eyes and the twins playing happily in their parents arms. Smiling, Gavin typed out a message

Hey gorgeous
Missing you already
Lunch together?
Tell me if I get any calls, miss secretary
All my love
-Gav R xoxox

He sent the message, only to be tapped on the shoulder and he looked around to see a long dark haired woman

"Hello?" Gavin said, smiling at her, "do you work here? Is there anything I can do for you?"
Field Researcher
#40 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 1:35 PM
Saffy let out a sigh of relief as someone finally turned round.
"Hello?" Gavin said, smiling at her, "do you work here? Is there anything I can do for you?"
'Um, I'm the new designer, Sapphire La Dora...w-where am I meant to go?' She replied with a laugh.
#41 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 1:40 PM
Gavin nodded and looked at the woman, watching her almost stammer

"Hi Sapphire" he said politely, shaking her hand as a greeting and then laughed gently, "I'm Gavin, Gavin Ruppetts - co owner of this place" he added, waving his hand around the QC building with a broad smile

He signalled with his head in the direction of the designers offices - or cubicles, and Gavin began a slow walk in that direction

"Do you have any experience then Sapphire?" he asked with a smile, "I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration here as the place is usually a complete mad-house! It's insane with the amount of drama that goes on here. Anyway, you live in the city?"
Field Researcher
#42 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 4:11 PM
'Do you have any experience Sapphire?'
'Um, well, I've recently graduated from fashion school, Violet Lane, in London'
'Do you live in the city?'
'I moved in a few weeks ago' She said, shuffling through some designs 'I'm really looking foward to working here, by the way!'
They reached the designers offices, her face lit up.
'Oh wow!' she said, peeking inside all the cubicles 'They're so lovley and modern!'
Scholar
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 1:05 AM
"Wow, it really sounds like hard work Cecilia" Amber said, suprisingly finding herself concerned for her boss "You own a whole company though, why don't you hire some help? If only to keep yourself from going crazy".

Amber had purposely tried to ignore the drama comments, despite wanting to jump to Delilah's defense, because it was nice and drama free right now and she wanted to keep it that way.

She jumped slightly as her phone vibrated in her pocket. "One sec" she said, pulling it out and flipping it open to read the mesaage.

Hey gorgeous,

Just wanted to say hi, see how the day's going. Still on for 2nite right?

S

The dopey grin came back on Amber's face and she quickly typed back.

Hi yourself sexy :P

Day going surprisingly drama free. I know, crazy. And course we're still on!

A

SixWordStories
Theorist
#44 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 1:55 AM
Delilah pulled out her cell phone. She was astonished by how many people had sent her messages. Well, best not to keep them waiting, right? She began typing out a response to Chinsa, who she'd become friends with, astonishingly enough:

Hey, things are doing good for me. The babies are healthy and happy and love their granny. Maybe you and me and Gavin and Amber can get together for lunch or something? DSR

She sent the message and set to work on the next text, which was to Gavin:

Hey, babe. We might have a few friends with us for lunch. Sound okay? I figured it would be nice for us to get together and catch up on each other. Love you tons! DSR xoxoxox

She sent the message and sighed. "Who else?" she muttered. "Oh, right. Ask Amber if she wants lunch with us!" She pressed out a quick, simple messge:

Hey, Amber, lunch with me and a few other QC-ers-- sounds good or no? DSR

She sent this last message and then sat back, contemplating her life these past few months. So many changes, mostly for the good. She had nothing to complain about.
#45 Old 3rd Feb 2008 at 3:53 PM
Gavin smiled at Sapphire, thinking about what a unique name it was. He nodded at her as she looked at the assorted desks and cubicles and an office beside them, seeming really to like her new work space

"Well, everything you need should be here" he smiled

His cell phone then vibrated and he took it out, smiling when he realized it was a text from Delilah. He should really be getting on with some work, but after months with reasonably no drama happening, his work hadn't started to pile up yet

Friends for lunch sounds good
Met a new employee - Sapphire
Missing you more than u miss me
Love you loads
-Gav R xxxxx

Gavin then turned his attention back to Saffy, watching her admire her new working area

"My office is up the elevator one floor and to the left, Gavin R, come see me or ring me or whatever if you have any troubles, okay?" he said smiling, hoping she'd settle into life at QC, and there would be no more drama
Field Researcher
#46 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 5:28 PM
Emily took the wallet, surprised that Delilah would hand her the whole thing without checking very carefully to see what was in it. Then again, if Emily did steal anything, it would be very easy to identify her. Delilah probably knew she wouldn't try anything.

She took the wallet and looked through a pocket for pictures. There was one picture of each twin (helpfully differentiated with blue and pink outfits), a picture of both together, and a picture of the twins with their parents. They were impossibly cute.

Emily was still holding Delilah's wallet when a whole bunch of things happened. First, Gavin came up and said hello to Delilah, and then Amber got a text message and disappeared. Delilah handed out maps with the coffee machines, water coolers and important offices labeled. "Thank you," said Emily.

A delivery girl, carrying boxes of something or other, asked for Cecilia's office. "Cecilia Queen? Yeah, she's, uh, almost the owner. She'll probably take your delivery," Emily said, glancing at Delilah or Gavin for confirmation or contradiction: Emily, in all honesty, didn't know if Cecilia was the right person to receive these things. Hell, she didn't even know what the delivery was. Unfortunately, Gavin had whisked off a new girl, a designer named Sapphire La Rosa who seemed to be better dressed and have a more designer-ish name than Emily Lansdale.

Emily leaned over to the blonde girl and showed her the map that Delilah had just given her. "Here," she said, pointing, "we're right here, on the first floor. Cecilia's office is upstairs. If you take the elevator," Emily said, and the girl probably would given the amount of stuff she was carrying, "you just go all the way back. Hers is the office with the big double doors. There's a plaque with her name. You can't miss it. Here, you can have my map if you want." Emily held out her hand with the map in it and then realized the girl's hands were full. "Uh... I'll just slide it into one of these boxes," she said, clumsily attempting to fold the map. "Damn," she muttered to herself, discovering that the map wasn't folded right. She slid it under a box flap anyway. It bulged out; the folds of glossy paper looked like a fan.

Meanwhile, everyone seemed to have gone off somewhere except for Delilah, who was manically pushing buttons on her phone: a text message. She muttered something about going to lunch, and then pressed more buttons again. When she finished up, Emily extended her hand with Delilah's wallet in it. "I thought you might want this back," she said, smiling. "Your children are adorable." It wasn't too surprising: Delilah and Gavin both had good genes. Not for the first time, she wondered if all the straight guys in this business - and for all she knew Gavin might be the only one - were taken. There was certainly no shortage of attractive women in fashion. Even the secretaries were gorgeous.

Delilah had talked about lunch while muttering to herself and texting someone - either Gavin or Amber, probably. Perhaps Emily wasn't supposed to overhear Delilah's private conversation with herself... but she was curious, and she sort of wanted to tag along, and if people didn't want their conversations with themselves to be overheard, they could just have the conversations in their heads. "Where are you guys going to lunch?" Emily asked innocently, then added, "I don't know what cafes are good around here."
Theorist
#47 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 6:27 PM
"We'll probably go to the pizza place down the street," Delilah replied, looking up with a smile. "You're welcome to join us, if you'd like. It's just going to be a bunch of us QC-ers eating and catching up on lost time. It'll be a good chance for you to meet a bunch of the old-timers here. Us old farts," she added, laughing at her own joke. "And I think there's a cafe down the street too, but most of the people here prefer to mooch off of me and drink the coffees and teas that I bring with me. They're usually higher quality than most cafes, anyway. Besides, it's not like I'm going to drink all of it myself."

She pocketed the wallet and grinned at Emily, approving of the young woman. She seems nice. We might end up being friends. Maybe Amber and I should take her out for a night on the town. No drinking, at least, not for me, but it'll still be fun. It's nice to know that even with all the drama that's happened in the past, I'm still making friends and meeting more good people than bad.
Original Poster
#48 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 9:43 PM
"It is hard work. And I don't know what to do. Ofcourse I can hire help... but it's just that... I don't know. It's not that I don't really trust them, it's just that i'm afraid someone would want to do anything to Noah and Macey. And I have no one who can help me when I need it. Everyone just avoids me..." she buried her head in her hands and placed her head on the table, she groaned.
"Oh god... what should I do Amber?" she asked, helpless, a tear running down her cheek.
"I want them to grow up like they should. And people think everythings fine because I've got the money for it. But that doesn't keep the work I have to do for it away..." she swallowed hard as another tear made its way down her face.
"But... you can go now if you want. I don't really think you want to talk to me. Just like the others..." she sighed and closed her eyes, trying to keep the tears away.
Scholar
#49 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:14 PM
Amber quickly shut her phone and shoved it back in her pocket.

She was going to try to keep a level head, because it seemed like she was the only one who would. "Cecilia, nanny agencies and things like that check people out like crazy. My mom used to work for one before she retired and they make you jump through tons of hoops to make sure you're not an axe murderer or something. And as for the work thing" she said, tapping her chin "Well maybe you could try to give Gavin more responsiblities. Share things 50/50 or something. Or what about taking a nice vacation to relax? I heard Twikki Island is really gorgeous right now".

((OOC:Awww Delilah, we mooch your tea because we love you Really XD That and it's gooooood stuff))

SixWordStories
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 3:35 PM
"I'm just so afraid that something happens." she whispered. "And I can't take a vacation... it wont change the way it is. When I come back, everything will be the same again. I mean... think about it. You all have someone you can fall back on. But even my fucking brother moved away from me. People avoid me because I am 'The wedding crasher'." she paused, and though for a minute.
"You... you don't think I really poisoned Delilah's father right? I... I... I would never do that. But they all think I did..."

"Even Gavin wont talk to me anymore. But... you are... and I appreaciate it so much. I finally have someone to talk to."

Page 2 of 4