Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:38 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 8th Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM. Reason: fixed post category
Default [Totorial] the way i build half walls and folded stairs in modern houses
many people asked me that how to make half walls and folded stairs in SIMS3, i think it is similiar to that in SIMS2.so i made a totorial.
first part is the half wall
75 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:46 AM
ok ,that' all. thanks for your support.
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
Do you mind if I make a video version of this for my site? Because me and a few other builders make video tutorials to make it easier for people to understand.

This is what I mean: http://thesimsupply.com/videotutorials

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 10:16 AM
Thanks a lot amiao! :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:20 AM
at first, thanks for the tutorial.

but i tried it and found an error

4 clicks --> 12 Steps
6 clicks --> 8 Steps
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
I figured out that you can put stairs on empty land and they will cerate depth that equals 4 click or 8 stairs

Look at the pictures, they will clear out things
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:24 AM
Is their any way to have a half wall (like a fence) connected to a full wall without having that slanted wall? hmm that sounds confusing but hopefully someone knows what I mean. Maybe I'll have to make a picture showing what I mean. I'm thinking their isn't a way to do that but figured I'd ask.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM
maybe it is just m,y mouse but the sims 3 is very sensitive and I ahve had a bit of a hard time digging just one click to one click of the mouse. Using the stairs metod is the best way to go as you need to be exact in order for your split leval stairs to work.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 10:40 AM
Yeah, exact digs seem to be close to impossible. Using the stairs is the most accurate I think.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:05 PM Last edited by hudy777 : 8th Jun 2009 at 4:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KrypticK2
Is their any way to have a half wall (like a fence) connected to a full wall without having that slanted wall?

You can do it by adding real fence between half wall and normal wall. I think it's the only way to do it
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 4:44 PM
Is it possible to fix the wall in the second-to-last picture? I mean, is it possible for the landing to border normal walls, or does it have to be isolated on each side?
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hudy777
You can do it by adding real fence between half wall and normal wall. I think it's the only way to do it

Not the greatest thing, but I might actually be able to use something like that for what I have. I wish we had better control of the fences or walls. I'd love to be able to build a wall and control its height. Oh well no big deal. I'll go play now thanks :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 3:56 PM
thx ) and i can bulid Solis house (desperate housewives) ^^
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 7:08 PM
I recommend using stairs, for this game to terrain tools are too unpredictable. it si the same as in the sims 2, like the OP said...

16 clicks = 4 stairs = wall height
12 = 3 stairs = whats used for basements and most CFE
8 = 2 stairs = Direct half wall
4 = 1 stair set = Quarter wall, foundation height

Adaman - you can level out the whole level to do that, it will render it useless, but get the effect your looking for

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 3:34 PM
I was using the CFE cheat to make a roof like above, but the game leaves a shadow that can be seen in certain angles. Just wondered if you all have the same problem?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#16 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:08 PM Last edited by coltraz : 14th Jun 2009 at 1:08 AM.
Thanks... but for the half wall, my level tool only concentrates on the level I start it at, extending through the house at that level of the assist wall instead of jumping up to the higher wall in order to alter it. No matter what I try, this happens. It's like the wall I'm trying to make smaller isn't even there, as far as the level tool is concerned.

ETA: I realised it seems that I was having trouble because I was trying to make a half with two-storey walls on foundation. It works minus foundation, with just two storey walls. but it doesn't work with foundation? Is there a way to?
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:28 AM
The stairs don't work here.
I did the half-stage but i can only place a 4-stair when i put a floor-tile there.
There is no way to place the second stair though...
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QBUILDERZ
Adaman - you can level out the whole level to do that, it will render it useless, but get the effect your looking for

I got same problem here, if we level out the rest of wall, so it's mean that room can't be placed any door or window?
Test Subject
#19 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 8:03 PM
aphexZero & nhpxxx ....... I had a similar issue with making a dock over a lake in sims 2 the issues there all had to do with my heights for the dock. For the stairs to work they have to be exactly in incriments of 4. It was easier to see this with TS2 when the stairs were seperate from the modular stairs. Now that they are combined it is a bit harder to see.
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM Last edited by aphexZero : 15th Jun 2009 at 12:00 AM.
@bassnut
I used 2 stairs (4-step) to level the hole, but the (actual) stairs are always placed from the basement to the structure. I'll post a picture in a minute...

Okay...

Now here we have the first issue: without placing a floor tile on the structure the stairs don't even get built.

You see how the half-wall got wider?!

This is where i'm stuck:

There is no way to place a stair from there to the next level...
Captain Louie
retired moderator
#21 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 3:43 AM
^ You need floor tile :/

Now streaming on at Twitch.tv/SeveralNerds or UglyHoesConnect.com - whichever is easier for you to type in your browser.
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:05 PM
Omg, was i blind?!
Thank you a lot QBUILDERZ and of course amiao103!
I guess i was a bit confused because amiao103's pictures don't show the behavior that the half-wall gets wider when floor tiles are placed on the support structure.
Now i placed the floor tile exactly where it should be (where the arrow goes) and now it worked.
Test Subject
#23 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:20 AM Last edited by RedBlaze13 : 20th Jun 2009 at 10:27 PM. Reason: lol got it!:Ps
Hello,
Im new to sims so i dont know much on this, im stuck.
when i put the stairs i get 12 stair not 8 stairs. y?
my stairs go into the ground,and i have no idea y.

Great Tutorial! Got the haft walls now need to get the stairs and ill be happy!

Sorry i guess my clicks were lighter than yours lol thanks i got it lol
Screenshots
Test Subject
#24 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:03 AM
hi, im really need help... i wanto to make a L stairs close to wall. i can do that. but i cant do the wall and cant put floors on the second floor. if i put floors in the second floor, the floor tile from the stairs goes up.
this type os stairs cont be put attatechd to the wall??? sorry for the bad english....
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 4:19 AM
Im not sure what your saying but yes you can put this type of stairs next to walls just make sure you get the right height or it will not work.
i hope this helped you,lol probably not lol
Page 1 of 2