Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:44 PM
GARNET! *mauls you* Yaayyyy! Can't wait to see Vahn again. How I've missed him. :valentine

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Advertisement
#52 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:38 AM

Clan: Malkavian

Name: Kestrel Beasseya (often goes by Kess)

Disciplines: Dementation Level 1 & Obfuscate Level 1

Bio: Kess was born under another name in Austria in 1922. He grew happily under the guidance of two loving parents who supported him whole-heartedly when he discovered his homosexuality. When he was seventeen years old, he met the love of his life, Dieter. They made a decision to live their lives together, despite the warnings they had heard of the Nazi party targeting gay men. Both active members of a local gay rights group, the organization was compromised when a list of members fell into the Nazi hands. Kess and Dieter lived in fear, hearing of friends and other activists being sent to concentration camps, gays having been declared a threat to the Aryan race. They were safe until February of 1945, when the police came to round them up after a 'friend' had revealed their location. Clasping hands, they stepped onto the train, not knowing of their destination, whether they would survive, and only praying they could stay together. They arrived in Bergen-Belsen several days later and were immediately put to work.

They were there for only a few days before Kess found himself in trouble with several of the guards. They disliked him because they found his eyes 'creepy' and started to beat him- almost to death. Dieter intervened at the risk of his life and dragged his love away. Kess, delirious, didn't understand what was happening when a sharp pain, worse than the others but so deliciously sweet at the same time, blossomed in his neck. He fell into unconciousness and when he woke, was...changed. Immediately he knew what he was, and what Dieter had been. Vainly, he searched for his lover, but he was simply gone. Vanished from the camp, and no one could remember seeing him. Kess searched the barracks, the latrines, even the corpses, praying above all to find Dieter.

But Kess never saw him again.

He was freed from the camp in April of that same year. He hadn't been there very long compared to most, but he was among the most changed. Kess knew he'd never be the same again, and indeed, he was not. He lived his life as a solitary, nameless vampire for a long time, which helped feed the madness that had stirred after his ordeal and all the horrors he had seen. By the time he found himself in Los Angelos several years ago, he had a new name and had developed several inane and eccentric habits, including branding himself with sigils of protection. His proudest acheivement is the five-sided star on his forehead. He remains an oddball in the modern day and age, but has begun to relax in the idea of being part of a clan- it meant brotherhood, something like what he had shared with Dieter, but never quite the same. Kess knows nothing will be the same, but he still wishes he could change what happened.

(all right, bio finally up...It's really freakin' long, but once I got on a roll, I couldn't stop! I did some research, so hopefully it's all correct...and doesn't offend anyone. That was not the intention.)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#53 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:56 AM
Shadowblade - If you have questions, feel free to ask. That's why me and Dev are here. Well, partly. :D

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#54 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:17 AM
Hehe, all right. Well...first off, what are the particulars in being a vampire in this particular roleplay? That's not very specific, but I mean things like what are we not allowed to do? How exactly are the different clans to interact? And how recently embraced are the characters allowed to be? Kess is awfully modern...
Test Subject
#55 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:44 AM
Dev or Atropa:

Do you know when apps will end/Roleplay begin? (My anxious-ness is getting ahead of me)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#56 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:45 AM
Shadowblade:
Things that you are not allowed to do... Well, killing eachother is one. Unless, of course, the person owning the character you want to kill agrees.
You do get away with killing humans, but it's frowned upon as by doing so repeatedly you'll loose the tiny shreds of humanity you have left, and the Beast will take over more and more.

Actually, it's a really difficult question to answer. Do you have something specific in mind? You can always PM me, if you don't want to post your question in the thread.

As for how the clans are to interact with one another... Think of it a bit as high school, with all the different cliques. You're free to be friends with whoever, but there are schisms between certain clans, and alot of stereotyping.
Some of it will be explained in the clan descriptions given by devoshka in post #2.
As this is a free form RP, there are no goals etc, which means it's really open to your own imagination. We work together to move the story along. So, interacting with the others is really what you make it. Know what I mean?
But again, if you have somthing more specific in mind, do feel free to ask about it.

And as for your last question; they can as recently embraced as you want them to be. There'll probably even be some embracing done during the RP, as we'll have human character as well, and some of them may want to be embraced.

Elektra:
I know the feeling. *lol* I think apps will be open as long as there are slots that aren't filled, and we'll sort out inactive characters every now and then, so it'll probably work much like the Sweet Sixteen RP.
The roleplay itself will start when we have a few more people. We're hoping to have at least a couple of human characters as well. (So the answer to your question would b; I'm not sure. *LOL*)

Also, me and dev discussed this earlier today, and have agreed that on Friday we'll increase the character limit to two characters per person, to try and fill all the slots. Again, we're hoping people will be tempted to submit humans as well. Right now, as there's a one character per person limit, I suspect that is partly the reason why we still don't have any human characters; everyone wants to have at least one vampire.
However, there's NO RESERVING spots until we actually officially declare the limit increased to two characters per person. But it does give you guys some time to think and come up with another character, should you want one.
And having said that, I'm throwing in yet two more characters that are up for grabs; Valerian's two female ghouls. As with his business partner - the Ventrue female - if not claimed, these will simply be made into NPC's.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#57 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:29 AM
Yay. But Friday's so long away. *Starts pacing impatiently around* *lol*

I'll start writing the bio for the human/goul I have in mind.

A few questions re ghouls as different sites have different rules. Do they feed on flesh of recently dead humans or drink their blood? Do they have any special powers? How do ghouls become human again and can they be turned into fully fledged vampires?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:49 AM
*giggles* I understand totally, but in some way it's giving my stupid russian internet guys time to get it back up and running.......No I still haven't gotten my internet back although they promised it yesterday, now they are saying today......we'll see.

I can't answer the questions in regard to what they feed on, but I can say that they CAN be turned into fully fledged vampires Also Atropa and I were talking and we thought it would be best if you WEREN'T your own ghoul. Meaning if you have a vampire then you can't have a ghoul that serves that vampire. The reason being is this: they could be an NPC then, and it cuts down on the interaction with others and that's what we want right? I'm hoping to get my app up soon, as in today but I have a hard time uploading images etc on dialup but I'll try! :D

See how crazy all your fellow simmers are! The MTS2 Community Neighborhood
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#59 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:41 PM
Ghouls are just like ordinary people, only they don't age, and they grow a little stronger. They're sort of inbetween humanity and vampirism.
They don't exactly FEED on the the blood of the vampire. They just get a little sip now and then; a little fix, if you will, since it almost becomes like a drug to them.
So, no feeding off of dead people.

What goes on is basically a blood bond; a human being is turned into a slave/minion/servant of a vampire by drinking their blood on a regular basis. The bond wears thinner with time, which means if the ghoul doesn't get his "fix", the effects will start to wear off, and he'll be just like any human again.
See the glossary in post #4 for further info. "Ghouls" and "Blood bond".

Oh, and yes, ghouls can be Embraced.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Field Researcher
#60 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:47 PM
Default Carmilla Le Fanu - Application for the Tremere clan
/// ON HIATUS \\\

Clan: Tremere

Name: Carmilla Le Fanu

Age: 275 (Ancilla, Sired by NPC Seath; a 513 year old Elder.)

Disciplines: Auspex - Level 3 (Revealing auras within a large distance. Lasts 28 seconds.)

Dominate - Level 4 (Trance, Brainwipe, Suicide and Possession.)

Thaumaturgy - Level 2 (Blood Strike and Purge.) Carmilla is in training for level 3.

Bio:
The first memory she had after the embrace was the soft sound of a nightly breeze, in the drapes by a window. This was soon joined with the small clinc of metal against fragile glass. She was lying on a large bed of satin, in a room with the moon as the only source of light. Her body felt heavy, sore. And she could sense the smell of blood. The clincing sound became appearant among all the other impressions that came over her. On the other side of the room, veiled in obscurity - in the dark aswell as in every other aspect - a man awaited her awakening. Although she was sure she had never seen him before, he felt familiar. He was holding a glass of wine, taping his little finger with a silverring against it. This was Seath, she was yet to learn.

When he first saw her in the streets of Pauge, or Hradčany as that part of Prauge was called back in 1732, he instantly fell for her. She was not of noble blood, but had such grace and nobility about her. Atleast in his eyes. He desired her, and had always wanted a companion. Carmilla, on the other hand, had no dreams of eternity. She was a young, godfearing christian who frequented the church. She believed in God and the Devil, and was scared to death of the latter. When she woke up in the satin bed, just a few feet from Seath, she thought he was the Devil. Her scream was muffled under his hand. He moved too quick for her to see, and that didn't help things. The long minutes of terror, waking up to this unknown life, turned into a never ending night. He calmed her down. Partly because it was in his nature, even before he became a vampire. But mostly it was in their common bond, as Sire and newborn. She belonged to him now. The blood rushing through her veins, claming her body to the undead, gave her a kind of serenity she had never felt before. He told her all her worries were gone. Poverty were no longer a problem. Death could never touch her. And she would never be alone.

Carmilla entered the life as a vampire with virgin eyes, and the trust for Seath grew with the decades passing by. But as the years turned into centuries, her outlook on life changed. Seath were no longer the Sire who protected is willing neonate. As long as her will coexisted with his, she were free. But as soon as she wanted to walk a different path, trying out her wings, he turned into a dark father who never wanted his daughter to take part in the world. He had trained her, nurturing her discipline skills. But he had never intended for her to leave him. Not even if she was to return. She was too important to him. From being his companion, to have her use her dominating skills and what not, to aid him in his quest to be an Elder to reckon with.

The betrayal was too hard to bare. He had let her blossom into a talented Tremere, only to keep her for himself. But under his watchful eyes, her talent grew into cunning. He could lock her up, shield her from the universe and only let her out when it served his purpose. But he could not anticipate how cunning she'd become. And she waited, like the sleeping beauty, for someone the set her free.

Seath had an iron hand in a velvet glove. He took her all over the world, where ever there be vampires. Eventually they returned to the city of angels, where he had his main residence. Carmilla often wondered if he mistook her for a porcelain doll, dressing her up in lovely gowns. And he highly praised her when he took her to vampire gatherings, like they were equals. She had no choice but to do his bidding, meanwhile she hoped he kept underestimating her and never discover she had a mind of her own. She had caught the eye of a Nosferatu. Normally a vampire would never seek out the Nosferatu, if not for information or other business, but Carmilla let her eyes scream for him to come to her. A Nosferatu was the only one who could creep through the shadows and reach Carmilla, without Seath knowing about it. This was her sanctuary, when he gently knocked on the window one night, and became her friend. Their friendship grew strong, he was the one who told her about Ancilla, when she became one. Carmilla saw beyond his appearance, his frightful look didn't scare her. She trusted him enough to tell him about something that she had always wondered about. After the embrace she had a scar over her left eye. She had never had that when she was a human, and she learned that vampires skin healed. So were did it come from? Seath surprised her with the truth. She always knew when he told lies, and this time he did not. The night he embraced her, another vampire had spotted her aswell, and had become furious with Seath. When trying to get in his way, in order to prevent him from claiming Carmilla as a Tremere, the violence that occured fell upon her instead. If she had become a vampire or a corpse that night if the other vampire had had his way with her, the tale does not tell.

Picture:

#61 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 6:33 PM
Default Jaden Wright-Human
Jaden Wright
17 years old
aspiring actress/model
Willing to be a ghoul (is not one yet) but eventually would like to be embraced (brujah, toreador, tremere(only for the fact of the great powers that are bestowed upon them though, as Jaden likes the idea of power) and ventrue (although I don't think she really fits the bill for this as she's not a GREAT actress.....yet )

Jaden was born with the name Jane Rachel Smith, but whoever heard of an actress with such a plain name. Like most Los Angelinos, Jaden was not native to LA, but grew up in the midwest. Jaden was the popular girl; all the boys and girls wanting to be her or with her. This adoration led her to believe that she was God's gift to the earth of men and that this town was too small for her greatness. So at the age of 16, Jaden ran away from home to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. Jaden became disenchanted when she saw the reality of Hollywood and all the beautiful girls and boys who had been there a lot long than her and were still trying to get somewhere. Jaden networked and tried to make friends but everyone was always talking shit, name dropping. You never knew who a person might know, or could become; they might get somewhere and pull you up in the process. She was used to being fawned over, not her doing all the work. Jaden sent her headshots and resume to all the agencies, but very few expressed interest. Who cared that she was in her lead play in a small po' dunk town in the middle of nowhere? Jaden continued to buy The Backstage West in the hopes that she could even get a bit part in a student film but with little to no success. Jaden's idol was Marilyn Monroe who also was a small town girl but went on to become the greatest sex symbol in history, and so following in Marilyn's footsteps she too dyed her hair blonde and worshiped the sun. She was bound and determined to fit the Californian girl ideal. That year she went to the Oscars to stand and watch all the stars walk the red carpet. "One day I will walk the carpet and I will be known all over the world; and I'll do whatever it takes to get there" she promised herself that day. One thing Jaden was beginning to realize and feared......the only way she would get the job was on the 'casting couch'. But if that's what it took then......

------------------------------

Sorry bout the pics but since I have no high speed internet I'm not able to get the ones i want so just used some random ones i had lying around

Jaden 1
Jaden 2

my pics are too big by a couple kb so I've done a link

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 6:46 PM
Ok I put in the title that applications close on Friday, they don't exactly but that's the last day before we open it up to having more than one character. I just wanted to get it out there in case someone was still undecided about joining I DO hope that more'll join, even as humans that don't want to be turned etc. That would make for an interesting twist

Oh make sure you have pics up so when I get the chance I'll attempt to make avis for you all :D

#63 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 8:15 PM
Default Edward Summers
Name: I'm Edward Xavier Summers. Now that's a name you won't forget!
Age: I'm 23 in...a couple of days, I think. Maybe I was 23 a couple of days ago, I'm really not sure. I was adopted. And I'm forgetful, so nyeh.
Clan: None. Human. But I'm willing to be Embraced or Ghoulified! Preferably by a pretty girl.
Job: Would you believe me if I told you I was a professional motorbiker? No, that's not slang for unemployed...

Personal bio: Hell yeah, time for some fun!

Okay, I'm 23/22/whatever, right? Yeah, well I was adopted and then bloomin' orphaned as quick as you can say "Cheerios", so I grew up with my best friend Emily and her family. I met my other best friend, Sean, and when we turned 17 we moved out of our homes and into our own house, with a couple of cats. Em's a sporty gal, Seannie's a shy, bookish bloke, and I'm the rough'n'tumble guy. I love vamps, I love power, I love motorbikes, I love the strength it takes to drive through the city. There's no way I'll ever be a family man! I have my own motorbike--got in a gang and whatnot on one of my fighting days; they took me in coz I was so awesome--and I'm the strongest, fiercest guy in town. Human guy, that is. You won't find no man tougher than I--there ain't no mountain high enough, and whatnot. I'm a pretty scary dude. Yes, yes, I am an arrogant jerk, it's okay. I don't blame you for thinking that; it's true.

Anyway, I'll do whatever I can to keep Emmy and Sean out of danger. Even if I have to sell myself to the Clans. It wouldn't be the way I'd imagined it would always be; I'm not one for shying from danger. Normally I'd be the vampire. But somehow...I dunno, but I may just serve my loyalties to one guy or gal--hopefully she's pretty and powerful!

Though she's safe from my affections...after all, I've always liked Sean best.

[insert picture]

((Is that okay Devvie? Ed's sooo pretty, I'm going into BV now to see if I can get a shot.))
#64 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:48 PM
Ooh, I can't wait for Friday! I must work on writing a biography of a wannabe vamp/ghoul.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#65 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:54 PM
Just thought I'd mention one thing; just because you want your character to be a ghoul or be Embraced, it doesn't necessarily mean they should be aware that vampires exist. The Camarilla go to great lengths to keep their presence hidden, so... Really, 99% of non-ghoul/non-blood doll humans don't know these vampires exist.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#66 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atropa
Shadowblade:
Things that you are not allowed to do... Well, killing eachother is one. Unless, of course, the person owning the character you want to kill agrees.
You do get away with killing humans, but it's frowned upon as by doing so repeatedly you'll loose the tiny shreds of humanity you have left, and the Beast will take over more and more.

Actually, it's a really difficult question to answer. Do you have something specific in mind? You can always PM me, if you don't want to post your question in the thread.

As for how the clans are to interact with one another... Think of it a bit as high school, with all the different cliques. You're free to be friends with whoever, but there are schisms between certain clans, and alot of stereotyping.
Some of it will be explained in the clan descriptions given by devoshka in post #2.
As this is a free form RP, there are no goals etc, which means it's really open to your own imagination. We work together to move the story along. So, interacting with the others is really what you make it. Know what I mean?
But again, if you have somthing more specific in mind, do feel free to ask about it.

And as for your last question; they can as recently embraced as you want them to be. There'll probably even be some embracing done during the RP, as we'll have human character as well, and some of them may want to be embraced.

Excellent, that helps a lot. I've got a few more, and I'd prefer to ask in the thread if you don't mind so in case there's something someone else is wondering as well, you don't have to repeat yourself a million times

So, I was also wondering what exactly happens when a vampire is embraced? And what makes a vampire different than humans, except for the blood drinking?
#67 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 10:56 PM
((In reference to the above post and my human, Edward is very, very smart. He knows things. He knows about the Camarilla, through no fault of their own.))
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#68 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shadowblade
So, I was also wondering what exactly happens when a vampire is embraced? And what makes a vampire different than humans, except for the blood drinking?

When a person is Embraced, a vampire drains them of almost all of their blood, and gives them a little bit of their own. I'm not sure about the actual change though, as I've never actually seen it described anywhere. Keep in mind, I've only played the PC games, and not the actual tabletop game. And in the PC games, the newly embraced person just blacks out, and when they come to, they're a vampire. At least that's how it worked with Bloodlines, which is the game we're mainly basing this on.

What makes a vampire different from a human being is the usual stuff; they live forever (unless they get their head cut off, stroll out into the sunlight, or get trapped in a burning building or something... OR if they're completely drained of blood), they don't age, they're pale, their only physical need is to drink blood. They have superhuman strength, and supernatural powers called disciplines, all described in post #3.
That's what I can think of for now...

sapphire - It's up to you, but do keep in mind that if a vampire knows he knows, or if they find out that he knows, he'll be considered a threat.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#69 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:11 PM
Perfect, that was all I needed to know. Thanks!

Oh, this'll be fun :P
#70 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 11:54 PM
ooc: *dance*
This is going to be so much funn~ Sorry for the spam but I simply had to express my excitement. :'D

*runs off to prepare a female human with an intense hatred of everything vampire*
Oh. Wait.

Really, 99% of non-ghoul/non-blood doll humans don't know these vampires exist.

o___o
Is it alright if my human woman knows if say...she caught a Toreador female seducing her lover, tried to kill her only to fail, and somehow connects that she might be a vampire?
Hee, or would you prefer them not know at all?
#71 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cherryp3
o___o
Is it alright if my human woman knows if say...she caught a Toreador female seducing her lover, tried to kill her only to fail, and somehow connects that she might be a vampire?
Hee, or would you prefer them not know at all?

Heehee, sounds like someone's already thought theirs out.

Don't worry everyone (don't know why you would, really) I've decided that my human will be merely human, and rather boring. Like me! xD
Test Subject
#72 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:07 AM
Yay! I can't wait. x] I am probably going to make a male human... I've got to work on his background/personality though. don't want all my characters to be too similar. And once you say so on Friday we'll be allowed to post our apps?

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#73 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:08 AM
cherryp3 - That's fine. I just said that because the Camarilla really do treasure their beloved Masquerade, and do anything to uphold it. People not knowing there are vampires is, after all, the essence of the Masquerade.
So, just to clarify, I'm not saying none of the human characters can know there are vampires. There's still that 1% that do know. I was merely saying that the question regarding being embraced/a ghoul, in the app for humans, doesn't go hand in hand with the human characters automatically knowing there are vampires.

trampled - Yup. Looking forward to seeing him.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
#74 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 1:36 AM
ooc: Oh, ok! Thank you for clearing that up Atropa. :]
Spooner: x] So I have. Hehe, there are still bumps, but hey. I've mostly got her written out.
Field Researcher
#75 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:45 AM
Just letting everyone know that Esther will be joining in - will put together my app tonight.

Hmmmmm... are their guidelines as to levels of disciplines compared to age? Every game works differently so I was wondering if you had this or not... or if I missed it...

Page 3 of 45