Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 10:59 PM
*OOC* Um, were we on deep space 9 for the debriefing or The Radiant? I've somehow managed to confuse myself again lol!

*Deep Space 9 - Obsevation Lounge*

As everyone began to disperse, Melena and Hal remained seated with eyes fixed upon the captain. This seemed as though was going to be a tough mission indeed, although not unexpected as they were headed into the territory of their former enemies after all. The captain then made her claim causing Melena to shake her head and Hal to fold his arms. Melena couldn't help but have a feeling that something was amiss as her counsellor training had taught her about the wonders of body language and tone.

Melena: I couldn't help but wonder if that were the case, but why?
Hal: Probably jealous, I hear he wanted this mission.
Melena: I think it could be a lot more than jealousy myself but whatever you say. What should we do then captain?

*Corridor*

As everyone else hurried to their positions, Raian still couldn't help but have a bad feeling about the whole thing. Still, he felt pretty excited about the mission ahead and couldn't wait for the chance to prove himself as worthy of Zan, despite never receiving initiation training. He tried not to think of the scenario in which he received the symbiont as teh memories from both perspectives were rather unpleasant. Apparently, the injury to Yulia had been so bad that the symbiont had been partially exposed and barely survived the joining process, never mind attempting to return it to Trill. He noticed the andorian woman from the meeting and bit his lip as he contemplated whether or not to say hello to Yulia's best friend.

*Sickbay*

Karyn arrived in sickbay and looked around at the spotlessly clean facility. She noticed that the rest of the medical team were yet to report to duty and decided that the best course of action for now would be to go over the tools and facilities, making sure that all were present and correct, before the arrival of the Deltan Captain.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:20 PM
((ooc: we're on DS9))

*DS9 - Observation lounge*

Elen: Yes I'm aware of the fact he wanted this mission but I doubt this is jealousy Lt. cmdr, I agree with commander Melena there is more here than meets the eye. Personally I think one of his pet projects has gone wrong. Look at the facts: he was deliberately vague about the whole thing and take a close look at this crew manifest.

Caeli: *leaning forward* There all connected to Tsongo.

Elen: Indeed. *turns to her XO and chief of security* I say we use extreme precautions. Lt. cmdr. Hal I want you to start to reinforce our defensive capabilities. Commander Melena, Lt. cmdr. Hal if you have anything to add please do so.

*Corridor*

sh'Raazh notices the young Trill junior lieutenant looking at her. It was the first time she ever set eyes upon him and still this young man bore the memories of her best friend Yulia. This stranger knew all her secrets and for a private person like sh'Raazh this thought was almost unbearable. But not so much as the grieve she felt as she looked at him, it was almost as looking at a strangely distorted picture of Yulia, some of the same little mannerisms but also very different, that strange familiar way he was looking at her. sh'Raazh give him a short nod and headed out to nearest turbolift at warp speed.

*Radiant - Lower decks*

Ensign Thellin is checking out his assigned living quarters, his home for at least the coming year. His antenna's twitch with excitement. His roommate is gloomy looking Bajoran-Cardassian hybrid named Mirok. Thellin's attempts to start a conversation with him have so far be twarted.

Thellin: Mirok, eh so which bunk do you prefer?
Mirok: The left one.
Thellin: Okay, seeing we have some time to kill wanna have a drink in the promenade?
Mirok: No.
Thellin: Suit yourself

Thellin leaves his roommate feeling a little worried, it seems this fellow junior officer is anything but interested in becoming friends. He had hoped to get along with his roomie seeing they will spent a considerable amount of time together. But maybe his roommate is just the sort of person who needs time to warm up to people. A beautiful young green skinned Andorian Woman is running towards him, her cheeks flushed with a darker shade of green.

Hrisvalar: He Sorjei didn't you hear me call, can you believe it we serving together on a starship it's going to be like old times.
Thellin: Oh sorry Imaru, I was lost in thought. Yeah exciting isn't it, how's your mother?
Hrisvalar: Well she's still not talking to me, you know she wanted me to became a professor at the Andorian Language Institute.
Thellin: Sorry to hear that but she'll come around in the end, she always does. I'm heading towards the Promenade for a quick drink wanna join.
Hrisvalar: Sure, we have some catching up to do.

The two old friends chat amicably with youthful enthusiasm about their hopes and dreams. Both green behind the ears dreaming of exciting adventures, their need for exploration pure and somewhat naive but genuine.

((ooc: Don't worry, I was rewriting my post anyways. Goodnight
Check out the newest Trek posters neat: http://trekmovie.com/2008/07/17/pre...st-cast-photos/ ))
Test Subject
#28 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 11:51 PM
*OOC* Cool

*DS9 - Observation Lounge*

Hal: Aye ma'am.
Melena: Seems like we're all on the same page then.
Hal: If you'll all excuse me then I should probably start on this reinforcements. Couldn't hurt to familarise myself with my little underlings in security.
Melena: Heh. Alright, we're scheduled to leave at 1400 hours. That gives you around two hours to get those upgrades done so hop to it. Will that be all for now captain? I can't think of much else to add for except from what I said earlier. We should watch our backs and keep alert!
Hal: Yes ma'am!

*Radiant - Corridors*

Raian noticed Yulia's andorian friend, one Tara sh'Raazh, scuttle off at a hefty speed and couldn't help but feel a little hurt. He mentally scolded himself for this as he personally had never met this woman and therefore shouldn't be feeling anything towards her. There would be around two hours before departure anyway, enough time for a quick drink anyway before embarking. He boarded the turbo lift deciding on a trip to the ships Ten-Forward before reporting to the bridge and familiarising himself with the helm.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:47 PM
*DS9 - Observation lounge*

Elen: Yes, that will be all. Lieutenant Caeli will assist you lieutenant commander Hal. I think it's prudent to install the Borg modifications to our shields a little earlier than expected. Commander Melena would you care to join me to sickbay?
Caeli: Aye ma'am

*Corridors*

Tahlandi notices the strange little scene between sh'Raazh and Zan. He turns towards his companion a fellow psychologist an Andorian woman named Azuma.

Tahlandi: What do you think that is all about?

*Ten Forward*

Thellin and Hrisvalar decided that it would be better to remain aboard the Radiant seeing it's departure is imminent. They take a table at one of the big panoramic windows which gives them an excellent view at the Bajoran Wormhole.

Thellin:
Within a few hours will be crossing through into a brave new world.
Hrisvalar: *raises her glass* To the unknown.
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:00 AM
*Corridors*

Mizuki too cocked her head at the situation and then turned to her cardassian colleague.

Azuma: That was Lt. Zan, a joined Trill and you don't need a degree in psychology to tell that Lt. Cmdr. sh'Raazh was uncomfotable in his company. Perhaps she knew the previous host? If that were the case then perhaps she feels that her privacy has been invaded by the fact that joined Trills carry the memories of their previous hosts. Either that or she feels that maybe it is an insult to her friends memory somehow. I'll need to read Tara's file to be sure before - and I'm now infringing confidentiality. I'm Mizuki Azuma by the way, ships counsellor. I don't believe we've met?

*Ten-Forward*

Raian took a seat near a window and gazed out towards the wormhole. In just two hours he would be taking the ship through it, with not only the exciting prospect of venturing into the unknown, but the sheer challenge of it. He'd never actually taken a starship through a wormhole before, although two of his predessors had travelled through them in the past. He noticed the two young andorians and smiled before ordering himself a drink. There sure were a lot of andorians on board, he'd counted two on the senior staff alone.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:25 AM
*Corridors*

Tahlandi was taken aback a little by Azuma's response, she seemed irritated somehow. Maybe it was that damned debriefing that wasn't a debriefing at all. The senior staff wasn't even properly introduced to each other.

Tahlandi: I'm Tahlandi Rann, science officer. And I have a degree in psychology *smiles* Well I didn't know that Lt. Zan was a joined Trill but that would certainly explain some things. Weird we haven't met at the academy. But than again psychology is a rather popular subject. *Hesitates for a moment* So what about that meeting, I mean making a whole spectacle about this big debriefing and then give us virtually nothing to work with but some vague statement about a sensitive mission. I'm not even sure what the mission is. Did he actually give a reason for them being there. *mumbling more to himself* Except that nonsens about the Binary system.

*Ten Forward*

Hrisvalar is getting another round of drinks when she notices the most handsome man she had ever seen, a young Trill. He seemed to be lost in thought and is looking at the wormhole. Hrisvalar feels herself blushing and quickly turns her gaze away and bumps into a Vulcan officer causing the classes to shatter on the floor flinging their content on several people including the Trill officer.

Hrisvalar: I'm sorry.
Vulcan officer: It was an accident, there is no need to be sorry.

*Sickbay*

Captain Elen and commander Melena enter sickbay. The captain looks around but doesn't notice the doctor at first.

Elen: Doctor?
Test Subject
#32 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:52 AM
*Sickbay*

Lynda heard someone enter and then the captain's voice. She got up from her desk and left the office in order to greet the captain and first officer. She smiled cheerily as she did so.

Riley: Good day captain, commander. Everything seems to be in order here, just waiting for the rest of the medical team and we'll be A-okay. What can I do for you then?

*Corridor*

Mizuki suddenly realised that her response probably sounded a little harsh, although that was not her attention. She listened to the cardassian, who had identified himself as Tahlandi Rann, before responding.

Azuma: That is strange. Surely I would have remembered you, a cardassian in starfleet isn't something you see everyday anyway. Not that I mean to be disrespectful of course, I mean you don't see many purple Andorians either do you? I'm sorry if I sounded a little harsh back there, thats really not like me at all. Well, not unless I get attitude first. I might feel a little better for a quick drink, want to come along? After all, I can't do much counselling in this kind of mood anyway! That 'debriefing' was a bit of a waste, I mean we weren't really told anything useful and what he did tell us seemed to be fabricated somewhat. Anyway, drink, are you coming Mr. Tahlandi? Thats a Bajoran name isn't it?

*Ten-Forward*

Raian was quickly snapped out of his thoughts when all of a sudden he found himself dripping wet with goodness knows what kind of substance. He turned around to see the female andorian from earlier and a soggy vulcan officer vacating the scene. He had only seen a back up until now but close up he couldn't help thinking how beautiful she was. His first port of call however would be to look cool and laugh it off.

Zan: Whoops, well done! Seriously, don't worry about cos I'm not. I'm Zan by the way, Yulia Zan.(realising that was wrong and rolls his eyes) Or I could even be Raian, heh heh, damn joining. Let's try Raian today, and you are?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:56 AM
*Sickbay*

Elen: Thank you doctor, as you gathered at the meeting our first priority when we are in the Gamma Quadrant is a search and rescue mission. I need you and your medical team to start preparing for mass causalities. Also I gathered you were working on a way to neutralize the anti-coagulant effect of the Jem’Hadar’s energy weapons by means of an universal vaccine. I’d like to know how your research is going; the latest reports showed you were on the verge of a breakthrough.

*Corridor*

Tahlandi:
Well I kept mostly to myself, there were some let's say anti-Cardassian sentiments among other cadets. Yes it is actually but just call me Rann. I assume you have a human ancestor, Mizuki Azuma isn't exactly an Andorian name. As for a drink I don't see why not, the labs are in order so I've got some time to kill.

*Ten Forward*

Hrisvalar goes a deeper shade of green and doesn't even notices Raian Zan's little slip of the tongue. A bartender tends to the broken glass and spilled Andorian Ale.

Hrisvalar: I'm so sorry sir. Eh my name is Hrisvalar, Imaru Hrisvalar. Crewman 3rd class, can I get you another drink *stuttering a little and blushing more deeply now*

((ooc: hope this works for you ))
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:17 PM
*Sickbay*

Riley: Yes, I'm finally starting to get somewhere. We know that Jem'Hadar weapons have a substance intergrated into them that prevents the blood from clotting and therefore prevents healing, right? I've been attempting to boost the immune system to compensate and have been able to initiate a slow healing process. Unfortunately when I say slow I mean very slow and only in species with red blood cells, I'm still working on a vaccine for Vulcans, Andorians etc I'm afraid. I also haven't concluded if the vaccine is safe for joined species such as the Trill as I don't know if it will attack the symbiont. Rest assured that I'm working on it! Anyway, as soon as I have a medical team I'll continue with those preparations.

Melena: Good work doctor! You'd better get cracking as we have plenty of Andorians, Vulcans and even a joined Trill on board. Oh, this looks like some of your team right now.

Riley: Yes ma'am. Oh finally, I was starting to wonder if the only medical personnel on board were myself and the EMH. Those holograms are so boring, I wonder if I could program it to be a little more interesting...will that be all then? With all due respect, it's going to take some time to complete preparations and I'm keen to get started as soon as possible.

*Corridor*

Azuma: Yes, my human father was from Earth and my andorian mother was a scientist fascinated with Earth culture. My father hailed from a region known as Japan, which is where my name originates from. Apparently Mizuki means 'beautiful moon'. Anyway, he's a starfleet captain so I didn't see that much of him and I was raised primarily on Andor my my mother and her family. I wonder which ship he's commanding now? I haven't heard from him in a year or so. What about you, any family to speak of?

*Ten Forward*

Zan: Whats with the sir? Oh yeah, my rank heh heh. Listen, why don't you just call me Raian? It's not like I'm on duty yet anyway. Don't worry about the drink, to tell you the truth I wasn't really enjoying it anyway. (sees Thellin looking over) Oh, is that you're friend? Just how disappointed should I be (flirting)?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:05 PM
*Ten Forward*

Hrisvalar: I'm sorry Si... I mean Raian *still blushing* You mean Sorjei *giggles* we're just good friends. Maybe you weren't enjoying your drink because your sitting here all alone why don't you join Sorjei and me *said in a flirtatious manner*

Thellin walks over and suppressing the urge to laugh at the scene, the subtle flirtation between Zan and Hrisvalar while covered in ale was slapstick like in nature. He also senses a strange duality in Zan, something he only ever experienced in the proximity of joined Trills.

Thellin:
Everything alright here Imura *holds out his hand to Zan* hello I'm ensign Sorjei Thellin.

*Loading Bay 7A.36*

Lt. Woods was coordinating the transfer of engineering supplies to the Radiant. He finds himself in an odd mood, as he watches the activity knowing that this will be the last time he will set eyes on DS9, his home for the last four, in a long time. He already said his goodbyes to his friends and co workers, debriefed his replacer and tied up all loose ends but still a little sadness seems to be creeping up on him. He takes on of the boxes and loads it on the transporter wondering what lies behind the wormhole.

*Corridor*

Tahlandi:
Yes I have family back home on Bajor. Maybe you've heard of my father, he is Tahlandi Kusto. One of the commissioners of Truth and Reconciliation Commission of the Cardassian-Federation Alliance. Sorry if I'm indiscreet but why don't you just look your father's commission up in the Federation database, I mean if he's not on any classified mission you should be able to find him.

*Sickbay*

Elen: Yes I won't keep you any longer, doctor. Commander Melena I'll be in my ready room so you have the bridge for now.
Test Subject
#36 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:25 PM
*Corridor*

Azuma: Thats the problem, I tried that and nothing. Come to think of it, he did say something about a classified mission. I hope he wasn't commanding the Rodenberry. But enough about me, I am familiar with a Tahlandi Kusto. I supppose I shouldn't pry any further but saying that I'm a counsellor so it's my job to be nosy, tee hee. Well, here we are. I could use an Andorian Ale but it's probably best if I don't drink alchohol as I'm on shift soon. Oh, isn't that Lt. Zan over there? I hope he's not drinking, a drunk pilot flying us through a wormhole doesn't bare thinking about!

*Ten-Forward*

Raian smiles and shakes Sorjei's hand, although he found it a little difficult to take his eyes off Imaru. He felt himself going a little pinker every time she blushed and he hoped he would have the chance to get to know her well.

Zan: Nice to meet you, I'm Lt.Jg. Zan. Thats Raian Zan by the way but you'll have to excuse me if I get it wrong, I've only been joined 6 months and I'm still all confused. If you want to laugh you know just laugh. I mean I'm going to be piloting a starship stinking of Andorian Ale unless I somehow find the time to change so why not? I don't think the captain would find it very funny though. Oh, and the reason I wasn't enjoying my drink was because it was a Raktajino, thats Klingon coffee by the way, and I really don't like it but Yulia, the last Zan, couldn't get through a day without it. Still, I'd like to think of myself as a sociable person. So what do you two do then? You nervous about the mission?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:48 PM
*Bridge*

Caeli let's out a loud curse as he burns he fingers when he accidentally short circuited another relay again.

Caeli: Dammit I hate experimental technology. Why didn't they take more time to study the technology Voyager acquired in the Delta Quadrant. But no ... *stops himself* Sorry sir, I get this fixed in a jiffy.

sh'Raazh enters the bridge looking annoyed by something as she walks over to Lt. cmdr. Hal and Lt. Caeli.

sh'Raazh:
do you need assistance Lieutenant Commander Hal, it seems your colleague is having trouble finding the right end of a hypospaner.

*Ten Forward*

Thellin: A little but mostly we are excited *points at himself and Hrisvalar* But you know what they say about drinking and driving *getting a dirty look for Hrisvalar*
Hrisvalar: Maybe you should get changed Raian, you wouldn't want to give a bad first impression. We could meet up later when your shift has ended for a drink or something else *disappointment in her voice*

Tahlandi: Well I didn't see his name on the crew manifest, the captain was Yildrin Chenowitch if I'm not mistaken. Let's hope that Zan hasn't been drinking. I don't want to disturb the Prophets home. I think I'll have an Andorian ale, alcohol doesn't effect me; the one advantage of Cardassian DNA

((ooc: goodnight))
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 12:15 AM
*Ten Forward*

Zan: Yeah? I'm pretty excited too although one can't help but feel a little nervous too. Not only do I feel like I have butterflies in my stomach but it feels like the symbionts having a little jig with them too! I'd say more excited than anything though, I mean this is what Starfleet is for! New worlds, new civilisations, yadda yadda. Unfortunatley, I will have to be going. I'll have to change and then I should probably head to the bridge and familiarise myself with the helm. Last thing we want is for the captain to order me to pull out and then have me not no how! My last assignment was on an Intrepid class so a little different. Hope I see you both again later then, take care!

As Zan left the lounge, Mizuki turned to her fellow officer with a smile.

Azuma: Hmm, then I wonder where father could be? So you're immune to the effects of alchohol? Lucky you! We'll have these and then we should report to duty. We'll be leaving soon enough and we want to be ready.

*Bridge*

Eloran rolled his eyes as he crouched next to his Bolian colleague and was just about to reply to his statement when he heard a harsh voice from behind. He stood up and faced the Andorian woman.

Hal: I wouldn't say everything is going smoothly but it's getting done. You must be Sh'Raazh? Lt.Cmdr. Hal (holds hand out to shake), security. I'm forgetting my duties at tactical, (to Caeli) keep up the good work lietenant! Well, keep up the work, I think the ship's fighting back already! Well, I'd better start recalibrating the weapons systems, If you'll excuse me.

As Hal returned to his station, Zan entered the bridge and immediately noticed sh'Raazh as brash as ever. He smiled briefly before taking a seat at the helm. Thankfully, everything seemed a little easier to handle than he thought it would and he decided that it should take no time at all to work things out. Melena had entered behind him and glanced around the room before addressing the rest of the bridge crew.

Melena: How are the preparations coming along?
Hal: Just recalibrating the weapons control ma'am.
Zan: Just give me the word and I'll fly us out of here.
Melena: I like you're enthusiasm lietenant but we should really wait for the captain. I'm not authorised to give you that order I'm afraid? (addressing sh'Raazh and Caeli) What about you? I guess we're now just waiting on the captain, the science officer and I think our counsellor will be accompanying us for launch.

((OOC: Goodnight))
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:49 PM
*Ten Forward*

Tahlandi: Immune would be to strong a word but it takes more than an ale to get me drunk. I'm sure your father will be alright *compassionate smile*

*Bridge*

sh'Raazh: *shakes hands* Lt.cmdr. sh'Raazh Operations

sh'Raazh is crouching down to get a better look at what Lt. Caeli is doing when commander Melena addresses them. She stands up and notices Lt.jg Zan taking the helm next to the operations station. She wonders how much of Yulia is still preserved in this young man.

Caeli: I was just laying the finishing touches on the recalibration of our shields, they should be in order now. *glances over to Lt.cmdr. Hal*
sh'Raazh: I was just going to start the standard departing procedure, ma'am I'll get on it right away.

sh'Raazh walks over to her station giving Zan a little smile but still avoiding eye contact. She starts the start the routine system check-up before clearance.

*Engineering*

Lt. Woods enters engineering, several engineers are working on the warp reactor.

PO Tigan: Sir, the new specifications of the bio-neural gel packs as you requested.
Woods: Thank you crewman *glances at the PADD* Everything seems to be in order. Ensign Veela what is the intermix ratio of the warp core now.
Veela: We have the standard start-up ratio of 25:1, Sir.
Woods: excellent *taps combadge* Bridge engineering is reporting ready and on stand-by

((ooc: the layout is a little different than on Voyager, ops is next to the helm/conn, don't worry I'm not easily offended, but if I'm a little know it all let me know. See you later I also have to be going now.))
Test Subject
#40 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 4:03 PM
((OOC: Just one short post as I'm going out soon. I remember where ops is but thanks anyway! With my memory I might have just forgotten, lol! Sorry if I sounded a little rude, I find it a little hard to express myself though typing sometimes!))

*Bridge*

Raian looked up as sh'Raazh took her seat and smiled back. He noticed that she avoided eye contact but he thought this understandable giving the circumstances. As he made one final calibration on the helm, he decided that perhaps he should try and talk to her and hopefully make the older officer a little more at ease. After all, he knew a good many of her darkest secrets and he wouldn't like to think that he couldn't be trusted with them. He continued to calibrate the helm as he spoke.

Zan: Playing shy today? That's not like you Tara. Or would you rather keep things professional?

Melena tapped her combadge in response to engineering.

Melena: Good work, we'll let you know when we're ready to leave. Stand by until then, Melena out.

*Ten-Forward*

Azuma: Yes, I'm sure he is. Will you be stationed on the bridge? I'll be joining you on the bridge so we may as well go together when we're ready. For now though, we should sit back for a while and clear our minds. We need to relieve the stress of that 'debriefing that wasn't'.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 11:29 PM
*Ten Forward*

Tahlandi: Well I'll be dividing my time between the bridge and the labs, seeing I have to coordinate all scientific research. Ah look our drinks are here, let's toast to a successful mission. You know those Earth traditions really grew on me.

*Bridge*

For the briefest moment sh'Raazh almost forgets that the person next to her isn't Yulia Zan but Raian Zan. The way he delivered that remark was uncannily Yulianesk in delivery, she always had a way of calling her out when she was in one of her moods. But all the same his statement makes her mellow somewhat.

sh'Raazh: Well old friend give me some time to adjust to the situation, it's not everyday ones oldest and dearest friend dies and comes back reincarnated as a whole new person *sadly*.

For the first sh'Raazh looks Zan in the eyes her grieve and guilt almost overwhelm her and a single tear slides down her face. But she quickly regains a somewhat professional demeanor as she turns to do her work.

sh'Raazh: *chocked voice* All systems report ready to go, ma'am we are cleared to depart in one hour. *turns to Zan* How about diner tomorrow to catch up for old times sake. Don't worry I won't be cooking.

*Shuttle bay 1*

Mirok is inspecting The Delta Flyer type shuttles, they are a completely new design based on the original concept by Tom Paris, the former helmsman of the USS Voyager. The controls have been converted to standard Star Fleet issue but the Borg enhancements have remained. Mirok is the only person in the docking bay for the moment and he finds himself enjoying the loneliness, truth be told he never really felt comfortable around others and mostly kept to himself. He still felt like the unwanted child that was never loved or cared for by his mother.This deeply rooted trauma made it difficult for him to trust others. He takes a deep breath and decides to go to navigational control, he still hadn't done the check-up and the senior helmsman was probably already at the helm seeing the departure was getting nearer.
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 11:49 PM
*Ten-Forward*

Azuma: To a successful mission! I'm quite fond of some Earth customs myself and I had a lot of good times there at the academy. I must get it form my mother, although as I said my father was human. This doesn't seem to be a bad ship really, although it will take some getting used to as it's a little different to working on a station.

*Bridge*

Melena nodded in response to sh'Raazh and looked a little concerned as she realised that she was upset. Deciding that it would be best to leave alone for the time being, she sat in the captains chair and looked around to the rest of the bridge crew. Raian meanwhile, smiled apologetically as he felt that perhaps he had been a little quick on the approach. Still, he knew that Tara was a strong woman and that she wouldn't let it get her down too much, at least while no-one was looking. He turned to look at her as they finally established eye contact before shaking his head.

Zan: Tell me about it, one minute I was a cocky young kid and the next I wound up being four different people in one. I didn't even have any of the training, which made things a little difficult. It's a long story, but I'd be happy to come to dinner and tell you all about it. I'd like to get to know you again, although something tells me, with all due respect. that its probably a good idea that you're not cooking. Joking aside, it'll be like old times but different.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:13 AM
*Bridge*

sh'Raazh: *faint smile* Yulia always said I was the worst cook in the whole Quadrant.

Captain Elen enters the bridge and gracefully walks towards her XO. Her strikingly beautiful features bare the signs of deep contemplation. Everybody on the bridge springs to attention

Elen: At ease, commander how are the preparations coming along?

*Ten Forward*

Tahlandi: Well yes I imagine it is. The Radiant is only my second commission, my first one was on the USS Intrepid where I was adjutant to the head of the human science department. I was surprissed that captain Elen requested me as chief science officer, all the more as I never lobbied for the function. It's not exactly a post that is usually preserved for a psychologist so I hope I'm up for the challenge.
Test Subject
#44 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:34 AM
*Ten-Forward*

Azuma: I'm sure you'll do just fine. It's seems that this entire senior staff is in their position for the first time, or at least in a long time. Lt.Cmdr. Hal served as chief of security on DS7, so he knows what he's doing at least. All the rest of us can do is try our best! I saw a lot of capable looking people
in that observation lounge so I'm not expecting any problems.

*Bridge*

As the captain entered the bridge, Melena among others stood to attention with a cry of 'captain on the bridge'. Once relaxed she then faced her commanding officer to give her report.

Melena: Everything is almost prepared, Engineering is on standby and we're just waiting for our counsellor and science officer to arrive. We'll be clear for departure in approximately 55 minutes. Looks like we have some time to kill. How are the weapons and shield calibrations going?
Hal: I'm just about done ma'am, and Lt.JG. Caeli seems to making progress now too.
Melena: Good, we'll need our shields for our trip through the wormhole. We're expecting a bumpy ride, think you can handle it Mr. Zan?
Zan: No problem, I mean yes ma'am!
Melena: Very good lietenant.

((OOC: Goodnight))
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:56 AM
((ooc: goodnight))

*Bridge*

Caeli: the shield modifications are all done ma'am, to be honest Lt.cmdr. Hal did most of the work I just did the finishing touches.
Elen: *takes center seat* Excellent work people. As soon as we are in the Gamma Quadrant I would like a senior staff meeting. It seems none of you have been properly introduced to each other and I like my crew to be close to each other. I'd also like to debrief you on the current political climate of the Dominion.

Caeli takes the seat left of the captain and looks at a small LCARS with information about the political situation in the Gamma Quadrant. Ever since Odo had rejoined the great link, the Dominion had relinquished it's tight leash on it's 'members'. But this new found democracy brought with it great turmoil and internal struggle. Several worlds have started to seperate themselves from the Dominion leading to chaos and newfound terror.
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 12:52 PM
*Bridge*

Melena took the seat to the right of the captain and also began to pore over her console. It wouldn't be too long before they were due to depart and sh wanted to be ready.

*Ten Forward*

A psychologist you say? Have you ever thought of being a counsellor? But I'm assuming you're more interested in the science part of the whole thing. I was just talking to Cmdr. Melena before the debriefing and apparently she was orignally a counsellor and then moved on to operations. She's the first officer here now and she was just as surprised to gain that position as you are this. As I said earlier , you'll do fine, I believe in you! Anyway, we should probably attend to our posts, we'll be leaving soon and we need our chief science officer on the bridge. It was really nice talking to you, I hope we can do this again.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 1:14 PM
*Ten Forward*

Tahlandi: Thanks for the vote of confidence. To be honest I never really wanted to be a counselor, so I choice the experimental side of our field. I didn't know that our XO used to be a counselor. Well our captain's background lays in human sciences, she used to teach anthropology and sociology at the Academy. I even attended a guest seminar of hers once. Maybe she likes to surround her with people with a similar background. Yes you are right we should be leaving soon *stands up*

*Navigational control center*

Mirok gives the navigational control center a quick but thorough check-up. This was actually a routine procedure and could easily been done from the bridge. But regulations specified that with a new ship, before it embarked on it's mission it had to be double checked. Everything is in order, as to be expected. Mirok twiddles with his combadge before reporting to his superior, Lt.jg. Zan.

Mirok:
Ensign Mirok to Lieutenant Zan, please confirm that the helm is working according to specifications.

*Bridge*

Tahlandi and counselor Mizuki arrive at the bridge with 20 minutes to spare before take-off. Tahlandi takes the science station and reliefs a Vulcan ensign.

Tahlandi: Lieutenant Tahlandi reporting for duty ma'am.
Elen: Take your station Lieutenant, ah counselor I'm glad to see you joined us on the bridge.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 2:33 PM
*Bridge*

Azuma entered the bridge behind Tahlandi and looked around at all the nervous faces manning the various consoles. She couldn't blame them for feeling like this seeing as they were only the second starship to enter the gamma quadrant since the fated voyage of the Rodenberry. What this fate happened to be was yet to be investigated, or even if the ship was even there for that matter. Pushing these thoughts aside for now, she smiled warmly at the captain before taking a seat at an unoccupied station.

Azuma: It is my pleasure captain. Let's hope that our mission is a success.

Meanwhile at the helm, Raian jumped a little as his combadge blipped. He had been feeling so bored that he had begun day-dreaming, although whose life he was actually dreaming about was anyones guess. For now it wasn't all that relevant and he was glad to see that he hadn't changed perhaps as much as he thought, he had always found himself to be easily bored after all. He tapped his combadge in response to Mirok.

Zan: Sorry, everything is A ok up here. Thanks for double checking everything ensign, Zan out. Helm is ready to go when you are captain.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:01 PM
*Bridge*

sh'Raazh: DS 9 reports all systems green, captain. The docking clams are being released and captain Kira wishes us a safe journey.
Elen: Lieutenant Zan lay in a course to the wormhole. As soon as we clear it, I want you to lay in a course to Karemma. Send a thank you to captain Kira Lieutenant Commander. *turns to counselor Azuma* Ready to flex your diplomatic muscles, counselor?
sh'Raazh: Aye ma'am

sh'Raazh is surprised by that order seeing that traveling to Karemma would mean a considerable detour from the Kemala sector. An internal struggle whether to call out her captain on this unorthodox decision is raging within sh'Raazh until she realizes that the Karemma always had a friendly relation with the Federation, they even established a trade agreement via the Ferengi. But on the other hand she doesn't see how this is helpful to them but for now she decides to give her captain the benefit of doubt.

((ooc: love the daydreaming touch with Zan LOL))
Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 3:19 PM
*Bridge*

Melena raises an eyebrow at the captains decision as she too had realised the detour. As Zan keyed in the co-ordinates, Melena turned to Elen.
Zan: Aye sir, course laid in.
Melena: Captain, our orders were to head for the kemala sector. I assume we're checking up on old friends first? I wonder how the Karemma are coping under the political strain.
Azuma: Indeed. I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be captain, but in fact as I was thinking about asking you the same thing.

Page 2 of 18