Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Multi-Sims2Pack Installer

by Tashiketh Posted 12th Jan 2005 at 1:00 AM - Updated 6th Oct 2022 at 10:38 AM by Tashiketh

Closed Thread Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated program - no more support will be given
160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 4:29 AM
Hi Delphy,

I just stumbled across this right now. I'm surprised no one has seen it! (I'm the first one to post!)

Anyway, I can't wait to test this out! However, I have a question for you:

Normally, the files get extracted to your Teleport folder. Then you have to load the game or launch HomeCrafter Plus and the files convert to a .package file in your Downloads folder. You mention the option to copy straight to your Downloads folder. No more need to convert? Or does it extract the .package file that you would see on the creator's pc?

I'll definitely try this out. Anyway, I just wanted to throw a bunch of questions your way.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 4:39 AM
You select which folder you want them to be copied to. You can pick your downloads or teleport or whatever - you dont even have to pick a sims2 folder at all, and indeed you can just leave the package files in the same directory as the sims2pack ones.

What it does is look within the Sims2Pack file at the XML embedded at the top, grabs the package filename, then extracts the contents using that name. It can handle sims2pack files with multiple packages too.

Hope this helps
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 4:53 AM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 12th Jan 2005 at 8:52 PM.
This is wonderful! Thank you! it will save so much time especially for those of us that have EDD

EDIT: it works great!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:06 AM
This really helps a lot! I have an extreme case of EDD and have actually stopped downloading floors and walls because it takes forever and a day just to install them all. Plus, I'm anal about keeping my floors and walls separated so I have to do the convoluted thing and rename my Downloads folder to something else and rename my Teleport folder to something else, create empty directories of each and then install all floors, then run HCP to convert, then copy to floors folder... then do the same thing with walls. If I can do that in one fell swoop, then it's a time saver indeed.

Another question (I haven't tried this yet) but when it does extract the .package file, does it name it wall_xxxxx.package and floor_xxxxxx.package? Some creators have uploaded their files in that format - meaning, they didn't package them through HCP. They just grabbed them from their Projects (?) folder. If that is the case, then I can just organize my Downloads folder by name and highlight all floors and move them to the floors folder and do the same with walls! :D
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:12 AM
Yes it'll use whatever the creator used - it doe in no way rename the packages. Whatever is in the pack file you'll get
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 11:38 AM
:clap: This is fantastic ! Thank you so much Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 11:40 AM
Thank you Delphy! I have like 1,000 of those damn things!
:D

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious
Field Researcher
#9 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 11:47 AM
Thank you sooooooooooo much This will make installing the files much easier! My mouse finger was starting to hurt from clicking all the individual files

:howdy:
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 11:50 AM
Wow, this is really useful tool!
My friend has been complaining about having to install 300+ walls one by one the other day, and I didn't know how to help him.
Delphy - you simply RAWK!

Kimmy
Forum Resident
#11 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 11:52 AM
Thank you
I over look this one
This will come in handy thanks again
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 2:53 PM
Lovely job Delphy Thank you
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 3:00 PM
I tried it and I love it ! It worked perfectly for all my floor and wall .sims2pack files.
Will it be usable for skin sims2pack files in an elder stage ?
I couldn't resist trying it on some Sims files (I mean the complete Sims) and it ended up in 2/3 good .package files and 1/3 "strange" files like "![CDATA[f55c6e17_shadow.package]]" :D
#14 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 3:11 PM
Delphy ur a star xxxxxx :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 3:50 PM
Azureale - That is a good test! I have quite a few complete Sims that I've never put into play, so I hope Delphy can give us an answer about non-HCP .sims2pack files. I was going to ask the same thing anyway.

Hmmm... This could be an alternative to the Clean Installer, too, as lots are now packaged with walls and floors and I need to organize them, too. I have a bunch of lots that I've downloaded and not installed since HomeCrafter Plus came out.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by silky408
Delphy ur a star xxxxxx :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

I got no better words, so:
I agree!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 4:35 PM
thank you for this i was getting fed up with having to click on each and every one of my walls and floors just to install them thank you so much :joy: :clap: :bow:

----------------------------------------------
We are all part of the tapesty of life. Weave your threads with the colours of peace, love and compassion my friends.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 5:25 PM
hey there, i just wanted to let you know that it is now possible to install multiple sims2pack / package files with my sims2pack clean installer.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 6:17 PM Last edited by Azureale : 12th Jan 2005 at 6:32 PM. Reason: error with the download link
Oh great new Phervers ! Thank you I am "rushing" to your program home page right now :-)

For the moment there is an error when trying to download the new version, I'll have a go later (The requested URL /Sims2PackInstaller_v15.exe was not found on this server.).
Field Researcher
#20 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:32 PM
Oh, Delphy, thank you so much! I will let other know about this to try out! You answered my prayers! I will let you know if I encounter any problems.

Jade
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
hey there, i just wanted to let you know that it is now possible to install multiple sims2pack / package files with my sims2pack clean installer.

Excellent, Phervers, thanks for doing that...your program is really worked well for me.

But as with the above poster, the link to download is not working.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:42 PM
Phervers has found a problem with the new version and took it off to fix it.
It should be reposted soon again
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:43 PM
link is working back again, i had a nasty bug, so i removed file.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:48 PM
daysies, I tested it on a sims2pack file that had 9 different packages in it and it worked fine. Maybe something specific about that s2pack file?

My tool is really only a quick and dirty one that is fast and easy to use - I'd suggest using it only for walls and floors, since phervers tool does a lot more
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Jan 2005 at 8:55 PM Last edited by JadeEliott : 12th Jan 2005 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by phervers
link is working back again, i had a nasty bug, so i removed file.

Thanks, I just got it. I will let you know if everything works fine on my pc, as I assume the new features have NOT been beta-tested? Or have they?

Thanks, this is awesome.

Update: Alright, Delphy, just put this tool through some heavy duty paces, I had 1,949 wall and floor files, (this does not include my room sets folders - I know, I am a DL 'ho) and the program chomped through about half before I got an out of memory error.

Honestly, I think this is more than I could have hoped for, I mean who has almost 2,000 files to open? But the program did a GREAT job on those files, so I know I know it's limits. Basically, I made it beg for it's Mommy.

I know, I am a hard ass.

So FYI, the limit on files is about 500. 571 to be exact on my system.

I found this program to be the best choice if all you want to do is open and extract a bunch of .sims2pack files to the folder of your choice.

HTH,

Jade
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7